Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 157.
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Need some help...
Just set up a game at work, build date is March 8 of this year. I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.
I tried the following:
1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the guide out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
2) Bent the rail guide by the post. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
I'm finding this annoying. Anyone else have this issue and find a resolution?

Get a flange nut with serration from lowes/home depot in the speciatly drawers. Let those buggers dig into the backside of the PF.

#4652 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ben adjust your right ramp it should be smooth as butter, there is a bolt under the ramp flap you can access from under the playfield tightening and loosening it will adjust the incline of the ramps entrance way.
Also adjusting the plastic guard on top of the right ramp can give the ball a little more freedom to move and flow so experiment with it till your happy, both my ramps well all 3 including the little middle one up the back are smooth and rocket back to my flippers.

This was good advice, it did help a little I think. I also slightly lowered flipper power and I like it there (225).

Does anyone know what switches award beskar in small amounts? It happened again where anytime I flip it is awarding a small amount of points and 2-4 beskar. I assume a switch is stuck on somewhere but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Nvm, I think I found some other posts about this by searching for beskar... it's apparently the switch behind the scoop.

#4653 2 years ago

Just finished up a decent game…love how you build up the playfield multiplier and keep it going. What a fun challenge and really pays off if you can start a mini Wiz mode with 5x.

A6DED2DB-19B1-498D-8969-09E233BB5E43.jpegA6DED2DB-19B1-498D-8969-09E233BB5E43.jpegB07A0924-6012-44BA-8FAF-FEB85699DBA9.jpegB07A0924-6012-44BA-8FAF-FEB85699DBA9.jpeg
#4654 2 years ago

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I agree: pinball and glue, while it may work, is just not a solution I want to go with.
I'll look into your proposed solution, thanks!
I have another Mandalorian on location and I don't have this issue. I wonder where Stern went wrong where a few of us unlucky folks are dealing with this...

Get a lock washer and maybe that will hold it in the adjusted location.

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yes, it’s the 10pt switch just under the pop bumpers. Adjust the leaf switch. I had the same issue. I also contacted stern and NEVER heard back, kind of like when they stalled me for 3 months regarding my “no encounter” issue out of box- which I finally just gave up and bought new parts to fix myself. Oops, I’m ranting about sucky technical support from stern. But this is about you and your 10pt switch and the awesome pinside community that alerted me to my 10pt switch when I had the same issue.
Thank you pinside. Suck it stern (and I guess I’ll suck it myself because I still have 6 of your games - decent product - crappy service).

Well I will say I did log a ticket and got a response in a couple hours. But I think you were spot on with 10pt. Here is what the leaf switch looked like when I pulled it out.
22246F3C-B6CB-47BF-BE2E-C497D5DA08FD (resized).jpeg22246F3C-B6CB-47BF-BE2E-C497D5DA08FD (resized).jpegSo far so good now. I will definitely +100 for pinside community! Thanks.

#4656 2 years ago

Is the horseshoe scoop (premium) a rattle fest when trying to backhand from right flipper, or is there some adjustments I need to make?

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Is the horseshoe scoop (premium) a rattle fest when trying to backhand from right flipper, or is there some adjustments I need to make?

Mine is good. Tricky shot.

#4658 2 years ago

Joined the club today with a Nib LE. I promised the wife I’d get her one at release and missed out. Patience paid off today.
Wife is extremely happy and it’s our anniversary today. Couple of brownie points here.

17A9CBFB-675D-4963-A9E8-A30D200CD02D (resized).jpeg17A9CBFB-675D-4963-A9E8-A30D200CD02D (resized).jpegE1F2C195-201F-483E-80B5-9577FAA4F273 (resized).jpegE1F2C195-201F-483E-80B5-9577FAA4F273 (resized).jpeg791110CE-A6E0-4E9C-BEE4-768009A35789 (resized).jpeg791110CE-A6E0-4E9C-BEE4-768009A35789 (resized).jpeg
#4659 2 years ago

Just installed the Flamin Frames from DugFreez of Speaker Light Kits. Jaw dropping when I “fired” it up! I forgot to order the acrylic backing to spread the lights out more thoroughly but it’s still great lighting.

A8E92252-3FE9-4449-9F9A-2409E392FF33 (resized).jpegA8E92252-3FE9-4449-9F9A-2409E392FF33 (resized).jpeg
#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:Just installed the Flamin Frames from DugFreez of Speaker Light Kits. Jaw dropping when I “fired” it up! I forgot to order the acrylic backing to spread the lights out more thoroughly but it’s still great lighting.
[quoted image]

Those look awesome!!

Got some of those with the city skyline on order my for zilla. Can't wait such a cool upgrade

#4661 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Those look awesome!!
Got some of those with the city skyline on order my for zilla. Can't wait such a cool upgrade

Very nice! Your gonna love how they look in person. The picture doesn’t do these lights justice.

#4662 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:I think Dwight punted that tuning to the community (probably recognizing that all machines are gonna be a little different and your mileage may vary). One of the last few updates introduced timing/pulse settings for the child magnet, which would theoretically allow you to tweak how much it does/doesn’t get thrown around.
Problem is that’s a lot of trial and error and I (personally) don’t have the desire to spend an afternoon on that.
I’m guessing making the pulses longer would reduce movement, but I’d need to look closer at what those adjustments are.

I've suggested this before but its all personal choice.... lowering the slings greatly reduces the ability to get random boba fett and hunter hits (which are important for playfield x and getting beskar). Debatable if it reduces outlane drain. So essentially your maybe gaining in one area and definitely taking away from another.

I consistently get billion + games by manipulating playfield x and with a crap ton of games under my belt I can suggest keeping slings at factory for best scores and progression. Maybe spend some beskar on outlane heal also. But point being i get most of my needed hunter and boba fett hits from the slings action.

#4663 2 years ago

Has anyone had their diverter blade break and replaced it? Mine is still the stock from my NIB but I proactively ordered one from Marco’s and was going to put it in expecting it to break at some point. I was attempting to remove it and I stripped the screw somewhat and don’t want to try again to get it off. It seems super tight and I’m not even sure it’s the right screw to replace it. I’m just assuming by the looks of it.

#4664 2 years ago

Need some help...
Just set up a game at work, build date is March 8 of this year. I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.
I tried the following:
1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the guide out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
2) Bent the rail guide by the post. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
I'm finding this annoying. Anyone else have this issue and find a resolution?

Pinball Universe sells an upgrade kit that comes with a bracket to hold the orbit in the right location. It’s a lot to buy for the just the bracket, though.

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Well I will say I did log a ticket and got a response in a couple hours. But I think you were spot on with 10pt. Here is what the leaf switch looked like when I pulled it out.
[quoted image]So far so good now. I will definitely +100 for pinside community! Thanks.

So I thought I was good, but no dice. But think I tracked down the issue some. Switch ID: 75 (mini playfield right target) is now triggering when you fire either left of right flippers. I have checked the targets leaf switch and it looks fine and isn't making contact by the force of the flippers. Since I also seem to have issues with the playfield lights staying on it seems like a potential node board issue. Am I off base? I have checked and can't find any loose connections.

#4666 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couple of mods I made for myself and a couple others I might offer out to fellow owners if there’s any interest in them?
Would love to hear any feeedback or thoughts from fellow owners.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Both Mods are interesting- how does one obtain them?

Kind Regards,
BSM

#4667 2 years ago

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I agree: pinball and glue, while it may work, is just not a solution I want to go with.
I'll look into your proposed solution, thanks!
I have another Mandalorian on location and I don't have this issue. I wonder where Stern went wrong where a few of us unlucky folks are dealing with this...

I had the same issue you are having a few times as well, I used a small star washer between the screw and the rail tab and it hasn't moved since.

#4668 2 years ago

So far I’m really enjoying this pin and especially the playfield multiplier. I’m hoping the next code update will weed out some of the bugs, like when the skill shot lights child and starts it at the same time. I would also love to see a super jackpot high score added. It’s just really fun to juice up the multiplier, start a multiball and try to double the super with the flamethrower. I think I had a 460 million super during jet multiball…felt awesome to cash in.

16EDA4BC-30A8-487D-BE59-971692CF19C1.jpeg16EDA4BC-30A8-487D-BE59-971692CF19C1.jpeg7343E36A-85C4-4016-80EC-256E1B39B06A.jpeg7343E36A-85C4-4016-80EC-256E1B39B06A.jpeg
#4669 2 years ago

Mando topper in my dreams last night. Was awesome. Every day, continuing disappointment. One day sweet topper, we may see you. Today is not that day. Tomorrow....maybe.........probably not.

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Mando topper in my dreams last night. Was awesome. Every day, continuing disappointment. One day sweet topper, we may see you. Today is not that day. Tomorrow....maybe.........probably not.

The Mando topper will be worth the wait. It's awesome!

#4671 2 years ago

My Mando Premium is being delivered tomorrow!

#4672 2 years ago

In the club....unboxed my new Mando and put it on the Stern wall next to Old School Stern - Berzerk. Shout out to Zach Meny and Flip N Out...messaged him Sunday night not expecting or requiring a response...he responded in minutes. Paid for it Sunday night...it shipped Monday...Fed Ex called Tues...I set up a time today. Paid MSRP and free shipping. Very smooth...waiting for Mods now. Thanks Zach! I am out of room now...need to kick a few arcade cabs to the curb.

20220406_183740 (resized).jpg20220406_183740 (resized).jpg20220406_183748 (resized).jpg20220406_183748 (resized).jpg20220406_183759 (resized).jpg20220406_183759 (resized).jpg20220406_184041 (resized).jpg20220406_184041 (resized).jpg
#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

In the club....unboxed my new Mando and put it on the Stern wall next to Old School Stern - Berzerk. Shout out to Zach Meny and Flip N Out...messaged him Sunday night not expecting or requiring a response...he responded in minutes. Paid for it Sunday night...it shipped Monday...Fed Ex called Tues...I set up a time today. Paid MSRP and free shipping. Very smooth...waiting for Mods now. Thanks Zach! I am out of room now...need to kick a few arcade cabs to the curb.

Those three pins next to each other are quite the trio! Congrats on the new game!

#4674 2 years ago

Loving the game so far.

2 weeks. 30 plays.

My left ramp is wrecked, wobbling, and rejecting half my shots now.

I don’t see a fix for it marked as a key post in this thread, so I’ll hafta search it cause I’m sure you folks have figured something out.

My distributor already has a ticket in with stern for a replacement ramp. But I know it’s just going to break the same way.

That metal takes a lot of abuse and there is nothing to keep the plastic from flexing too much when that happens.

4F1CBB58-0441-4173-B223-1282B06B1980 (resized).jpeg4F1CBB58-0441-4173-B223-1282B06B1980 (resized).jpeg
#4675 2 years ago

I was wondering why this seems to be the only newer Stern that can be purchased without a huge backlog of people on a waitlist? I am not a huge Mandalorian fan (but like Star Wars). I was thinking of getting out of my current waitlist for a different Stern Premium and picking this one up. I am a bit discouraged with the wait for non-Mandalorian titles. Thx

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Loving the game so far.
2 weeks. 30 plays.
I don’t see a fix for it marked as a key post in this thread, so I’ll hafta search it cause I’m sure you folks have figured something out.
My distributor already has a ticket in with stern for a replacement ramp. But I know it’s just going to break the same way.
That metal takes a lot of abuse and there is nothing to keep the plastic from flexing too much when that happens.
[quoted image]

https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

mandalorian-base-v2-001 (resized).jpgmandalorian-base-v2-001 (resized).jpg
#4677 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Loving the game so far.
2 weeks. 30 plays.
[quoted image]

You need the ramp cliffys there. It's the only 100% must have mod to this pin imo. You can put them over the broken ramp and keep the replacement as a spare part.

See link above

#4679 2 years ago

Strange I was looking at gallery images for Mandalorian & saw that the front plastic that feeds the ball to upper PF has explosions on it. It's just clear plastic on mine; but I kinda like it... does anyone know where I could get it? thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 3.33.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 3.33.14 PM (resized).png
#4680 2 years ago
C80EDB3C-3C74-4469-9B32-E2F704421ED0 (resized).jpegC80EDB3C-3C74-4469-9B32-E2F704421ED0 (resized).jpeg
#4681 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Strange I was looking at gallery images for Mandalorian & saw that the front plastic that feeds the ball to upper PF has explosions on it. It's just clear plastic on mine; but I kinda like it... does anyone know where I could get it? thanks.
[quoted image]

Interesting! Mine's clear too. I added the lights behind those cutouts so I wouldn't want to block that, but it's interesting seeing the subtle design changes Stern makes between production runs.

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Interesting! Mine's clear too. I added the lights behind those cutouts so I wouldn't want to block that, but it's interesting seeing the subtle design changes Stern makes between production runs.

ya same here very interesting... I actually have very small scratch on my plastic it would be cool to see if I could find that one I also did that Mod too really adds.

#4683 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

ya same here very interesting... I actually have very small scratch on my plastic it would be cool to see if I could find that one I also did that Mod too really adds.

Clear here as well. I wonder if there is a part number for the decal or sticker that could be ordered direct from Stern?

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Clear here as well. I wonder if there is a part number for the decal or sticker that could be ordered direct from Stern?

Pretty sure that pic is a pre-production prototype. I don't think that plastic is on anyone's pin.

#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Pretty sure that pic is a pre-production prototype. I don't think that plastic is on anyone's pin.

Figures

#4686 2 years ago

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the sound. With Mando having such deep bass, if I put my sound level to 30-35, my bottom cabinet speaker sounds like a rattletrap. Can you guys verify if this is happening on your games, try putting your sound way up and listen to the bottom speaker for a while and when the bass kicks in doesn't it sound like shit?

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the sound. With Mando having such deep bass, if I put my sound level to 30-35, my bottom cabinet speaker sounds like a rattletrap. Can you guys verify if this is happening on your games, try putting your sound way up and listen to the bottom speaker for a while and when the bass kicks in doesn't it sound like shit?

I replaced the speakers in my PRO with the LE speakers. Then used the internal EQ to make the back box mid/high and the cabinet a sub. Sounds good to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPSD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SFC3P9/

#4688 2 years ago

The only way I was able to get rid of the rattling was to take the plastic grill out and put 4 mini post rubbers between the speaker and the cabinet, stopped the rattling/vibration but I don't like not having a grill there. I might have to experiment with a metal grill. When I tried putting the plastic grill back, the rattling returned. The rubber seems to help too.

23-6694-1_resize (resized).jpg23-6694-1_resize (resized).jpg
#4689 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I went with PinWoofer. Sounds great once you get it dialed in

#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I replaced the speakers in my PRO with the LE speakers. Then used the internal EQ to make the back box mid/high and the cabinet a sub. Sounds good to me.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Great, could you please share your internal EQ settings.
Thanks a lot!

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I went with PinWoofer. Sounds great once you get it dialed in

+1 for PinWoofer. Sounds way better, even more so if you tweak the settings after the install.

#4692 2 years ago

What settings would be best to be able to hear the callouts better? Should speech be set -10 or more to hear them better?

#4693 2 years ago

Has anyone designed some Pinball cards that match the artwork on the Apron they are willing to share for download?

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Great, could you please share your internal EQ settings.
Thanks a lot!

Based on the LE speakers, this is what I did. Turn on the EQ then basically cut the bass out of the back box all together, then cut out the mid/treble from the cab. I used the speaker specs online to make an educated guess. Oh and speaker settings to 4ohms. EQ settings in pics.
YMMV

Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KqqEf7asucX2otPT8

#4695 2 years ago

Picked up my Mando Premium yesterday and set it up this morning. Loving the game!

Mando 4 (resized).JPGMando 4 (resized).JPG
#4696 2 years ago

About to finalize my purchase for a Mando Pro as my first pin ever.

Is it true that it needs a bit of mods/upgrades?

Such as new flippers, new rubbers, and parts to protect the left ramp from breaking? Is there anything else I need?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#4697 2 years ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

Such as new flippers, new rubbers, and parts to protect the left ramp from breaking? Is there anything else I need?

Get the part for the ramp for sure. The other stuff is personal preference I think. I find the out of box flippers and rubbers just fine for now.

#4698 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Get the part for the ramp for sure. The other stuff is personal preference I think. I find the out of box flippers and rubbers just fine for now.

Good point. I guess I'll try it first and see how it goes Thanks!

And thanks to whoever posted the link to buy the parts for the ramp:

Last thing I want on my first pin is for it to break right away lol

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

Good point. I guess I'll try it first and see how it goes Thanks!
And thanks to whoever posted the link to buy the parts for the ramp:
Last thing I want on my first pin is for it to break right away lol

Congrats! Mando pro was my first pin too. I love it and I bet you'll love yours too.

I've done a bunch of mods, but I feel like in order of necessity it goes cliffy ramp guards, grogubot, wizblades, foundry, and everything else feels subjective. I did add a washer to my uturn to prevent it from cutting into the playfield, so that's worth considering too.

#4700 2 years ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

Shaker! Best mod! Game is coded well for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/94?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.