IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 2 years ago

I always recommend raising those guides a hair with small washers.

#203 2 years ago

He’s quoting the movie, a Christmas story.

1 week later
#371 2 years ago

Here are mine.

634B3000-1BF8-4D85-A1E4-06003BDA40C9 (resized).jpeg634B3000-1BF8-4D85-A1E4-06003BDA40C9 (resized).jpeg
#373 2 years ago

Those other ones look cooler though! I like em.

#391 2 years ago

Is anyone else getting crazy feedback from their speakers when the up/down scoop is activated and holding?

#392 2 years ago

Anyone else getting these tech alerts? Everything seems to be fine.

70062BA6-A010-4A0D-9179-2849250DDDDC (resized).jpeg70062BA6-A010-4A0D-9179-2849250DDDDC (resized).jpegF2F1639A-782B-480F-9835-FEB7DEAB981B (resized).jpegF2F1639A-782B-480F-9835-FEB7DEAB981B (resized).jpeg
#398 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Pics of the crap powder coating job... some build-up and pooling of material on the lockdown bar as well, made the radius too large for the round over on the cabinet and started to damage the cabinet - very noticable when looking at the machine.
Stern has not responded all week and my distro says open the ticket first with stern then they will be able to take care of things.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine looks the same. Take a small piece of sand paper and get ride of that rust if it bothers you. Problem solved.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So here are three lockdown bars. Star Wars Pro in the back, Mando LE in the middle, and Rick and Morty up front.
Is there a reason why the powder coating is not on the entirety of the piece on Mando as opposed to Star Wars or R&M (and all my other machines)?
Also, you can clearly see how vastly different the finishing pass for the miter is from the Star Wars Pro to Mando. All my other Stern machines have perfect fitment, this one seems really off.
Anyone have any thoughts? I don't think this is normal (yes others have the same extent of powder coat on their LE lockdown bars but not oxidation) and am wondering how best to approach this. The miters on the cabinet are not finished the same as any other stern I own, it is comparable to using a bit setup for 1/2" material instead of 3/4".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from P1nhead:

Crinkle paint is not used on Rick and Morty, that is powder coat.
Rust under powder coating is a disaster waiting to happen, that is certainly an issue.
I've increased the exposure on the star wars cabinet, that is not the same as Mando.
[quoted image]

What makes you think there is rust under the powder coating? To me it appears there is rust on the bare metal and happened after powder coating. Grab a little sand paper and clean her up.

As far as the corner of the cabinet goes, grab a sharpie and move on. Life is too short. Enjoy the game!

#437 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the audio in the game at all? Any amp settings anywhere? Bass, trebble, mids?

#484 2 years ago

I’m also having issues with rejects on the right orbit with child kit. I have an LE though. So the ball hits the up post and dribbles back down the right orbit, instead of being diverted to the child magnet. Doesn’t happen every time, but a good clean shot will make it happen. Super annoying. Especially since that shot it pretty tight. Getting punished for a good shot drives me nuts.
They did make a different post for Metallica. I think it was metal. Seems counter intuitive, but that actually dampened the force better. I think it was a thinner post in Metallica than it is in Mando though. I’d have to check. I believe I actually may have a spare metal one lying around. Now I know what I need to do tomorrow.
Anyone else running into this? Any other ideas and fixes for it?

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I responded in the other thread too. Don't think this is the post all the time. I get balls stuck there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t think this is the issue on mine. Mine, the ball it hitting the up post like it’s supposed to, then going back down the right orbit.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are talking about the foundry scoop. And scoop rejects are not a feature. Haha.

Yeah I get rejects on the foundry scoop too. Direct shots from the right flipper. Definitely not a “feature”! Lol!

#525 2 years ago

Where do I report bugs to stern? Found one in the new code. Ice spider multiball. Had two ball remaining. One ball was loading into the upper playfield. Drained the other ball. Ball left the upper playfield and then the left orbit was lit and everything else was dark. Regular music was playing. The game appeared to be stuck in ice spider multiball or something. Odd deal.

#532 2 years ago

Anyone else with an LE getting their ass kicked by that upper playfield. Man I thought it was going to be easy. It is tough! I have yet to get through one entire encounter.

Am I understanding this correctly? To get to the encounter mini wizard mode, you need to complete three entire encounters. Each encounter includes 3 different levels? That's seems crazy tough to get to. Seems harder than getting to the missions and razor crest mini wizard modes. Maybe a bit out of balance.

Also, I have only ever seen the "protect the child" encounter. I really wish they would randomize the encounters like they do the razor crest multiballs and missions. Is there a setting to randomize those, so I can see the other encounters?

#539 2 years ago

Regarding the foundry shot rejects. Had anyone found a fix for this? Bending the scoop? Putting some drop dead foam in there? Anything?

#541 2 years ago

I have not lowered the power, nor do I intend to. If I did that, I may have trouble backhanding the right side up/down scoop ramp. Can you still backhand that shot after lowering the power?

#543 2 years ago

Interesting. Well, maybe I'll give it a go. I didn't know backhanding the right ramp was possible. I'll have to give that a shot too!

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does it stop the bounce back people are complaingin about?

Ha! I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the zip ties are a fix for two issues...

#568 2 years ago

Guessing you have a break in a wire or a bad solder. Pull the playfield and inspect.

#593 2 years ago

I have fixed both of my bounce out and bounce back issues. The ramp to the upper playfield, and the foundry.

Picked this stuff up on Amazon. Stuck a little square in the foundry scoop where the ball impacts. Also stuck a square on the end of the metal diverter when the ball impacts. This stuff works awesome. That ball stops dead in its track when I hit the ramp now.

It does not have an adhesive backing. So you’ll need to use some sort of double sided tape. I used this 3M stuff that goes on those little wall hangers.

Here is the amazon link for this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0100M67A4

If you don’t want to spend $20 on this stuff, shoot me a PM. I can mail you enough for what you’ll need for $5.

412B3503-DA77-48C0-AB27-7A5B42C66A8F (resized).jpeg412B3503-DA77-48C0-AB27-7A5B42C66A8F (resized).jpeg7F96417F-671C-4E05-9498-15B144F8E3E8 (resized).jpeg7F96417F-671C-4E05-9498-15B144F8E3E8 (resized).jpeg922A40AC-021F-4E1D-902B-CADDF433D042 (resized).jpeg922A40AC-021F-4E1D-902B-CADDF433D042 (resized).jpeg

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

silver for sure... chrome always looks terrible installed imo.

Silver wasn’t an option

#621 2 years ago

I think I found a bug. Wondering if any of you Premium/LE owners can duplicate this.

Finished encounter 1 (all three levels). Then see if the mini playfield just continually tilts back and forth. This happened to me the other day. Then I played again last night and it happed again when I completed the first encounter. It just keeps tilting/rotating back and forth during gameplay, until I get a ball up there, then it acts normal while the ball is in the mini playfield. Once the ball drains out, it just keeps moving.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Still haven't played one myself, and obviously not sure if it's by design or a bug, but they do explain this on the tilt forums rulesheet: http://tiltforums.com/t/the-mandalorian-rulesheet/7056#heading--encounters
"Encounter #2 on Prem/LE: the EPF will continue rotating while you’re not playing an Encounter, and the pitch of the EPF will be locked in when you shoot the lit Left Ramp to begin your next Encounter #2 Level."
I kind of like the idea of being able to time your shot to get the incline you're most comfortable with.

Interesting. Yeah that's annoying and distracting. I would vote for Dwight to ditch that.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I think I'm getting some rattle from the playfield glass. I'm going to try the anti-rattle tape too.

What is this anti rattle tape you speak of?

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Quick question to Prem/LE folks.
The scoop makes a buzzing noise when it's "engaged", it was so loud it could be heard over in the middle of play and I have the machine pretty loud. With the glass off, I rolled the ball through the loop and the buzz could be felt on the top of the mech.
I messed with the Up/Down Scoop hold power setting, trying values above and below. I would seem to quiet down and then come back, so I was thinking it was mechanical somehow. I looked under the playfield to make sure the mech looked like the drawing in the manual and all the sleeves/washers/springs were in the correct place. Hmmm...
Anyway, just set it back to default setting, and last night it quieted down on it's own. It's still there a little bit, but not audible over the game in play. Not heard back from Pablo on my email, just wondering if anyone else had this.

Mine was pretty loud at first too. That has settled down a bit though.

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, just reviewed the Mando LE with 6,5 score out of 10, link to the video:

A 6.5 out of 10? Are you for real?

That would put it at #338 in the Pinside ratings. Really???

#713 2 years ago

Played a coop game with my wife today. She was player two, on ball 3. Hit the foundry and bought an extra ball. Ball kicked out and she drained maybe 5 seconds later. I laughed and said, “at least you have an extra ball!”. Then the game ended….

Bug? Anyone experience this?

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It lights extra ball. Doesn’t collect it.

Ah ha! Thanks man.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

It seems like there is some confusion about the post at the top of orbit.
1 - Its job is to send the ball to the Child area / top lanes
2 - It will do this from either direction. Meaning from the left orbit, right orbit, or from the shooter lane.
3 - If the Child is lit it will energize try to divert the ball. Maybe this is undesirable from the shooter lane but its not a bug! : --- )
4 - If you hold in the left flipper while the ball is leaving the shooter switch and keep it held until the ball exits the shooter lane the top post will stay down (again, unless The Child is lit). If the ball doesnt come all the way around maybe it didnt transition from the shooter lane to the orbit well or found something else to slow it down. It probably was not the top post.
With reguard to the super skill shot -
The Super Skill Shot only starts if you are still holding the left flipper when the ball reaches the left orbit (The 'C' roll over). If you left the flipper go before it will not start.
If you see behavior that is not like this please do make a video and send it to [email protected]
It hope this helps.
- Dwight

Thanks for the clarification. What about right orbit shots that just hit the post and bounce back down the right orbit? Is anyone at Stern looking into this and possibly coming out with a new post/fix?

1 week later
#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Love my game but every single weld on this game looks like shit. Scoop, diverter, etc

100% agree on this. It looks like a high school kid in a metal shop class did all of these welds. They are absolute garbage. If you know what a decent weld should look like, or what a top notch weld should like like…well, this game will make you cringe.

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

Anyone have issues with the right scoop sticking? Noticed mine wasn’t firing in test, the scoop sticks on the inside on a weld. Notified my distro who is reaching out to Stern. You can see in the pics where the welds are, and it dips into the scoop. Other than that, have been having a ton of fun with this pin!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes mine was sticking too. I could also get it to stick manually. It was binding on those shitty welds. It stopped binding after I worked it in a bit. If you’re still having issues, just pull it apart and smooth those welds out with a dremel where it’s binding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
8,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.