IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago

I’m in for the LE. Looks pretty fun.

#129 2 years ago

I was told that my LE would be shipping next week FYI.

2 weeks later
#338 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

its no worse than in the back of a truck, or in a container, or in some distribution center. It will be fine.

I was thinking the same thing. I live in Arizona and I get NIB pins from the back of trucks which are probably 120 degrees easy. I can’t imagine it is the best climate for a machine, but I suspect it would take a few months at that temp to actually hurt it.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I played a pro yesterday and I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm tempted to buy one from my local distributor. Are the playfields holding up from stern these days?

I find the playfields on Stern and American pinball to be excellent. Spooky has a good one with Rick and Morty, but TNA was a mess. I don’t have any experience with JJP, but things on the forum don’t look great.

1 week later
#555 2 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

I just have the same picture I posted before, attached again here. I just put two zip ties trough the hole and around the bottom part of the diverter. I just tried out of desperation, but it has done surprisingly well. It has had almost 300 plays on it with the zip tie solution.[quoted image]

Does the ball just rattle over them?

#583 2 years ago

Just unboxed LE 713. Where is that ball guide that digs into the playfield? All of my ball guides are raised.

2 weeks later
#822 2 years ago

I’ve finally had some time to really get into the LE and I like it, but I do feel that Stern either rushed the release or failed to test it properly. I’m going to list the issues I am having just to see if they are common. I know some of the top ones are:

- Ball clunks out of the shooter lane. Looks light it is going left then right.
- Orbits are not smooth. Particularly that area by Grogu with the metal post.
- Grogu event (magnet) can throw the ball back into the right orbit.
- Grogu event (magnet) can throw the ball directly down the center drain.
- Encounter diverter fails to catch the ball and rebounds it back down the ramp.
- Ball impacts plastic/flasher when cleanly hit up center ramp around Grogu.
- Right ramp ball guide is not well fitted into the plastic. Should be a screw.
- Scoop rejects shots often. Feels “shallow” compared to other scoops.
- Upper playfield can reject the ball on top of the right ramp plastic. There is no guide to ensure the ball drains into the chosen area.

So far I haven’t done much to fix things. I did put foal on the inside of the diverter to prevent that bounce back…I don’t really notice much difference.

Like I said, I like the game. Hopefully this doesn’t come across as negative. I think all of this can be improved, we just need some creative mods or Stern support. Let me know if you are having similar issues.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

FYI: This is what could happen to your Manda encounter ramp if that gap between the ramp and protector isn't corrected. Might be able to put some type of foam between there or dremel the protector hole so can slide it closer to the ramp so the ball dont hit it on the way down. On a pro with around 100 plays.
If you take a close look at the picture and look at the gap between the protector and the ramp it could be the cause. More likely its the ball hitting the protector and it bending to the ramp that is stressing it to break off.
[quoted image]

If I were to take the metal off and bend it such that it makes solid contact with the ramp do you think I could spare myself this eventual break?

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

May need to check the screws that hold the upper playfield plastic down. All of them were loose. The upper left screw fell out while I was playing and rolled towards the flippers. Further inspection I noticed a smaller black screw was missing on the front end of the angle brackets. For the life of me I cannot find this screw.
[quoted image]

Interesting…my game came with one of those screws at the bottom of the box. I didn’t see any of them missing. Maybe I go yours?

#874 2 years ago

I decided to use a small piece of lockdown bar foam (beer seal) under the left orbit plastic. I realized that it is basically just hovering there with no attachment to that rail. This has completely eliminated the chunkiness I would get off of a smooth center ramp shot. The ball now glides under the plastic and no longer smacks into it.

IMG_0666 (resized).JPEGIMG_0666 (resized).JPEGIMG_0667 (resized).JPEGIMG_0667 (resized).JPEG
#875 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Officially part of the owners group, my premium was delivered today!
Just finished moving it into the basement…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If that door actually closes when you push those buttons I declare you win the internet for today!

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Nice forms. I just found this thread. I do not see supports on the upper part of the ramps? If they are just resting in the plastic ramps they will slowly destroy your ramp inserts. The smaller wireform turn around rocks that alot. On my first run of forms I had no mounts on top. They dug into the cut out from vibrations. See pictures. Very cool looking forms! If you have nothing locking them in place up top I would suggest a mount.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This design Stern used is absolute garbage. I can't believe that they decided this was a good solution!

#1083 2 years ago

Has anyone else experienced an issue where the post stays up for super skill shots? I’ll be holding the left flipper, but instead of keeping the post doe, it will pop up as the ball makes the turn.

I also had a weird issue tonight where the mini playfield dropped the ball for the first encounter while it was in the full upright position. It didn’t wait to raise it like it normally does.

#1105 2 years ago

Does anyone else frequently hit a bank shot behind the lowered right scoop on the premium/LE? I seem to get a ball stuck there about once every 10 games. It is interesting…I al,ost feel like they could code in some special logic like it is an unplanned ball lock.

3 weeks later
#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I noticed this plastic on my NIB Mando was raised up on the end slightly...they must have started putting something under this plastic to raise it. Build date 7/22/21.

That is interesting. Could you give us a peak at what they are hiding in there? The foam has been working just fine for me, but maybe there is a better solution.

1 week later
#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Blimey !
I didn’t remove half that stuff to get my protector on and certainly didn’t remove the mini playfield!
I just put it into the vertical position, it took me an hour to fit both protectors

I’m down for tips if you want to PM me. I haven’t done mine yet because it just looks frustrating on this game. I do really love the protectors though and I can vouch for how amazing they are for games you put on location. (Not an advertisement or endorsement, just a comment/opinion).

2 months later
#2772 2 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with balls sticking under the diverter coil at the back of the game? I’ve had this happen a couple of times now and I am unsure of the cause. Perhaps my balls are becoming magnetized?

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Just had this happen to me tonight.I think it was magnetization at work as well.

My balls were definitely magnetized. I changed them out and I’ll monitor the situation.

#2872 2 years ago

I finally put my playfield protector on and during the process I noticed a couple of empty plugs labeled C2. Based on their location, could these be for the “second child”? Not to start a rumor, but I always wondered if Stern planned something as an add on. There are additional screw holes behind Grogu as well.

6EF4EFD9-590B-4A38-ACCB-C961B71FC8DE (resized).jpeg6EF4EFD9-590B-4A38-ACCB-C961B71FC8DE (resized).jpegE0E34619-B8DD-405D-9AE9-F7F62878991E (resized).jpegE0E34619-B8DD-405D-9AE9-F7F62878991E (resized).jpeg
#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That's really strange...can't be intentional. Can anyone verify if they can do Super Skill shot with Grogu lit? To be clear if Grogu is lit and I don't hold left flipper button on plunge the post will come up...

I can’t figure out the rules of super skill shot at all. It feels like sometimes it works, others it doesn’t. :/

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I consistently get them. Works like this -
The left flipper must be held before a shot to the U-Turn is made, followed by a right ramp shot and then one of three final shots within 5 seconds

If you hold the left flipper and plunge you get the chance for super skill shot every time?

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What Mando version did you put the protector on? Make sure you have the correct protector, if getting from playfield-protectors. The earlier ones were ill fitting and changed after I mentioned it to them. Did you install the mini playfield protector? There's a frequent hangup where the ball stops before getting on the mini playfield due to the protector edge. There's also a hang up on the ball guide behind the foundry. If you have the earlier protector the right orbit in the back of the mini playfield is not fully covered and a weak plunge will result in a ball hung from the protector edge trapping it. The earlier one was way off in the drain hole area as well but no ball hang up there, just required separate protection with mylar and a Cliffy.

Great call outs! I have the LE. I haven’t noticed anything yet and I put a decent amount of play on it last night. I’ll inspect those areas.

1 month later
#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Long time in the making for the LE owners.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p229/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod.html
Shooter rods and plates still available and ship within 24hrs of order.
Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are they quiet? I’ve had some issues with that EL material making a whining noise.

5 months later
#5412 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue where the grogu magnet fires to catch the ball, but no longer knocks it around.

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

on my machine magnet catches the ball, then drops it down the middle lane (I- letter). My expectation was the magnet would swirl the ball before dropping, but no, doesn't happen. Game code is V1.20.0.

Yeah, mine used to fire to grab the ball and then shake it around violently. Recently it just gave up on the second part which is no fun. I don’t know how to fix it .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.