Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NickBuffaloPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago

I set up ours on location on Monday. I noticed that the ball doesn't always feed cleanly to the upper flipper - sometimes it just dribbles out with no way to hit it.

I think I measured the pitch by the flippers to be around 6.7. Is the pitch the issue? Anyone else have this problem?

1 week later
#139 2 years ago

Chipping spotted on my routed game that's been on location less than 2 weeks.

20210625_111447.jpg20210625_111447.jpg
#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thank you for posting that.

You're welcome, this is my specialty

Quoted from Lermods:

To prevent further damage, I loosened the nut underneath a few turns and used a punch to raise the guide.

I'm dumb, what's a punch?

9 months later
#4645 2 years ago

Need some help...

Just set up a game at work, build date is March 8 of this year. I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.

I tried the following:

1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the guide out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
2) Bent the rail guide by the post. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.

I'm finding this annoying. Anyone else have this issue and find a resolution?

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

If I'm understanding, you moved the post?

You want to move the metal guide out towards the center of the playfield to clear the post. There's just one screw that holds the guide in place near the post, and you really need to torque that thing down to keep it from moving back in again.

Sorry, I misspoke, I didn't move the post, just the rail. I screwed that thing down as hard as I could and it still moved.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Hey Nick--

I think this post is the only other time I've seen this issue mentioned:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/92#post-6842033

Neither are "warm and fuzzy" fixes imo though (one being "glue" which just feels incompatible with pinball to me, and the other being "custom print a bracket" which not everybody has the means to do.). I wonder if maybe a lockwasher between the screw head and the ball guide would help keep it in place once it's tightened down? Seems like that might be a less extreme fix.

EDIT: There are tons of lockwashers elsewhere throughout the game, so you might be able to temporarily steal one from a post or somewhere where it won't really be missed.. Then if that works you can take it to a hardware store and get a replacement one.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I agree: pinball and glue, while it may work, is just not a solution I want to go with.

I'll look into your proposed solution, thanks!

I have another Mandalorian on location and I don't have this issue. I wonder where Stern went wrong where a few of us unlucky folks are dealing with this...

1 month later
#4992 1 year ago

I'm getting a Premium in the next run. Do I need to order the cliffy ramp protectors, or has Stern started putting their own on newer runs?

#5000 1 year ago

Do the Cliffy ones require you to drill your own holes in the ramps?

#5017 1 year ago

I want to thank all 100 of you for answering my question

2 weeks later
#5108 1 year ago

Interested in hearing thoughts/reviews from those that bought the Grogu mod....

I guess my one concern is that thing will be going off like crazy during attract mode. That doesnt really bother me, im just concerned it will wear out quickly. Looks like there's a way to turn that on off, but that seems like a bit of a pain to constantly doing.

#5116 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Depending what model you have pro or prem/le will give you different options on which mod to buy and from whom.
There are a couple really nice grogu mods that react with the ramp diverters and additionally the magnet on the prem/le.

I'm getting the premium. What mod should I get in this case?

#5126 1 year ago

I appreciate all the thoughtful replies to my Grogu question. I think for now I'll just save my money.

#5139 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

No. The proximity of shots (and so, so many posts) to the flippers makes it a challenging game from a shooting perspective. I've played every Stern Spike 2 game and I can't think of one that is more brutal.

BUT....as others have said...it will make you a better player. And tweak to make it easier...lower your outlane posts, reduce sling sensitivity, maybe play 5 balls instead of 3.

This is all true, and I'll add another perspective:

I think it's a great game for all skill levels, including newbies. As you start "finding the shots", you'll build up muscle memory and get better at the game, fairly quickly. The shots are tight but very findable, if that makes sense.

I think what's nice from a newbie perspective is you may not be getting to the end of the game anytime soon (which is great value for a home game - you don't want easy in the home environment), but you can focus on tackling one of the three mini-wizard modes and finding satisfaction in that. For instance, just focus exclusively on the Razor Crest shots for that mini-wizard mode. Another game, just focus on the modes. Another game, just the upper playfield. In other words, there's significant content here and nice "mid-game" rewards in the form of several mini-wizard modes. And the game doesn't force you to do this linearly.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my premium next week and join the club. The more I play this game, the more I like it.

#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

. As far as a moving Grogu...keep it. I don't want anything not designed by Stern moving around and touching stuff even if his clothes are rubbing a plastic or artwork it will cause some sort of irritation to the game and possibly your peripheral.

Wait, are you saying the Grogu mod actually damages the game? Have there been any posts confirming what you're saying?

1 week later
#5223 1 year ago

Just got my NIB premium set up. The ball is often getting slowed down/hung up on something when the left orbit is shot. Is this a common problem? What should I look for to fix this?

#5227 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

The plastic hanging over the left orbit can also droop too low and catch the ball. May want to check if the ball rolls cleanly under it.

I think it's this...What's the solution?

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I placed a rubber ring underneath the screw here (not my picture). A few washers would probably work too. That plastic just needs to be raised up a bit.
Edit: And while you're fixing that remove that unnecessary post next to the pop bumper which can also cause hang ups.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#5255 1 year ago

I absolutely am loving my premium! Huge shout-out to Dwight and Brian Eddy. I've been hard on Dwight for the rules he's done on other games, but this is a masterpiece in my mind. The theme integration is 10/10 and this really feels like a sense of adventure that is Mandalorian, rather than the Mandalorian theme lazily pasted over a generic pinball game. Well done team!

Last year, I got one of the first games to land on location for my route, a pro. I thought it was solid, but never really grabbed my attention. I think on our podcast at the time we rated it a 7. On a future podcast, I'll revisit this and share my love of the premium, and where the game is currently at rules-wise.

Question for you guys: Was there a point where this game really took shape, in terms of rules? Did I miss something back in May 2021 when I played it, or was it lacking some significant features at that time?

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight definitely tweaked things for the better after people got their hands on it, but the meat and potatoes have been there. Great game that I hope to pick up down the road. Theme integration is so good.

I struggle to think of a game with better theme integration. Shows a ton of thought was put into it.

Contrast that with Star Wars, a game he coded only a few years earlier.

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Star Wars has great theme integration also. Love those mini wizard modes.

I'd be curious to hear your argument for this.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Destroying the Death Star on a premium is one of the greatest moments in pinball. As it should be.

Maybe part of my problem with that game is that I've pretty much only played the Pro.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Forced myself to take a break last night and put about 10 games on our Mandalorian Premium. Even with a brand new Deadpool Premium (which I am loving) sitting next to it, Mando was keeping me hooked. The integration of the sounds and lights and the challenging geometry give me that “ok, one more game” feeling after every ball 3.

I sold Deadpool to fund this game, and glad I did. For me, it's the better game.

#5291 1 year ago

My one major criticism is the lack of call-outs in the mini wizard modes. I think only one of them has call-outs if I'm not mistaken (the one associated with the Razor Crest). I know for sure that "I Like Those Odds" doesn't have.

Any indication from Dwight if he plans to add that? The thought behind the mini wizard modes are pretty damn cool, especially how they relate to the scenes and what you need to do as player, but they seem incomplete without sound effects and call-outs.

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

It's a fun game, but it's hard. Hard games don't usually score as well on the top 100.

I've seen it mentioned several times in this thread, that the game is perceived as "hard". Really?

Here's the thing from my perception: I'm a good player, so maybe I don't personally find it hard, but I don't think that matters when assessing if a game is hard or not. This game doesn't have a single "dangerous" shot. What do I mean by "dangerous"? I'm defining that as a shot that you're required to make (see, not optional), where when hit, comes back at you dangerously or is out of control. All main shots in Mando are pretty damn safe if made.

Contrast that with a game like Metallica or Walking Dead (or nearly any Borg game, LOL). You HAVE to hit Sparky, but that's a dangerous shot that comes back unpredictably. In that situation, you successfully made the shot, but can get punished severally. This is not the same as missing a shot and getting punished.

Now in Mando, all main shots are safe. Sure, you have to catch an orbit, but that's not the same as a Sparky shot, Well Walker, Prison, etc. Even the turnaround shot on Mando is fine if your game is level.

Given that it's a fan layout with safe shots, the game becomes control and muscle memory. Over time, you'll be having longer games. I can routinely get to the mini wizard modes on this.

Now, there's a good deal of content here to get through, but again, I wouldn't call that hard per se.

#5300 1 year ago

Anybody else get their game recently and notice ribbing on the playfield? Mine was made June 9th.

Ribbing won't keep me up at night, I'm just curious...

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

If I want to have a good game on Mando, I have to catch and trap the ball. If I try to let the shots flow and just string them together, I hit the posts (and there are so many posts) and straight down the outlane.

100%. This is a catch and trap game. You can take shots on the fly when they go through the return lanes, but that's it. If you're wildly flipping, then forget it. Those are probably the people saying the game is hard.

For those of us that catch and trap, this game isn't that hard. I honestly think I'm holding back from beating it too quickly b/c I like the game and don't want to get rid of it anytime soon.

#5317 1 year ago

My upper playfield flippers just completely died during game play. Any ideas?

I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to take apart the upper playfield, which I'm dreading...

#5326 1 year ago

OriginalFresh I really appreciate the post and pictures, thanks!

Question for you and anyone else: Given both flippers stopped working...and looking at the underside of the playfield in that pic, should I be focusing on the black and yellow wire that's going to the coils, or the black and purple wire that's connected to the board?

I'm trying to track everything down before resorting to taking the playfield apart, thanks.

#5334 1 year ago
Quoted from BSoulMan:

I had a wire come loose, re-soldering fixed it...

Oh man, that's probably it...

It's funny, had the game for less than two weeks, and when I got it, I looked at the upper playfield and said, "I hope I don't have to take that apart anytime soon". Thanks life.

#5338 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Foundry is back instock in the shop, I got a few pms over the last about when it would be available again.

That's a beautiful mod sir. Wish I could bring myself to cover up Carl Weathers' face, but I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I did.

#5346 1 year ago

Turns out a wire became desoldered from a coil on the mini playfield. Once that was fixed, it started working again. Thanks for everyone's help!

#5352 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Similar experience here. I really like the pro but traded it and ended up with a Premium. Completely different game and even better.

I'm going to pile on. I have a Pro on route and a Pro at my office. Liked playing both and was going to get a Pro for home. Figured I would get the Premium so that I have some variety, and yea...Premium is significantly better on this game.

If anyone is in doubt, go Premium.

2 weeks later
#5426 1 year ago

Does anyone know what influences how steep/flat the upper playfield is on encounters on the Prem/LE?

I noticed that on Encounter 1, level 1, that it would become more or less steep sometimes (staying on that same level and not progressing to level 2 or 3, which, I understand normally changes the steepness). I'm not sure why...but I suspect that it might be due to me hitting shots outside of that playfield, then going back up there....Perhaps if I keep going back up there, without hitting other shots in the game, the steepness stays the same, but if I hit other shots on the playfield, it flattens it out?

Before anyone responds and says they change based on the encounter level, please read the previous paragraph.

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have this same issue, and its tough to replicate when it happens (I am trying to figure this out so as to be able to report it as a bug to Dwight). But its the same as you - sometimes, in Encounter 1, you leave the upper playfield and it screws up the pitch for later Encounters. I have seen it go completely flat and stay there, and also completely steep. I think it has something to do with starting scope and / on Ambush, which causes the UPF to move (I think it goes completely steep). Then the game, on occasion, gets confused and doesn't fix itself for the next Encounter.

OK, so you're convinced it's a bug, rather than a feature?

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Things get dicey when Scope and Ambush move the UPF back to the steepest level

Why does scope and ambush move the playfield?

2 weeks later
#5574 1 year ago

I haven't delved into the update, but it's awesome to see there's more choreography, especially callouts added. Keep it up Dwight, this game is a real gem!

#5583 1 year ago

Played a couple of games and didn't notice a single new callout. Were they just put in the wizard modes maybe?

#5585 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

They are definitely in some main missions..

Awesome! Only had time for a few games so I look forward to hearing them when I play next.

#5603 1 year ago

This may have been reported already, but just came across an unfortunate bug.

I had Precious Cargo lit and had played the other Wizard Modes. However, the Razer Crest shot wouldn't light, no matter what I did.

Things that happened prior to this:

1) I went to Foundry and purchased start Razer Crest and Start Encounter
2) I immediately started and played the 3rd multi ball in Razer Crest
3) After that was over, I started the "You Have What I Want" mini wizard mode, and did poorly in it (I never got another ball on the mini playfield)
4) When that was over, "Precious Cargo" was flashing (I believe), but the Razer Crest shot was never lit. When I hit it, it only added to the hurry up value. I hit other shots in the game, but nothing made a difference.

Love the addition of the additional light choreography and callouts, keep it up!

#5624 1 year ago

For the 3rd encounter...is the mini playfield on the Premium/LE supposed to constantly be in motion?

#5627 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Yes.
1st Encounter is static but gets steeper for each level (1.1, 1.2, 1.3).
2nd Encounter moves, but locks in to a steepness when the ball gets to the upper playfield (for the duration that you keep the ball in the UPF). Then it starts to move again.
3rd Encounter moves the whole time.

Awesome, thank you!

#5647 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Same here.
Also I seem to not get Dank Farik multiball anymore. Used to get it…well a decent amount, maybe one out of 2-3 games. Since the code update it seems even more rare.

It's always been pretty rare for me. I've only gotten it like 2 times out of god knows how many games I've played.

#5656 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s what I like most about Mando other than the theme, it plays pretty tough compared to most of my other games, which makes it a refreshing game to have in the lineup, plus when you have a good/great game on Mando and every shot is flowing nicely it’s up there as one of the most fun experiences imo.

This.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: in the home environment, I think you want a tougher game. You don't want a game that's super easy and you'll beat. You'll be bored in no time. As you get better, you'll be rewarded by getting farther in it.

I get that someone could step up to Mando and get frustrated that it's hard. But at the same time, this game consistently earns well on route for me and for other operators. And these are mostly casuals throwing money into it, on a pro no less.

What's awesome about this type of game, for me at least, is that I feel pressure on every shot. It's intense. Contrast this to Godzilla... Shots are very forgiving on GZ and therefore a less intense experience. Point is, I love both games. Sometimes I want intense, and sometimes I want a more "flowy", casual experience. But being difficult, in and of itself, can be a very good thing.

#5665 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

When are we getting a BDYETP Mando review? Would love to hear your deeper analysis on the game after some time on it.

Next podcast I'll revist my review from last year. Should be in a couple of weeks.

4 weeks later
#5845 1 year ago

This has come up before, but the moving mini playfield when it's not supposed to be, is driving me nuts.

Played two games today and in both Jetpack Multiballs, the playfield was constantly moving. A mode was also running.

It sounds like this is a bug, correct? It's not supposed to be doing this, and it's not something wrong with my specific game?

#5850 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The upper playfield is supposed to move back and forth in Jet Pack multiball.

Ok, cool, I appreciate you clarifying that. For some reason, I thought it didn't move back and forth, but I guess I was mistaken.

#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What are favorite tutorial/strategy threads or YouTube videos? I’ve read the rules a few times but I’m not sure what to focus on. Looking more for score potential rather than completeness. Thanks!

I'm planning on streaming this game for Bro in a few weeks and will do my best to do a half decent tutorial.

#5882 1 year ago

The fact that he hasn't fixed the game breaking bug that I encountered and mentioned in a few posts past, is disconcerting.

#5884 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m hoping a few things have been fixed and just not mentioned in the readme. But the code issues on Mando & TMNT do make me cautious with Bond, ideally I’d like those two finished before I take on another Dwight game if Stern aren’t giving him time to fix up his games.

I'm with you. I like what Dwight did with the code on Mando, but bugs like these are hard to excuse given how long the game has been out.

I really want to get Bond, but I'm cautious given his track record.

5 months later
#7060 1 year ago

Could really use some help with a rules question, as it's driving me nuts. I feel like I've asked it before, but don't believe I got a clear answer...

OK, here's the scenario:

Precious Cargo is flashing. However, the Razer Crest shot is not lit, meaning when I hit it, it makes no progress towards starting Precious Cargo. What do I need to do to get the Razer Crest shot to light so I can make progress and eventually start Precious Cargo?

#7062 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

You need to complete a hunter or drain between Multiballs to relight Razorcrest. I'm pretty sure that holds true for Precious cargo once you finish that 3rd MB. You need to do 1 MB/hurry up per ball and get an eb or be really good at the orbits.

Considering I didn't play any hunter modes during that game, that makes sense.

Wish this was more obvious. I'm no dummy when it comes to rules.

#7066 1 year ago

This game continues to kick my ass and that's a major reason I love it. Each shot feels tense. And yet, I feel like, "I'll get it this time, just one more game"!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NickBuffaloPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=NickBuffaloPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.