Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beeloots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Got the call tonight!
I should be officially in the club next week!!!

Awesome! I got the email earlier today that mine shipped so I'll soon be in the club too! It's my first pin and definitely not my last.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’ll channel J85M here and remind you guys to get Cliffy protectors ordered for the left ramp ASAP!
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/mandalorian-base-v2-001.jpg

Thanks for the reminder! I sent an email to Cliffy just now. I created a to-do/shopping list based on posts on this thread and one of the other items I have listed for must haves before first playing is mylar to protect the shooter lane along with turning down the eject power. Is something like this all I need for that?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

That mylar will do the job. I also pickup Cliffy's shooter lane set for each game.

Thanks! Would that be the other pieces included in this set?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/mandalorian-base-v2-001.jpg

#4587 2 years ago

Since Mezel Mods has been out of stock of the upgrade kit I emailed PU Parts to see if they'd ship to the US but was directed back to Mezel. Mezel was included on the email thread and said they'd order more upgrade kits from PU Parts.

#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What do these upgrade kits include/fix?

I've seen it mentioned in this thread before. From the description: "This Mandalorian Pinball Upgrade kit improves and supports several parts on the game. These pieces help improve ramp performance, avoid airballs, upgrade the standup target performance and a variety of other improvements."

https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

#4605 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Their description is really vague, and when I ordered my kit I honestly didn’t understand what problems they tried to solve, so naturally I wanted to test it
The most universal improvement that people will likely experience is better flow on the left ramp. It’s not going to improve shots that are offset center and would normally clunk, but clean shots are butter smooth up the ramp.
Another nice optional upgrade is a 3D-printed bracket for anyone who has a left orbit guide that’s too steep. It will hold the guide in the intended position. However, do NOT install the bracket if your guide is already fine. I wish that was in the instructions.
There’s a washer for the right ramp that requires a fair amount of disassembly to install and, from what I can tell, hasn’t really improved problems with the ball hopping off the metal tongue into the air ball protector and rejecting clean shots. This part of the kit may or may not be worth the trouble.
There’s also a metal bracket to install behind the Razorcrest target. I’m still unsure what it’s supposed to solve. It did make the target heavier and feel more meaty and satisfying to hit. However, it was surprisingly hard to install, at least for me and my non-dexterous fingers. And the bracket fell off, along with the screw and nut, after a few hundred plays. I tightened that thing down hard, but I suspect the ball kept hitting the back side on its way down and would knock the bracket left and right, which probably loosened the nut over time.
Ultimately, since I didn’t see a problem this piece was addressing, and it was introducing its own issues, I didn’t re-install it.
Lastly, there’s some foam backing for stand up targets. I can see how they could theoretically improve their feel, but I haven’t installed them yet.
YMMV.

Thanks for the helpful review of the kit!

I received my machine yesterday and have played a few games, but not too many until my Cliffy's and other mods arrive. I noticed a number of airballs on the ambush area when playing at the arcade so the description on the kit stood out to me. I don't remember any airballs on my games yesterday, though I'm sure I'm going easier on the machine. I noticed on the left ramp the ball movement is often not smooth. When I play more games I'll be able to describe it better. It could be a matter of turning down flipper power slightly or going easier on the machine.

I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase but so far I love the machine and look forward to progressing on it. I was able to triple my highest score from the arcade just by not being distracted from the lights and sounds of other machines and people.

1 week later
#4663 2 years ago

Has anyone had their diverter blade break and replaced it? Mine is still the stock from my NIB but I proactively ordered one from Marco’s and was going to put it in expecting it to break at some point. I was attempting to remove it and I stripped the screw somewhat and don’t want to try again to get it off. It seems super tight and I’m not even sure it’s the right screw to replace it. I’m just assuming by the looks of it.

1 week later
#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I went with PinWoofer. Sounds great once you get it dialed in

+1 for PinWoofer. Sounds way better, even more so if you tweak the settings after the install.

2 weeks later
#4834 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm having some serious glass rattle from the bass in this game. Where can I buy anti rattle tape?

I bought a PinWoofer for my Mando and it included some tape for the glass. It looks like it's sold separately as well:

https://pinwoofer.com/playfield-glass-shake-reduction-tape/

#4838 1 year ago

For anyone wondering the turnaround time on Cliffy's, mine just shipped today. My order was invoiced and paid for on 3/18.

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

I ordered my just over a week ago and he told me at the time it would take about 3-4 weeks to manufacture and ship.

I meant to add that he also said he was 3 weeks behind when I was invoiced.

3 weeks later
#5034 1 year ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

We ended up putting a small washer on the bottom bolt to help tilt the steel ramp to the mini playfield up. Before that the ball got stuck everytime going up the encounter ramp onto the mini player field.
See below photo, just loosen the top bolt a little, then undo the bottom and slide a washer and screw bolts back, this lift the ramp up allowing ball to entr helmet.
[quoted image]

I tried this and can confirm that the ball no longer gets stuck. I tested it about 10 times. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#5134 1 year ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

So this is my first pin ever. I went in blind on buying my first pin. So excuse the layman's terms on this. But I have a few questions
1.) I've noticed that like 3 out of 4 times, the ball doesn't even have enough power to get to my flipper in the top right playfield (pro model). It either just rolls straight down from the ramp or doesn't get pushed close enough to the flipper to even get some hits on it. Is it supposed to be this way? I can't even complete encounters because 3/4 times the ball doesn't even get to the flipper for me to hit it.
2.) Do you guys consider this to be a newbie friendly game? I ask this because if so, I can't handle the stress of other pins then lol. I feel like the layout, when it hits the bottom bumpers, is just prone to have the ball go to the outer lanes and there's nothing I can do. Like it hits an angle perfectly after it hits the bumper and shoots out of bounds. Or if trying for the razer crest, sometimes it just falls back down straight where I'd really have to push the machine to get it in play again. So is this just normal in the pin world where yeah, physics just screw you up sometimes? Might be a stupid question but I am getting frustrated where I have good games (for me) and the third ball, it just hits the bumper, bounces a few times, then bounces out of bounds with nothing I can do.

Do you know what your pitch is set to? For the first point this seems like it could be pitch related. A good pitch is around 6.5 degrees. I have it set to 6 because to answer your second point, I don’t find this game to be newbie friendly. I still have fun with it but it’s definitely hard and frustrating at times for the reasons you point out.

Because it’s hard, you’ll read in other posts that it forces you to take your time with shots. This includes practicing live catches, backhanding the horseshoe ramp and the foundry scoop. I had very minimal ability with those things prior to owning this game and have been able to get better at them. I have the same experience with a missed shot up the middle coming back down the middle and if the ball bounces off the top part of the bumper it will likely find itself in the outer lane. It’s frustrating but I’ve tried to work on my reaction time so that I can nudge it when does either of those things and maybe lets me keep it in play for a little while longer. For comparison my high score is around 300 mil with the outlines on easy, the pitch at 6 and everything else default difficulty.

1 week later
#5198 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Anyone tried increasing the sling power to mitigate outlane drains? Balls arching off a sling into the opposing outlane is killing me, so I tried raising sling power to 40. I'm it's too early to tell and needs more testing on my end, but curious if anyone else tried it and what power that found to be ideal. My pitch is currently 7.0.

I cut it in half from the factory setting (30->15?) and my Outland drains from the sling have gone down quite a lot. The logic with halving it being that if it hits the lower sling it will still undershoot the outline versus raising the sling power and having the issue of draining in the outline when it hits lower on the sling.

1 month later
#5580 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I hear a lot of new callouts and some lamp effects in the missions.

I wonder if this means callouts in the final wizard mode. I’ve heard people mention it was lacking. Maybe someone can try the debug mode for it and report back.

Edit: I don’t see the debug mode in the service menu anymore so it looks to maybe be removed in this update which means I need to “Play better” if I want to see if there are new callouts and hear them.

Oddly enough I’m waiting on a new power board for my sound mod so I have no sound at the moment to be able to try it.

1 week later
#5675 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

All I wanna know… is “I have spoken” in there?

It is! He says it at the menu before you start a game and are running through the menus.

3 weeks later
#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

I need to replace the diverter but it just spins the entire post. Any truck to getting this off?

I tried to remove it at some point to replace it with the one from Marco’s thinking it was destined to break. All I did was strip the screw. It didn’t break so I’ve left it for now but thought about retrying with vice grips on the black part where the screw is. It must have some lock tite in there.

1 month later
#5945 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Hey guys, joined the club today. Drove down to Next Level Pinball and picked up this Premium model. The whole family loves the show and we're all excited to have this game in our home. So far everyone has been able to start a multiball, which is great. Gotta have the moments available even for novice players. Looking forward to exploring the code and getting this machine nice and dialed in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Next Level is such a great spot. I spent at least 6 hours there and completely lost track of the time.

3 weeks later
#6234 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was hoping that might happen.
Did the AIQ topper mode (gem something) get released to everyone on IC?

I seem to recall seeing that mode on someone’s stream and they said they didn’t have the topper.

2 months later
#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone tell me what feature adjustment #31 does?
Multi ball always enabled ??
Do I want this on off ?
As far as changing slingshot posts highly recommended
I will have to say I changed the Star posts to the pinball life smaller posts and what a difference backhanding!!

It means you don’t have to complete a Hunter in order to progress the next multiball after you complete one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 22.95
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beeloots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=beeloots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.