Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randomretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4616 2 years ago

My Mando Premium finally arrived. Happy to have it in the line up after a 10 month wait. Setup went smooth and everything seems to be working well, but it did feel like it was super easy to tilt. Is it just me or are the legs not that firm and allowing a lot of movement?

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Check the corner brackets on the inside of the cabinet. Mine were loose from factory and needed to be tightened.

Thanks. That seemed to help a little, but also felt like some of the screws were already stripped. My first at home stern and feel like I just need to be a little softer with it.

Also turned down the through lane power cause it was beating up the lane. And adding protection.

Going to install the side armor. Wondering if folks added all the new wood screws or just left them off?

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Side armor is just fine without the screws, no sense in adding holes to your precious snowflake. That worked for me anyway.

Haha and yeah exactly what I was thinking. Seems solid enough without them. Not likely they will ever come off… so probably moot either way and comes down to preference.

#4629 2 years ago

Just unboxed my premium the other night and enjoying the game. But wanted to see what setting folks have their ball trough assembly (coil) set to? The default seems way too powerful and even put a dent in the stock right rail metal protector. I dropped mine down to like 210.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’m wondering if maybe I ought to lower flipper power a little in the interest of not beating the crap out of the posts. Anybody have any experiences with flipper power adjustments (specially lowering the power?)

Interested to hear what people think on this point. And man did I find the posts on the left ramp hard last night!

#4640 2 years ago

Not sure if I am missing something, but just received my machine Monday so haven't had a lot of time on the game... but I noticed a couple things that seem like bugs to me.

1) I was able to fire the jet pack while not actually doing an encounter? I think I also got into a state where the game thought I was doing an encounter even without a ball in the upper playfield.

2) During modes the playfield lights go blank and you have no indication of the shots you need to hit. I hit something or shoot a shot and they come back on for a bit. I don't think this is a loose connection but will continue to look for one.

Are these bugs, noob error, or other?

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Not sure if I am missing something, but just received my machine Monday so haven't had a lot of time on the game... but I noticed a couple things that seem like bugs to me.
1) I was able to fire the jet pack while not actually doing an encounter? I think I also got into a state where the game thought I was doing an encounter even without a ball in the upper playfield.
2) During modes the playfield lights go blank and you have no indication of the shots you need to hit. I hit something or shoot a shot and they come back on for a bit. I don't think this is a loose connection but will continue to look for one.
Are these bugs, noob error, or other?

I am going to have to contact technical support. Definitely something not right on my game. Last night every switch was triggering score, including just flipping the flippers. The issue stopped for a bit, and then came back... I got to 1B totally legit right

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yes, it’s the 10pt switch just under the pop bumpers. Adjust the leaf switch. I had the same issue. I also contacted stern and NEVER heard back, kind of like when they stalled me for 3 months regarding my “no encounter” issue out of box- which I finally just gave up and bought new parts to fix myself. Oops, I’m ranting about sucky technical support from stern. But this is about you and your 10pt switch and the awesome pinside community that alerted me to my 10pt switch when I had the same issue.
Thank you pinside. Suck it stern (and I guess I’ll suck it myself because I still have 6 of your games - decent product - crappy service).

Well I will say I did log a ticket and got a response in a couple hours. But I think you were spot on with 10pt. Here is what the leaf switch looked like when I pulled it out.
22246F3C-B6CB-47BF-BE2E-C497D5DA08FD (resized).jpeg22246F3C-B6CB-47BF-BE2E-C497D5DA08FD (resized).jpegSo far so good now. I will definitely +100 for pinside community! Thanks.

#4656 2 years ago

Is the horseshoe scoop (premium) a rattle fest when trying to backhand from right flipper, or is there some adjustments I need to make?

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Well I will say I did log a ticket and got a response in a couple hours. But I think you were spot on with 10pt. Here is what the leaf switch looked like when I pulled it out.
[quoted image]So far so good now. I will definitely +100 for pinside community! Thanks.

So I thought I was good, but no dice. But think I tracked down the issue some. Switch ID: 75 (mini playfield right target) is now triggering when you fire either left of right flippers. I have checked the targets leaf switch and it looks fine and isn't making contact by the force of the flippers. Since I also seem to have issues with the playfield lights staying on it seems like a potential node board issue. Am I off base? I have checked and can't find any loose connections.

1 week later
#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I don't think it changes. I used Cliffy's from before he added the upper playfield drain piece on my January make with IC, no issues.

Just installed my cliffy set the other week on a premium from the latest run. Don’t think there was any change to the design, but install was simple and now things are safe! Definitely recommended.

2 months later
#5272 1 year ago

Ok, humbling question which I didn't find discussed in the thread. I can't figure out the triggering of my equipment. I had a switch issue, which is resolved, so I am finally getting time with my Premium.

1) Triggering flamethrower seems to always work, but I don't always get the back box screen animation.

2) I am having is firing Whistling Birds in a mode, or Jet Pack during an encounter doesn't seem to always work. Smash the button, but no back box animations, no shots spotted, no encounter level completed. Button is flashing Yellow and Red respectively when I press the button. What the heck am I missing?

3) When in a mode when you have both Flamethrower and Whistling Birds, does Flamethrower have priority?

I have successfully used the equipment, but it doesn't work consistently, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please make fun of me too, if it is something crazy simple that I am just not understanding I feel silly not being able to use the equipment.

#5275 1 year ago

Thanks @stonehenged. That is exactly it. And my issue was I was holding the button. Just a simple button press. Facepalm, but now I know.

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Yep. Mine was delivered in Feb and she ribbed.

Can someone share a picture of the ribbing? Interested to make sure I know what people are referring to. Thanks.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

My upper playfield flippers just completely died during game play. Any ideas?
I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to take apart the upper playfield, which I'm dreading...

I got this file from Stern support.
https://sternpinball.zendesk.com/attachments/token/2t4frfgWsKS5U9jbZAEmfdjxQ/?name=Mando+Mini+Playfield+removal.pdf

#5344 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have a decent picture of some ribbing on my DP. I got it used on a decent deal. Can’t complain because it still plays great and you don’t really notice from most angles with the glass on.
[quoted image]
Notice from another shot you don’t really see it as much [quoted image]

Wow that is really interesting. Luckily haven’t seen this on my machine. But glad it isn’t effecting your play.

#5356 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My son taught me how to use his 3d printer. My first DIY mod, gravity bombs in the flashers.
[quoted image]

Those look pretty slick. Is there an STL file for your design Crile1 !

2 weeks later
#5452 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Rebel552:

Hi,
I already tried cleaning the emitter and receiver and I don’t think that helped. I am going to attach a picture of what they look like in case you can tell if they are mis aligned.
Thanks!
Max
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That last picture with the ramp, right before the diverter, made me realize that the rough cuts are factory. I just was looking at mine this morning and noticed it. Thought there was cracked, but didn't see any pieces and mine look just like that photo. So guess that is the norm.

2 weeks later
#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

Missions extra ball- in settings it’s set to factory - auto, pre-code update I think it enabled after starting first mission, now I haven’t been able to get it to light up? Did this change in the update?

It is after 2nd mission by default. I think that has always been the case but my game came with it set to after 1st mission. Changed with the latest code update for me too.

3 months later
#6509 1 year ago

I have had an issue with my Mando since I got it. Basically just using the flippers will sometime trigger mini PF right switch. I can see the switch fire in switch test mode as well. Leaf switch spacing is fine and not touching.

Stern sent me a mini PF pcb which I swapped and didn’t resolve the issue. It happens regularly but not ever flip and can be triggered with right and left flippers. Obviously even when the ball has net been plunged you get points for the shot. It causes the game lights to get confused as it triggers randomly and the game thinkings you are in the mini PF. Really trying to track down the issue cause it is pretty annoying. Thoughts?

1 month later
#6779 1 year ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Hey guys- just seeing if what I'm encountering is an anomaly or the norm.
Mando premium left inlane wire form breaks off at the spot weld. This is the 2nd premium I have had this happen on. For time being I used 2 small zip ties for field repair.
[quoted image]

No issue on mine and haven’t heard of this issue before.

#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Maybe I changed mine to 3 to make it harder. It is a menu option. Can’t remember the default.

Not sure the number but yes it is an option. Also for some version of code it was like 1 default but then changed to 2 if I recall correctly.

#6797 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Not sure the number but yes it is an option. Also for some version of code it was like 1 default but then changed to after 2 if I recall correctly.

1 month later
#7011 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I have a chance to snag a Mando Topper and was curious if anyone knows if there were any inherent issues with the 1st Gen of the toppers vs. what will be coming?

I don’t think there are any differences between the initial run and upcoming run of toppers sans code update.

2 weeks later
#7072 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I have a really sweet deal on a Mando Premium for anyone thinking about picking up this game. I still LOVE this game but my local arcade has a pro and I only have room for 2 pins. DP and GZ are on the way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152508

Good deal for someone. GLWTS!

2 weeks later
#7140 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Added a lexan washer under the ramp where it exits to the wire form. It makes it a lot more rigid and helps with balls flying off. Worth a try if you have one laying around.
[quoted image]

If you have balls flying off there might be the 3D printed mine. I think it sticks out to far and the ball clips it. Happened on mine and you have to modify the 3D print or just keep it off and no more balls flying off!

#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

He’s saying that the mine mod you have on the ramp might be causing the ball to fly off.

Exactly. The part circled in red (see pic) overhangs and sometimes the ball clips it and kicks out. I never modified the stl file to reprint myself. Just removed it on my game. Maybe I will modify it now though since others have the same issue and will share.

7138CE0D-F2D9-46FA-9C85-62CA92544C3E (resized).jpeg7138CE0D-F2D9-46FA-9C85-62CA92544C3E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Working on trying to adjust this on mine. Going SDTM too often from the orbit.
Question: Should the ball from the left orbit feed to the left or to the right flipper?

Left shot feeds right, right shot feeds left. Just adjust the orbit exit with last screw holding the metal guide. I used a little loctite on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randomretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=randomretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.