Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

For the record
If stern makes a mando topper that is not IG-11
Then the need to re-think their audience. Would be a missed Opportunity for a fantastic topper!

Any word if there is even a topper in the works? I’ve seen nothing mentioned from Stern regarding topper. Don’t recall them ever going this long after release to announce. Even Star Wars you knew there was one coming for what 2 years before a picture was shown.

#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Don't you think it would be big opportunity missed on sterns part considering how HOT toppers are in today’s market!

Yeah it would be a huge miss, just surprised it hasn’t been announced like every other topper prior to it.

#1402 2 years ago

Anyone have other ideas for a topper besides the IG-11?
Might be too similar to the r2 and would likely use the same motor/mech. They had some issues with those.

1 month later
#2266 2 years ago

Anyone have the retrofurbs or wizard side blades installed that can post a photo?

Both look better than Sterns to me

3 months later
#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

For those looking to remove or relocate insider connected, check out the before and after on my apron below. The apron cards and triangle insert were created by Mr_Tantrum . I'm not opposed to insider connected, I just don't like how it looks in the apron. I may relocate it to the coin door eventually.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks amazing! Is that a sticker right over the IC?

#3709 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Nope. It's on the Premium version on the production units.
There has been an inversion since the images of the press release.

Perhaps but any new or recent build that has the IC apron will not have this so I’m guessing going forward nobody will.

#3713 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

It's not a sticker, it's a color photo print. I removed the insider connected reader and installed it from the underneath, just like the plastic on the other side. The backlighting makes it look great, you really cant tell it's not a plastic. I cut out a clear plastic backing to hold it in. Here is a photo from the underside. [quoted image]

So other than buying the art and clear plastic backing any other components needed?

How did you get it all to stay in place?

#3716 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Nothing else needed. I drilled holes in the clear backing for the 3 apron screw posts that you can see in the photo. Once the screws are tightened down, it doesn't move.

Plastic more of a acrylic or something thinner?

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:Aren’t you guys afraid that if you put the QR reader in the coin door that it will fry your balls over time?

I’m just planning to remove the IC, screw it don’t want it.

#3787 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

There's a rumor on Facebook that something is coming for Mando tomorrow. Indicates it is not the topper, but something bigger. I have no idea what the hell it might be.

TPN podcast yesterday mentioned topper ready and to be released any day now and it’s going to sell more machines it’s that good. That’s what Zach said.
My money is on topper release!

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Insider connected support finally? Rumour has it also that we will be seeing the topper soon and if we thought the BKSOR topper was amazing, well....buckle up.

Is insider connected really considerd bigger than a topper that is going to generate revenue for them?

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Maybe Stern is announcing a replacement art plastic to put over the IC reader that they'll sell for $200 a pop

Lol...I’m officially in on a Mando Premium, ditched the Rush Pro order. Great Music but something just seems off on that one for me. Can’t pinpoint what it is though.

First thing I’m doing with Mando is removing the hunk of shit IC black eye to the apron!

#3798 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Book of Boba Fett series finale today, announcement on the Mando machine tomorrow...
A bit of irresponsible, wild speculation: Could this mean some "beyond Season 2" content for the machine?

This would be cool but season 3 of Mando doesn’t premier until late fall of 2022.

#3801 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

By just numbering all the sub modes on the playfield and not specifically naming them on the playfield this gives them flexibility to swap content as needed. So maybe we do get content updates as the shows continue?

Some Boba Fett content would be cool, could those targets on the right be used for more?

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Interesting idea. Light some boba fett multipliers and hit some other shots and play a boba fett mini mode themed on the boba fett series?

That would be sick, I’m two episodes behind but being that Mando has made a crossover appearance I think it could work.

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

If it is a Mando home pin, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

This is a understatement

#3820 2 years ago

What would this have to do with Mando though?

#3829 2 years ago

Any idea when this announcement is supposed to take place?

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:I heard from one of the distros, it's supposed to be topper news for Mando, Godzilla and one other title. Can't remember the other one, as those are the only ones that matter right now to me.will see

Hopefully today!

#4064 2 years ago

Premium being delivered today, can’t wait!

#4085 2 years ago

What’s everyone doing with IC decal on the head? Not interested in the wizard panel so either a decal or yank it off.

#4101 2 years ago

I was expecting to hear some “ this is the way” and “ I have spoken “ callouts. Don’t recall hearing any, are they in the code?

#4111 2 years ago

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with horseshoe shot registering consistently? I’m assuming it’s just the rollover switch?

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Got so close to finally setting up my Mando last night. Reached the final item on my checklist: install Cliffy’s ramp protectors. And then I realized I don’t have a wrench small enough to fit in the space around the lock nuts on the ramp.
Now I’m waiting for Amazon to deliver a super thin wrench set today.
This is the delay…

I have a 1/22 build that has ramp protectors from factory on both ramps, are these not doing the job?

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Apparently not. I was told that the break can happen up beyond the factory protectors. I put on Cliffy's and they are definitely longer and nicer.

Ok good to know

#4148 2 years ago

Anyone find the shaker a little too intense, Is there a way to make it more mild?

Never had this issue before.

#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did you buy the shaker? Some are stronger than others

It’s the stern spike 2 shaker from pinball life

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

At least the pinball life one I have I could adjust the weight on one end to reduce the intensity. I need to do it for the one I have in Godzilla, damn thing feels like my floor is going to collapse.

How exactly do you adjust? When I ordered I figured it was the same shaker stern uses.

#4163 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

There is a set screw that holds in the weight. I think I used a T10 to get it out, then I put the weight perpendicular to the other side and that really lowered the intensity of the shaking. I’ll try to get a pic when I open my machine up again.

Ok I tried this, reduces a bit but doesn’t feel as smooth as the stern shaker on my other machines.

Is that likely the shaker or how it’s coded?

Might just send it back. Never had this issue before.

#4192 2 years ago

Looks like there is no cliffy required for right ramp?

Is everyone keeping flipper power stock or reducing?

#4221 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So…. Does anybody like the odds that we’ll see a topper announcement this week?

Is this the new rumor?

2 months later
#4848 1 year ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

When are the toppers going to be done, it seems like forever on this one.

Yeah seriously didn't flipnout pinball say two months ago there was going to be news any day about the Mando topper and that the topper is supposed to be really good?

1 week later
#4888 1 year ago

Any chance we see topper today?

#4895 1 year ago

Gotta love Stern these days got my armor earlier in the week and no screws included to complete the install.

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Use the existing screws?

Quoted from hiker2099:

That's how mine worked on my past armors. I used the existing screws.

That’s what I’m planning on doing. Need a few more screws though.

#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from sirocket:

My Stern siderails for Mando came with the screws (all of them).

Yeah they usually do, I’ve installed armor on all of my games.

Even using the screws from factory rails i was 4 short per side and left the armor wobbly.

Fortunately I was able to match with screws from Lowe’s. Problem solved.

5 months later
#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Supposedly it is like the bounty puck with a "hologram" coming out of it - 1k price tag or something. Just rumor though.

Not what I was hoping for and you wouldn’t think something like that would take so damn long to get approved.

#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I beat it. I made the extra balls liberal and bypassed hunter modes between multiballs. I focused heavily on encounters and got my nudging to a point where I could often knock out three stages per visit to the encounter playfield. I also had the left flipper to left ramp shot super dialed in to the point where I was hitting that shot 75% of the time. The game taught me a lot about pinball and associated strategy. Mando to me is more about patience and accuracy than flow.
I left the club a week ago. I can only afford a couple of games and getting something new means selling something. My kids were sad to see Mando go, but it was time. We saw everything there was to see.
The topper was the only thing holding us back from selling. We were really excited about the puck idea. It's rumored to be a puck that incorporates a 3D projector the projects images upward from the top of the machine. This includes numerous images and statistics. It could possibly bring in a new mode too. That's super exciting and I can see how approval from Disney would take awhile. Some if this is existing rumor and some is my own speculation on top of the rumor. I hope this is what it is, as that would be pretty ground breaking.

Hard pass for statistics projected on my ceiling. IG-11 with movement and voice or nothing for me.

#5931 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I don't think it's going to project on the ceiling. The idea is it would be a fan 3D projector that would make the animations appear like 3D holograms on top of the machine.

There is a vendor that has been selling something like this for a few years now.

I’m still thinking the IG-11 rumor was the cause for the delay due to its complicated design and similar in delay to the R2 with SW. took almost 2 years if I’m not mistaken .

A fan design that projects hologram is not complex at all.

#5934 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Im surprised the R2 was a complicated build. The head basically swivels and it beeps. It didn’t even seem integrated with gameplay. It was a topper I was excited for and probably one of the most disappointing ones I’ve seen. Unless something changed that I missed with new code. I’m hoping the mando one like black knight. My kids loved that topper and they would talk trash back to it. It felt like a real knight part of the game.

Don’t think it was a complicated build but I recall someone from stern saying it was a complicated item to get licensed by Disney/Lucas. Any topper with movement that is coded in with lights and sounds in the game surely has more that has to get approved.

There is a ton that can be done with a moving IG-11, some great audio. Can’t see how this isn’t the topper.

#5936 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Got it, I’m excited to see this damn topper. Im hoping they do it right. We love our mando pin

Agree, it’s a keeper for us too.

2 weeks later
#6054 1 year ago

They basically copied what lighted pinball mods was doing with their projector fan with static images.
The diorama looks cool but the holograms not so great.

#6152 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Shaker is too much for me as well. It is done well on many other stern games but ruins the experience for me on Mando which is sad. If done right the game would be awesome with a shaker. I even offset one of the shaker weights 90 degrees and it was still too intense compared to all my other games with shakers. I think our best hope is a software fix. Xaqery - Can I have an “I’m a delicate flower” shaker setting that takes it down a few notches?

I had the same experience with the shaker and had to remove it.

2 weeks later
#6314 1 year ago

I’ve had a different foundry issue happen when hitting the shot. The screen will change and hold ball but not go to selection screen unless I press both flippers.

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I've been wondering about that also. It seems like maybe the 10 second "timeout" is counting down while it shows you the splash screen for the Foundry (before it shows you your options). Noticed that when you press both flippers to get past the splash screen, the timer is down at 3 seconds already. Then using the left or right flippers to move your selection kicks it back up to 10.
Whether the 3 second timer is because of the splash screen or that's just the initial starting time, it seems like not enough time for a new player to understand what's going on. Feel like it makes more sense to start that timer at 10 seconds after the splash screen rather than 3...
Am I crazy? I'll submit as a "bug" to Stern if some other club members feel the same way.

It’s odd for sure. First time it happened I just looked at it like WTF? Something seemed different. I’d say it’s a big because it was better before and most people wouldn’t casually hit the flipper buttons to advance the screen.

1 week later
#6464 1 year ago

I’ve been noticing a static sound coming from left speaker since code update.

Any ideas if it’s code related or if there is something I should check?

4 months later
#7190 1 year ago

Apologize if this has been discussed but any rumors of further addition of code to topper or is it done?

1 week later
#7211 12 months ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Would be nice if they could add some assets from the new seasons.

Agree

#7252 11 months ago

They adding more code to the topper or what? Only way I’m dropping 2k on it is if there is a bunch more to be added.

3 weeks later
#7300 11 months ago
Quoted from Utubereefer:

Joined the Order of the bounty hunters picking up this Mandalorian pro after a local laser tag joint went out of biz! Really loving this pin. Carl Weathers on call outs!!!!! Makes me smile every time. Just curious if you guys can help me find a topper that’s not $2,000. I do think the official Stern topper is cool but I’d rather not spend that kind of dough on a topper for a pro model. It’s begging for something on top tho.[quoted image]

Saw this on ebay

E4CEA24B-1E33-4CBC-971E-159A08E6233D (resized).pngE4CEA24B-1E33-4CBC-971E-159A08E6233D (resized).png
6 months later
#7674 4 months ago

Digging the topper, relatively low cost and turns on/off with game!

IMG_0227 (resized).jpegIMG_0227 (resized).jpegIMG_0228 (resized).jpegIMG_0228 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.