Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medeski7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2369 2 years ago

Just got my NIB Mandalorian Pro delivered yesterday. I'm pretty excited as are the kids. I've pre-purchased the metal ramps, animated grogu, mirror blades, shaker motor and a couple of other small mods to add to the game.

This is my first NIB game. I'd love to hear what you think are must have or must do things as I get started using it. I ordered Ninja balls as I've been told the stock Stern balls are no good. I'm not sure if I should apply mylar (I did order a shooter lane protector). I had planned on using the stock rubbers for a bit and not immediately waxing the playfield as well. I'm still a bit of a novice and this is only my second machine. I've only been in the hobby for about a year. Any feedback and advice specific to this machine or otherwise is very appreciated.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

@Xa

Order the cliffy ramp protectors or they will break.

Do you have a link? I looked on his site and it looks like these are prototypes.

ETA, I just emailed Cliffy at the email address on the site. Please let me know if there's a better way.

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No emailing Cliff is the best option, he should reply pretty quick.

After a quick search I see a lot of people are having cracked ramps. Cliff already responded indicating he's got a three week or so wait. Do you think I'm okay to play the machine in the meantime? I'd hate to crack a ramp after just getting it.

#2390 2 years ago

Thanks for the ramp updates all. I didn't want to keep my son from having fun on the new machine. Cliff has already responded confirming my order.

#2465 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Spoke last week with my distributor about my deposit I placed in May.
Was originally told July shipment. Then it was September. Then it was October. Now I'm being told March. Ridiculous. I'm out. Especially when there is no proactive communication from Stern at least apologizing and providing an explanation.

I feel particularly bad for people in your situation. I'm new to the hobby and struggle with the idea of paying for these extremely expensive toys and not seeing them for potentially a year. I got my Pro last week, one week after placing the order. Knowing how long people have been waiting, I just picked up the phone and started calling dealers. I eventually found a distributor with one NIB and purchased that one. Given the backlog of orders, I struggle to understand how that can happen. While I'm thrilled to have my game, I have to think there's a way to ensure people who ordered the earliest get their games the earliest.

#2488 2 years ago

I have a switch test question. When I enter the switch test it looks like certain switches are shown as in the triggered position. The game seems to play fine. Is this normal? In the first photo where one switch is shown as hit all the time I learned that that is the ship hanging flap switch, which seems to work fine.

20211108_210012 (resized).jpg20211108_210012 (resized).jpg20211108_210024 (resized).jpg20211108_210024 (resized).jpg20211108_210315 (resized).jpg20211108_210315 (resized).jpg
#2492 2 years ago

I'm curious if there's any chance of some Book of Boba Fett content being added to the code. That would be really cool and would be a creative way for Disney to market the new show through existing locations.

#2496 2 years ago

Anyone know what this is? It just fell off and was in the inlane. Not sure what it is.

20211109_124534 (resized).jpg20211109_124534 (resized).jpg
#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Guarantee it is the grogu spotlight.

Winner winner.

#2541 2 years ago

Got all my mods in my pro! Mirror blades, shaker motor, wireforms, animated Grogu, shooter lane protector and Gina ramp decal. Looking pretty premium for a pro.

20211111_211911 (resized).jpg20211111_211911 (resized).jpg
#2552 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Looks like you need the Encounter (left) ramp Cliffys as well.

On order and still waiting. I was excited to get the other mods in there.

#2590 2 years ago

Is code .98 buggy? I have .97 on my Pro and have seen some folks on Facebook saying they will wait until .99 to update. I'm trying to figure out whether .97 or .98 provides a better game play experience.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Yesterday we tried the 2 vs 2 team mode. The first player got to play three balls, then it was game over just like an ordinary one player game. It never switched to any other player although the screen showed the four players and team 1 and 2. Guess it was a bug? Anyone have this working?

Thanks for posting this. I just got my game a few weeks ago and I'm feeling it out. We chose Mando because of coop so that we could get our kids more involved in the fun. The 2 v 2 realization just re confirmed this was the right choice.

I am planning on putting a washer under the horseshoe guide. I see a small missing spot of clear there that should be protected.

The only shot giving me problems is the left orbit. I frequently hit the spinner straight on and it will kick the ball back even if the spinner spins. Any advice in dealing with this is appreciated.

#2686 2 years ago

Isn't this a fix to have the ball drop cleanly from Grogu into the left orbit? Mine does that fine out of the box. We're trying to get the shot up the left orbit to stop bricking when it's hit clean.

#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

In short - playfield multipliers. My scores have started going up a lot higher now that I'm focused on having 1 or 2 activate as often as possible.
More detailed tips:
I always look to stack a mission and a multiball together and bring in flame thrower (for 2X shots - since the mission and multiballs share shots, you're doubling points in those shots for both features). I also like to bring in amban rifle to extend multiball to try and maximise my opporunity with the super jackpot. You can always save your flamethrower for the super jackpot also, but I often don't.
I always want to have flame thrower and ambar rifle through for the mission / multiball stack.
My scores have started getting even higher now that I'm bringing in 2x and 3x playfield multipliers (I'd love to bring in all 3, but it's rare that I achieve that) - add that to the 2X shots (flame thrower) with a mission and multiball stacked for even bigger points. So I like to get a mission and a multiball ready - then I look to get scope (for the beskar and playfield multipler). Normally I'll have the playfield multiplier active for the Boba targets too. Then start the mission followed by multiball, followed by flame thrower - and you're away
Also before starting Razor Crest hurry up, I like to have 2X or 3X going on the playfield multiplier too, which can really help boost the value for each of the 3 shots. Especailly on the second hurry up. Just make sure you get those 3 shots in quick!
Another thing too is you don't need to hit the final shot of the mission straight away. You can to get a time bonus. But some missions will still have a lit shot with the timer active, so hitting them can milk more points before hitting the final shot to complete (again add in active playfield multipliers, and grab those points!).
Also don't forget combo shots in missions - this was a nice addition by Dwight in the last update.
There are times too where I don't even bother playing for total points and instead of stacking modes, simply play each mission and multiball on its own - looking to see how I can best score in them. Especially when you use the flame thrower when stacking - you want to make sure you hit shots that are lit for both multiball and mission. So for example, based on the active mission with the multiball, you'll want to hit shots in a certain order to ensure you're getting 2X for both the mission shot and multiball shot. So learning the missions is important.
When going for points, I don't seem to bother with encounteres. The bonus levels can be rewarding wise, but I'm not finding enough points there. I'd still like to explore them more though. Ambush - I never seem to advance towards it (even on those billion point games). I also haven't been using other features of the foundry much. I tend to just buy the flame thrower + rifle combo. I think it would be great if you weren't locked in to only buying 1 item or 2 items side by side - and instead could just select any combination of items up to the value of beskar you have. I'm keen to play around a bit with buying other items and seeing how I can best use them.

I haven't had the game very long and am still feeling it out. After a few weeks I had only put up a top score of around 150,000,000. After reading this I changed my approach and put up a score of about 425,000,000 after only about 5 tries. I beat my prior top score on 3 out of the 5 games. Thanks for posting this. It's input like this that's helping me become a better player.

1 week later
#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Lower the slingshot strenght. That really helps, also I did lower both posts on the outlanes. Indeed some work but ok to do on this machine.

What did you set it to? I lowered mine to 20 last night and noticed an improvement. Still getting a good amount of cheap drains.

#2905 2 years ago

Updated the code and reduced the slings to 10 yesterday. I enjoyed the game more than I have been with those changes. I must admit, I feel a little like I'm cheating with the slings that low. I'm not a very experienced player and was tired of so many stdm drains. I was also considering removing the tilt, but not sure if that would be overboard or make the game too easy. Thoughts?

The new code feels much more polished. Do I need or mess with any post settings after installing?

1 week later
#3047 2 years ago

I've been holding off the newest code and am still enjoying 1.00. Sounds like holding off the new update is the right choice at the moment. I'm not too thrilled to hear about how you move to the next multiball in the new code. I love that the encounters will advance more quickly, but more points should be awarded for that. Just my opinion.

#3068 2 years ago

For those that have upgraded to 1.01, are you liking it more than 1.00? Is it buggy?

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'm still finding the "Light Heal" award from the Child doesn't actually light heal in the latest code.
Also got stung yet again by the Child magnet throwing the ball down the center (Razor Crest shot) and resulted in a STDM drain.. Really hate losing the ball from a mystery feature

I notice that when I select to light heal in the foundry that only the left outlane lights. Is that supposed to be that way? I wouldn't think so.

1 week later
#3184 2 years ago

I installed cliffys on my left ramp and ball trough today. I noticed that the spacers on the ramp are installed below the ramp but the photo on Cliff's website have the spacers above the ramp. Is one method better than the other? Also, I did not install cliffys on the shooter lane because I already have a plastic shooter lane protector in place. Is that sufficient to protect the shooter lane?

Photo from Cliff's website, photo of my install and photo of my plastic lane protector.

20220102_150323 (resized).jpg20220102_150323 (resized).jpg20220102_150530 (resized).jpg20220102_150530 (resized).jpgMick-mando-rt-001 (resized).jpgMick-mando-rt-001 (resized).jpg
#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If I backhand the u-turn shot really clean most of the time the switch doesn't register. Do other people have this issue?

I've noticed this happening sometimes. I wouldn't say most of the time though.

#3200 2 years ago

That last picture from Cliff's website you show, (shown here also) is mine. It is re-assembled as I got it from the factory, regarding spacers, except I used a metal nut on the left side front post instead of the shipped black spacer. It seemed to fit better this way. You can also notice a small black plastic tie to the spacer area of the first screws up from the bottom. I tied the wires up that way as they were drooping down into ball path and making balls hang up there.
[quoted image]

Interesting. Mine came NIB with the spacers below and the plastic over the ramp was flush against the top of the ramp. I think that's what was intended but I'm not sure it makes a difference.

Eta, looks like over is correct. This is a screen grab from the game release video showing it on top. Looks like mine came with those on incorrectly.

Screenshot_20220104-205002_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220104-205002_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3218 2 years ago

I did not install the shooter lane cliffy. The ball trough cliffy I installed by hand without taking about the ball trough off and it fell off after a few plays. Are these cliffys that helpful? I get the ramp one, but I have a plastic shooter lane protector already and I just don't know that the trough one is worth the trouble.

#3224 2 years ago

Do you mean the drain hole Cliffy?

Yes. Do I have to take apart the parts there to install it?

2 weeks later
#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I got the left one on as that was easy, but the right one would involve removing the razor crest which I didnt want to do. And it seems the left side is the issue.

I was able to get it on without removing the Razorcrest. I put a little pressure on it to get the angle, but everything went on just fine without issue.

#3486 2 years ago

My machine is having issues post update to 1.02. I have a Pro.

When I hit the scoop it only sometimes advances early missions to mission start. Also, regardless of how I get the scoop to mission start position, I often have to hit the scoop a few times to get a mission to start. The scoop recognizes the ball is there and kicks it right out, but most times there's no blinking white light, it just kicks it out.

Also, after a multi ball and sometimes after a mission the Razorcrest ramp does not light either for a hurry up or the next multiball. It does light again after I drain.

The scoop shot not advancing missions or starting a mission is clearly a problem. The Razorcrest I have to imagine is also not intended to operate like that after the code update, but not certain. I did a full update with verification. Please let me know if anyone has any input on these issues.

#3502 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

New code makes you have to play a hunter mode or drain for the razorcrest hurry up or multiball to be lit again. Your scoop will only let you qualify missions on first two and you have to hit it twice before it's lit, don't know if that's the issue you're seeing or not.

This answers the Razorquest question.

I'm 90% sure this is the issue with the scoop. I saw a Deadpool thread noting this same issue. I found a loose ground wire on the scoop switch that I'll reconnect. I might have to bend the metal part so the switch stays actuated too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sb186.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjg9bDxosn1AhWWkYkEHclDCU8QFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2vRuNliciNZSP2G1_CSEhk

2 weeks later
#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from Lacarno:

Hello. Anyone experiencing issues with the scoop registering (I have the pro model)? I was playing an extended session the other day (a couple/few hours) when suddenly the scoop stopped registering that the ball was in place. Meaning, the game code wouldn't respond to the ball in the scoop AND the ball wouldn't eject from the scoop. I ended up having to bend the switch in the scoop upwards a bit with my finger in order for the game to register and eject the ball. But, now I'm noticing that while the ball eject seems to work consistently, the game code doesn't seem to register that the ball is in the scoop about 25% of the time. Is there a different switch for game code vs firing the coil to eject the ball?
Thanks in advance!

This is a known problem on a number of Sterns with a scoop. I posted that this happened to mine some pages back. The fix is the scoop switch needs to be replaced. Bending the hook on the switch may help for a bit, but eventually changing the switch entirely is the solution. I just fixed my switch last week and it now plays 100% again. Here is the switch you need to replace: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5209-00

Here's the Stern Bulletin and text from my last post identifying this problem:

I'm 90% sure this is the issue with the scoop. I saw a Deadpool thread noting this same issue. I found a loose ground wire on the scoop switch that I'll reconnect. I might have to bend the metal part so the switch stays actuated too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sb186.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjg9bDxosn1AhWWkYkEHclDCU8QFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2vRuNliciNZSP2G1_CSEhk

1 month later
#4477 2 years ago

I came across something new (to me) yesterday! I got to play Dank Farrik multiball. It's the first and only time I've had that happen. Such a fun and weird multiball Easter egg. I think I activated it by picking the ? in the foundry and then stopping the selector on the ? with the action button. Totally unintentional and fun. Anyone else get to play this?

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Any idea if this was a different multiball than the "Dank Farrik" multiball that starts the same way?

That's it. I edited my post. So cool!

2 months later
#5082 1 year ago

Finally broke the billion mark for the first time on any machine. I'm still fairly new to the hobby. I have the machine set to award an extra ball for a high score instead of a free game. Not sure if that's considered cheating. Regardless, felt pretty good to finally do it.

20220531_210322 (resized).jpg20220531_210322 (resized).jpg

#5089 1 year ago

Does anyone else seem to randomly get an extra flamethrower or whistling birds? On rare occasions I'll seem to get a second flamethrower or a whistling birds even though I haven't acquired it with beskar.

#5114 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I might be biased since we sell them, but here’s a few quick thoughts. We offer an on/off switch that makes it very easy to turn him off in attract mode if that bothers you. Personally, I like him moving. He doesn’t move like crazy, we have slowed him down with a voltage regulator and he triggers off the child insert instead of one the letters in the lanes. Lastly, we have sold many of these and there has not been a single reported failure. Hope that helps.

I can vouch for the Lermods version. I purchased the full plug and play version for my pro and it's worked perfectly since install. I have added an on/off switch myself that I placed where the tournament button would go under the start button. I do like the ability to turn Grogu off while I'm not playing. I'm not sure running him constantly would hurt much, but it gives me piece of mind that I'm not working the motor any more than necessary.

1 week later
#5208 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I created a tutorial and rule set video for Mando. Hopefully it will be useful for some of our newer members

Nice video. My approach to the game is very similar to yours. I do hit the left ramp from the left flipper to progress through encounters as often as possible. I also really didn't like that you had to start a hunter mode or drain to enable progression on the multiballs and hurry ups, so I changed that setting to bypass that requirement. Just too many cheap drains starting hunter modes. I like the game so much more with that setting changed.

#5218 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

I’ve missed what you’re describing about having to do these things “to enable progression…”. Would you mind please explaining more what you mean? And how you changed the setting to bypass it (what setting is it)?
Thanks in advance!

The rules have this as the default setting for mutiballs:

"After playing a multiball, the Razor Crest can be relit to start Razor Crest Hurry-Up by completing a Hunter mode. The Razor Crest also relights when the ball drains, if it isn’t currently lit. Playing all three multiballs in a single game qualifies Precious Cargo as the final Razor Crest award. Every Super Jackpot scored during multiball adds 2.5 million to end-of-ball bonus."

In the game settings you can change this so that the Razor Crest relights automatically to allow you to progress towards the next hurry-up and multiball without the need of completing a hunter mode or draining. In my opinion, changing this setting makes the game much more enjoyable.

2 weeks later
#5370 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I've seen this same issue with other missions, but can't replicate it. It is a bug for sure though.

I've also had missions repeat back to back before.

2 months later
#5928 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anyone actually completely beat mando yet?
and how the hell do you do it, my ball bounces around like nuts, then drains most of the time STDM .. very damn annoying.

I beat it. I made the extra balls liberal and bypassed hunter modes between multiballs. I focused heavily on encounters and got my nudging to a point where I could often knock out three stages per visit to the encounter playfield. I also had the left flipper to left ramp shot super dialed in to the point where I was hitting that shot 75% of the time. The game taught me a lot about pinball and associated strategy. Mando to me is more about patience and accuracy than flow.

I left the club a week ago. I can only afford a couple of games and getting something new means selling something. My kids were sad to see Mando go, but it was time. We saw everything there was to see.

The topper was the only thing holding us back from selling. We were really excited about the puck idea. It's rumored to be a puck that incorporates a 3D projector the projects images upward from the top of the machine. This includes numerous images and statistics. It could possibly bring in a new mode too. That's super exciting and I can see how approval from Disney would take awhile. Some if this is existing rumor and some is my own speculation on top of the rumor. I hope this is what it is, as that would be pretty ground breaking.

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hard pass for statistics projected on my ceiling. IG-11 with movement and voice or nothing for me.

I don't think it's going to project on the ceiling. The idea is it would be a fan 3D projector that would make the animations appear like 3D holograms on top of the machine.

#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Find this a fascinating concept that we can somehow beat a $10k pinball machine, like a $69 video game and then just move on? Thought it was about the sport and improving skill and high scores, not just beating the last “boss”? )I do get affording a few games and moving them on to allow new challenges, although.)

I wouldn't say it like that. I'm much newer to the hobby here than most. I've only ever owned two machines and that's what's in my budget. I played Mando every way I could think of to play it. I tried to focus on it from a "blow up" the score approach. I focused on it from a game progression standpoint. I focused on it from a mode/multiball stacking standpoint. I also focused on it from a pure get better at playing pinball standpoint. I learned a lot and enjoyed the game thoroughly. It provided a lot of entertainment for me and my family.

We never once looked at it from a beat the game and move on mentality. The reality is that over time and with more visits to the arcade more games get released and we got introduced to more games. Eventually, we thought it'd be nice to change it up, so that's what we did. We don't have a spare $10k laying around, so selling a game to get another is the only way we can afford to make that happen. I have a hard time believing people here can't relate to this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,900 (Firm)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medeski7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=medeski7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.