Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

Anyone having issues where the ball gets caught behind the upper play field (premium version). When hunting for a lost ball, the game doesn't move the upper play field, so it just stays lost and the game gets very confused. I couldn't find in the menu how to cycle test the play field.
Any thoughts?

I put a down payment on a decked out premium (delivery in 2022).

Gonna spend some time reviewing this thread. What’s the overall tone premium owners? Still enjoying it? Did you tire quickly?

I have a Munsters Premium and TMNT Premium and the family loves em.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

Two weeks in and I think I'll like it. A few thoughts... I think the play field in the top right warrants premium over pro. For longevity of enjoying it, the different ways to play will help keep it entertaining between co-op mode (enjoyed that) and impossible mode (haven't done that yet).
It is relatively quick balls and games (my other machine is The Hobbit be which is the opposite) if that matters for your enjoyment.

I usually tweak the #of balls and save time on my pins to ensure 5-10 minutes games. We like pinball in this house but we are far from pros

That’s cool that Mando has a co-op mode. We liked that on Ninja Turtles.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I had a TMNT and Mando is more in your face but not as fast overall. Both had a similar feel(adrenaline) like you were battling the machine which i really like. I dont have a Premium I have a LE but same game and both really nice looking pins. The mini once you get the way to play it down makes you just want to keep seeing more and more of it. The scoop 180 ramp when you repeat it is like the inner orbit on TMNT that you can repeat in a sense, both great ripping repeatable shots. The magnet by Grogu without it would feel weird, my son(11 yrs old) said he likes how the magnet grabs the ball. Ive had comment well it doesnt have toys, um the mini is the best toy in pinball in my opinion in a long time and ive owned basiclly all the newer games. Code wise there is so much breadth that there is always something to do. I grow old of games quickly if there not coded deeply and I cant stop playing Mando it keeps me hitting the start button over and over.
Did you order the side armor for your premium? They look really nice and would be a must have on premium.

That sounds great! We really like the mini playfield on Munsters and the Krang loops on TMNT. I am getting good enough to pull off three loops in a row now and then!

As far as extras, I asked for:
HD Glass
Shaker
Shooter
Art Blades
Side Armor
External volume control
Rgb Speakers
And topper if it gets announced by then.

It’s going to be sitting next to decked out Munsters and TMNT.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hold both flippers in to get into the other modes before hitting start. To end game you have to wait until ball 2 then hold start in but it will just restart a game at ball 1 not actually end the game to attract mode.

There should be a setting in one of the adjustment menus to enable ending a game by holding start and the left flipper for a few seconds.

3 weeks later
#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Great, thank you. Just looked now... whats the difference between the InvisiGlass and the Voodoo glass??
Thanks again.

I just got two sheets of voodoo glass from Tilt (they get it from Cointaker) and installed it. Did some direct comparisons on a twitch stream to stock glass, invisaglass, and stern HD glass.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1124132479

TL;DW
It helps quite a bit. In my opinion/observation Voodoo glass is on par with Stern HD glass, but not quite as good as JJP Invisaglass.

Any of the three are fantastic upgrades.

If you get two sheets of Voodoo at the same time you get a bit of a discount since they can ship 2 in one box.

Still can’t get my hands on a sheet of PDI.

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thanks for the video... it was very useful. I would have liked to have seen the voodoo on your TMNT to be fair, but you convinced me enough to go buy a sheet of the voodoo.
Thanks again.

I can do that this weekend and give you a preview. This glass plus dial the backbox brightness down to 35% during gameplay in the settings and you will want for nothing.

Except for glare reducing glass on every other pin you own.

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Where are the brightness settings within the menu system?

I’ll make a video today or tomorrow and show.

It’s in one of the adjustments menus. There is a general setting and one for dimming during gameplay. That’s the one you want to tweak to your liking.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Where are the brightness settings within the menu system?

I uploaded a video showing how to get to it.

TL;DW

It's in Service Menu->Adjustments->Standard Adjustments->Gameplay B.Box Brightness

It's towards the end of the list of adjustments so I usually scroll through them in reverse order. (on TMNT they are adjustment #88!)

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any word if there is even a topper in the works? I’ve seen nothing mentioned from Stern regarding topper. Don’t recall them ever going this long after release to announce. Even Star Wars you knew there was one coming for what 2 years before a picture was shown.

They are most likely still wrangling with reviews/approvals by Disney. Approvals from the folks providing the license is almost always the hold up.

4 months later
#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

10-4. Good to hear. Eff that thing.

I find plastic razor blades to be good for stuff like this. Very effective with much lower risk of damage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BBW1WM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_DZ97HKKW7EHKFW52HVYF

#3590 2 years ago

“I can bring you in hot. Or I can bring you in cold”

What an awesome quote. Is there a callout like that in the game? That would be so cool.

1 month later
#4499 2 years ago

Got the call tonight!

I should be officially in the club next week!!!

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Awesome! I got the email earlier today that mine shipped so I'll soon be in the club too! It's my first pin and definitely not my last.

Hahaha. Your journey begins now!

This is the way!

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just an observation but this title looks to be experiencing a bit of a resurgence of late following its lukewarm release last year. It seems there are more and more pinballers out there starting to realise how good this game actually is.
Bit of a sleeper title?

Stern just finished the only production run currently planned for this year and they’ve been shipping out all month.

So resurgence is probably just folks that have been waiting finally getting their orders fulfilled. . Hopefully there is enough buzz to fuel enough orders to get them put on the line again next year.

#4570 2 years ago

Received, unboxed and set my premium today.

Love the look. Love the theme. Love the gameplay.

An almost flawless out of box experience… until this happened in game 6…

The screw didn’t have a bolt or anything keeping it from unthreading. So I added one from my Titan Pinball “little box of calm”.

Grabbed a bolt with plastic fastener and tightened that up as much as I could.

Hope it doesn’t pop again. It has many sharp edges!

0882DFEC-167B-457F-8DBA-90DD0023589B (resized).jpeg0882DFEC-167B-457F-8DBA-90DD0023589B (resized).jpegB3E00CF8-3E1F-4889-9F39-25A728D7243F (resized).jpegB3E00CF8-3E1F-4889-9F39-25A728D7243F (resized).jpeg
#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Do yourself a favor if you haven’t already and take a look inside the cabinet to see if that nut fell off during transportation.
Also take the opportunity to tighten everything down while you have the glass off.
I always find there are a few loose screws through the topside (and underside) post-transit.
Plus it gives you the opportunity to inspect the game for other quirks you can correct to avoid bigger issues.

Thoroughly inspected the cab and playfield before playing. No sign that there was ever a nut there.

It’s possible it’s wedged somewhere.

But I have yet to find it.

I’m swapping out the clear star posts for beskar posts later, so maybe I’ll find it then.

2 weeks later
#4674 2 years ago

Loving the game so far.

2 weeks. 30 plays.

My left ramp is wrecked, wobbling, and rejecting half my shots now.

I don’t see a fix for it marked as a key post in this thread, so I’ll hafta search it cause I’m sure you folks have figured something out.

My distributor already has a ticket in with stern for a replacement ramp. But I know it’s just going to break the same way.

That metal takes a lot of abuse and there is nothing to keep the plastic from flexing too much when that happens.

4F1CBB58-0441-4173-B223-1282B06B1980 (resized).jpeg4F1CBB58-0441-4173-B223-1282B06B1980 (resized).jpeg
#4697 2 years ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

About to finalize my purchase for a Mando Pro as my first pin ever.
Is it true that it needs a bit of mods/upgrades?
Such as new flippers, new rubbers, and parts to protect the left ramp from breaking? Is there anything else I need?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Get the part for the ramp for sure. The other stuff is personal preference I think. I find the out of box flippers and rubbers just fine for now.

4 months later
#5663 1 year ago

All I wanna know… is “I have spoken” in there?

2 months later
#6092 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think there are plenty of folks buying them up, based on the other couple threads that are discussing the topper. I think Stern knows that the average Joe probably isn't going to buy one, but the higher end, wealthier collectors can't resist.
Wouldn't fault anybody with the interest and the funds for buying one, but it's just way too much for me. Had a "spot" on a distributor's list since June of 2021 and told him yesterday to pass it along to the next guy.

I’ll out myself and admit. I am going to get one at 2k.

I’ve had my topper order locked in with my distro since last Sept when I ordered my premium.

As soon as the announcement video hit I called them to let them know I’m still all in.

When I got Mando, I also got the art blades, shooter rod, side armor, voodoo glass, and external volume control, and Insider Connected through the distro, then separately I got and did the grogu mod, Cara Dune shooter ramp decal, flaming speaker grills, and coin door insider connected camera mounting plate.

Given how much my family enjoys the game and how much I have into it already, it just wouldn’t seem right to leave it unfinished. That said, my family is Dwight S. & B. Eddy fans in general and we deck those machines out all we can and bolt them to the floor.

When you add all those extras together the topper isn’t really all that crazy given it’s licensed and 1st party. Stern needed to do extra coding and animations for it, plus testing, plus hardware and that was all done in America where minimum wage is much higher most places now and inflation is at 9%.

Given this is more than the typical “plastic and lights” they usually do, inflation, and the fact that flippers were going to have this thing at 2k resell anyway I don’t have a problem with it.

Sure, I’d rather it was cheaper. But if it’s gonna be 2k I’d rather pay it to Stern and see that money go to Dwight and crew than just be paying an extra 1k to some opportunist with buddies that’s hoarding inventory.

If 2k is a bridge too far for many, hopefully upwards of that leaves scalpers just holding on to unmovable inventory and disincentivizes them.

I know a lot of folks are not happy about the exclusive modes tied to it. But let’s face it. The toppers price is somewhat subsidizing extra software development. We all know it and many keep saying they want more code. More code.

I’m a software engineer and I don’t work for free.

I don’t expect them to either.

If topper purchasers are subsidizing that work, I think it fair that they should get to enjoy the fruits of that for at least a little while. Even if they are just paying a premium to beta test.

Once the topper runs are done they could open the modes up to the masses (if they don’t actually require the topper to function).

I think something like this was done with Jurassic Park.

Another way to look at it is this.

There are people overpaying anywhere from $1000-$5000 right now for flipped, used pros, premiums, and LEs. JJP is making 15k retail pins a thing with Toy Story 4.

Given that’s just widely accepted now as “pinflation bruh”, if one is willing to wait patiently and get their Pin at retail price, the topper is practically free.

My Mando Prem with everything I mentioned and a 2k topper is still cheaper than Toy Story 4 with topper at retail price. At flipper prices… fugggetta-bout-it.

#6098 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Fair points, my dude! Happy for you. No shade at all from me towards the folks who are making this work.
Wish there was a world where folks who've been hyped about this thing from the beginning (okay, "folks like me") weren't getting priced out of the fun. If your theory about the price being tied to the amount of software dev time is true, I'm hopeful that they sell enough toppers to "recoup" that cost. I hope they eventually opt to release those topper-locked modes to the folks who couldn't rationalize the cost of (or couldn't get ahold of) a topper.
I'm reminded of a comment Gomez made in the recent 007 stream (not about toppers, but about home leaderboards):
"...we have to figure out a good way to do it, and keep everybody happy."
Topper-locked content does not seem like a good model for "keeping everyone happy."

I wouldn’t be surprised if somewhere down the road with future pins they have different levels of toppers just like they have different levels of tables. Pro/Prem/LE.

I do think the idea of timed exclusive code Vs forever exclusive is a good one.

Especially if the topper isn’t somehow directly tied to the functionality.

I remember talking to a Stern guy pre-covid who said they took a serious bath on the Munsters toppers by selling them at $400 originally. They couldn’t make enough of them. But that didn’t make them profitable.

At that price they covered BOM (bill of materials) and assembly. But they really underestimated the amount if QA they would need and the pain of that was felt in the number of defects and returns.

I don’t know a single person that got one that worked out of the box. Including myself.

The Black Knight topper was another one they woefully underpriced for the amount of testing it needed.

The challenge is folks want more than “plastic and lights.”

The Munsters topper is amazing. Sure Raven Multiball and the callouts work fine without the topper. But if you ever get a chance to play it with a topper it’s wild. That Raven will surprise you at least once or twice when he pops out to break your balls. It can be so jarring it might even literally cause you to drain! The call outs are still there without the topper but the

But these fancier toppers need a lot more testing and code just to function at all.

If you think about it. How many owners add toppers? Maybe 10 - 20% (pulling these numbers out of my arse. Anyone here feel free to correct me.)

But those toppers need dedicated code.

So… Stern is already spending significant time adding code to machines and testing it. And we all pay for that in the price of the base pin but can’t all benefit from it without throwing down some extra cash.

Not to mention the time they are spending on updating code for machines no longer on the line just so they could *potentially* use insider connected though many never will.

I think the difference here is we are more aware it’s happening so folks feel they are missing out.

Some still have no idea their old games can be upgraded to use insider connected or feel the features that are inaccessible to them matter enough to pay to upgrade.

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm an embedded programmer as well, and I think the 'all the added programming cost' stuff is a load of BS. Somehow Williams made toppers that made a waterfall (Whitewater), blew air on you (whirlwind), etc without impacting the cost of the game. The stuff they're adding to these toppers is just stuff they've taken out of the regular game to be a 'feature' of the topper.
I don't believe for a second that these things are unprofitable or they wouldn't keep making them. I do believe though that they must be a complete crapshow behind the scenes considering they can't get QA together, they can't seem to get them done in any reasonable time period, they can't seem to manufacturer them in any quantity, etc. Poor execution is not an excuse for high prices. Did you see the dude that made a complete droid that moves responds to voice stuff as a topper? Some dude in his spare time made something better than Stern. So you have to pick. Either:
a) Stern is gouging us or
b) Some guy in his basement is better at making toppers than Stern
I'd lean pretty heavily towards a) based upon recent price escalations.
Also, if you just look at the materials, they're usually not a whole lot different than aftermarket toppers that are $100 to $250. Look at the $800 Avengers topper, you can't seriously look at that and tell me that they're not making a killing on that thing, lol. I'd love to own an Avengers topper for my machine but not for $800, that's crazy money for something that simple.[quoted image]

First off, to all the folks making toppers in their basement or mods of any kind, you all are amazing and I support you as often as I can with both with my words and my wallet.

That said, most folks in that category do not have to deal with manufacturing and shipping several hundred of the same product at a time, many aren’t dealing with licensing and legal fees (which typically have to be paid up front). The ones who are tend to have longer wait times and higher priced mods.

The element many want to ignore is these toppers, mods, etc don’t just magically pop into existence. They require tinkering, experimentation, trial and error to get to something that’s valuable, they require instructions, and support, etc.

For some a lot of their time spent on that R and D, documentation, etc. is simply lost time compensation wise. Others try to make up for some of it in the markup cost of their mods.

I’ve seen 3D printed items costing as much as $200 or more. If all I considered was the cost of the plastic many of those mods could be considered way overpriced.

But if I factor in their time and efforts required to arrive at that final output… How much is the right price? Well… what is that time worth to them? And how much are people willing to pay?

Regarding the software, I was just pointing out that Stern is doing a lot more software development work now in general. Insider connected, fancier toppers. Etc. We’ve seen prices of each tier of machines climb. The claim is increased material costs and the inclusion of Insider Connected on every new machine.

They recently (in the last last year or two) expanded their coding team, which is why we are seeing such fast and furious code updates (compared to previously) and why some long standing bugs are finally getting squashed.

I didn’t say they took a bath on every topper they make. I mentioned specific ones that were mechanically and functionally more complicated than simply “lights and plastic” and that needed more QA and by hand assembly time.

You can’t simply take BOM and apply a 5% markup and say that’s always fair or they are ripping you off. It’s not that simple.

I notice the examples you gave for toppers that didn’t impact the cost of the machines were tables that were original IPs with no licensing hurdles. They are also multiple decades old when there were multiple players in the pinball space which had to have an impact on retail target prices and bills of materials.

Stern currently has little incentive to bring prices down if JJP and others are raising prices to new highs and still moving inventory.

#6121 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’ll stick with mine that my son and I made with a 3d printer. Comet led strips allow it to interact with the lighting effects.
[quoted image]

There is no way to compete with a father/son labor of love!

Nice job!

It must be quite the conversation piece!

#6127 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It really does not matter what you think and it does not matter what I think.. Topper sold out. In Australia it will be more like $3400 and that is if you were fast enough to get one. While there is so much demand, I think prices will keep going up.

This is sadly 100% true.

The only thing I see changing it would be the flooding of the market with competition and surplus inventory.

Until that happens the sky will be the limit.

I just hope that if it’s going to the manufacturers and not scalpers and opportunists then just maybe we’ll see more inventory, innovation, and better quality over time as they reinvest at least some of that.

The scalpers and opportunists literally add zero value other than driving up costs.

6 months later
#7248 11 months ago

Just wanted to say Toppers are definitely back in stock. The distributor I got my Mando from last year emailed me to tell me it was available so I locked in my order. Can’t wait!

#7257 11 months ago
Quoted from joecitizen:

Yeah I don't get the hate, such a fun season. Sacrifice of Paz was a definite highlight. Maybe people don't like the rise in prominence of Bo-Katan, but I am all about it.

My family liked it.

I kept pretending I didn’t know who Bo-katan was.

Every time a new character would pop up I’d go “hey it’s Bo-katan”.

Gotta say. The show makes me wanna play the pin and the pin makes me wanna watch the show.

2 weeks later
#7289 11 months ago

My topper shipped today

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,500 (OBO)
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.