Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joncbrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3275 2 years ago

My Mando Pro will be here tomorrow, excited to get some time on it.
I have played a few games on location but struggled to get into a rhythm.

Ordered Logans wireforms too.

#3296 2 years ago

My pro came today. Dec 4th build has Insider connected on it.

Subwoofer sound is garbled with terrible distortion.
I can press on the woofer cone and noise goes away.

I'm 99% sure it just needs a new sub but let me know if I'm missing something. I've had 10 or so spike 2 games none had this noise.
I have sub unplugged for now.

1 week later
#3386 2 years ago

Playing my pro last night, noted a possible bug.

If I get tilt, and go to restart game (left flipper and start button) the tilt animation will finish and stay on screen until I reboot.

#3402 2 years ago

155 balls in just noticed left ramp is cracked already. Not sure if it was from factory or just happened. I was reading some notes on issues hitting left ramp and decided to check out mine and there was my issue. Sent an email to Stern hopefully they can send me out a new ramp.

20220120_160220 (resized).jpg20220120_160220 (resized).jpg
#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No cliffys on there mate it’s likely taken damage from playing the factory protectors don’t actually cover the part/area of the ramp that takes the direct hit from both flippers.

Yes just the factory guides. I have cliffys on order.

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Anyone else getting a website security issue trying to download the new pro code from stern today?
"f002.backblazeb2.com sent an invalid response"

I didn't have any issues. I can email you the code if that helps.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have the link to order the cliffy ramp kit?

Just email Cliff, that's what I do
Tell him what parts you want and he will send you a PayPal invoice.

[email protected]

#3496 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone else with a Pro seeing issues like this?

I have probably 50 plays on mine since update, I have not seen anything like that.

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrocow:

So I got my mando premium 3 days ago I’ve played 16 games so far and already broke the ramp to the upper pf, it was the reinforced ramp has the metal in each side . Any one else have this issue still and have a temp fix tell I get a new ramp. Working with stern now. [quoted image][quoted image]

My pro cracked in the same spot, I sent a email to stern, was told they would send out a replacement.
I am also waiting on my cliffys, so I wont install new ramp until I have those.

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My pro cracked in the same spot, I sent a email to stern, was told they would send out a replacement.
I am also waiting on my cliffys, so I wont install new ramp until I have those.

UPS just delivered my ramp, Stern also sent me a new set of precut mylar for ramp entrances.

#3651 2 years ago

I had a white diamond shape on the back wall of playfield. Since new I thought it was the art, while cleaning today I looked closer and it's a piece of art. Adhesive is on the art side, assuming it went under a clear plastic. -02 on the decal. Amy ideas on where it is supposed to be? I looked over a bunch of playfield images but I don't see it. Pro model.

20220201_192515 (resized).jpg20220201_192515 (resized).jpg20220201_192538 (resized).jpg20220201_192538 (resized).jpg
#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Goes on the underside of the right ramp just above the metal flap.

Thank you

#3674 2 years ago

Can someone with a pro verify this ball guide orientation. This is how it was installed at the factory. I feel it should be rotated 180 degrees. I was having alot if balls trapped on that ledge, also horseshoe shot not registering consistently.

Noticed some wear at horseshoe ball guide ass well so I added nylon washers and mylar under guide.

20220203_124359 (resized).jpg20220203_124359 (resized).jpg

#3676 2 years ago

Duplicate

#3748 2 years ago

Still having issues with horseshoe shot under right ramp on pro. Shot will register 50% of the time. I have checked the switch solder joints, switch test and such. I feel that the switch slot is poorly placed.
I'd say most of the time ot doesn't register is a fast backhand shot from right flipper.
Any fixes out there?
Felt or magnetic tape on horseshoe ball guide?

#3753 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Unscrew the switch from under the playfield and then bend the switch by holding the switch down at the base and then pulling up on the end of it.

I will give that a shot.

5 games in zero issues. I had to adjust it a few times but all set now. Going to order one or 2 for spares since I'm sure it didn't like being bent a few times.

#3765 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Ordering spares sounds like a good idea. Is it a left or right Stern rollover switch?

I believe it is a left. PN is 500-9935-03

#3781 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Broken weld. It’s been good since day 1, finally broke. Is stern replacing these?
[quoted image]

Its worth sending an email to stern. That would be a quick fix if you have a friend with a TIG setup.

#3791 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

There's a rumor on Facebook that something is coming for Mando tomorrow. Indicates it is not the topper, but something bigger. I have no idea what the hell it might be.

My guess is Insider connect code.

#3793 2 years ago

Yeah Im on the fence about it myself.

#3813 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Anyone else having an issue with the left ramp diverter digging into the plastic?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just checked mine not a scratch. I wonder if your diverter has bent open more from fast shots?

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

There's a rumor on Facebook that something is coming for Mando tomorrow. Indicates it is not the topper, but something bigger. I have no idea what the hell it might be.

New Obi-Wan Kenobi tv series was announced could that be the rumor?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi-Wan_Kenobi_(TV_series)#:~:text=Obi%2DWan%20Kenobi%20is%20an,and%20directed%20by%20Deborah%20Chow.

#3822 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What would this have to do with Mando though?

I have no idea, I dont really follow anything from the Series, I just own the game.

#3836 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Ughhh..second Titan flipper “rubber” I’ve replaced. Just put them on last month. Maybe I got a bad batch?
[quoted image]

Has to be a bad batch, Ive put 500 plus on mine.
Wonder if the color has something to do with it?
Ive only used clear, black and Glow in the dark Titans.

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Does your IC scanner white box light stay on though?? My light briefly comes on with opening closing of coin door otherwise is off. I know IC is not activated with code, but not sure if IC should remain lit as on mine it is not. Just want to make sure so if i need to contact stern or not.
Thanks!

My mando pro came with IC from factory, lights up at first when turning on machine then off the rest of the time.

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Thanks, likely is code issue then. That is what mine does.

Yes just checked mine does exactly the same when closing coin door

#3957 2 years ago

How is everyone starting a game?
I have been going for the super skill shot into multiball right away. Looking for new ideas on how to get some better progression through game.

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from Dynasty5211:

how do you like them? Do they install easily? Do you have a photo?

Takes as long pull the glass as it does to install these. Definitely a good upgrade.

And plenty of pictures and reviews in that thread.

#3998 2 years ago

I had a decal missing in mine, didn't even realize it.

I'll take missing decals or mis aligned ramps over Playfield issues any day.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I went ahead and cut off the tab on the lower plastic, so it is flush with the rail. The game now plays better and looks better. The left orbit flows better in both directions. I haven't seen an overhang like this on other games and actually think it was a design flaw.

Im having rejects on a left orbit shots, can you point me to where you trimmed?

1 week later
#4229 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

Question for y'all. I for some reason believe the stage flip of the left flipper should fire on the upper playfield first. I believe this is how it works on all the machines I've played on location. My relatively new machine is staging both bottom flippers first. Is this correct?

Lower (main) flipper first then upper flipper with button all the way pressed.
My Munsters Premium had leafs adjusted wrong from factory causing that same issue.

#4238 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Ordered some warranty parts (ramp and upper PF cover as it was damaged) a few weeks back and hadn't heard a peep from Stern. I assume they just send them out when they get them? Could be a while if the ramps are a super-issue, eh?

Yes I had cabinet speaker fail day one and left ramp crack week 2. Ramp came fast within 2 weeks speaker was a month.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone know where to find the post stud that secures the Mando left side star post, the star post that is nutted on top of the left side plastic? It seems to be 6/32" into the playfield and 8/32" on top, 2" long.

This one is 2.4" long if you can make that work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5008-00.html

#4331 2 years ago

Bug in new code for Pro?

I'm an idiot it entered my initials for me.

#4417 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSVT:

Long time lurker, First Post
Really appreciating all of the awesome info on here!
Received my Mando Prem 5 days ago, updated to 1.20 right away w/no issues, and played quite a bit this past weekend. Just loving learning the game until a dead right flipper pops in the middle of a monster multi-ball
There were no signs of anything wrong until that moment. Both flips work on upper playfield so thinking the right button opto is OK. Nothing hung up, nothing weak, just completely dead on the lower right flip.
I poked around best I could without raising the playfield to no avail, but I guess I'm learning about this machine earlier than expected!
Any tips or known failure points? I've been reading this chain since the early days and haven't seen any flipper failures and searching so far shows nothing
Thanks!

Id lift playfield and check solder joints at flipper coil. Doesn't sound like a flipper button leaf switch issue, but worth making sure those are adjusted correctly.

#4422 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSVT:

Yep, that was it. cold solder joint on the coil wire to the soldering tab. I guess you could say it was a defective coil, but fix was simple.
Thanks for the help!

Glad it was simple.

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Just a random shout out to Pablo and Thalia at the Stern service department.
I joined the "cracked Encounters ramp" club about a week ago and emailed the service department and a replacement ramp and decals were shipped up to me a week later.
For as much as we are tough on manufacturers, that's pretty darn fantastic warranty service.
Cliffy's on order for the ramp before I do a replacement. (Hopefully not too painful)
Resume discussions on when we shall see a topper announced!

I put the cliffys on my cracked ramp, replacement is stored until original is trashed. Been working great.

1 week later
#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Thanks for the reminder! I sent an email to Cliffy just now. I created a to-do/shopping list based on posts on this thread and one of the other items I have listed for must haves before first playing is mylar to protect the shooter lane along with turning down the eject power. Is something like this all I need for that?
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

That mylar will do the job. I also pickup Cliffy's shooter lane set for each game.

#4515 2 years ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Thanks! Would that be the other pieces included in this set?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/mandalorian-base-v2-001.jpg

Yes. I don't use the outhole drain (purchased in the past and it works just felt mylaar was enough), I just wrap in mylar, and I have a Pro so I can't speak to the mini playfield edge.

#4580 2 years ago

Im having ball rejects on left orbit through spinner about 50% of the time, I haven't set up the gopro to catch it yet but looks like its hitting near the post to lower left of left pop bumper. I have shimmed up the red beacon behind spinner and tilted spinner up a bit. Any thoughts?

#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone try replacing the rubber ring with a post sleeve?

Thats my next step, I swapped the rubber ring to a smaller one but that didnt help.

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it the post that is pretty much touching the bottom of the left pop bumper? If so remove it, had mine out since day one and no issues at all!

Even better, Ill just pull that post tonight.

#4595 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Honestly I have no idea why that post is there, I took mine out day 1 because i thought it looked ugly and pointless haha.
Had no issues with it, my left orbit is smooth as butter feeding my flippers and also shots up the left orbit.
Just to double check I am referring to the post below…
[quoted image]

I pulled that post last night, It cut down on rejects enough. I think what's left for rejects are just bad shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joncbrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=joncbrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.