Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goodomens.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm still trying to make sense of that though. There didn't seem to be any objective or carry over or progress from it. You scored for hitting the targets and would get something on the order of 50-60k or so.. but when I did finish it.. it didn't seem to be any big payoff or reward. Its like 'heres some pitance points.. move along'. And doing it multiple times on different plunges didn't seem to have any cumulative or additive value.

What code is shipped on the pros? .91 or .95? .96 dropped today and mentioned the addition of the sneaky skill shot in .95 - I'm sure more tweaking is in order.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/mando_PRO-0_96-README.txt

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Sounds like I'm in the first run of premiums in July!

I'm in that same boat too

#80 2 years ago

Manuals finally dropped:

Pro: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Mandalorian_Pro_web.pdf
Premium/LE: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Mandalorian_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Wire guide part #s for those wanting to check if you can order:

515-2378-01 Right Ramp Exit
515-2378-02 Left Ramp Exit

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

You mean this or something else? If so it’s a locking gate thing that activates sometimes
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

He’s talking about the premium/le wire form and yes I think it’s welded (based on photos).

The ambush ramp screws into it.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure why you think that. It appears they slide right into the ramps like the pro ramp returns do, and also attach at the slings at the same spot. [quoted image]

He’s talking about the piece midway into the right ramp return that the ambush ramp screws into.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

ah I see now. Why would you need to do anything with that?

Aesthetics If putting these on the pro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

There has almost always been TWO or more threads (once problems come up, folks start a thread on those too), the first when the game is announced, the second is the OWNERS CLUB thread, which the mods will NOT allow until the game actually ships.
Sorry but I don't see anything being ego motived here.

Honestly a hype/play/I just ordered/discussion thread and a thread just focused on issues and fixes makes a lot of sense.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thank you for posting that. I just went and checked my game and I could see it would start to do the same thing. Seems stern still has not learned that they are tightening the ball rails down too much and allowing them to dig into the playfields. Washers should be under every single ball rail guide. I did check the rest of the game and the ball rail is raised everywhere except for this spot, which is on the left side of the hairpin turn. To prevent further damage, I loosened the nut underneath a few turns and used a punch to raise the guide. Luckily no paint chipped off. First pic shows it starting to dig in, second pic shows it raised with no damage.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Newb question - what do you mean you used a punch to raise it? I guess I'd need to see the undeside for it to make sense.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I gotta say these posts are giving me some pause on this game. I understand that all machines require regular maintenance but this seems like a ton of early issues with minimal plays

I wouldn't say concerning. Seems to be two primary issues - one is tweak anyone should check before setting up (annoying) and the other is on par with what appears to be a bad set of parts where the weld is popping. Hopefully on that Stern will correct on both accounts.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just completed this on our game… thank you for taking the time to write it out so i knew i had time to get it done today!
Super easy and highly recommend all owners do this. I used simple M5 washers i had in my toolbox. They are nice and wide throat so they sit under the tapered bolt well.
[quoted image]
This is what the pf looked like.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And what it looks like after…
[quoted image]

Thanks for the detailed photos

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You can’t call them. Email only nowadays. The good ole top notch Chaz Saddiqi support days are long gone.

I've had great support with Pablo over email but that was pre-covid, including him looking up engineer drawings to find a right part that was listed wrong in a manual for another game.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody know of a good way to get a couple flyers for the game (premium), other than waiting for them to eventually show up on ebay? I like to snag two of each machine I have so I can frame and display the front/back. Non pinball guests always think it's funny/interesting how much the promo materials have evolved from our oldest ( Lost World ) to our newest ( Batman 66, soon to be The Mandalorian (Premium) ).

You talking about the PDF flyers they post? Why not take that to a good printer and have it done on nice card stock?

Or are the flyers different?

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Ah, right! Forgot that those were available on Stern's website. Looks like the PDFs are "Lo Res" according to the filename, though.. may see if I can get a decent print.. otherwise may just wait for them to show up on eBay. Or bug my distributor.
For anybody else who is interested, here are the links:
Pro: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Mando-Pro-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdf
Prem: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Mando-Prem-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdf
LE: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Mando-LE-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdf
Edit: This bullet point on the Prem flyer seems to suggest there are 4 wizard modes before This is the Way, rather than just three? Or am I forgetting something?
[quoted image]
Edit 2: PDF Rulesheet just lists 4 as expected.. must be a typo on the flyer. D'oh!
[quoted image]

I bet if you emailed Stern they might send you a hi res version. They've emailed me docs (installation instructions for parts etc) not posted on their site before - worth a try at least.

2 weeks later
#620 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Just got the freight delivery call, my Premium shows up tomorrow! Thanks Flip N Out! Of course I am slammed tomorrow afternoon but will get to it tomorrow night and get plenty of pics.

I'm getting word mine ships either today or tomorrow. Hope to unbox by end of week.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

That little adjustment made the machine a little bit easier... and a heck of a lot more fun! 680 in 20some minutes. Now I don't want to go back to work.
[quoted image]

So how did you adjust it - just bent the protector so it hugs the ramp a little more flush?

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

More pics, under bright light and with the glass off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get any surprises under the playfield?

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Crazy shaker on my LE too. My issue is the shaker itself is making a ton of noise. I tested with both BG and PF glass off and it was still there.
I had a similar situation on a DP and just had to tighten that threaded rod a little to settle it down. I took the cover off on the Mando's and unfortunately the shaker has no stabilizing rod. If you run the test and squeeze the 2 mount side together on top, carefully so your fingers don't get whacked by the weights, and the noise goes away, it's something that rod would help with.
Stern's accessory site shows 2 pics with no rod and 1 with rod, so I guess it's whichever supplier it came from. Doubtful I can get a replacement from Stern, so I guess I'll either:
-Deal with it
-Buy a aftermarket shaker
-Do some frontier medicine with a drill and DIY it.
Hopefully some of y'all might have the adjustable version!

You sure the weights are centered on their little divots? I had a shaker direct from stern where one weight was ever so slightly off. Loosening the set screw and cranking it down in the divot was night and day difference.

Speaking of shakers - does anyone know if the cap is still required? I have a shaker from an older game I'm moving over and it required the cap kit. Does stern still require that or did they fix the boards to eliminate the issue?

Edit: Pablo got back to me 1 minute after I emailed service and said newer stern games don't require the cap kit.

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

I've not looked at that, I'll be checking this after work!
Thanks man!

Yea try moving the weights themselves and see if they are ever so slightly loose or if they are not perfectly in alignment with each other. There is a little divot on the rod they are supposed to be set on. Simple fix if that's the issue.

#679 2 years ago

Anyone get an under-playfield surprise yet?

#686 2 years ago

Got a call that Fedex will drop it off tomorrow. Fingers crossed for no damage and a surprise under the playfield. Mainly just for no damage...

#751 2 years ago

So emailed stern and they are not aware of the orbit issue. Seems I too am having the 50/50 issue for trying for the super skill shot and either bricking or hitting that top up post (which sometimes is up or sometimes just comes up and back down quickly). Wants me to do some switch tests and send them a video.

Don't know if it's a code bug or an issue with a flaky switch. Unsure what would make the post come up and back down while holding the left flipper....

Edit: It seems the post is always up if the child is lit - even during a skill shot so that's def a bug.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I just made 2 videos of it coming up while holding left flipper. Where do I send the videos? Ive sent them to them before but its been awhile. Its weird how it comes up sometimes on the second ball or third or both everygame but first ball skill shot always works. I also got a short video of hitting the right orbit a few times in a row and the post comes up messing up a clean orbit shot.
The post isnt there to stop the ball I think its only to make the ball go into the Child rollover area when activated, correct?

Email [email protected] - I noticed top post stays up during the super skill shot (while holding the left flipper) if the child is lit. That's def a bug.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

It seems like there is some confusion about the post at the top of orbit.
1 - Its job is to send the ball to the Child area / top lanes
2 - It will do this from either direction. Meaning from the left orbit, right orbit, or from the shooter lane.
3 - If the Child is lit it will energize try to divert the ball. Maybe this is undesirable from the shooter lane but its not a bug! : --- )
4 - If you hold in the left flipper while the ball is leaving the shooter switch and keep it held until the ball exits the shooter lane the top post will stay down (again, unless The Child is lit). If the ball doesnt come all the way around maybe it didnt transition from the shooter lane to the orbit well or found something else to slow it down. It probably was not the top post.
With reguard to the super skill shot -
The Super Skill Shot only starts if you are still holding the left flipper when the ball reaches the left orbit (The 'C' roll over). If you left the flipper go before it will not start.
If you see behavior that is not like this please do make a video and send it to [email protected]
It hope this helps.
- Dwight

Dwight,

Appreciate the explanation! I've noticed a few things with the super skill shot and did email bug.report and Pablo yesterday (2 of the 3):

1- I notice during super skill shot plunges the post will come up and back down rapidly (sent video), this might cause some of the hangups if the post is not coming down fast enough.
2 - So you are saying (point 4?) that you can't super skill shot if the child is lit? So should you get the child then during a plunge? Because that's not happening for me. It just diverts to the child lanes and doesn't go to the magnet.
3 - If I hit the super skill shot immediately it doesn't register - this might be tied to getting lucky with an outlane skill shot as well (Jetpack? from the "C" rollover) - not sure if this is intended (stacking skill shots). The right scoop is lit but it doesn't register the shot. I have to hit it a second time to register it. This might be tied to hitting the shot while the first shot video is being displayed.
4- I've also gotten a ball stuck under the upper playfield so might want to tilt back (parallel) during ball search?

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

On #3 does it always require you to hit the scoop 2x before it registers? Ive never seen that happen and i can hit the first scoop shot on the first try out of the orbit alot.

I'm not good enough to instant hit it so not sure. It might be related to getting the skill shot from the "c" lane and I hit it when the award is playing?

Edit: It does only seem to be if I get a skill shot from the "C" that it blocks the instant hit to the scoop.

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I would think that if the left flipper is held it would cancel the Child lanes. Have you ever activated Ambush mode yet on your machine?

Not sure - but it does the call out for the super skill shot. So I activated it. So either you're not supposed to stack skill shots (bug?) or you can but the awarding of the first skill shots blocks the second one from registering it while the award video is being played (bug?)

#779 2 years ago

Joined the cracked ramp club!

Told distributer to wait and see if Stern offers a better fix...

F016813E-F8C8-445E-BA52-E50C5451CD1B (resized).jpegF016813E-F8C8-445E-BA52-E50C5451CD1B (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I think he’s saying the post pops up unpredictably during super skill shot. Mine does this too randomly blocking the orbit (despite Left flipper held during plunge)
I think it’s a code bug that possibly has something to do with the child being lit on the plunge.
I’m on initial code still and haven’t updated... was kinda waiting on the next round of updates because i figure it won’t be long.

Xaqery explained earlier that it's not a bug but intentional, which does seem weird.

Quoted from Xaqery:

It seems like there is some confusion about the post at the top of orbit.
1 - Its job is to send the ball to the Child area / top lanes
2 - It will do this from either direction. Meaning from the left orbit, right orbit, or from the shooter lane.
3 - If the Child is lit it will energize try to divert the ball. Maybe this is undesirable from the shooter lane but its not a bug! : --- )
4 - If you hold in the left flipper while the ball is leaving the shooter switch and keep it held until the ball exits the shooter lane the top post will stay down (again, unless The Child is lit). If the ball doesnt come all the way around maybe it didnt transition from the shooter lane to the orbit well or found something else to slow it down. It probably was not the top post.
With reguard to the super skill shot -
The Super Skill Shot only starts if you are still holding the left flipper when the ball reaches the left orbit (The 'C' roll over). If you left the flipper go before it will not start.
If you see behavior that is not like this please do make a video and send it to [email protected]
It hope this helps.
- Dwight

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If you watch the post when somebody is playing it will randomly pop up for a millisecond here and there when it shouldnt. Ive sent video to bug report.

I think we are talking about two different things and my reply was directed towards the end of that post (super skill shot if child is lit). I've sent a similar video showing the millisecond pop-up of the post randomly that I think too is a bug. Dwight chimed in stating what I think is intentional - you can't super skill shot if the child is lit. I personally think that's not intuitive and the superskill shot should override child but it's not my game to program.

I did notice if you hold the left flipper down during child it won't energize the magnet so you get robbed of a super skill shot and hitting the child so that seems to be a bug....

Quoted from Purdue:

oh interesting. So is dwight saying, the child being lit on the plunge is not a bug too?

That was the way I interpreted his reply to me. I think its non-intuitive to the player and should be changed though....

Quoted from P1nhead:

Coming soon to a center ramp near you...
[quoted image]

As someone who hates spiders (but appreciates what they eat) - NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

An C2 cable for later? Cant find where to connect it. Also have 2 technical errors, what i must do? Please help, thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Upper flippers don't have EOS. Bug - ignore. Note from Stern on this:

The error code that you are seeing is a false error. The game is looking for an EOS switch which is not there.
Our software engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution to be included in future code.

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from douglasHicks:

Anyone having trouble with the left orbit? On my Pro , *every* ball coming down the left orbit hits the little rubber post and drains right down the center. Its damn near unavoidable. I don't *think* it's by design, but I could be wrong.
[quoted image]

You should be able to loosen the end and bump it out a bit. Should be closer to the black line. Not 100% but I think you can take off that plastic for access.

See my bad photo.

E37E3FE2-1CA9-46D7-9922-333AC1B399D9 (resized).jpegE37E3FE2-1CA9-46D7-9922-333AC1B399D9 (resized).jpeg
#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mando is the first game since Deadpool where the lockdown button actually feels fun and useful. It has some bugs still but its well integrated.

Took me a while to figure out you have to hold the button to light all the 2x shots with the flamethrower item.

Only thing I get tripped up on is it lights when a new ball is launched. Useful but just makes me want to hit it…

#1098 2 years ago

Anyone get a response about broken encounter ramps?

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My distributor says my new diverted should be coming but I have been waiting for two weeks.

I meant more the plastic ramp. But thanks for the data point.

1 week later
#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Any updates to this mod, video etc.
Thank you in advance.

The mod creator uploaded DIY instructions and a parts list for those that don't want to wait for a kit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grogu-modding-thread#post-6456705

Video is here: https://www.facebook.com/1334417355/videos/915628415659510/

The mod is tied to the reaction of just one light using a photoresistor. For those wanting more someone will have to create more complex programming with something like a Arduino or something that allows multiple inputs etc.

#1205 2 years ago

So Stern is sending me a warranty replacement for the left ramp. They are claiming they are looking into any other causes for the ramp cracking but believe it was "an issue with the way the ramp was originally assembled on production"

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I was just in the middle of a really good game (of course) when this chunk of plastic slid down the playfield. I'm assuming it came from here but the piece doesn't seem to match up.
Any ideas? If it is from here how difficult is it to replace?
Thanks in advance.
Edit: The more I look at it, I don't think it came from there but I could be wrong. Is this how it's supposed to look?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like a piece of ramp plastic. Check your left ramp? Unsure how it would get over there though.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Very well done. I removed my shaker from Stranger Things before trading it and installed it in Mando. MUCH, MUCH better shaker integration in Mando than ST.

Weird I turned it on and just got violent vibrations/buzzing. I'll have to investigate some then. I pulled mine from a SAM but was assured it was the same motor and had the extension kit for SPIKE. Maybe I have a loose or slightly off weight.

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It started shaking on boot up? I'd re-check the connectors, make sure plugged into the shaker connector and it isn't off by one pin over. I didn't know there was an adapter for spike to use the SAM shakers...would've bought a $40 new one I saw at the Allentown show in the flea market.

No, just during the game when it's supposed to. But super intense loud vibrations that would shake the whole machine. Not very pleasant lol. Wasn't like my Star Trek that was sort of a low roll vibration that let you know something happened.

When I ordered my shaker from Stern for my SAM game about two years ago they sent me hardware to put it in a SPIKE game and my SAM. For the SPIKE it was the CAP kit (not needed on Mando, according to Stern support), slightly longer cabinet screws, and an extension harness to reach the node board.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Received replacement ramp from Stern yesterday. I’ll probably get that cliffy before installing it.

Did yours come with the sticker above the flap? Mine didn’t

#1483 2 years ago

Crazy no code release yet even to fix some of the glaring bugs. Hope then it's got some good updates.

We're going on almost 2 months since the last update. Most other games maintain at least monthly after initial release until 1.0

#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I noticed this plastic on my NIB Mando was raised up on the end slightly...they must have started putting something under this plastic to raise it. Build date 7/22/21.

I think that low hanging plastic also causes some missed left orbitals to. Interested as well!

Edit: Upon further inspection it seems the front of the plastic, near the spinner and that's screwed into the post, is higher than the back near the center ramp where it rests on the ball guide. So maybe you are on to something.

#1567 2 years ago
C1E7C7C1-CDEC-4A46-AD79-7ED606318109.gifC1E7C7C1-CDEC-4A46-AD79-7ED606318109.gif
#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Here's what I did...that black screw that holds down the plastic isn't long enough (it also looks like a wood screw whick is weird because there's a riser under it), so remove it and get a longer machine screw. I think I used 10/32 x 3/4". Underneath the plastic put 2 7/16"OD rubbers and then screw it down. Works like a champ and is a little more elegant than my previous bit of beerseal on the guide.[quoted image]

Stern actually sent me the engineering drawing of that part. There is no known change (yet) in production to that area to include any additional washers or raising of the plastic. Pablo did suggest putting some washers under the plastic to raise it so it seems your solution is a little more dramatic then that.

You mentioned you used 2 7/16" rubbers. Aren't there 3 screws? Or did you not place them under the screw closest to the front of the machine?

mando (resized).JPGmando (resized).JPG
#1579 2 years ago

There is definitely something under my plastic up by the little ramp by Grogu. I guess it's on all of them? It causes the plastic to be noticeably raised up on that side.

Interesting. Mine is like this - raised above the guide at the center post and then slopes down to resting on the rail guide at the black plastic screw.

72F4071F-BE66-4553-9961-1110B13EFDC1 (resized).jpeg72F4071F-BE66-4553-9961-1110B13EFDC1 (resized).jpeg
#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Correct, I only did that top screw just to the left of the ball guide, used 2 rubbers to make sure it was lifted enough.

Awesome! Thanks. According to stern its a 6-32 X 3/8” flat head screw if you want to update your original post.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Here's what I did...that black screw that holds down the plastic isn't long enough (it also looks like a wood screw whick is weird because there's a riser under it), so remove it and get a longer machine screw. I think I used 10/32 x 3/4". Underneath the plastic put 2 7/16"OD rubbers and then screw it down. Works like a champ and is a little more elegant than my previous bit of beerseal on the guide.[quoted image]

So after discussion with Pablo, my Mando had a 1 1/8" hex post under the black screw. It was supposed to be 1 1/4" hex post. Stern is sending me a replacement post.

I still would like someone to take there's off that's bent up to see what's going on....

#1591 2 years ago

None of these are great pics but I didn't have time to disassemble. You can definitely see it curve up towards the back. I can stick my fingertip between the plastic and the rail. I wonder why they didn't just raise the whole thing up with washers instead of bending the plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There are two screw under that hex post and plastic spacer separating the plastics where the washer is. I bet they didn't screw it in all the way.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What issue is this fixing?

My left orbit plastic (830-8452-09) was too low towards the spinner and resting on the outer guide rail when it's raised above it near the hunter standups. The hex post under the black screw near the spinner needs to be 1 1/4", which is the height of the post near the standups. Mine was 1 1/8". I'm getting weird hangups on some left orbits where it hits that piece of plastic that overhangs the orbit near the flasher. Same with unsmooth returns from the center ramp when it exits the gate.

We'll see if the higher posts fixes it or if it still needs a few washers or rubbers jaycbarnett used to raise it.

If you look at my previous post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/32#post-6495029), you can clearly see how the plastic slopes down towards the guide because the back post is shorter.

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Really enjoying the game!! But it needs some tweaking.... I really hope Dwight and the code team are looking at what role the upper post has in the gameplay. Honestly speaking the game flows so much better when it's disabled in the settings. Plunging/shooting to a dead post stop just isn't fun.
My thoughts... why not have it down most of the time to open up the orbits during general gameplay. It would only be up when the CHILD shot is qualified. Skill shot could then be to manually plunge the ball to the CHILD lanes, and have the super skill shot as a secondary target after making the CHILD lanes, or even something from a short plunge to the right orbit and target/shot.
We need some combo shots as I found myself making 4/5 together with the post down. Something like the deathblows in Maiden would be cool, maybe reward some of that shiny Beskar

I've noticed mission shots flash blue after you make one so I wonder if a combo is in the works.

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes it is. Standard plunge is post up, roll into the CHILD lights. Skill shot is if you do that and the ball runs through a lane with the lit light. Super skill shot is hold the left flipper button down to drop the post and then complete the sequence of shots.
Maybe it's personal taste, I just don't like games where the plunge stops the ball, especially in Mando as the only way out of the CHILD area is with a dribble. Post down and manual plunge into the CHILD area would have made much more sense as a true skill shot.
All, if you're curious, try disabling the post in the game settings and see how the differently the game feels. There is a fine balance in there somewhere... Come on Dwight and team!

With the only addition that you can't super skill shot when child is lit. That seems intentional as well, as per Dwight's response to me a bit ago.

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Love the concept art in the attract mode. Would love to see an option where if only shows concept art. I think this would be a huge selling point for home owners and bar passer by’s as well.

You can turn off the learn to play pinball videos, that might help.

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've had my Mando pro for over a month and although I'm enjoying it, I'm finding the game is more difficult than I had hoped.
Either that or my skills have really diminished in the last few years that I haven't owned a game.
I'm seriously humbled by how shitty of a player I've become. My top score is 260 mil which compared to others is pretty pathetic.
Dropped more "f bombs" since I've owned it than I normally do in a year.

Haha I’m that boat. Shots are tighter then previous stern games I’ve owned. On the flip side when I move back to my Batman I’m playing much better. So I think overall this game is making me better.

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Come to think of it...why would the orbit post be up if the child lanes are not lit?

To get you into the pop bumpers. I don't think there is any other way.

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I read through their installation guide of their 'upgrade' kits and don't know why anyone would need any of these things.
None of them have been issues we have seen from day 1 ownership.

One seems to correct my slightly raised right lip of the left ramp flap (although that can also be because my ramp is cracked and I'm awaiting my cliffy on Monday to install).

Unsure about the others...

Would be curious an explanation what each of the fixes is trying to do. At first I thought the Razor fix would make the target more centered but that doesn't seem to be the case.

#1879 2 years ago

So now the boba fett targets increase the timers, including the super skill shot. Was wondering why I still had the skill shot going a good 30 seconds into the game.

#1948 2 years ago

Just my luck after waiting for the clify protectors to arrive and other parts I wanted to install ... I go to put in my replacement ramp and it's deformed up top....

Right side looks like it was taken out of the mold while too hot or something and turned up instead of out. I don't have the tools or skill to fix so the top plastic won't go on. You think the person stamping the rivets would notice but I guess not.

image_67169025 (resized).JPGimage_67169025 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So what you get is the ball flying up the middle following the red arrow, round to the left and it leaves that ramp and hits the plastic (red X). Doesn't happen all of the time, only when the ball is travelling fast.
If you look underneath that plastic where the blue line is, it's not running flush with the ball guide. It's like the rear part needs to be raised up. If you did that it would no longer foul the ball, but the triangular piece at the back with the flasher cap on would need supporting, as it would be no longer be resting on the rail.
[quoted image]

Measure the post under the plastic. Should be 1 1/4. Mine was 1 1/8th. Stern sent a replacement under warranty. Although with the proper posts I still hang up occasionally on the plastic…

#2092 2 years ago

Pulled the playfield and got my Wizmods Art blades and Hooked rod installed. With spike 2 easy and under 30min! So happy how it turned out.

2360580F-6B56-4F37-977C-BA84DFB651BF (resized).jpeg2360580F-6B56-4F37-977C-BA84DFB651BF (resized).jpegB0BC5A1F-0A18-4118-9A25-BCB1FEC100C9 (resized).jpegB0BC5A1F-0A18-4118-9A25-BCB1FEC100C9 (resized).jpeg
#2138 2 years ago

Got my shipping notice for the side armor. Should be here Sunday. Anyone install it yet? I presume I'll need to pilot a few holes near the buttons?

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Mandalorian side armor looks really nice! Are they metal and do they feel sturdy?

Metal with a printed overlay. Happy with them!

F1A9BADE-7ADB-4D3F-A76A-C5E36F35CE16 (resized).jpegF1A9BADE-7ADB-4D3F-A76A-C5E36F35CE16 (resized).jpeg
#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Any strategies out there for high scoring?

Stack a mission with a good MB like Pirate and hit the flamethrower. Add in two playfield multipliers (decently easy to get) and you can easily have a 300+mil first ball.

#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Okay, I give up... What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to upgrade my Mando pro to the new code and just can't get it to do it. I have downloaded the files from Stern onto a USB stick. The files are unzipped on the stick but the machine does not acknowledge anything different when it boots. I am currently using the port at cn9 but I've tried others as well. I have tried reloading the files from Stern but still nothing. Short of just banging on the monitor I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What size USB? Two Files in the root of the stick (not in a folder)? USB stick formatted to FAT32?

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I think since Spike.

Yea the vault Star Trek had those too. A change from the original run.

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I would rather slide down a razor blade using my gonads as a hand brake.
Sorry, as you can tell I don't like Pinstadiums very much.

I get it on some older games with bad lighting and dark spots, but I have yet to see a modern game with a poorly lit playfield.

Although a child magnet throw down the center lane in a dark room can be a issue. They should put a short ball saver on that, or at least until a switch is hit and the lights come back on.

1 week later
#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

Shooter rod and side armor on! Have some art blades for the inside as well, but still trying to feel out the best approach. Soapy water?[quoted image]

Get a friend, pull the playfield and use this spray: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RMC8J6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

Easy, done in under 30~45 minutes, and this comes from someone who has never pulled a playfield before. SPIKE II's are just three connectors and two zip ties.

This is a pretty great video:

1 month later
#2925 2 years ago

That's really strange...can't be intentional. Can anyone verify if they can do Super Skill shot with Grogu lit? To be clear if Grogu is lit and I don't hold left flipper button on plunge the post will come up...

Yes this is an undocumented change in 1.0 - super skill shot can now be done when the child is lit. Remember you still need to hold the flipper down until the ball hits the spinner.

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thanks all for helping, to clarify, in Etcher, you can only select one file to flash so I can't select both files. However, are you saying that I can just copy and paste the files onto a thumb drive and then insert into the machine for the update?
I thought you had to flash them onto an SD card then insert the card in place of the existing.

Copy those two files into the root portion of a 4gb or greater thumb drive formatted to FAT32 and insert into one of the USB ports and turn on the machine. Machine should detect the files and enter update mode automatically. If not might be an issue with your thumb drive.

No need to etch or do anything. Just copy and paste.

#3120 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I confirm the same issue here on my Mando Pro. I got a "Heal is lit" from the mystery, but Grogu didn't collaborate and kept Heal light for him

This has been a bug from early in the code. I also don't seem to get the rewards for the super skill shot if things are lit on my premium.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkitZero:

Recently purchased a Mandalorian pro for my home...had the machine setup and installed by my local distributor but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you all can help me with. I should preface these with the fact that I'm a complete pinball newb and this is my first machine so please forgive me if these are dumb or have been answered before.
1. The upper playfield doesn't seem to be registering when shots hit any of the targets. I have 6 technician alerts (1 for each target) all related to checking switch numbers 70-75. Is this something I should be able to fix on my own or should I have the distributor check it out?
2. After playing this for a few days, the razor-crest multi-ball shot started kicking off the bottom part of the left ramp and draining straight down the middle every time. Has anyone else experienced this or do you have any suggested fixes?
3. When I enter a different game mode (2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 1) etc. the game goes through all three balls for player one and then ends without cycling through another player. Is this something in the settings I need to change?
Sorry if these are dumb and thank you for your help. My family loves this game and we've had a ton of fun playing it even though we've only had it a few days.

#1 Sounds like something got unplugged underneath the playfield. If it doesn't seem obvious I'd contact your distributor since they set it up.

Quoted from alex_m:

Happy to have recently joined the club! Really enjoying the game so far (need to update the code as it is running with 0.98). It's a fast, fun change of pace compared to my Hobbit.
[quoted image]

Legolas really needs a elf hat to balance out that photo! (Unless of course you're afraid of assuming stereotypes)

3 weeks later
#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks, will take a look.

Just loosen one screw and remove the other and you should be able to just tilt it out of the way. Easy.

1 week later
#3645 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

My plan at this point is to play the sh-- out of it. When the decals get here ill just put them away for later.

Inspect your decals before putting away. Stern sent me some that got damaged.

#3668 2 years ago

Skill shot is broken now that they disabled the post. There should be a short plunge skill shot now.

1 week later
#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Your right Flynn those shooter decals began with Godzilla.
Maybe something that’s coming now with all IC games moving forward?

Got it. So early runs didn’t get it. I still like the custom one from HOOKED better anyhow…
CB426828-C4BE-4786-A31A-DE06B737801F (resized).jpegCB426828-C4BE-4786-A31A-DE06B737801F (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#4296 2 years ago

Seems just some minor tweaks. Hope it fixes some of the bugs I've experienced.

I do kinda wish the post would pop up during the initial ball plunge (unless of course the left flipper is held). Would also like to see more skill shots (e.g., from a short plunge).

#4415 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I put in the tweak kit from Mezel that is made by pinball universe. Most of the items I could have made on my own for a lot cheaper but in the end it was a nice comprehensive kit and made the game play a lot smoother.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

Yea I hope that comes back in stock.

2 weeks later
#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSpoon:

It moves no problem. I can slide it over. However, I don't HAVE a screw, and can't find a reference to the size/type of the screw. I'll gladly run up to the hardware store and grab one to replace it, I just need to know what to get.

There is also a small plastic washer that goes between the ramps. Bummer! I'd email stern.

#4560 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Pinball Universe makes a kit that includes modifications to the left ramp. I installed it and the ramp is butter smooth with a clean shot.
Shots still clunk if they’re slightly off, though. It’s a tighter shot than it looks.

Mezel Mods has been sold out for a while on that. Anywhere else to order it state-side?

3 weeks later
#4722 2 years ago

Finally got all playfield multipliers lit and hit a multiball with flamethrower. Shots were 36mil a piece. Was fun!

Sadly couldn't keep it going to break a billion.

1 week later
#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Honestly I’ve felt like this game is a clunk fest. I’m not talking missed shots, but made shots that don’t flow well or rattle around and reject for no reason. The main cuplprit was the left orbit coming off the razor crest shot. A lot of people reported it was bouncing off the plastic tab there and wrecking the glow. So I finally did the plastic trim mod on the left orbit plastic. Amazing difference!! I also moved that ball guide out a bit so it doesn’t clip the slingshot and get all crazy. My game finally flows!!! Thanks to all who posted about it. I’m excited to play!

How much did you trim off?

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The right side white GI stopped working. Any ideas on how to diagnose?
It works for about a minute after a reboot and then cuts out. Bad node board?
[quoted image]

You try reseating the RJ45 connectors? If not I'd try reaching out to Stern.

3 weeks later
#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Do the Cliffy ones require you to drill your own holes in the ramps?

No - uses existing mounting holes (and screws) for the plastic shield.

2 weeks later
#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The Super Skill shot doesn't give equipment.

Yea that's been a bug since the beginning. Didn't know about the Scope though...

#5107 1 year ago

I think there are some bugs in the code that makes some LEDs flash randomly. Sometimes one of the multiplier lights will flash red etc for a moment.

1 week later
#5181 1 year ago

Not sure how you bought your game but I had some out of box damage where Stern sent the replacement part (in my case new side art) and my Amex damage protection covered the cost of the repair from a local pinball restorer. Looks better than original now!

In your case if they do send a replacement playfield I'm sure Amex would have covered the cost for someone to do the swap. Best of luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,900 (Firm)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goodomens.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.