Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4633 2 years ago

Just joined the club!

5DD02165-0D8B-4E97-AC30-01D34F106347.jpeg5DD02165-0D8B-4E97-AC30-01D34F106347.jpeg
#4653 2 years ago

Just finished up a decent game…love how you build up the playfield multiplier and keep it going. What a fun challenge and really pays off if you can start a mini Wiz mode with 5x.

A6DED2DB-19B1-498D-8969-09E233BB5E43.jpegA6DED2DB-19B1-498D-8969-09E233BB5E43.jpegB07A0924-6012-44BA-8FAF-FEB85699DBA9.jpegB07A0924-6012-44BA-8FAF-FEB85699DBA9.jpeg
#4668 2 years ago

So far I’m really enjoying this pin and especially the playfield multiplier. I’m hoping the next code update will weed out some of the bugs, like when the skill shot lights child and starts it at the same time. I would also love to see a super jackpot high score added. It’s just really fun to juice up the multiplier, start a multiball and try to double the super with the flamethrower. I think I had a 460 million super during jet multiball…felt awesome to cash in.

16EDA4BC-30A8-487D-BE59-971692CF19C1.jpeg16EDA4BC-30A8-487D-BE59-971692CF19C1.jpeg7343E36A-85C4-4016-80EC-256E1B39B06A.jpeg7343E36A-85C4-4016-80EC-256E1B39B06A.jpeg
#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Curious myself, wondering if you have to play around midnight.

That’s what it seems like it’s going to possibly be. A midnight madness mode for Mando would be cool.

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Finally got all playfield multipliers lit and hit a multiball with flamethrower. Shots were 36mil a piece. Was fun!
Sadly couldn't keep it going to break a billion.

Man getting all the playfield multipliers stacked is a very satisfying feeling. I love starting jetpack with all multipliers going and using my flamethrower on the super jackpot…big points!

#4740 2 years ago

That’s a good guess…I didn’t think of the topper but Stern definitely likes to add modes to some of the toppers.

#4743 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Based on what Zack said in his podcast a couple months back, this topper will certainly have a dedicated mode. Stern has only done that previously on Jurassic Park I believe.

AIQ also had one…when you collect/light all the stones on the topper you get a special multiball.

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don't want this to come off as complaining, but do others find this game as frustrating as I do? Miss a shot and it's in outlane, hit the slings and it's in the outlane. Just when I get something going, it's in the outlane. I'm on factory outlane settings and 7 degree pitch, hesitate to move the outlane posts in. It's so brutal, to the point of wanting to sell it, which I really don't want to do, but I just may do it. Just played like 10 games, high was 187, but most were like 10-40 mil. My high i think is around 400 mil. When you do have that one great game, it's really satisfying and it does have that push the start button one more time feel to it, but man is it a frustrating game. It's as if the geometry is off, forcing the ball to the outlane more than any other game I've played. Likely because the shots are just too close.
One question, what are the ways to collect Beskar? TILT forum rules say hunter, scope and mystery...anything else?

Hunter is the quickest and most consistent way to earn Beskar but as you read on TILT forum the child(mystery)and scope will also give you a decent chunk of Beskar…but at random. If you really want to maximize your Beskar during a Hunter mode try hitting the ramp that’s flashing orange(opposite side of the lite orbit shot)to build up your Beskar before you finish Hunter. I love Hunter because it lets you decide to be greedy or safe and if you choose to be greedy it will help you to buy cool stuff in the foundry. If you just want to get a high score I suggest working on getting all multipliers running at the same time…then try to start jetpack multiball(my favorite or any multiball)and try to maximize you super jackpot(50 mil is max for jetpack)when you drain down to one ball shoot that super jackpot… but don’t forget to use your flamethrower to add to your multiplier. This shot and build up of the shot is one of the best in pinball IMHO…it also feels really rewarding to collect.

82BC03F9-7C48-432E-B252-EB9A7D96ABD5.jpeg82BC03F9-7C48-432E-B252-EB9A7D96ABD5.jpeg
#4781 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, so I see the multiplier number in the upper right of the screen, can you explain what it means? I rarely look up when playing.

That’s the timer for your multiplier which you can keep adding time by hitting the Boba Fett targets.

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, so I see the multiplier number in the upper right of the screen, can you explain what it means? I rarely look up when playing.

To start your multipliers you will need to complete Hunter…complete a scope shot…and hitting the Boba Fett targets which can be started at anytime but Hunter and Scope get locked out during multiball and modes.
I always try to start Hunter and/or Scope then start a mode and bring in a multiball and Boba Fett last since it’s the only time me you can start during modes and multiballs.

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I tend to take the whistling birds smart bomb as my first choice.

Try grabbing armor for your first choice at the foundry since it gives you extra time on all you ball saves and it will last the whole game. I usually go for that first then the helmet(add-a-ball during multiball)and then I work on my extra ball. That’s what’s cool about the foundry so many different ways to spend that hard earned Beskar.

#4804 2 years ago

I replaced all my rubber with perfect play clear on the playfield and I have orange super bands on the flippers. Stern black rubber is just cheap and dirty but I’ll have to say the perfect play and super bands really add a lot of ball spin. Perfect play flipper rubber wear out too quick so I usually pass on them when it comes to my flippers. My game is set at 7.3(at the flippers) and I also turned the sling coils up to 50 just to give this game a real fast pace feel. I can backhand the right ramp but I can’t backhand the left ramp even with a fan set up in the cabinet to keep my flipper coils cool. If you’re not enjoying your game the way it’s setup then I would change it…especially if was making me think I need to sell it. It’s your game so tweak it until it fits your playing style…This is the way!

1 month later
#5201 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

So... Start mission, start multiball and fire flamethrower? Are encounters a waste? I might need to watch the tutorial sooner than later

Flamethrower is pretty powerful if you use it to cash in on a juicy super jackpot during multiball…with a multiplier(or 2 or 3)stacked it can turn into a big cash out.

#5203 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

How do I switch between items when I'm playing?
Are multipliers from the boba Fett targets?

That’s one of the 3 multipliers you can shoot for and the easiest to get. Getting a scope shot(after you qualify it)will give you another multiplier and completing a Hunter mode(after you start it)will also give you a multiplier.

3 weeks later
#5391 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

I had something similar with Pre/LE. I was playing that same 3rd level and next thing I knew I was in regular play but with multi-ball.

I’ve experienced this once also but haven’t came across that bug again…but if I recall correctly it was the same set up that caused the bug like you guys mentioned.

3 weeks later
#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

Yep, I still stand by that, gameplay-wise. It doesn't change the fact that the game is the prettiest one I have in my collection (LE). I was also puzzled by the fact that the Mando premium at CAX had a much lower pitch on the upper playfield than mine and you could actually hang around up there for a quite a while. It actually made a tad bit more fun.

Wow man isn’t that being a bit too harsh on Mando…this game is far from a turd IMHO. What’s so horrible about it to you, the coding or the shot layout or maybe both?

#5601 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

It's the "premium" features that annoy me the most. I have the magnet turned off. The upper PF is just too flimsy to play on, granted, the premium I played this weekend had a much leaner upper PF. The drop-down scoop is just an annoyance that gets exponentially harder to hit the more flipper fatigue the game gets. And WTH in Ambush anyway that locks you out of everything?
The game is also riddled with bugs, especially around the upper PF when the ball just dribbled through without anything activating when the balls enter. Far too many times when you drain the upper PF does the game think you're still in the upper PF and you must shoot the ball back up there to bonk it on its head.
There's only one thing you can play for, mission and multiball stack. And one multiball per ball because WTH has the stomach to nail a hunter, then get the hurry-up and then start to make progress against next MB? One one ball?
I wouldn't be able to complete encounter even if I dedicate my three balls for it. I got to the multiball wizard prior to the code change, I will never see that happen in the current iteration.
My biggest peeve is that the game just gets exponentially harder the deeper you get into it when it should be at least linear, that makes me lose my interest, especially if you bricked your first two missions and a multiball or two with less than 100M on the board. It just makes me want to start a new game.
The beskar is unobtainium, there should be an abundance of earnings to spend with. Rewardwise I only think I ever bought Amban Rifle and start mission. Maybe the one that lights the next mode on the razorcrest (MB or hurry-up)
When you complete the super skill shot, it STARTS the mission instead of just lighting it and you get punished playing an MB without a mission. Completing the super skill should either light it or start the MB + mission to not lock you out of the fundamental strategy of scoring on the game.
Sure, we can argue all day that I can install super easy or what not but I like to play my games how they're set up for tournaments.
Pro is the way to go on this game with the homemade wireforms. Too bad the LE looks so much better and I look at my games more than I play them these days anyway... so, play better I guess.
This is just from the top of my head, I bet I have more peeves if I would be in front of the game. I'll get off my high horse now.

Ok you don’t like the lol. I agree the bugs in this game should be squashed ASAP. I think scoring on this game is pretty easy with all the multipliers at your finger tips. It’s really up to the player to use them as needed and once you get to 5x all you have to do is hit the boba fett targets(every so often)and you can keep it running as long as you want. If I’m trying to kill this game(score wise)it’s all about the multiplier and it definitely pays off. I also like the risk reward factor of the multipliers. As far as beskar goes it’s also up to the player during Hunter to be greedy and rack up beskar or safe and just time it out or hit two orbit shots and move on. Ambush is definitely the weakest part on the this game but has the bones to be worthwhile if better prizes are added to it. Scope is pretty cool and is worth going for to get that multiplier and a free gift. This game has awesome mini wizard modes and that’s a plus for me since it gives me motivation to keep pressing start. All in all this game has that one feeling for me and the close shots definitely help to sharpen your aim IMHO. The first thing I buy in the foundry is the shield, you get extra ball save time during multiball for the rest of the game…best bang for your buck. Sucks you’re not enjoying your Mando but maybe if you trade it out for a pro it might change your mind…I have a pro and I’m really enjoying it.

#5613 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I think Mando is a pin that really has to be good dialed in. I am used to my own, it did need just some minor adjustments when I got it. Right ramp, U-turn shot, even left ramp and scoop are good to go backhand with a good shot and punishing when missed. I think, that is how it should be and gameplay is different and very good in that case. The Pin is much fun that way.
I played three different Mandos on location and was disappointed by the gameplay on two of them (one was okay). Backhand shots were only possible on scoop, all other shots were just makeable forehand. Completely different to play, in my opinion a lot worse and not like it should be. Can't say exactly what was the problem, maybe flipper alignment/power adjustment, maybe the playfield protector on two of them (the bad ones...), maybe something other. Before you judge about that game, please make sure, it plays like it should be.

Not being able to backhand the shots could of been caused by broken coil stops…I just had to change all 3 on my machine. If you haven’t checked your stops or changed out the wimpy Stern ones…there’s a good chance they are broken

#5620 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You replace your stops too?

If can’t backhand the ramps there’s a few main things to check that play a big part in backhanding. First check your coil stops, next check your flipper bat alignment to make sure they are lined up with the factory holes, the other part that plays a big part would be your playfield pitch. Flipper fade will also play a part, but only after 20/30 minutes of continuous play. My game is at 7.1 degrees at my flippers and I can backhand but after 20/30 minutes it definitely gets harder. I also use a 8” fan in my cabinet to blow air directly on my flipper coils. Hope this helps man.

#5622 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I can backhand the left ramp and scoop and Uturn just fine. The right ramp...like 20 percent of the time.

That sounds like you’re good to go.

1 week later
#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

other ask about rules & the RC HURRY UP : suppose this is under timer !? if yes, cant see it on the screen
how is it build ? as sometimes i get 2 quick shoots and its over, sometimes i have a lot (lot) more time and can make 6 or 7 shoots

I believe it’s related to the playfield multiplier. The higher your multiplier equals more RC shots during the hurry up.

#5690 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and after few games seems that's correct
for what i've seen the base is 2 shoots, than each triangle lit seems to make these X2, thats should give 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 shoots max
btw, another freeze/reset this time in the bonus count

That’s not good…I really enjoy this game but it’s in need of some attention to squash out all these bugs. I’ve played a few games with the new Cade installed but I haven’t had a freeze/reset yet… but now that I mentioned this I’m sure it’ll happen on my next game I play.

#5721 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i would say Mando is quite easy on the base things, but once you're in the mini-wizards, its not the same story (and thats a good point for sure)

I totally agree with this! Getting the mini wizard modes ready to play is pretty easy….but to finish them and light “This Is The Way” is a whole extra level of concentration. I think that’s why I really enjoy Mando so much. It gives you just enough each game to make you think your close to the main wizard mode but then the carpet gets pulled out from underneath you. This usually leads to hitting the start button “just one more time”.

3 months later
#6550 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

I have a lepy 168 that I want to install in Mando. My question is since there is no service port to plug in for my 110. Is there anywhere to get 110v instead of plugging the amp into a different outlet. Thanks
[quoted image]

You could run an extension cord(from the service plug that’s in the back box)and feed it down into the cabinet. That’s what I do to power my small fan that keep my flippers cool when I feel like a marathon game.

2 months later
#6970 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Hey guys, after almost two weeks of owning this title, I’m liking it a lot more than I expected.
I almost got to the final wizard mode last night (This Is The Way) - Wondering what I missed though; I got to Precious Cargo (RC) and I Like Those Odds (missions) - You Have What I Want (encounters) was lit/flashing on the playfield, but I couldn’t start it… the left ramp never lit up to start like other encounters do.
I hit a few shots to try and light it - but then lost it. Haven’t played the game long enough to know how to re-light various modes.
What was I missing? How do you relight encounters?
So close!

Just have to hit the left ramp enough times to light encounters again…might be 4 times on the last encounter.

2 weeks later
#7000 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

my mando on location already has 2k plays ;
What kind of things do I need to replace at this interval?
So far I changed the coil stops they were literally falling apart . I change balls every 500 games ; wipe the playfield down once a month or two;
What else is there to look at around 2k plays;
Thank you

Not much else to do…maybe rotate all your rubber rings especially in the high traffic areas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,900 (Firm)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=Wildbill327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.