Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 157.
#4701 2 years ago

Best mod by far......Logans wireforms makes a pro feel more like premium an absolute must!!

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Congrats! Mando pro was my first pin too. I love it and I bet you'll love yours too.
I've done a bunch of mods, but I feel like in order of necessity it goes cliffy ramp guards, grogubot, wizblades, foundry, and everything else feels subjective. I did add a washer to my uturn to prevent it from cutting into the playfield, so that's worth considering too.

Thanks!

Yeah I've seen posts on the foundry, I'll definitely look into that too. Seems to get a lot of love on here.

Is there a good site to buy the cliffy ramp guards from? I think they're out of stock at https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm but he hasn't got back to me yet so not sure.

Quoted from freddy:

Shaker! Best mod! Game is coded well for it.

Is it?! I'll have to look into it then. I can see a shaker mod being great in a game like JP with the T-Rex. Guess I'll have to look into it more then, thanks

Quoted from acedanger:

Best mod by far......Logans wireforms makes a pro feel more like premium an absolute must!!

Just googled it (found his pinside ad) and yeah those look so much better. Thanks for the heads up on his stuff!

#4703 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

100% this.
Wireforms are by far the best investment for the pro.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

100% this.
Wireforms are by far the best investment for the pro.

If I get the wireforms, do I need to worry about purchasing the accessories by cliffys to protect the plastic ramp that seems to be prone to breaking? Not sure if that part would still be there after doing the wireforms.

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

If I get the wireforms, do I need to worry about purchasing the accessories by cliffys to protect the plastic ramp that seems to be prone to breaking? Not sure if that part would still be there after doing the wireforms.

Yup still need cliffys. Also, order back-up coil stops too.

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Shaker! Best mod! Game is coded well for it.

Yes, agree on the shaker mod. Mando Prem is my first pin too, and the shaker was an "ehhh" mod until I played one with it. Love it

Cliffys (passionforpinball base kit) seem to be running 3-4 weeks turn-around. Worth getting them ordered ASAP if you're worried about the ramp

#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.

I found this issue on ALL the new Mando machines they had on the floor at TPF. It truly made the game a horrible experience and nearly unplayable. Really unfortunate you're having an issue with it. It feels like Stern may have either had a bad batch of parts, or a bad run at the factory.

Either way, if the ball isn't smoothly feeding towards your left flipper on plunge, something is wrong. Wonder if Stern has any repair/adjustment suggestions.

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thoroughly inspected the cab and playfield before playing. No sign that there was ever a nut there.
It’s possible it’s wedged somewhere.
But I have yet to find it.
I’m swapping out the clear star posts for beskar posts later, so maybe I’ll find it then.

I set up my Premium on Sunday morning and 6 hours later I noticed the ball was stuck leaving the upper playfield drain. After a through inspection I noticed that there was a screw setting in the slit that was stopping the ball. I also noticed that the screw for the that holds the one way wire had come out and the wire was loose going into the mini playfield. After a through search I found that screw in the cabinets and replaced it. I then went and checked every screw and not to make sure they are secured. I did not that the nut holding the upper red flasher on the left side looks like it's barely holding it however when I tried to turn it by hand, it feels like it is secure.

Mando 1 (resized).jpgMando 1 (resized).jpgMando 2 (resized).jpgMando 2 (resized).jpgMando 3 (resized).jpgMando 3 (resized).jpgMando 4 (resized).jpgMando 4 (resized).jpg
#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

I set up my Premium on Sunday morning and 6 hours later I noticed the ball was stuck leaving the upper playfield drain. After a through inspection I noticed that there was a screw setting in the slit that was stopping the ball. I also noticed that the screw for the that holds the one way wire had come out and the wire was loose going into the mini playfield. After a through search I found that screw in the cabinets and replaced it. I then went and checked every screw and not to make sure they are secured. I did not that the nut holding the upper red flasher on the left side looks like it's barely holding it however when I tried to turn it by hand, it feels like it is secure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep! Helmet gate screw also slopped off of mine mid-play @ maybe 10 plays. That lil' buggar wedged up in the drop ramp just below it. Hopefully more first-time-mando owners see your photos!

#4710 2 years ago

Got my first pinball machine yesterday a Mandalorian Premium and after the first game when the wire ramp came falling off that I was missing this screw. I've checked all throughout the cabinet and play field and can't find it. Does anyone know what the specs for the screw are so I can get a temporary replacement from the hardware store?

Other than that the game has been a blast! I do need to try y'alls equalizer suggestions as any volume over 8 has some serious buzzing/rattle from the subwoofer.

PXL_20220412_000044889.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220412_000044889.MP (resized).jpg
#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Wonder if Stern has any repair/adjustment suggestions.

actually stern already has a solution to this issue. found this in my mando premium made in december 2021. they have fixed the guide to the playfield with a screw. and by the line of dirt seen on the playfield protector, balls seem to run smoothly down...

IMG_20220412_155520 (resized).jpgIMG_20220412_155520 (resized).jpg

#4712 2 years ago
Quoted from cmblego:

Got my first pinball machine yesterday a Mandalorian Premium and after the first game when the wire ramp came falling off that I was missing this screw. I've checked all throughout the cabinet and play field and can't find it. Does anyone know what the specs for the screw are so I can get a temporary replacement from the hardware store?
Other than that the game has been a blast! I do need to try y'alls equalizer suggestions as any volume over 8 has some serious buzzing/rattle from the subwoofer.
[quoted image]

I see on your pictures too that you have damage on the wireform above the weld spots. On my AIQ it was so bad that the ball would drop off if it was fast enough because it jumped there. The replacement was smooth. On my Mando I have that too but the it's not to a point where the ball falls off at least not at the pitch I have. I wonder if they switched the manufacturer for the wireforms, or due to supply chain issues they simply don't sort the damaged ones out anymore.

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

actually stern already has a solution to this issue. found this in my mando premium made in december 2021. they have fixed the guide to the playfield with a screw. and by the line of dirt seen on the playfield protector, balls seem to run smoothly down...
[quoted image]

My January build has that screw, but it still had the issue because it wasn't tightened enough and the guide moved. I had to really tighten that down to get it to stay put.

#4714 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Yep! Helmet gate screw also slopped off of mine mid-play @ maybe 10 plays. That lil' buggar wedged up in the drop ramp just below it. Hopefully more first-time-mando owners see your photos!

Me too on the helmet gate screw. I guess installing it is a 2 person job.

#4715 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

My January build has that screw, but it still had the issue because it wasn't tightened enough and the guide moved. I had to really tighten that down to get it to stay put.

My January machine has that screw and it doesn't help. A routed machine near me that was a pretty early run also has that screw. Happy yours is working well for you, I've had to re-adjust mine twice. Yours looks a hair dirtier than mine, so must be holding up well. I fear I'm gonna have to torq it down into the board.

#4716 2 years ago

Do you think they will fix the "ramp" cracking issue on new builds??

#4717 2 years ago

Anyone figure this out yet from Insider Connect?

madness (resized).pngmadness (resized).png
#4718 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Anyone figure this out yet from Insider Connect?[quoted image]

Nope still undiscovered as far as I've seen

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Curious myself, wondering if you have to play around midnight.

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Curious myself, wondering if you have to play around midnight.

That’s what it seems like it’s going to possibly be. A midnight madness mode for Mando would be cool.

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I see on your pictures too that you have damage on the wireform above the weld spots. On my AIQ it was so bad that the ball would drop off if it was fast enough because it jumped there. The replacement was smooth. On my Mando I have that too but the it's not to a point where the ball falls off at least not at the pitch I have. I wonder if they switched the manufacturer for the wireforms, or due to supply chain issues they simply don't sort the damaged ones out anymore.

Mine boops off every now and then and I figured it was just barely catching the cross member appendage at the apex of the wireforms if it was zooming too quickly. Hmmm...I'll have to study it more. Thought it was just the ramp needed a bit of 'up-torquing' to alleviate the closeness...just a mm or 2 seemed to cure it for a bit.

#4722 2 years ago

Finally got all playfield multipliers lit and hit a multiball with flamethrower. Shots were 36mil a piece. Was fun!

Sadly couldn't keep it going to break a billion.

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Finally got all playfield multipliers lit and hit a multiball with flamethrower. Shots were 36mil a piece. Was fun!
Sadly couldn't keep it going to break a billion.

Man getting all the playfield multipliers stacked is a very satisfying feeling. I love starting jetpack with all multipliers going and using my flamethrower on the super jackpot…big points!

#4724 2 years ago

You think Stern might be waiting to reveal the topper on May the 4th?

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

You think Stern might be waiting to reveal the topper on May the 4th?

Who knows. Last rumour was we going to see it any day now and that was about a month ago. Regardless, still super excited to see what they have cooked up!

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Who knows. Last rumour was we going to see it any day now and that was about a month ago. Regardless, still super excited to see what they have cooked up!

It really needs a IG-11

#4727 2 years ago

Can somebody tell me if there is a new type of cliffy to protect the central ramp on the new run of the games (stern inider run) ?
thanks

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from Nicoco4472:

Can somebody tell me if there is a new type of cliffy to protect the central ramp on the new run of the games (stern inider run) ?
thanks

I don't think it changes. I used Cliffy's from before he added the upper playfield drain piece on my January make with IC, no issues.

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I don't think it changes. I used Cliffy's from before he added the upper playfield drain piece on my January make with IC, no issues.

Just installed my cliffy set the other week on a premium from the latest run. Don’t think there was any change to the design, but install was simple and now things are safe! Definitely recommended.

#4730 2 years ago

thanks for the answers

#4731 2 years ago

My helmet screw came off after 20 plays as well. The gate scratched up the clear plastic as it happened while my kid played and went unnoticed a few games.

3C614F3F-166B-4FF9-8CD5-312F3B6A2818 (resized).jpeg3C614F3F-166B-4FF9-8CD5-312F3B6A2818 (resized).jpeg
#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

My helmet screw came off after 20 plays as well. The gate scratched up the clear plastic as it happened while my kid played and went unnoticed a few games.
[quoted image]

You may be able to buff out those scratches on the plastic with Novus 2.

#4733 2 years ago

I've been told that the right ramp is adjustable but can't find how to do it. Can someone give me a thread link or instruction? I've played others that are smooth as butter and mine not so much.

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I've been told that the right ramp is adjustable but can't find how to do it. Can someone give me a thread link or instruction? I've played others that are smooth as butter and mine not so much.

What's adjustable is up and down movement. How tight the ramp is to the playfield. It is one nut under the playfield at the entrance to the ramp.

Screenshot_20220414-211549_Photo Editor (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220414-211549_Photo Editor (resized).jpg
#4735 2 years ago

I just set up a new pro, and everything works except the lights on the main CPU board in the backbox. I tried adjusting it in the settings and can't get the backbox to light up. Has anyone ever had this issue? TIA

SOLVED: The jumper on CN15 was not in the correct position.

#4736 2 years ago

For adjusting the right ramp. Are we finding it’s more “butter” if looser instead of tighter?

If I loosen the nut from being snug. The ramp itself is loose (you can move the ramps metal lower side protectors).

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

What's adjustable is up and down movement. How tight the ramp is to the playfield. It is one nut under the playfield at the entrance to the ramp.
[quoted image]

Praises! Thanks a bunch!

#4738 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I don’t think it’s in the game yet, no one seems to have found the mode it’s tied too.

Xaqery ??

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think it’s in the game yet, no one seems to have found the mode it’s tied too.
Xaqery ??

Topper mode?

#4740 2 years ago

That’s a good guess…I didn’t think of the topper but Stern definitely likes to add modes to some of the toppers.

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

For adjusting the right ramp. Are we finding it’s more “butter” if looser instead of tighter?
If I loosen the nut from being snug. The ramp itself is loose (you can move the ramps metal lower side protectors).

I tried a couple of ways, but just loosening it worked for me.

#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s a good guess…I didn’t think of the topper but Stern definitely likes to add modes to some of the toppers.

Based on what Zack said in his podcast a couple months back, this topper will certainly have a dedicated mode. Stern has only done that previously on Jurassic Park I believe.

#4743 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Based on what Zack said in his podcast a couple months back, this topper will certainly have a dedicated mode. Stern has only done that previously on Jurassic Park I believe.

AIQ also had one…when you collect/light all the stones on the topper you get a special multiball.

#4744 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced an issue where ambush starts immediately when starting a game? Common sense tells me that a switch is gapped too close and the flipper vibration is activating it but I’m not sure.

#4745 2 years ago

Picking up a mando premium Monday. I’ve seen the posts of damaged ramps. Can I play it before my cliffys arrive? Thanks!

#4746 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Picking up a mando premium Monday. I’ve seen the posts of damaged ramps. Can I play it before my cliffys arrive? Thanks!

No, wait. They break really quickly. Read previous posts. But you will anyway and regret it later. Ask your dealer how quick to get that ramp you just broke. After unpacking, tighten every screw you can get too. Take pictures of your playfield with glass off. This will be reference point later, when you wonder that screw belongs. Pay special attention to area in front of the helmet and below it. Items fall and get lodged there. Cliffys take 1 hour to install.

#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Has anyone experienced an issue where ambush starts immediately when starting a game? Common sense tells me that a switch is gapped too close and the flipper vibration is activating it but I’m not sure.

That definitely sounds like your rollover switch at the u-turn is triggered by vibrations. Try bending it very, very slightly and see if that fixes it. You still want the switch to be a hair trigger to avoid the opposite problem of not triggering when it should.

#4748 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Yes. Turn your flipper strength down (as you should on all brand new sterns) and you will be fine.

I would wager the majority of cracked mando ramps is from people playing the game out of the box with flippers on Max strength.

When you turn your strength down test that you can still make the main ramp and u-turn. Otherwise you may have them too weak.

In the end its your game so your choice but I'm 300+ games in on my LE and the ramps are fine.

#4749 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Yes. Turn your flipper strength down (as you should on all brand new sterns) and you will be fine.
I would wager the majority of cracked mando ramps is from people playing the game out of the box with flippers on Max strength.
When you turn your strength down test that you can still make the main ramp and u-turn. Otherwise you may have them too weak.
In the end its your game so your choice but I'm 300+ games in on my LE and the ramps are fine.

Just throw the Cliffy’s on, its cheap insurance

#4750 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

That definitely sounds like your rollover switch at the u-turn is triggered by vibrations. Try bending it very, very slightly and see if that fixes it. You still want the switch to be a hair trigger to avoid the opposite problem of not triggering when it should.

That didn’t work. I’m going to replace the switch entirely. Also, the right ramp opto isn’t triggering in game or in test. Haven’t examined it in detail yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.