Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jesder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Where do I report bugs to stern?

Pop the details in an email and send it to: [email protected]

If you're able to reproduce it with clear steps or have video of it happening, it will help Dwight & team track it down easier also.

3 months later
#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone get to the end of the "You Have What I Want" challenge mode? I haven't made it past phase 4 yet. I'm wondering what the upper playfield Luke levels are all about. I've finished a few target sets as I was completing the main phases. It definitely helps with points. But I have feeling there's more to it. Is there a write up on this anywhere?

I made it to the end tonight for the first time.

Phase 4 is the final phase - once you hit the final shot, the flippers disable and the ball drains, with the final score shown.

As far as I can tell, the Luke levels are there just for points. Now that I've completed it, I want to put more focus on the Luke levels.

I did come across an interesting bug in the challenge mode for Xaqery though. While playing the challenge mode, the timer ran out and instead of ending the game, scope activated and I was then playing the regular game. So instead of ending the challenge mode and returning to attract mode, it switched to the regular game (with all 3 encounter inserts solid and "You have what I want" flashing).

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Will have to see how/when Stern and the distributors enforce that price increase.

I'm not sure how it will be for you guys in the US, but here in Australia the offical communication from the distributor was games manufactured between 13th September 2021 and 31st December 2021 will have $300AU (roughly $220US) added onto the quoted price (to cover the inclusion of insider connected). Any machines manufactured from January 1st 2022 will have the full price increase applied.

#2536 2 years ago

I'm curious how easy it is to remove the mini playfield on the Prem/LE models.

One of the targets on my mini playfield is at an odd angle, so would like to adjust it.

Does anyone know the steps required with removing the mini playfield?

mando_mini (resized).pngmando_mini (resized).png

#2542 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Super easy to remove.Takes about 5 minutes.

That's what I like to hear Any advice on the steps to follow?

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

When I select the start multball perk from the foundry it doesn't work? There seems to be quite a few bugs in current code.

Pretty sure it lights multiball but doesn't start it. You still need to hit the final Razor Crest shot to start it.

Best time to buy this would be when you need to hit anotehr 8+ shots to light the next multiball mode. Buying this item will take you start to multiball ready.

#2624 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Yeah I think it looks awesome! Wish I had one haha

It's not too much trouble to make your own.

I printed off one for myself. The quality isn't as good as one that's officially produced, but it's good enough I think

Also made up an insert for the coin reject button.

mando_coindoor_decal (resized).jpgmando_coindoor_decal (resized).jpg
#2637 2 years ago

The challenge mode was a nice addition in the last update. There's still a few bugs Dwight needs to sort out with it, but hopefully those will be fixed in the next update.

I'd love to see Dwight also expand the high score table for the challenge mode to top 3 or 4, along with adding fastest complete time. Having completed it several times now, adding in a speed run high score would add another level of replay to the mode where shot accuracy becomes key.

It's one of the things I love about playing the challenge mode in my Jurassic Park. When I'm in the mood for the challenge mode, some days I feel like trying to milk as many points as possible while others I want to see how fast I can get through it.

I think Dwight made some smart decisions with the gameplay modes in Mando. If you're tired of the normal game, you also have challenge mode and impossible modes. If you have friends over, you also have monster mode, co-op and team play. It's great to have multiple options in how you play and experience the game.

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I feel like more attention by Dwight and the team needs to happen within the mini playfield on the pro. Especially with regards to sneak ins, unintentional sneak ins when your left ramp shot doesn’t go all the way around and sneaks in when the diverted is up, and why the mini playfield flipper is sometimes dead during certain stages of challenge mode.

I'd like to see the sneaky encounter feature ported from the Pro into the Prem and LE models as there's been a number of times I've had the ball go into the mini playfield (on my premium) but the targets are disabled. I think it's a cool little extra use for the mini playfield on all models.

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you have code ideas Xaqery in your post, pretty certain Dwight reads all posts relating to code.

I often send the suggestions via email to the bug report address. In fact sent through a couple of emails last week with bugs and a few suggestions based on my time with my Mando premium.

I do love that Dwight reads the thread and pops up from time to time with feedback & comments. He's done the same on a few streams too (post launch), answering questions, etc. I think it's great he's willing to have that connection with the community.

Quoted from JayLar:

Yesterday we tried the 2 vs 2 team mode. The first player got to play three balls, then it was game over just like an ordinary one player game. It never switched to any other player although the screen showed the four players and team 1 and 2. Guess it was a bug? Anyone have this working?

I think you need to add players 2, 3 and 4 by pressing the start button additional times. Starting the 2 v 2 mode doesn't automatically add all 4 players.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

The only shot giving me problems is the left orbit. I frequently hit the spinner straight on and it will kick the ball back even if the spinner spins. Any advice in dealing with this is appreciated.

I've having this issue also!

You hit the shot cleanly through the spinner, but just beyond it the ball seems to bounce / spin and become trapped around the post / pop bumper exit.

I'm interested also to see if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it.

#2659 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Check to see if the flasher wires are hanging/ protruding down into the orbit under the plastic. This is especially likely if you game had the wrong size hex post installed under the plastic as many of these games apparently did (mine included). If your plastic is sitting on the orbit rail in the back then you have the wrong size hex post. Mine had a 1 inch hex post and it's supposed to be 1 and 1/4 inches.

My post was 1 and 1/8 inches. The plastic was raised a bit off the rail, but was on a slight lean (getting lower to the rail around that post). So I added a couple of small washers below the post to sit the plastic a fraction higher. Will see how it goes.

------

On a different topic - Ambush - How does everyone find this feature?

In 350 games on my premium, I've never activated it once (and pretty sure there are 3 themes available for it). I remember Dwight talking about it at the launch and explaining it as a mini wizard mode that you will activate in between things (which sounds awesome). But even on my best games where I'm finishing both mini wizard modes "Precious Cargo" and "I like those odds", I've never see it.

It's not really a shot I tend to make over and over to work towards it while playing other areas of the game. I feel like I have to go out of my way to work towards it instead of it being a natural progression as you play. I can't help be think progress towards ambush should perhaps come from other areas of the game (completing missions, encounters, scope, pops, etc). That way when as you're naturally progressing through the main features of the game, you're getting close to an ambush. What might be cool is once it's ready, shooting the scoop to start a mission (or the ramp to start multiball) - instead hits you with the ambush - surprise - which you need to complete first.

I'm curious on everyone elses thoughts on the feature and how you're finding it.

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something must be wrong with your switches I am certain I get Ambush at least once every 4 or 5 games, shooting the u-turn then scoop advances ambush maybe check those switches. I know a few have had issues with the ball hoping over the u-turn switch, I posted a fix a while back.

Nah the switches are fine. The u-turn and scoop always register when hit.

I currently don't find it to be a combo (u-turn followed by the scoop) that I'm naturally using in game as part of progressing through features.

#2676 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well if your switches are working it’s strange, I just played a few games and got ambush twice and I am by no means a great player.
Is your ball definitely trigger the switch a few posted pages back that on a hard shot to the u-turn it would ride the wall and skim over the rollover switch. Might be worth doing a slo-mo video.

No need for slo-mo video - I'm 100% positive it's not a switch issue.

I hit the u-turn shot a lot during play as part of missions, multiball and scope. It's working fine.

On the occasions where the return scoop most often comes in to play for me (e.g super skillshot, multiball super jackpot) - that also registers without issues.

What I find though is the u-turn + return scoop combo doesn't seem to be something used as part of progressing other areas of the game, so is something you have to intentionally be targeting. Which is why I'm interested to hear how often others are experiencing the Ambush mode. It sounds like Riefepeters and I are having the same experience with it. Looks like it's a feature that pops up on a regular basis for you though, which is good to hear. Are you intentionally going for it? or are you finding it happens organically during your play?

Going back to the launch stream on Deadflip, Dwight talked about how you progress towards ambush as you're doing everything else in the game. But for me, that just doesn't seem to be the case. Outside of taking a step towards ambush, there isn't another reason to go for that combo and it doesn't pop up as a natural part of any other mode that would have you hitting it to progress.

Today I spent a few games focused only on playing Ambush and was able to play it (so again, I'm positive there are no switch issues). The actual rules of the mode I think are fine and it was fun to experience. I believe there are 3 themes of it (like with hunter)? I can't imagine having to do the u-turn + return scoop combo enough though to experience them though.

#2680 2 years ago

I managed to put up my second 1B+ point game tonight.

While I'm not getting much ambush action, I'm finding more ways to improve my scoring. Really enjoying game!

mando_highscores (resized).pngmando_highscores (resized).png

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Go away!
And here was me feeling great about half a billion last night! Mind sharing your scoring tips, curious what you guys with these crazy scores are doing.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Any tips on high scoring? We have not gotten past 400 million yet.

In short - playfield multipliers. My scores have started going up a lot higher now that I'm focused on having 1 or 2 activate as often as possible.

More detailed tips:
I always look to stack a mission and a multiball together and bring in flame thrower (for 2X shots - since the mission and multiballs share shots, you're doubling points in those shots for both features). I also like to bring in amban rifle to extend multiball to try and maximise my opporunity with the super jackpot. You can always save your flamethrower for the super jackpot also, but I often don't.

I always want to have flame thrower and ambar rifle through for the mission / multiball stack.

My scores have started getting even higher now that I'm bringing in 2x and 3x playfield multipliers (I'd love to bring in all 3, but it's rare that I achieve that) - add that to the 2X shots (flame thrower) with a mission and multiball stacked for even bigger points. So I like to get a mission and a multiball ready - then I look to get scope (for the beskar and playfield multipler). Normally I'll have the playfield multiplier active for the Boba targets too. Then start the mission followed by multiball, followed by flame thrower - and you're away

Also before starting Razor Crest hurry up, I like to have 2X or 3X going on the playfield multiplier too, which can really help boost the value for each of the 3 shots. Especailly on the second hurry up. Just make sure you get those 3 shots in quick!

Another thing too is you don't need to hit the final shot of the mission straight away. You can to get a time bonus. But some missions will still have a lit shot with the timer active, so hitting them can milk more points before hitting the final shot to complete (again add in active playfield multipliers, and grab those points!).

Also don't forget combo shots in missions - this was a nice addition by Dwight in the last update.

There are times too where I don't even bother playing for total points and instead of stacking modes, simply play each mission and multiball on its own - looking to see how I can best score in them. Especially when you use the flame thrower when stacking - you want to make sure you hit shots that are lit for both multiball and mission. So for example, based on the active mission with the multiball, you'll want to hit shots in a certain order to ensure you're getting 2X for both the mission shot and multiball shot. So learning the missions is important.

When going for points, I don't seem to bother with encounteres. The bonus levels can be rewarding wise, but I'm not finding enough points there. I'd still like to explore them more though. Ambush - I never seem to advance towards it (even on those billion point games). I also haven't been using other features of the foundry much. I tend to just buy the flame thrower + rifle combo. I think it would be great if you weren't locked in to only buying 1 item or 2 items side by side - and instead could just select any combination of items up to the value of beskar you have. I'm keen to play around a bit with buying other items and seeing how I can best use them.

#2692 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thanks for the “In short” version!

The "in short" version was simply "playfield multipliers. My scores have started going up a lot higher now that I'm focused on having 1 or 2 activate as often as possible."

But yeah I guess how I wrote the post it might come across as "in short" being the whole (not so short) thing

Will update my post with a small note to indicate the more detailed section

1 week later
#2732 2 years ago

How's everyone going in the challenge mode?

I'm finding myself playing it quite a bit as it's a fun distraction from the main game (along with impossible mode).

Trying to break the 300 million barrier at the moment, but just can't quite get there.

mando_challenge_mode (resized).pngmando_challenge_mode (resized).png

#2734 2 years ago

I've managed to break the 500mil barrier once on impossible mode.

Usually takes me a game (or two) after playing impossible to get back into being comfortable with cradling again

mando_impossible_score (resized).pngmando_impossible_score (resized).png

#2786 2 years ago

The change to starting Ambush sounds interesting - I'm looking forward to trying that out.

#2798 2 years ago

Love the change to the "Disable Top Post" setting.

Switched mine to "DEFAULT DOWN: RAISE AS NEEDED" and really noticed an improvement. I know the new behaviour may not be exactly in line with Dwight's original vision for the top post, but great to see feedback from the community taken onboard!

Also really liking the changes to activating Ambush. This will absolutely bring it into gameplay more. I'm curious to see though when you've managed to activate it twice (hit 2 of the 6 shots) if all shots reset - otherwise the remaining shots will be guaranteed to not activate it.

1 week later
#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from CastawayDonald:

Hi all! I have been reading this forum quite a bit while we waited for our first pinball machine to arrive - a Mando Pro! We got it last week and are really loving it.
Today something strange happened... When the ball goes into the foundry nothing happens - no change in lights, no change in music, no foundry mode or extra ball... nothing - except the ball stays there for quite a while. The ball eventually shoots out after the pin appears to cycle through a series of clicks (solonoids reseting?). Any ideas on what is going on?

It could be an issue with the switch in the scoop that detects when the ball is in there.

Try putting the game into switch test mode (Service menu -> diagnostics -> switch -> switch test)

Activate the switch in the scoop and see if the game detects it.

-----------

Xaqery - I found something small for you to fix in the patch notes. The link to the rule sheet is not valid -

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/MANDO-Rulesheet.pdf

Accessing this URL results in a 404 not found.

#2981 2 years ago

Some initial thoughts from me on the changes in the 1.01 update (Premium model).

Firstly - the skip encounters bonus levels. So far, I'm liking how this flows and it feels more natural to progress through the encounter. I think this is a positive change to the game.

I really like that Dwight has added it as an adjustment - so if you're not a fan of the change, you can switch back to how it was.

My only concern is the point scoring. Even with 2X scoring now on the bonus level, encounters seem to offer way less than the other paths (Razor Crest and Missions). It's entirely possible to drain straight away on the bonus level, leaving you with a minimal return for getting through the encounter. So if I'm going for points, encounters have been (and may continue to be) something I'm likely to ignore.

I wasn't sure I would like the default change MULTIBALL ALWAYS ENABLED now being set to No. But so far I actually don't mind it. It's forcing me to play hunter more and I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm now collecting more beskar, which is setting me up for more use of the foundry. I still would like more freedom with purchases at the foundry though. If I'm loaded on Beskar, let me choose anything I want to buy and not just 2 adjacent items.

A concern I have though is it's not necessarily clear to new players that to progress to the next Multiball you have to play hunter (or drain). Before it was very clear you just shoot the Razor Crest shot to continue advancing and then activate multiball / hurry up. Having hunter linked to multiball progress isn't really intuitive.

Again I like that this is a setting so owners can set it to what they prefer. Everyone wins!

Going to put some more games in later today after work to explore the changes more.

#2985 2 years ago

I spent more time playing the 1.01 update this evening.

I really like the change to how you advance through the Encounters. Removing the bonus level between each encounter level makes it flow so much better and feel like a single encounter that you're battling. The previous setup was more of a stop / start progress through them. I think we lose some of the cool cut scenes as a result sadly

I feel that the new way to advance through encounters -may- make it a little too easy to reach the Wizard mode however. Before today, I had only completed the third encounter a couple of times over the last month. But today I was there multiple times without much hassle.

I do think that scoring within the Encounters really needs some tweaking however. Encounters are one of the three main paths through the game and while you can reap some decent points from the bonus level, you can also very easily bomb out and receive very little. Which leaves you with an unrewarding feeling. Previously, it didn't matter if you bombed out on one or even two of the bonus levels as one good bonus level would make up for it all. Now you have one shot to get decent points from an encounter - fail the bonus level and you walk away with very little. I think points within the Encounter (before the bonus level) need a buff to make it more rewarding.

I have a quick question for Xaqery . In the 1.00 update, this was in the release notes:

"If a ball falls into the mini-playfield when you are between Encounters and you can start an Encounter the next Encounter will now start"

Tonight I found myself with all 3 encounters complete and had at least 3 ramp shots required to light the Wizard mode. I shot the ball up the left ramp, but it wasn't powerful enough to make it all the way around and instead dropped into the mini playfield. I flipped the ball a few times and then let it drain out into the orbit since nothing was happening. At this point, the "You have what I want" wizard mode started - even though I had not completed the 3 ramp shots to enable it.

Is this what that point in the release notes was referring to? So it's possible to take a short cut to the next encounter (including the wizard mode) even if it's multiple shots away from being lit?

#3081 2 years ago

I'm still finding the "Light Heal" award from the Child doesn't actually light heal in the latest code.

Also got stung yet again by the Child magnet throwing the ball down the center (Razor Crest shot) and resulted in a STDM drain.. Really hate losing the ball from a mystery feature

#3101 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can someone double check this also pretty sure it’s a bug as I cannot get the right inlane hunter insert to light.
Also worth noting hunter is worth a lot of Beskar but the points are just not worth going for there needs to be more points added to hunter missions and at least one more hunter mission!

The points value in hunter is a little confusing as it is extremely low to the point where it's not really even worth having.

When playing hunter, my only care is getting as much Beskar as possible. The mode is about capturing a bounty and getting your beskar reward, so I wouldn't mind if the points bonus was removed completely. Another option may be to reward points based on how clean your bounty collect was.

The main reason we're all playing that mode though is to get our hands on Beskar and go shopping

Speaking of Beskar, I'd like to see a highscore entry for total beskar collected in a game!

#3103 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dwight informed me that Hunter is purposefully a low scoring mode as the focus is all about Beskar.
From memory as it’s kind of the mode I end up playing the least, I am pretty you can increase the Beskar reward hitting all the orange shots prior to collecting your bounty, but it’s timed so you can’t milk it.
More high score tables are always a good thing, highest Beskar earned and spent would be cool but Dwight mentioned previously IC Will kind of do that, although it would be nice to have them as a high score table for those of us not going with IC at home.

Yeah it makes sense that the hunter mode isn't about points. As a mode it plays fine and I have no problems with it. Just the point value displayed is so small compared with the rest of the game. Given that's the case, I'd hide the point reward from the display. Make it clear the mode is purely to get Beskar from your bounty.

I'd rather see the Encounters points boosted as those I think are genuinely too low right now. As it stands, if you have a poor bonus round on all three encounters, the total points from completing the encounter path would be less than a single mission or multiball.

You can increase the Beskar reward in hunter by hitting the opposite ramp, but must complete both orbits to collect the built up value.

I imagine there will be IC Achievements for cumulative collecting and spending Beskar. That makes sense. But a highscore entry for most beskar collected in a single game would be well worth doing. Beskar is one of the key elements of the gameplay and should have a highscore entry around it.

#3105 2 years ago
Quoted from Onthemove98:

Did 1.0 change when the extra ball lights? I think it is now after two missions but in previous code from factory it was after first mission. Was it code error or a change?

I noticed this also back when I upgraded to 1.0.

Check your extra ball settings in the service menu (Feature adjustment #26).

I think you'll find it set to "AUTO" which became the factory default. This means it will adjust over time.

I've set mine to 2 as I don't like auto adjusting features in the home environment.

#3107 2 years ago
Quoted from Onthemove98:

Oh interesting. I’m not sure I knew what that even meant. What does setting to 2 do?

It means it will be lit on starting the second mission.

You can set it to 1 so it's lit on starting your first mission.

I think the options are None, 1, 2 and AUTO.

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

More highscore tables are always a plus, it was one of the reasons my TWD lasted so long in my home there was a tonne of scoretables to get on making you focus and play different ways. And as you said Beskar is one of the key mechanics in Mando it would be great to have a highscore for Beskar earned or spent. Me and my mates sometimes play for the most Beskar earned it’s a fun little challenge and the looser drinks a couple shots haha.
Talking about high score tables as well as a Beskar one having high score tables for a few of the modes that seem missing would be good.
• Precious Cargo
• You Have What I Want
• I Like Those Odds
• Razorcrest Hurry Up
• Dank Farik

Yep I'm all for plenty of high score tables in a game. It offers up additional things to focus on when playing. There are times where I'm playing with the sole purpose of setting a new highscore on Encounters, Missions or Razor Crest. This helps to keep the game fresh as I break out of my scoring pattern of "get as many points as possible" and instead focus on how I can maximise points on the single feature I'm focusing on. It's essentially additional mini challenges in the game and will change how I play.

#3116 2 years ago

Came across a few bugs in the latest code (1.01) today on Prem/LE for you Xaqery

The Child mystery feature activates during attract mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's possible to trigger the child mystery feature while the game is running in attract mode.

To replicate:

- Start a new game
- Activate the child via the orbit or skillshot
- Wait for the ball save to expire and let the ball drain
- When ball 2 is served into the shooter lane, hold left flipper + Start to cancel the current game.
- Once game cancels back to attract mode, the auto launch will shoot the ball
- If the ball enters the child area before returning to the trough, the magnet will trigger and the mystery screen animation will play on screen, even though the game is in attract mode.

Encounter 1 progress is lost if you time out level 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------

On stage 3 of the first encounter, if you time out the bonus level (as in keep the ball in play on the mini playfield until the timer runs out in the bonus level), the encounter progress becomes bugged and you're repeating the first encounter from level 1.

The encounter inserts at the lower playfield will show encounter 1 as solid (complete) and encounter 2 as flashing (active), but when you shoot the ball into the mini playfield, you are once again playing the "protect the child" encounter.

Also, the inserts on the mini playfield are blue, which is what we would normally see when trying to progress to the second encounter. However shooting the ball into the mini playfield will start encounter 1 again.

To replicate:

- Start a new game
- Shoot left ramp to light encounter 1
- Complete encounter 1 - level 1
- Complete encounter 2 - level 2
- Complete encounter 3 - level 3 and keep the ball alive on the mini playfield until bonus level timer runs out and the flippers goes dead.
- Flippers disable for the ball to drain and bonus level points are shown
- Encounter insert 1 is now solid and insert 2 is flashing
- Shoot the ball into the mini playfield again and you will still be playing the first encounter "Protect the child".

#3123 2 years ago

With the scoring changes from 1.00, I noticed my average scoring had dropped by quite a bit. Even in my good games, my top scores were a far cry from my GC of 1.4 billion and was starting to wonder if I'd ever break a billion again.

This is the first time I've reset my scores after an update as I didn't feel my old scores accurately represented what was possible with the code.

But I finally managed to break through the 1bil point barrier again (running on v1.01).

I can see now just how valuable 5X playfield with the razor crest hurry up can be.

Running the game back through my mind now, I can see just how much more potential there still is. I dropped points in a couple of missions and I didn't play any mini wizard modes or the final wizard mode. No encounters completed either. Still so much more room for improvement

mando_1076694430 (resized).pngmando_1076694430 (resized).png

#3143 2 years ago

Finally got around to reproducing the challenge mode bug where instead of going back to attract mode after the mode ends, it jumps into normal gameplay instead.

When I encountered it during play tonight, I had flipped the ball up the ramp for the final shot in phase one before the flippers went dead. But because it completed a shot after the mode had ended, the it continued the game in the normal mode, but with encounters completed and the wizard mode insert flashing.

It's essentially timing related - Flip the ball before the flippers go dead and complete one of the red shots in phase 1 while the mode is forced to end.

I've seen this a few times now, but can now finally reproduce it easily enough. You don't have to hit the final shot in phase 1 and can hit any lit red shot.

Here's the steps Xaqery

To reproduce:

1) Hold both flipper buttons to bring up mode selection and select challenge mode
2) Don't complete all red shots in phase one, instead flip the ball around until the ball save runs out (or take the glass off and hit a few targets to keep the ball search happy).
3) Ball save will run out
4) The mode will eventually end after a short period of time after the ball save ends. You need to hit one of the lit red shots as the game ends and final score is shown.
5) Game now jumps into regular gameplay instead of back to the attract mode. All 3 encounters are shown as completed and wizard mode insert flashing.

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Quick question....what does the setting 27 under Game specific settings "Number of missions spotted" mean/do? The options are 0,1,2,3,4,5 or All
Thanks,

Pretty sure it will have that number of missions already completed when you start a game, making it easier to reach the mini wizard mode.

I remember Dwight showing off the Encounters mini wizard mode during the launch stream and he was able to bypass all encounters + levels via a setting similar to this in the service menu.

Easy enough to confirm though - set it to 2 and start a game and see

1 week later
#3251 2 years ago

Smashed out my best challenge mode score yet - finally breaking the 300M barrier that's eluded me for so long.

New target is 400M

mando_challenge_mode_highscore (resized).pngmando_challenge_mode_highscore (resized).png

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Yes I know it makes the shots 2x, but how does it affect for instance a mission?

The flame thrower is simply 2X the shot value. It has no other function.

The whistling birds weapon however is specific to missions and acts as a smart bomb feature, hitting all lit mission shots.

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do they do all lit shots or just one lit shot?

It's more than just 1 shot that it will hit - but will depend on what mission & what stage the mission is at.

From the release notes:

" - Added, when WHISTLING BIRDS is available during a mission, the equipment box
will display the number of shots it would collect."

1 week later
#3451 2 years ago

Looks like encounters are still bugged under 1.02 (Prem/LE). If you keep the ball alive long enough in the bonus round (until the timer runs out), the game gets confused and you replay "Protect the child" again.

Easiest way to reproduce:
1) Start new game
2) Shoot left ramp to light encounter
3) Shoot left ramp again to start the first encounter
4) Complete all 3 levels and keep the ball active on the mini playfield until the timer runs out
5) Flippers will go dead, encounter complete animation plays and ball released back to the playfield. Encounter 2 insert is now lit.
6) Shoot left ramp again and you're replaying the first encounter "Protect the child".

The inserts on the mini playfield during this also go blue while the replay of the encounter is active.

I still think the base points on encounters need to be increased slightly to make it a more viable scoring path. Boosting the bonus level points in v1.02 is OK since we miss out on bonus levels 1 and 2 - but overall encounters are not worth it point wise as it's entirely possible to fail a bonus level without a single shot (ball deflects down the middle of the mini playfield on the final shot to complete level 3).

1 week later
#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do any of the Foundry purchases carry over ball to ball?

Yeah many do like the flame thrower, amban rifle, armor, jet pack and whistling birds

3 weeks later
#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone know what "this is the way debug" is in the service menu? I have had game glitch on me here once before so wondering if that option should be Yes or No. Also, anyone having glitches with the Encounters? Maybe once each day I play I'll be forever stuck in a bonus level and even using a jetpack doesn't reset.

There's one bug with encounters that I can reproduce 100% of the time on my Premium (not sure if it applies to the Pro).

Complete level 3 for the first encounter and keep the ball active on the mini playfield during the bonus level until the timer runs out (where you're forced to end as the flippers lose power). When I shoot the encounter again, it will be stuck repeating the first encounter again with glitched insert lamps (and scoring I believe).

There's also a bit of a glitch where the game won't detect the ball has exited the mini playfield at times. I usually see this when the ball sneaks into the mini playfield, which will trigger the encounter. If the ball leaves the mini playfield while it's playing the encounter intro, the game is slow to detect the ball has left the mini playfield and resume the regular gameplay audio/video sequence.

2 weeks later
#4483 2 years ago

Managed to break the billion point barrier tonight on impossible mode (smashing my previous impossible GC score at the same time).

I love this mode and hope to see it in all future games

mando_1142035190_impossible (resized).pngmando_1142035190_impossible (resized).png

2 months later
#5070 1 year ago

My Insider Connected kit for Mando (Premium) arrived earlier in the week and I've been enjoying going after the achievements.

I've run into an issue with one of them though:

The Heat is On - Use the flamethrower to set all the shots on fire

I can't seem to unlock this. I hold the action button down to ensure the flame thrower sweeps across all shots to light them. But the achievement is never awarded. Has anyone else had issues unlocking this one?

#5072 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I had the same issue. There is a bug with this achievement. Try using it when multiple modes are active. I randomly got it one day and wondered why because I’ve used the flamethrower plenty of times before.

Interesting - good to know!

So far I've tried it within a mission, a multiball and a mission stacked with a multiball.

I'll try outside of any mode/multiball next (which is a waste - but, curious to see if that works).

One other scenario I can think of is having to buy it from the foundry and then use it.

Otherwise, I'll just keep using it and hope one day it triggers.

3 weeks later
#5253 1 year ago

It's been interesting to read other views on the current state of the Ambush mode.

I'm very much in the camp of just waiting out the timer to avoid the mode. The average points on offer just isn't worth the risk and it's not particulary interesting to shoot.

The only reason I'm currently playing Ambush is because there are 7 insider connected achievements tied to the mode. Otherwise, I'd not bother with it.

Originally the mode was too difficult to activate, so the change that brings it into play more was a good one. But it does highlight the fact the mode required additional work to make it more rewarding (not just in terms of points) to shoot.

I love the idea of being ambushed while being in between main features. I think Dwight was on the right track with that as it fits the Mando theme well. Never knowing when that ambush is just around the corner. Right now though, I know that hitting the loop will activate the mode. It's not a surprise. I also know that once active, I can just cradle the ball is sit out the timer. This isn't a good sign for a mode if people are taking this approach.

I'd love to see the mini playfield brought into this mode with some rules too.

It's good to see constructive discussion around the mode. Hopefully Xaqery is able to make some improvements to Ambush for the next code drop.

I still haven't been able to get the Flamethrower achievement even though I use it every game. Hopefully that will be fixed also.

3 weeks later
#5437 1 year ago

There is an issue with the upper playfield levelling for the 1-1 encounter under some circumstances. I'm running the latest code.

I think it's related to starting the first encounter, failing and then starting a multiball - possibly Jetpack multiball, where the upper playfield will change its level when you clear the targets.

What ever the case, the upper playfield moves to an incline that it shouldn't be for 1-1 and doesn't return when you get back into the 1-1 encounter.

2 weeks later
#5594 1 year ago

One new change I've noticed (so far) that wasn't in the patch notes is the behaviour of the mini playfield in Jet Pack Multiball (Premium / LE models).

Previously, it would sit at a set incline, then when you cleared the shots you would get add a ball and the incline would increase.

Now the incline on the mini playfield continually changes.

Not sure if that's a deliberate change - maybe Xaqery can shed some light?

3 weeks later
#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone else having issues with bugged achievements?
The Heat is On - Use the flamethrower to set all the shots on fire
This just does not seem to activate/register.
Also seem to be having issues with Math - activate all 3 multipliers in a single game.

"The Heat is On" has never activated for me after 100+ games with Insider hooked up. Others have had the same issue, or it took them multiple attempts for it to work. Certainly a bug Dwight needs to fix.

The "Math" achievement has worked for me though. You're activating all 3 at once yeah?

#5802 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you forget the sneak in, that's 3 already
and : Left flipper, full plunge, (right ramp than), up left ramp, is already part of 1 of the SUPERs, but ok about your idea, why not !?
or than once you are there (up left ramp) why not add a shot with the diverter to the mini playfield, for 1 target and a MEGA SUPER JP...

The sneak in isn't on the Prem/LE sadly

I find the current super skillshot combo so difficult to hit that I never bother shooting it. The only reason I have to shoot for it is to (one day) ride my luck to get the achievement associated with it. Otherwise I don't see the value in going straight into a multiball, mode or encounter - I'd rather get a multiplier or two going first.

#5823 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Is there a list of broken achievements? I started trying to go for achievements on this machine and had a couple that I thought I'd done but could just be mistaken.
Mission Master: Complete I Like Those Odds wizard mode
I got to the Wizard frenzy phase and figured that was the completion, but maybe I needed to just survive that 60 second countdown to get it?
Jack of Other Trades: Complete Hunter, Ambush, and Scope
Jack of all Trades: Complete 1 Mission, Hunter, Ambush, Scope, score one Super Jackpot and complete 1 Encounter
I'm fairly certain I did all of these criteria for both achievements. Jack of Other Trades a couple times I believe.
And I assuming the Tatooine Sunset: Score 75M in Mandalorian Madness is still unknown?

"The heat is on" is broken for me. I use the flame thrower at least once per game and am never awarded it.

I reached the frenzy phase of "I like Those Odds" a few days ago and also didn't receive the achivement. I'm not sure if there is something else I had to do during that phase to get it.

#5841 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay the flame thrower achievement “the heat is on” is it just using it at any point, multiball or must you have multiple modes running so all available playfield insert shots are lit when you use it?

I've tried using it in the following ways (always holding the button to light all shots):

- Normal play (no modes, multiballs, etc)
- In different Missions
- In different Multiballs
- Mission stacked with multiball
- Single player game
- Multiplayer game

It's never worked for me (I'm playing on a Premium).

#5849 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Mission Master: Complete I Like Those Odds wizard mode
I got to the Wizard frenzy phase and figured that was the completion, but maybe I needed to just survive that 60 second countdown to get it?

Just to update you - I managed to get this achievement tonight.

Once the frenzy phase is complete (timer hits zero), you get the achivement for completing the mini wizard mode and the game then goes to victory lap with just the left and right obits shots lit.

1 month later
#6123 1 year ago

I really hope they revamp Ambush as it's a mode I always just wait out.

Scope seems to be fine - it's a nice quick reflex shot. The only thing I'm not a fan of with it is the point award on the right ramp. It's pretty minimal in the grand scheme of the game scoring. The other two rewards (foundry items & beskar) are far more valuable.

2 weeks later
#6262 1 year ago

Looks like "The heat is on" achievement still isn't fixed Xaqery

I used this multiple times last night while logged in with insider connected, and it's still not awarded when used.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also hit a few issues with lamps and playfield inserts not being restored when the ball drains from the upper playfield while the encounter intro plays (often when the ball sneaks in to start the encounter). The only way to get the inserts and lamps back is to drain or start a multiball / mission mode. The game knows the ball is no longer in the upper playfield as playfield tagets respond when hit, it's just the inserts and lamps are off. This happened on a few occasions during the play session.

Some other feedback on the current code (Premium 1.40):

- Ambush now worth more, which is nice. Still find it a little dull to shoot though and would have loved to see additional shot logic. Would also have loved to earn Beskar and / or some extra fountry items from it. Bigger points on offer will have me play it more often though instead of waiting it out like I normally would.

- No highscore table for Ambush though? This would have been worth including and not sure why it was ommited. Would also have loved to see some additional high score table entries for things like Beskar collected / spent, items purchased, individual missions & multiballs, etc. I think there's a lot of room there for better high score entry tracking, giving players something extra to aim for and bragging rights.

- Points award for the scope shot I think needs to be increased or changed to another award. The other two shots (2 foundry items & beskar) are far more valuable than a few million points in a high scoring game.

- Would still love to see a timer added to the challenge mode, giving players the chance to either go for points or speed run it.

#6267 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

This is crazy talk!
oh wait. Its not. The fix didnt make it into the last release. Its in the next one. Sorry.

Awesome, thanks for following that up!

1 week later
#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

I was going to play some Ambush yesterday, I thought. I ended up talking through the problems I want to see fixed. I tried to be constructive. I'll make a list and edit this post later.

I think you made some good points and there were a few that have been bothering me for a little while now also.

The main one for me is access to the foundry. I find it's never "open" enough and when it is open, I'll usually just be buying the same items (flame thrower, amban rifle and if I'm lucky, extra ball). The rest of the items rarely get a look in as I know it's going to be awhile (if at all) that I'm back again.

Being able to collect beskar and purchase items is such a cool feature of the game play but I find it's just never available enough during a single game. In part because Beskar can be slow to aquire at times and also the requirements to open it are not immediately clear or frequent enough. Please Xaqery open this up more often and let us buy those items!

Your point about the lit mission inserts being hidden behind multiball inserts is another that's started to bug me and really hope that can be improved in the next update.

Ambush is certainly improved in terms of reward, although I'd love to see beskar feature as part of that reward. I still don't find the mode overly interesting to shoot, but at least there are now bigger points and some multipliers on offer making the risk of playing it more worthwhile. I'd love to see some animatins on the display too as you progress and change phases of this mode. It would feel much more immersive to the event and episode the ambush is themed on.

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but there are times where I will trap the ball during a mission, use the flame thrower and then try to use my smart missile - but it won't allow me to as it's in the instant info screen. My expectation would be that if I'm trapped up, I should be able to use items.

1 month later
#6742 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Just to confirm on code updating before I plug in the stick; there are 2 files for 1.41 that I unzipped and loaded to the stick, and the machine will automatically know what to do with them? Or will it prompt me to choose one or the other? Sorry but I’ve never done a 2 file update.

It will know what to do with them. The only selection you would need to make is if you have multiple code versions on the USB stick.

8 months later
#7543 7 months ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Really stupid question but here it goes. How do you use the stuff you buy in the foundry? I’ve tried over and over get the jet pack to finish an encounter for me and nothing happens. I can make the flamethrower work but nothing else.

Are you attempting to use it while the encounter is active (ball is in the upper playfield and the encounter mode running)? The action button should turn red when it's available to be used (press to use)

Whistling Birds are only available toi use when a mission is active, and the action button will flash yellow to show this (press to use)

Amban rifle is only available to use during a multiball and the action button will be green to show it's ready (press to use)

Everything else like Armor, Light scope, light heal, light extra ball, multiplier, etc are all instant (you don't have to perform an action to use them).

1 month later
#7619 5 months ago

Set a new GC on stream last night - next goal is 4 billion.

It's a shame encounters are still bugged after completing the game. I was getting the point where I was faced with having both missions and razor crest completed for a second time - with no way to play encounters, progress on a second completion would be blocked

mando_38 (resized).jpgmando_38 (resized).jpg
#7622 5 months ago

Yep, I've clipped multiple bugs from stream over the last 6 - 8 months that need to be looked at, which I've forwarded to Dwight.

I feel bad everytime I send one as I hate bothering him - but I love this game & it's important to get them fixed.

One of the benefits of captuing the game on video, it should help show the bug and the lead up to it occuring.

3 months later
#7748 70 days ago

Managed to put up some solid scores tonight during stream.

First was a 2 billion point impossible mode score:

mando_imp_2b (resized).pngmando_imp_2b (resized).png

Second was a 777 million point challenge mode score:

mando_chal_777 (resized).pngmando_chal_777 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jesder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=Jesder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.