IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Yep. 12/30/21 and still the short protector. Ordered the Cliffy version right away.

Do you just email cliffy for these?

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes. Send him your paypal address and he will send an invoice.

Got it! Thanks.

#3652 2 years ago

Just picked up an ultra low play LE. Let's do this.

#3657 2 years ago

Early impressions....

This plays tough. The slings give you a big fu and send balls down the outlanes. Power down to 20 but still tough.
Will probably move the posts to lowest position.

Super skill shot is awesome IMO. Ambush is also very cool.

Cut scenes play a little too long (I know you can skip).

The Child mystery scene is too long. I could make a snack.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I would expect that given the designer's history. Stranger Things plays much the same way. Work on your nudging! It goes a long way in wrestling control of the ball once you get a feel for it.

I'm decent at it, but the kids/wife aren't! Trying to find the proper playability.

#3688 2 years ago

OMG I’m addicted to this game. I can’t stop playing.

#3692 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Still not sure why people are lowering sling power. Your gaining in one area but taking away from another... the slings gets you free hunter and boba fett hits which is extremely important for building up and maintaining pfx (key to blowing the game up). The benefit of lowering slings power is arguable at best anyway as they can still send the ball out. Going for the ambush and boba fett shots equals danger so just not seeing the logic here.

Hard to hit anything when the ball drains

#3761 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

You need to get Cliffys on your left ramp before you break it

I ordered mine last week. Cliff's 4 weeks out on orders right now.

#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The details on this Mando speeder were too nice...I had to find an open place and design a mount. It's attached with double side tape, so fully removeable without a trace.
[quoted image]

Is this an ornament?

#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Haven't had a ton of time to play my premium since the first weekend after I got it, but I was able to spend about 30 minutes over lunch playing it today. I had forced myself to read through and understand the rule sheet a little more (particularly hunter and ambush) and now that I "get it" I'm having even more fun playing this thing. Compared to my Batman 66 this it's just brutal. Definitely has that "okay, fine, just one more game" quality for me right now.
One thing that has surprised me is how rarely I'm finding myself at the foundry and able to buy stuff. From the streams I watched, I was expecting beskar accumulation would be easier/quicker. Makes it feel more "hard earned," which is cool.
Very glad I invested in this machine... loving it!

Heal is a must buy at the Foundry. It's guaranteed that I'll switch heal to the wrong Outlane as the ball is draining.

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My guess is Insider connect code.

sleeping-clapping.gifsleeping-clapping.gif
#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Interesting idea. Light some boba fett multipliers and hit some other shots and play a boba fett mini mode themed on the boba fett series?

I had all 3 multipliers (not Boba) light (blinking) in a game today and they were SUPER bright. Thought I was going nuts but they were extra bright for some reason.

IMG_3188 (resized).JPGIMG_3188 (resized).JPG
#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

If it is a Mando home pin, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

If it's a home pin it should be Jango Fett

boba-fett-teen-634062-normal (resized).jpgboba-fett-teen-634062-normal (resized).jpg

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m probably still in the honeymoon phase but this game is damn fun. I find it plays hard but not frustrating, at least not yet. Usually I can tell a split second before I drain and have a chance to react, I just don’t always do so in the best way. I had a TMNT for a bit where it would drain before my brain could even process the ball was headed to a bad spot. Shots don’t feel too tight. I still don’t fully understand item usage but I haven’t really researched it either. Overall very impressed so far.

Sometimes it frustrates me (I left the outlanes alone) but it's fun as hell. I want to play over and over. Last new Stern that did that to me was TMNT, but like you said, it's crazy fast.

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I wonder how this would look as a topper?
[quoted image]

Making a home-brew topper is such a pain, but I was wondering how that Hasbro Pulse Razorcrest would do.

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Joining the club tomorrow with a premium, kind of just bought it on a whim. Hope I like it

The outlanes are tough at first but nudge and give it a chance. It's a really good pin. Lots of fun and a challenge.

#3894 2 years ago

I had a play field protector on a GOTG and hated it. It played different. Awful.

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from math08:

I have had the game for 10 days or so. I am a bit worried in that my playfield is looking very dimpled, like it was hit by a hailstorm. Anyone else experience this? I dont have this on my 25 year old AFM or MM. I will post pics tomorrow.

Don't worry. It's gotten better. Look at a routed Ghostbusters from 5 years ago. Ooof. They're dimpled messes. There's not enough airballs in Mando, plus playfields are better over the past 5 years (why, I'm not sure).

#4082 2 years ago

Either the diverter is having an issue, or the child REALLY works.

IMG_3339 (resized).jpegIMG_3339 (resized).jpeg
#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I feel my plunge is a bit weak after installing the Hooked on pinball shooter rod. Which spring color is the next stronger one? Got the Pro.

It is. I have the same. Pay for a full kit, literally get the shaft. Disappointing because it looks fantastic.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Ditto to this, you can still make the skill shot if you use the action button but that really defeats the purpose of having such a badass looking shooter rod. For what it's worth, I played on someone else's machine last night that they've had since December and that factory shooter rod was weak as well. Would be nice to find a simple fix for this.

I'm sure making a "spring spacer" to make it tighter would work, but it's probably not worth it b/c springs are so cheap.

I really want to order the light up side rails but feel like I already spent too much on a mod here that doesn't work properly.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with horseshoe shot registering consistently? I’m assuming it’s just the rollover switch?

Occasionally but not much. Must be traveling too fast to fully compress it. Doesn't happen often at all. Not worth trying to bend the switch wire (for me) but you can carefully try.

I finally "Blew up the game" (for me last night) at about 450,000. This game reminds me of TWD in that I'll have 5 crap games than a great one. Keeps you on your toes. This is no Spider-Man. There's a lot to do here.

#4145 2 years ago

Welp my right upper flipper stopped working. Doesn't work in test so must not be getting power. Hoping for a broken wire/solder joint.

Has anyone removed the upper playfield to take a look at the coil wiring?

Anyone ever have this issue?

Not something I feel like digging into at 7pm on a Friday night.

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

My Premium has it

I had the same thing happen had to take the upper playfield off and solder the wire back on. Easy fix.

Cool. How did you remove the mini playfield? From below?

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Welp my right upper flipper stopped working. Doesn't work in test so must not be getting power. Hoping for a broken wire/solder joint.
Has anyone removed the upper playfield to take a look at the coil wiring?
Anyone ever have this issue?
Not something I feel like digging into at 7pm on a Friday night.

All fixed. Upper play field is easy to get off. Wire broke off a coil. Replaced the crappy Stern coil stops while I was there. All good now.

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

How do you get off right side of upper playfield easily as I want to replace coil stops on upper playfield, but that side is under ramp and looks like I have to remove ramp and a lot of plastics just to unhinge upper playfield on that side.
Is there simpler way I am missing?

There is. Pull the playfield all the way forward, then put something under it to raise the back up.
Screw is fully accessible. Similar to this from the instructions from DPannell's Child Mod.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 7.38.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-21 at 7.38.13 AM (resized).png
#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

How do you get off right side of upper playfield easily as I want to replace coil stops on upper playfield, but that side is under ramp and looks like I have to remove ramp and a lot of plastics just to unhinge upper playfield on that side.
Is there simpler way I am missing?

Adding this from Stern for anyone needing to remove their Mandalorian Mini Playfield

CBA7C420-DA87-4A4A-991A-A578F95324E2 (resized).jpegCBA7C420-DA87-4A4A-991A-A578F95324E2 (resized).jpeg6E6545B0-7E8F-4092-B15A-608B10FA9194 (resized).jpeg6E6545B0-7E8F-4092-B15A-608B10FA9194 (resized).jpeg8DC1A91F-C0CB-4B5E-B079-225BB482F637 (resized).jpeg8DC1A91F-C0CB-4B5E-B079-225BB482F637 (resized).jpeg
#4239 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Pinball life has L and R ramp exits listed as in stock for us pro owners. I've been waiting on that L ramp for awhile, the R ramp I got a month ago and it has been great.

I can't help but buy some spare parts. I picked up the upgraded diverter from Marco, just in case. I know if the original fails it'd be replaced under warranty, but with part supply issues and possible downtime I figure it's worth the $49.

Link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2392-00

#4247 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Can you link to the upgraded diverged? I am not seeing it on PBL.

My bad. It's Marco. I've buy too much stuff. I updated the original post as well.

Link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2392-00

#4262 2 years ago

This game is so fun. I can get to 250-300,000,000+ each game, but I'm still learning the nuances to try to blow it up. Finishing modes by elevating the values (not cashing out at first) seems pretty big. Finishing multi ball after the super skill shot is big (as it should be). I'm really digging it. Upper playfield is tough.

#4386 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Thanks, might give that a try. Going to test some sorbothane at the top of the scoop. Balls only fall off the wire form when they fly out of the scoop, which makes me think a small ridge of thin sorbo at the exit’s top could slow those rockets without impacting balls that exit at a slower speed.
I’m loving a lot of Mando’s design, but between smooth scoop shots falling off the wire form, balls bouncing off the diverter back down the left ramp, fast balls missing the horseshoe switch, and centered shots bouncing off the right ramp entrance like a trampoline into the air guard plastics, the game seems engineered to punish perfectly clean shots.
While most of these can be fixed with some home modifications, these are a lot of design problems to have when a machine is working as intended.

That's strange. I don't have any of those issues on mine. My Rush is requiring a lot more tweaking than Mando.

3 weeks later
#4615 2 years ago
Quoted from Tippyroad:

Just installed my foundry from Diddy's mods. Also changed from the stock rubber to Titans. Thanks Diddy this mod is amazing!
[quoted image]

Same here. It was a tight fit with the post but I made it happen. Looks fantastic.

#4657 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Is the horseshoe scoop (premium) a rattle fest when trying to backhand from right flipper, or is there some adjustments I need to make?

Mine is good. Tricky shot.

4 weeks later
#4879 1 year ago
Quoted from WillieMaysHayes:

If and when the dark saber version of this mod is released that’s a must have for me.

Dark Sabre would be the one to get but at $300-500?. I'm not going to do that. Plus it's short. Looks like a Light Stabber.

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would love to know what is holding up the topper so much.

I wouldn't. But I WOULD love to have the damn topper already.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4924 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Anyone know how to move the upper playfield? Currently in a predicament. Everyone make sure to tighten the board screws next to the motor. One fell out and the other is barely holding on.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's simple. No ramps need to come off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-premium-le-upper-playfield-flipper-issue#post-6791652

#4964 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The use of the term "mini-wizard mode" here is funny. I believe Dwight uses the term for a mode that basically locks you out of all other things which actual mini-wizard modes tend to do but that isn't what makes them mini-wizard modes. If anything, Ambush is the complete opposite of a mini-wizard mode because you literally need to do NOTHING to qualify it because it is available only when nothing else is happening.

Good point. Basically a "side mode".

1 week later
#5028 1 year ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Ball just started getting stuck entering the upper playfield. Are other players finding this as well?
[quoted image]

I had it. Hard to remember but I believe in the menu I used settings to adjust the top travel height of the mini playfield.

2 weeks later
#5129 1 year ago

FWIW, the dpannell Grogu mod has been rock solid. 3 sensors only trigger with coils, so it does not animate during attract mode at all.

#5154 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Wait, are you saying the Grogu mod actually damages the game? Have there been any posts confirming what you're saying?

Impossible. This would pretty much only happen if you placed a live Grogu in the game.

2 weeks later
#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

OriginalFresh I really appreciate the post and pictures, thanks!
Question for you and anyone else: Given both flippers stopped working...and looking at the underside of the playfield in that pic, should I be focusing on the black and yellow wire that's going to the coils, or the black and purple wire that's connected to the board?
I'm trying to track everything down before resorting to taking the playfield apart, thanks.

I had one stop working and had to remove it and resolder a coil wire. It was easy. Instructions if you need them.

547dd069bad2f16947c7cf1adc9fb2a68ac83343 (resized).jpg547dd069bad2f16947c7cf1adc9fb2a68ac83343 (resized).jpg0ea8fe0d2f332d4809e0708f9efe6c9b128856d5 (resized).jpg0ea8fe0d2f332d4809e0708f9efe6c9b128856d5 (resized).jpg3fdbcc9e13d247c0d920e9702171acfdd3c64ccc (resized).jpg3fdbcc9e13d247c0d920e9702171acfdd3c64ccc (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Lots of reports of resets after 1.30 I am still on whatever was before IC update. Think I will wait for the next one.

I'm still on pre-Insider Connected code. Still waiting for reports that the new stuff has been flushed out.

#5696 1 year ago
Quoted from BWelch:

FWIW I’m on home team code and have played 100’s of games with zero issues / resets. Home team is a great feature!

I don't even know what that is.

2 months later
#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If so, 2 g’s is like what, 25% cost of the whole machine? Wowza.

Well, looks like I'll need to sell Mando in order to buy the topper.

EoNxTMhVoAINuE9 (resized).jpgEoNxTMhVoAINuE9 (resized).jpg

#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My wife’s response to the video was “so it’s another display that displays the same stuff as the other display but it looks different.”

old-school-no-response.gifold-school-no-response.gif
#6089 1 year ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

Man.... never thought I'd see the day when pinball got DLC/expansion packs...

Also the mode names...

Mandalorian Madness? Beskar Bonanza? Talk about things named in a board room.
dogma-thumbs-up.gifdogma-thumbs-up.gif

2 weeks later
#6204 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

Yesterday my son and I again tried to beat Mando, or at least to reach “This is the way”, in cooperation play of course…. We were surprised to figure out that:
1. You can actually reach more than a billion points… Who would have presumed…?
2. Having completed the wizard modes “I like those odds” or “precious cargo” does only count for the very player, who has completed the modes. It doesn’t count for the other players involved in the co-op game. So seemingly the players cannot support each other in reaching “This is the way” by each completing just one of the wizard modes.
Is this intended? Maybe yes…???
3. After having completed “I like those odds” and “precious cargo” as well as three encounters, we couldn’t start the encounter wizard mode “you have what I want”. All we got after hitting the left ramp was starting several bonus levels in the helmet again and again, but no wizard mode.
Is this intended? Probably not…?
Thanks![quoted image]

cc @xaqery. Any thoughts?

#6288 1 year ago

As much as I would like a topper, I still can't get over the fact that the two modes are called "Mandalorian Madness" and "Beskar Bonanza" and each of those modes are worth $1000 a piece.

#6301 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone remember a version of the code without bugs? In version 1.02 all I notice is the child award screen sticks around too long. Bugs break my heart and hurt my soul so I am always hesitant to update.

That, IMO, is the best code version. Just hit double flippers to bypass it.

I swear w/the current code, I had multi ball ready, started a mode, then started multi ball on the first shot, but it didn't "start" so to speak. The game just let me keep playing, then Pirates MB just started w/o stopping the ball at all on the top left. Very weird.

#6307 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Freeze on my mates LE today first freeze he has ever had on his Mando straight on the new code.

Quoted from Palmer:

I had the same issue on the one game I played with new code yesterday

Yeah, I'm gonna roll back to 1.02 (Pre insider connected) until Xaqery says it's updated. While I'd like to play the revamped Ambush, it looks like some typical functionality was hammered in this latest code release.

#6309 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah just went to play a game during lunch and I got pirates MB again and I am pretty sure it wasn't qualified yet. Or maybe it was and it wasn't displaying as such.

This is the crap that going to ultimately keep me (and I'd guess others) away from toppers tied to code. Code always has bugs, so I never early adopt. If there is a reset bug in a release, you can't use it. This one has the topper code in it too. So going back to stable code, you kill all the enhancements. No point in getting a topper w/DLC, especially at that price. Frustrating.

#6318 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

What code version are you on? I've tried a fast double tap on mine to get Dank Farrik, and it doesn't work on my pro on V1.4.

Speaking of Dank Ferrik, when points are awarded in the mode it’s misspelled “Dank Ferrick” (in the code I’m on).

#6383 1 year ago

I'm fully addicted to Mando LE. It can be brutal. I can have 5 straight games where I drain the first ball with under 500K points, then blow it up for over 500,000,000 on the 6th. Lots of fun. Assets make a difference! Fully immersive Star Wars experience.

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Today again a reset in a coop game short before we made it for the first time to this is the way. Man that sucks

Latest code? I rolled back. Really sucks, especially for topper owners.

#6512 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

Ok, Xaqery and MXV - here is everything I want for Christmas and the results of all my ranting has been distilled down to constructive feedback towards what can be one of the greatest games made by Stern. This is through the eyes of an average skilled LE home owner who likes competitive pinball and just got the topper installed.
- The mini playfield flippers needs to be disengaged when there’s no ball on the mini playfield. There’s an opto when a ball enters and there’s a switch at the exit. That’s the on and off switch respectively.
- Halfsie shots that dribble into the mini playfield should either just fall through or actually score/interact when you flip the ball.
- There should be more skill shots at the the end of the super skill shot sequence. Left orbit could award either a child or hunter.
- Competition/tournament mode needs to be improved and incorporate the child by sequencing the awards in the same order for all players. C-H-I-L-D should be marked with a question mark on the display.
- During Hunter, the hunter standups should award something. A small amount of Beskar and hitting all three should spot an orbit shot. Hitting them in order left to right should complete Hunter.
- The game is dried up on beskar. I had a 500M game and the foundry lit up on ball 3 the first time. The foundry is such an awesome element of this game and I just think we’re being robbed here. Everything should dribble beskar, spinner, pops, slingshots and combos. Add a 2nd super spinner mode where it rains beskar when you shoot it.
- There's an issue with the foundry where the timer starts on the intro screen, if you don't hit both flippers and cancel the intro screen, an award will be chosen behind the intro screen for you.
- Attract mode sounds sometimes doesn’t trigger when you touch the flipper buttons. I can’t reproduce this consistently.
- The ambient light in the topper should be configurable or at least match the ambience of the translite. Blue is probably the worst color. I thought it would match my LE pretty nicely but it doesn’t. Give customers a palette to choose from at the very least - hex code for RGB ideally.
- The main scoring strategy on this game is to start mission/razorcrest multiball and hope for the best. In the event you get Pirates MB, your mission shots are now invisible covered by the MB inserts. Unless you know your mission shot sequence you have no idea what to shoot for. Inserts should cycle the “stack” of lit objectives. For example, yellow, pink, orange for an insert with mission, pirates mb, hunter lit. If the flame thrower is lit on that shot, flash more intense or some other effect to make it more clear.
- Another insert issue is that if you start a mission, the razor crest status is blocked if a mode shot is lit on the center ramp. An example would be that the razor crest is flashing ready, you can’t see this while in a mission.
- Imagine you have 2 shots to start the next razor crest event. If the shot that trigger the rocker target becomes a “ball rattle” shot that will have the ball trickle around the bend of the ramp, a second razor crest hit will register and start the multiball. This is undesirable and for this reason I have to start mission with two razor crests remaining to be guaranteed your mission/multiball stack. The timer window for the rocker and exit opto on the ramp should be timed to account for this.
- While missions are “easy” to start for the first two, with the foundry spotting shots, the subsequent missions are simply two ramp shots. With this in mind, how much harder MB 2 and 3 is and the same with going deep in encounter - is it like 3 ramp shots to start encounter 2? While missions remain decently sane to start new ones, the multiball and encounters turn into a wood chopping contest - SPOILER ALERT - it’s not fun! Given how hard it is to progress in the razor crest with a hunter in between, you shouldn’t require an astronomical amount of shots for MB 2, 3 and 4. Encounters I’m not super familiar with because I rarely play deep in it but I’m assuming you would require multiple ramp shots to qualify 2 and 3. I bet many of these complaints can be addressed with “just install easy mode” but I never diverge my settings from how it would be setup on location and in tournaments.
- I always have extra balls turned off, I find it annoying that there’s no option for setting extra balls to score points instead of awarding the extra ball, like in many other Stern games. I might be off here and haven't looked close enough.
- The “scope” is a cool feature but rarely do I have time to read the screen of what award I was given. Get Carl back into the studio and have him tell us.
- Timers, timers, timers. Keeping an eye on the timers is difficult. Is there anyway to provide audible feedback when timers are about to expire? It could simply be a beep that starts at T-10, or get Carl back in there, different type of beeps depending on the timer, the PF multiplier being the most important.
- I’d like more elements from the game reflected on the topper. Tilt warnings, tilts, combos, spinners, pops and what not. I wouldn’t say it’s static now, but it can be so much more for the audience watching someone playing the game.
- Beskar Bonanza is ridiculously hard and stupid to reach. There should be a “per player” setting where you can farm say 1000-1500 beskar in one game and that would allow you to start it and also use it in competitive mode.
- Mandalorian Madness is balanced to reach and play. I found the timer to complete it a bit meager though. I just about reached the the first add-a-ball and I’m not sure how far that was but it felt really short. In “pinball time” it said 60 seconds.
- At the end of Mandalorian Madness there's no convincing feedback that the game drained your current balls and your ball continues in the shooter lane. I didn't know if I tilted or the game shut off the flippers as I didn't know what would happen at the end of Mando Madness.
- I like the new Ambush. The guessing game in standard play VS second shot guaranteed to start it in competitive play, not so much. Competitive play ambush start is much more desirable. Here’s a thought: Shooting two adjacent ambush shots will start it, regardless of standard/competitive?
- I find the magnet 9/10 times spitting the ball down the razor crest - sometimes SDTM even. I also noticed in the settings you can adjust the duration between pulses on the magnet. I guess these can be tweaked to address this, but to what? Give better guidance or better yet, ship with better defaults.
- I have not hit this issue for a while and it might’ve been fixed, but sometimes the exit switch in the encounters miss to register or a violent drain from the mini playfield flies past the switch. This will leave encounters running while the ball is being flipped around on the main playfield. Any switch hit outside the mini playfield should immediately stop encounters to prevent this.
- I played a Mando premium at a show once where the mini playfield “felt” much leaner and didn’t go as steep as it does on my LE. Is it only the pitch of the entire game that controls this or is there a setting to balance the mini playfield? The game played very similar to mine otherwise.
- There's a display issue in certain circumstances where the amount of razor crest shots remaining is being covered by a tie-fighter (super pops maybe?). This is really frustrating when trying to figure out how much more you need to chip away for the next hurry-up/MB.
I had a really fun game the other day. I reached Mandalorian Madness, completed I like those odds and Ambush with 1.1B on the board. Notice in the end of that game how "dry" the playfield was with just progress shots towards the 4th MB and 2nd encounter was available.

That's it?

#6536 1 year ago

Ice Spider multi ball is a new obsession of mine. You can really rack up Super Jackpots at the end and pile on points.

2 weeks later
#6645 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Not a topper owner, but definitely appreciate that the theme option adjustment made it into an update at all. +1 for the "good guys" at Stern, imo.
Sorry you guys still have a few bugs, but at least they're paying attention to the clamoring.

Agree. I definitely only have topper FOMO for looks only. Since the last code was buggy (resets, multi balls not starting properly) it helps me to hang back on old code and just enjoy that. Not sure why the last 2 Dwight games have reset issues or that it's even code vs. hardware, but Turtles was also frustrating because it just killed a ton of good games.

3 weeks later
#6782 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Broke a Billion this morning. When this game is dialed in, it's so much fun! Talk about nerve wracking. I made it through the first round of precious cargo and finally drained down to one ball. There were 3 or 4 lit green shots and I kept making them but never could seem to finish that mode until I finally drained. Is there a sequence to finishing that mode? Finishing them all with "You have what I want" is going to be really, really tough. That upper PF is difficult.
[quoted image]

I haven't hit a billion yet, but you're absolutely correct. The game is addictive w/a lot of high pressure moments.

#6786 1 year ago

Damn you can rack up points in “I Like Those Odds”. 394,000,000

2031EAD4-3032-4978-A1EF-55A375C8E316 (resized).jpeg2031EAD4-3032-4978-A1EF-55A375C8E316 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6840 1 year ago
9890A873-49BC-40BD-A6E0-EC667024A71E (resized).jpeg9890A873-49BC-40BD-A6E0-EC667024A71E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6908 1 year ago
0C55EC51-6C22-4457-B198-3EED97518BDC (resized).jpeg0C55EC51-6C22-4457-B198-3EED97518BDC (resized).jpeg
#6950 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

So if the Mandalorian can do it so can I! Sneak peek at the N-1 Naboo Starfighter
I picked up a Mandalorian Premium last year, fun fast game, love it and all things Mando.
So, Since Moff Guidon went ahead and destroyed the Razor Crest, the Mandalorian had to commission another ship, turns out it’s a Naboo Starfighter in the hangar waiting to be assembled.
Challenge accepted! Since he did it so could I, as long as I had the time to revise/redesign the 3D model to include lights for the Nubian drives through the wings and support pins for the wing assembly, then it was game on!
Well, After several months, 100 or so design modifications and a few test prototypes (see photos), the current prototype came out fairly well other than the drives being on the wrong side. (Fun story, had forgotten that “mirror” in CAD programs is opposite and everything was printing in reverse, ugh.)
so, with a decent prototype ready I went ahead and did a quick paint job and tested fitment for installation to play a few games.
Personally, I Love this much more than the Razor Crest and I think you will too!!!
Yea, I only showed you photos up through the prototype installed and a few design and print photos to wet your whistle.
… to be continued.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hot damn. Well done.

#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The Naboo Starfighter looks great, nice build. I really do not understand why they swapped the razorcrest for this in the serie. It is like a cowboy riding a ferrari in the dessert. It feels so inappropriate in the whole look and feel of the serie. The Razorcrest was an iconic pile of junk, the Naboo starfighter is just to sleek and will not fit the bountyhunter. An A-wing or B-Wing would be far better fit.

Agree!

2 months later
#7240 11 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I got to admit.
Season 3 of Mandalorian wasn’t fun.
Kathleen Kennedy seemed to ooze herself into it and it was a let down. I’m happy with The Mandalorian pin with only season 1 and 2 in the code.
Season 3 seemed like a bad Mind Flayer/Dream that I don’t want to experience again.
Am I the only one that thinks this?
[quoted image]

Couldn't agree more. Huge difference between this one and the first two. Seemed like the whole plot was obvious.

Congrats, you're a Mandalorian...by accident. You now possess the Dark Saber...by accident.

There's a lot of "battle this monster and you'll receive a reward" in 1 & 2, but I'd take that over the blandness.

4 weeks later
#7331 10 months ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

What would be a decent score for this pin? Today I made it to 12.9 billion; is that a fair score?

Does it go that high?

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-mandalorian-premium/scores

1 month later
#7443 8 months ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I had a discussion with Brian Eddy today regarding backhanding the right ramp. His intention was to allow that shot as designed. He is aware of some variances between machines and acknowledges the issues. He said most of the time the post in question can be slid a tiny amount and the flippers be adjusted about an eighth of an inch above the dimples. I know that this worked for my machine.

I used to be able to backhand the right ramp but can't anymore. Why? No idea. I don't mind not being able to, honestly. I like how the game plays. It's a careful touch shot from the left flipper, but can be done on the fly.

3 months later
#7633 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I read the rules and I’m a little bit confused how exactly do you start an encounter? I have 3.5 K plays and I don’t think I’ve ever started an encounter.

Left ramp. Left ramp.

1 month later
#7679 3 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Looking for advice from those who have this game. Worth buying? I have played it and like it but not sure if I buy this now or wait to see what Stern is going to release next year. Thanks in advance.

Can't speak to the Pro but I first played an LE and that's what I bought. Good reviews here: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-mandalorian-le/ratings

It's not an easy game and has 3 distinct sets of modes to complete to get the final wizard mode (which I haven't sniffed), plus some cool strategy involved with the Foundry. Plus stacking modes w/multiballs. Lots of stuff I like. It's by far the best Star Wars pin to boot. I think the LE is one of the best looking Stern LEs ever.

I like @falc0nwing's summary:

Definitely not for beginners, but when you start to feel the table this game is a blast, especially if you are a fan of the theme. It is not the typical combo-jackpot game, but more like an adventure. people complaining about the center shot... well get your second mb with a super skill shot and the 3rd from the foundry. the game is fast and action packed. useful to be comfortable with slap-save and basic nudging. and if you remove the blob, this machine is perfect to pravtice these skills. it needs 100+ games to start to shine (or at least I needed). thats why it is underrated I think. I love it, bolted to the floor.

#7709 3 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

I literally just did this repair 10 minutes ago!

For future reference...

Pinside_forum_6791652_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6791652_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6791652_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6791652_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6791652_2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6791652_2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6958050_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6958050_0 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7742 55 days ago

RIP Carl Weathers. Only 76. Amazing as Greef Karga. Amazing pinball callouts for Mando.
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.