Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider armychris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4696 2 years ago

About to finalize my purchase for a Mando Pro as my first pin ever.

Is it true that it needs a bit of mods/upgrades?

Such as new flippers, new rubbers, and parts to protect the left ramp from breaking? Is there anything else I need?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#4698 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Get the part for the ramp for sure. The other stuff is personal preference I think. I find the out of box flippers and rubbers just fine for now.

Good point. I guess I'll try it first and see how it goes Thanks!

And thanks to whoever posted the link to buy the parts for the ramp:

https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Last thing I want on my first pin is for it to break right away lol

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Congrats! Mando pro was my first pin too. I love it and I bet you'll love yours too.
I've done a bunch of mods, but I feel like in order of necessity it goes cliffy ramp guards, grogubot, wizblades, foundry, and everything else feels subjective. I did add a washer to my uturn to prevent it from cutting into the playfield, so that's worth considering too.

Thanks!

Yeah I've seen posts on the foundry, I'll definitely look into that too. Seems to get a lot of love on here.

Is there a good site to buy the cliffy ramp guards from? I think they're out of stock at https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm but he hasn't got back to me yet so not sure.

Quoted from freddy:

Shaker! Best mod! Game is coded well for it.

Is it?! I'll have to look into it then. I can see a shaker mod being great in a game like JP with the T-Rex. Guess I'll have to look into it more then, thanks

Quoted from acedanger:

Best mod by far......Logans wireforms makes a pro feel more like premium an absolute must!!

Just googled it (found his pinside ad) and yeah those look so much better. Thanks for the heads up on his stuff!

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

100% this.
Wireforms are by far the best investment for the pro.

If I get the wireforms, do I need to worry about purchasing the accessories by cliffys to protect the plastic ramp that seems to be prone to breaking? Not sure if that part would still be there after doing the wireforms.

1 week later
#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Just throw the Cliffy’s on, its cheap insurance

There's a 4 week wait for his though (

3 weeks later
#4971 1 year ago

So this is my first pin and I'm still getting used to having a pin and working on it.

I see people say 6.5 level is a good level.

At 6.5 my bubble on the machine is a little below the middle line.

To get the machine bubble in the middle it puts the level at 7.5.

Is my bubble just off on the machine or am I over thinking this and should just go with what I feel is best for it?

3 weeks later
#5132 1 year ago

So this is my first pin ever. I went in blind on buying my first pin. So excuse the layman's terms on this. But I have a few questions

1.) I've noticed that like 3 out of 4 times, the ball doesn't even have enough power to get to my flipper in the top right playfield (pro model). It either just rolls straight down from the ramp or doesn't get pushed close enough to the flipper to even get some hits on it. Is it supposed to be this way? I can't even complete encounters because 3/4 times the ball doesn't even get to the flipper for me to hit it.

2.) Do you guys consider this to be a newbie friendly game? I ask this because if so, I can't handle the stress of other pins then lol. I feel like the layout, when it hits the bottom bumpers, is just prone to have the ball go to the outer lanes and there's nothing I can do. Like it hits an angle perfectly after it hits the bumper and shoots out of bounds. Or if trying for the razer crest, sometimes it just falls back down straight where I'd really have to push the machine to get it in play again. So is this just normal in the pin world where yeah, physics just screw you up sometimes? Might be a stupid question but I am getting frustrated where I have good games (for me) and the third ball, it just hits the bumper, bounces a few times, then bounces out of bounds with nothing I can do.

#5146 1 year ago

Dang. I appreciate all the replies to my post! Didn't think I'd get such replies.

So smokinhos , Beeloots , ChrisLIX , Medic , Apinjunkie , scootss , freddy , OB1Kenobi , I just want to say I appreciate the time to reply to my post and give advice/feedback.

I don't want to quote everyone of you because then it would make my reply super huge, lol.

But I just want to say I read every one of your posts. I did not know I could adjust the slingshot strength and adjust the playfield to make the out of bounds smaller, so thanks to whoever said that. I put the slingshot to the absolute minimum, because going from the 20's it was at, to even 15 for example, I hardly noticed a difference lol. Only the minimum felt easier to me.

And ChrisLIX , here is where my flipper is, I did not know it could be an issue: https://imgur.com/a/XSSj6fW

And thanks to whoever said I could take off the gate for the upper right playfield ball. I will be doing that this weekend

So yeah, thanks for such an awesome and helpful community here!

4 months later
#6129 1 year ago

So mando is my first pin and still love it. However, I feel like the flippers are getting weaker. I up the strength and still something seems off. I have around 500 plays on it, but IIRC, the manual doesn't talk about replacing the coils until much later.

Is this a coil problem and should I just replace them? Or is it getting too hot and I need those fans I've seen on here? I wouldn't think the latter because I only play for around 20 min a time.

#6132 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Likely neither. Order some of these to replace the cheap ones Stern uses.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Oh that's cheap as it is. Thanks! I'll order a few

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Or swollen sleeves

Are you referring to the rubbers on the flipper with sleeves? Sorry, still new to this life >.<

#6135 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Coil sleeves - the plastic tube that goes inside the coil that allows the plunger to slide easily. They get worn after a while and it’s worth’s changing them every so often……
https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html
Easy to change out when you’re changing the backstop - flipper should feel like new again after changing both.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help!

1 month later
#6533 1 year ago

Is the side armor even made anymore? I randomly look at least once I week it feels like, and every place is still sold out of it.

#6535 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

There was one at the Expo. I might know of one for sale let me reach out tomorrow and I will let you know!

Appreciate it!

1 week later
#6573 1 year ago

For those with the topper, do you tilt yours at an angle somewhat?

I'm 5'11" and with mine installed, about 20% of the bottom is not viewable.

I can't see the bottom hologram information at all such as the beskar.

#6576 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Did yours ship with a wedge? Or is it sitting flat on top of the backbox?
They are supposed to ship with a wedge assembly to get it more aligned with the player’s view, I know at least one person posted about their topper not including a wedge initially.

Quoted from thekaiser82:

Did you get the wedge with it? I am 5’9” but have no issues seeing all of it with the wedge installed.

Oh for real? I'll double check the box but I don't believe it did.

This is a life changer then haha. I was like..how are people viewing this and enjoying it? It's like trying to watch tv on a huge mantle when laying on the floor.

#6577 1 year ago

Doh, you guys are awesome. The wedge was in the box. So glad I didn't throw it away! I just got too excited originally and installed it without the manual and checking the box more thoroughly.

10 months later
#7601 5 months ago

So uh....I recently purchased side armor for it. Are we really expected to drill holes for it? Is this common for all side armors for Stern games?

20231029_134013 (resized).jpg20231029_134013 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 22.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider armychris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=armychris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.