Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamwin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3017 2 years ago

having issues with getting the new code, i've downloaded the file, extracted it, when i choose the file in etcher, there's two files and no matter which one I select, it says it's missing partition table etc...This seems like it should be fairly straight forward but I am clearly managing to eff it up. Can someone help me figure out what i'm doing wrong? thanks in advance.

Downloaded code over wifi is much easier now but with older code, i can't do it yet.

#3018 2 years ago

these are the files that extract from zip file

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes you need both on the drive the game will do the rest during the update
Edit: was about to add have both files on the main drive folder nothing else, but Chuck beat me to it below.

Thanks all for helping, to clarify, in Etcher, you can only select one file to flash so I can't select both files. However, are you saying that I can just copy and paste the files onto a thumb drive and then insert into the machine for the update?

I thought you had to flash them onto an SD card then insert the card in place of the existing.

#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Correct. Copy just those two files onto a USB stick. Turn the pin off. Put in the USB stick. Turn on the pin.
Don't touch the SD card at all.

hallelujah, thanks y'all. clearly I making this more complicated. Thanks again.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Reflashing the SD card is a whole different process that needs a completely different file set.
There are instructions at the top of EVERY readme file of every code update. They state:
Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy the spk file to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3 - Remove the USB stick from your computer when it is finished writing.
4 - Power the game off.
5 - Insert the USB stick.
6 - Turn the game on.
7 - After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
8 - The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
9 - Once the update is completed, the game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

Thanks man!

#3111 2 years ago

Question, recently got my Pro, when you get a "Child Award", as it's cycling through award you'll receive, the playfield scoring is basically dead but you're still flipping because the ball is active. Is this because in the Prem/LE models, Grogu grabs the ball and it becomes stationary? Weird to basically have a dead playfield with no lit shots but is what it is. TIA

2 weeks later
#3237 2 years ago

Mando Pro, trying my best to love this pin but man....hitting right orbit, as it comes back around off the left orbit lane to feed left flipper, it is hitting the rail/ball guide at last minute and redirecting sdtm. This is maddening! Tried leveling it to offset but it is a noticeable "lateral bump" as it rolls along the metal guide. Anyone else having this issue and is there a way to move the ball guide/rail back some? Pic shows around about where it hits and rolls off line. thanks in advance.

mando rail (resized).jpgmando rail (resized).jpg
#3240 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Haha.. yes! I stopped mid game when playing with my son. Loosrn the screws to the rail a little and adjust it. Hold in place and retighten. Test it before putting the glass back on. Falls perfectly to the flipper. There's just enough adjustment to fix it. I also swapped to titan clears. Not sure if there's a other less diameter than stock post but I like the look better. I think u are bumping the post on the way down. Drove me crazy.

Awesome man, thanks for the insights. I've never wanted to slap the shit out of a pin more than this one when it happens. specifically what size titan clears did you install? thanks again.

#3244 2 years ago
Quoted from DJK77:

Yep gotta move the guide out. I put a second screw in it as well. Guide takes a direct shot and bam right back in too far.

Where/how did you put the second screw? I moved the guide like y'all said and so far so good, makes a all the difference in the game, lol. I might actually keep it now.

In case anyone is having issues with the ball rattling and not making it up the right ramp, I added a washer to the right ramp plastic protector to elevate the plastic so that the ball doesn't hit it and rattle back down as much. Similar to the AIQ Captain Marvel ramp where if you don't hit it just right it rattles around as it is on the up part of ramp, loses momentum, and doesn't make it all the way up. Elevating the plastic has made the shot more smooth so far.

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A few more tweaks but happy with how these look, had these lying around in boxes so thought I would finally put them too use.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great man! where did you get the mod that sits on top of the scoop? i've seen that in a few pics but can't seem to locate who is selling it. thanks in advance.

1 week later
#3477 2 years ago

Can someone give me a reminder on how to save scores when updating code? I inadvertently erased 2 years of Star Wars scores when I finally got around to updating it and since I have enough time on Mando with some good scores I don’t want to replicate a bone headed move. Thanks in advance.

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Thinking of ordering a pro but just curious if the premium is worth the upgrade on this one or if the pro is enough?

I have a Pro but have put a lot time on LE/Prem at various locations and they’re both good. I like the back playfield of the Pro better but like the right ramp and horseshoe shot of the premium better. Pro definitely feels more empty standing over it so adding mods has helped and you will have to get the wire forms installed for a Pro because the plastic trails are garbage for visibility. In hindsight, I would probably have gone with a Premium but for the money you can’t go wrong with a Pro. Initially, I ordered a Pro because I felt like the raising and lowering of the back PF would slow game play but even with the Pro, the ball gets held up and gets dropped in so it’s basically doing the same thing in terms of flow. I purchased mine before they were out so it was a guess decision at the time. From a cost perspective, the money I spent on modding my Pro, couldn’t just gotten a Premium but would likely have still added some mods to a premium.

Is that clear as mud or what? Lol, hope it helps.

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Howdy,
NIB Pro owner. A few random comments.
- Unpacked, 12/10/22 prod date.
- Updated to 1.01 code
- Installed shaker
- Adjusted a couple of bent targets.
- WiFi and Insider Connected were installed. WiFi dongle is an inexpensive USB model.
--amazon.com link »
- Powder coat was complete on the latches.
- U-turn had already washers.
- Ordered wireframes, side armor, cup holders
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Annoyances:
- Why start shipping with Insider when its not available yet? WiFi is installed but "NET" inst in the service menu. They even had the instructions taped to the top glass. I assume Stern expected to have it enabled by now?
- Everyone of the wire labels had opened up. Went through all of them, re-stuck(?) them and flattened them. Seem to be OK now.
Playfield looks great. Plays really well. Really enjoying the game. Constantly being beaten by my wife.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

do you have to add your own wifi dongle? i can't recall doing it for my godzilla and it had IC up and running.

1 week later
#3697 2 years ago

Thoughts on using loctite for the screws that hold the left orbit rail in place so it guides to left flipper? Having to readjust it again. Gotta say, of the Sterns i've owned, this one requires the most tinkering and constant adjusting.

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't loctite wood screws. Usually more tension is the answer. So lock washers, etc might help. Or giving the screw more bite into the guide to prevent slipage.

Good suggestion. Will add lock washers. Thx all.

#3774 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Heal is a must buy at the Foundry. It's guaranteed that I'll switch heal to the wrong Outlane as the ball is draining.

This is the way for sure

3 weeks later
#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Did you ever figure out how to get your left orbit rail to stay in place. After I placed a washer underneath it to raise it off the playfield it gets knocked back inside causing the ball to hit the post and drain. I have tightened the screws as tight as the will go and it still moves.

I tightened the screws more than I did previously and seems to be holding steady for now but I fear this is probably something that will just need to be adjusted from time to time but if you stumble upon a better fix, please share.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 22.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamwin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=Jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.