Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoopsMagee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#858 2 years ago

First pin = check. Finally made use of a spot in my house I can only assume was designed exclusively for this. Thanks for all the helpful info on this thread. As soon as I put some washers underneath those ball returns I’ll be set

8A8B1027-ADB1-4C82-B05C-D5DA0FEFBE31 (resized).jpeg8A8B1027-ADB1-4C82-B05C-D5DA0FEFBE31 (resized).jpeg
#867 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Now you just need to have a contractor come in and make another five spots just like that one for more machines!

It's scary how accurate this is. Already sizing up where Avengers might fit...

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Officially part of the owners group, my premium was delivered today!
Just finished moving it into the basement…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude whatever you've done to your basement has become my new life goal. That's outstanding

#979 2 years ago

Anyone having issue with the right turn around? I put some M5 washers on the ball guide so it wouldn’t dig into the clear and thought maybe that was the issue, but in diag mode the switch seems pretty sensitive so it seems weird that the balls not triggering it. Mainly it’s the super jackpot after multiballs or when it’s the last shot of a mission. I’ll hit it 2 or 3 times and it doesn’t do anything… just me?

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Looking to add a shaker motor when mine comes later this week. Are there still aftermarket ones available that would work for this machine? I added one to an Avengers several months ago but I feel like I'm not seeing them now.

Installed one from Pinballlife for $100 and it works great

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Hey OP, I had this same problem. I reached out to Dead Flip who checked with the engineers and they assured him (and me) that it should be a "smooth return to the left flipper". What is happening to you is NOT what should be happening, however the good news is that it's easily fixable.
Under the plastic on the left side is the screw that is holding that orbit guide down, you simply need to take the plastic part off (a few screws and a bolt) and then loosen the screw holding the guide, adjust it so it is not flush with that post. I've done this twice now (admittedly the first time I didn't screw it down hard enough and it misaligned), and after making sure it was very snug on the second go, the ball falls as you would expect it to off that orbit.

I almost want to adjust it so the guide's actually touching the black line. Coming off the left orbit doesn't go SDTM but it does always bump the bottom edge of the sling and THEN goes right through the middle. Would love to be able to bounce pass off that but it's basically impossible with that little bounce off the sling.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Thanks all! And the C2 connector is for the future I guess?[quoted image]

Oh interesting... I'd assumed that was just leftover in my pro and was connected to the moving mini playfield in so way on the prem/LE models... wonder what/if anything they've got planned for that...

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is common adjustment on every Pin I have owned. Just adjust the guide until it clears the slings and lands safely on your flipper.

You're absolutely right, just had to push it out to basically overlapping the black line and it works great now. This is my first pin still figuring out the seemingly obvious stuff. Thanks man

1 week later
#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For those who also had the sticky flipper button issue on their mando like me, I mad a quick fix guide for you:

Thanks Abe! Btw your skill tutorial videos are outstanding. Succinct and really well done. Anyone who hasn't seen them should check out his youtube channel

2 weeks later
#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Note: You'll need new mounting plates which I purchased from Doug and SpeakerLightKits.com if you're doing the upgrade. (Lights are optional but look cool... )

Anywhere else people have snagged these mounting plates to convert from 4" to 5.25"? The pinwoofer bracket isn't sold separately but something like that would be preferable to the $50 plates at speakerlightkits if they're available.

3 weeks later
#2095 2 years ago

Just got that Dank Farrik multiball frenzy and it’s easily the silliest thing in this game. The callouts are amazing and weird and confusing and I loved it. Recommend everyone just hit the ? Every time until you get it at least once

1 week later
#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

What’s Madness Multiball?

I'm not certain but I'd guess it's the Dank Ferric multiball you can get from the foundry. It's certainly weird enough to earn that name

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Made them in conjunction with a mate but I doubt they will be available due to the material and the amount of time they take to cut they would be fairly expensive.
Lockdown bar surround will be available though.

Dang those are REALLY nice! Well done

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Okay, I give up... What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to upgrade my Mando pro to the new code and just can't get it to do it. I have downloaded the files from Stern onto a USB stick. The files are unzipped on the stick but the machine does not acknowledge anything different when it boots. I am currently using the port at cn9 but I've tried others as well. I have tried reloading the files from Stern but still nothing. Short of just banging on the monitor I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Had a similar experience and just tried another USB stick and it worked. Did the exact same thing in both, both were formatted the same, both worked when plugged into other stuff, but only one was recognized by the pinball machine. No idea how or why, but a different stick was the fix for me

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Yesterday was a very productive pinball day for me. I got the animated Yoda broke down, repainted and installed and couldn't be happier. Thanks for all the helpful tips from everyone in regards to my software update. Will tackle that today. More mods on the way. This is the way! Loving this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great man! What painting did you do? I installed him just stock and really love what he adds to the game overall, even if it is just random motion off the "C" insert.

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I agree he does look fine right out of the box, however for me that is just not the way. Use the water base color wash to give him a little more tonal depth as well as airbrushing highlights around the cheeks and eyes and ears. Also added some shading to his robe .A subtle improvement imo. Try to add my own personal touch to any of the additions, even if it's a simple hot wheel toy or packaged action figure. Here's a shot of a recently repainted Razorcrest as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang... I don't have the skills for that but yeah that looks outstanding! Strong work

1 week later
#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

After a quick search I see a lot of people are having cracked ramps. Cliff already responded indicating he's got a three week or so wait. Do you think I'm okay to play the machine in the meantime? I'd hate to crack a ramp after just getting it.

Honestly tho even if it cracks the point where everyone's having trouble will be completely hidden by the Cliffy protector and it connects higher up so it won't matter at all either way. I don't think you should wait 3 weeks just for that.

And fwiw similar to waxx I easily put in 300-400 games before I got mine and it didn't break at all. Default flipper power and everything.

Enjoy!!

1 week later
#2514 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a pro and didn't expect the plastic ramps crossing the middle of the playfield to bother me this much. Considering the metal wire habitrails mod but don't want to fork out $220 if the ball frequently falls off the habitrails. Has anyone had an issue with this after swapping them out?

Got a pair and haven't had a single instance where they fell off personally. Don't know about others but after some very minor adjustment they fit in great and were a huge upgrade

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

You use the flamethrower by holding the action button, and you use the rifle by tapping the action button. Im not really sure what would happen if you throw the whistling birds in the mix. Id guess that the amban rifle would only activate if there was less than 3 balls remaining.

That's an excellent question... I'd probably defer to prioritizing the rifle and just wait until the 2nd to last ball drains and save the whistling birds for after that

#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No, at least not in my experience at home. Originally when .98 released people thought there was a bug with the foundry select but it was simply the timing required being changed by Dwight (the games coder) that caused some confusion.
There’s nothing in .98 that will ruin your enjoyment of the game other than the usual bugs in some areas of the game but none that break the game, update your game asap! There is a lot of great content in .98

Personally I think updating now is the way to go! Challenge mode is great and most of the complaints involve the action button and just not understanding the timing in the foundry. Small gameplay tweaks all around. I'd go for it.

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thought some of you guys might like seeing this. It's called silver artery and is really a great match if you are thinking of getting powder coating done.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

VERY nice!

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I got this signed sticker at Expo. I've gotten a couple of these in my machines. Does anyone know if these actually go on the machine? I'm guessing they are just stickers Stern puts in the goody bag sometimes.
[quoted image]

That's awesome!! Little tough to tell the dimensions to know exactly, but the -BFS in the corner almost makes it looks like a position indicator for it to fit somewhere on the machine... doesn't really look like anywhere on the apron would work, but maybe I'm overlooking something. Either way very cool I'm jealous

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I confirmed the sticker is supposed to be for the coin door. I put it on the machine. Doesn't look great but doesn't look bad. LOL[quoted image]

Yeah I think it looks awesome! Wish I had one haha

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well let me be the first to say... I'm an idiot, just kidding I'm certainly not the first to say that. I've had my mando pro since the beginning of August and I just discovered yesterday challenge mode. Who knew? What an awesome feature. What a great way to get you dialed into specific shots not to mention the light show and animations. I can't believe I've been playing it this long and have just now stumbled upon this. This machine just keeps on giving and giving. What a great ride!

In your defense, it was just added with the last code update so you've only been missing out for <2 months. Super fun tho agreed!

1 week later
#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomdog:

I ordered a Mando pro in October, Evan at oc pinball assured me I'd be getting mine this month. I can hardly wait. My first pin. I already have some mods, sub cable, and custom light kit.

Congrats man! You're gonna love it! What mods are you throwin on when it comes in?

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No insider connected ?

yeah doesn't look like it... I was surprised too

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Stern site said IC pending licensing approval

I'm probably dumb but what does that mean? Licensing approval of what? Of the Disney assets beyond what was already agreed to for the game? Or does Disney need to sign off on what they make the achievements etc.?

I realize it's unlikely you have these answers just thinking out loud...

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

My day one order Pro has arrived!!!! Cant wait to get some time with it. My first Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! Great setup too. You're gonna love it have fun!

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomdog:

my first pin, got it last night, this is the way! down the rabbit hole i go!
[quoted image]

And already got the speaker lights on there NICE! Have fun man. Highly recommend the animated Grogu mod too it's basically mandatory in my opinion

1 week later
#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

these are the files that extract from zip file[quoted image]

I've found that just reformatting the USB stick every time before loading on a new set of code helps smooth out the entire process. Since I started doing that haven't had any issues.

If you can try just reformatting it as a fat-32 drive and then just drag both the unzipped files onto it. If that doesn't work try another USB stick, but it still having issues at that point might be time to call Stern. Good luck!

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

For those that have upgraded to 1.01, are you liking it more than 1.00? Is it buggy?

Yeah definitely. Big improvement to the flow of encounters in my opinion. I think some of the "bugs" in the code so far have been a little overblown. Most of the complaints were from a misunderstanding of how the action button worked in the foundry, which is fixed now. That left some occasional concerns with delayed mode transitions when the ball went in/out of the encounter playfield. Overall pretty trivial in the grand scheme.

Go for it.

4 weeks later
#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I bent the switch up so instead of a gentle moon crescent shape to the switch it’s more raised, seems to have solved the issue as I have not noticed anymore shots not registering/missing.

Yep this exactly had to do the same to mine. The issue seemed to be with really fast shots it would depress the switch down far enough to trigger, but not far enough to rebound and be ready for another ball. Bending it up completely solved it for me

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The first one is not in my country unfortunately and the 2nd one is clear and I need a frosted bulb. I emailed Stern.

Those are frosted bayonet bulbs. You can get em from Comet for ~$0.75

edit: Sorry I see after reading more closely you already mentioned Comet bulbs in your original post. In that case not sure I think they're still the same thing but if they don't look like regular 44s maybe getting input from Stern's the best bet

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I spoke too soon. 100 balls in and the protector failed us in an odd way possibly taught when installed and plastic finally gave way:
[quoted image]

Oh man that sucks sorry!

I'm not at home to look and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like my Cliffy protectors go up to the next higher screw on the left side of the ramp to bypass that point of failure... Could be mistaken but the ones in your picture look like they're only about half the length of the ones I installed

1 week later
#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Guys! Walmart has a sale on this crap. I’m going to use 1, possibly 2 in the machine somewhere, but for 5$ apiece grabbed them all. The XL says 10$ but rang up 5$. I’m about to hit up the other Walmart too.

wut

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

This is what Ive landed on for 10 bucks. Perfect IG placement!
[quoted image][quoted image]

ahh gotcha none of the pictures loaded with the first post so had no idea what you were talking about haha. Looks good!

1 week later
#4196 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered already, tried to do some searching and dig back through the thread and didn't find anything so I'll pose this question here:

Having some issues with strong forehand shots to the right ramp rejecting in a very specific way where it seems to be almost bouncing into the airball guard and rapidly clunking up and down before coming right back down. Normally I'd think this was just how the game plays and to be careful/backhand those when possible, but I've played several others on location and don't seem to have the same issue with any other pin than mine.

Just eyeballing the ramp and its components nothing obvious is standing out that might fix it, so my question is if anyone here has made any tweaks to that right ramp to address a similar issue to what I'm describing? Grateful for any guidance.

1 week later
#4324 2 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I noticed the premium download gives you the mando_le file. Maybe they are the same... or maybe they put the wrong file for the premium code download?

Hmm nah seems like that's become the new standard. Listed as 2 separate links but most of the time the premium and LE download just pull a file labeled as LE

2 weeks later
#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This is the way! Finally got that huge breakthrough game. Successfully completing all modes and “This is the way”. Pardon my excitement but my wife doesn’t care so I have to share with someone.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woah great work man! That's awesome! You gave me something to chase

2 weeks later
#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:Just installed the Flamin Frames from DugFreez of Speaker Light Kits. Jaw dropping when I “fired” it up! I forgot to order the acrylic backing to spread the lights out more thoroughly but it’s still great lighting.
[quoted image]

Those look awesome!!

Got some of those with the city skyline on order my for zilla. Can't wait such a cool upgrade

#4681 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Strange I was looking at gallery images for Mandalorian & saw that the front plastic that feeds the ball to upper PF has explosions on it. It's just clear plastic on mine; but I kinda like it... does anyone know where I could get it? thanks.
[quoted image]

Interesting! Mine's clear too. I added the lights behind those cutouts so I wouldn't want to block that, but it's interesting seeing the subtle design changes Stern makes between production runs.

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

Good point. I guess I'll try it first and see how it goes Thanks!
And thanks to whoever posted the link to buy the parts for the ramp:
https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
Last thing I want on my first pin is for it to break right away lol

Congrats! Mando pro was my first pin too. I love it and I bet you'll love yours too.

I've done a bunch of mods, but I feel like in order of necessity it goes cliffy ramp guards, grogubot, wizblades, foundry, and everything else feels subjective. I did add a washer to my uturn to prevent it from cutting into the playfield, so that's worth considering too.

#4718 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Anyone figure this out yet from Insider Connect?[quoted image]

Nope still undiscovered as far as I've seen

1 week later
#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yeah, I actually like super bands as a whole on classic Ballys. The clear super bands installed on my Mando were like trampolines.....

That's a great description. The orange looked great but progressing in this game is so dependent on live catching and setting up each shot that even the low bounce titans felt like it was needlessly making it harder to control. Went back to stock black rubbers and scores instantly improved.

#4852 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah seriously didn't flipnout pinball say two months ago there was going to be news any day about the Mando topper and that the topper is supposed to be really good?

Maybe they're waiting for May 4th...

2 months later
#5438 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn, 47 new comments was thinking a topper reveal or code update, cmon Dwight any more code coming?

Remember when we all thought May 4th would be the topper reveal? Fun times

2 weeks later
#5606 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Stern said they would just send me a new one when I contacted them. Who knows how long it will take. In the mean time, I put mine back together with mylar and washers.
[quoted image]

If you don't mind I'd love to see what the replacement looks like if they made any changes to the item. My right ramp rejects shots that are dead on but too strong ALL the time and it's pretty clear that it just rattles along that piece, but I can't figure out how to adjust it to make it better. I know it shouldn't do that cause I've played other pins and the right ramp is like butter, so just interested if I'm not alone.

4 weeks later
#5800 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

This.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: in the home environment, I think you want a tougher game. You don't want a game that's super easy and you'll beat. You'll be bored in no time. As you get better, you'll be rewarded by getting farther in it.
I get that someone could step up to Mando and get frustrated that it's hard. But at the same time, this game consistently earns well on route for me and for other operators. And these are mostly casuals throwing money into it, on a pro no less.
What's awesome about this type of game, for me at least, is that I feel pressure on every shot. It's intense. Contrast this to Godzilla... Shots are very forgiving on GZ and therefore a less intense experience. Point is, I love both games. Sometimes I want intense, and sometimes I want a more "flowy", casual experience. But being difficult, in and of itself, can be a very good thing.

Wow... VERY well said

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoopsMagee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=PoopsMagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.