Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 157.
#4601 2 years ago

Mando is moving on… hate to see it go but new games are coming and this is the way.

#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mando is moving on… hate to see it go but new games are coming and this is the way.

9D867517-FE46-405F-979B-35DAB0209E3E.gif9D867517-FE46-405F-979B-35DAB0209E3E.gif
#4603 2 years ago

My mando also just left. IM replaced it. I enjoyed mando and if I can find one for the right price we may be united again one day.

#4604 2 years ago

For the Star Wars fans. Lunch on the set of filming.

5543C582-3735-4087-BD67-D79DB9089C49 (resized).jpeg5543C582-3735-4087-BD67-D79DB9089C49 (resized).jpeg
#4605 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Their description is really vague, and when I ordered my kit I honestly didn’t understand what problems they tried to solve, so naturally I wanted to test it
The most universal improvement that people will likely experience is better flow on the left ramp. It’s not going to improve shots that are offset center and would normally clunk, but clean shots are butter smooth up the ramp.
Another nice optional upgrade is a 3D-printed bracket for anyone who has a left orbit guide that’s too steep. It will hold the guide in the intended position. However, do NOT install the bracket if your guide is already fine. I wish that was in the instructions.
There’s a washer for the right ramp that requires a fair amount of disassembly to install and, from what I can tell, hasn’t really improved problems with the ball hopping off the metal tongue into the air ball protector and rejecting clean shots. This part of the kit may or may not be worth the trouble.
There’s also a metal bracket to install behind the Razorcrest target. I’m still unsure what it’s supposed to solve. It did make the target heavier and feel more meaty and satisfying to hit. However, it was surprisingly hard to install, at least for me and my non-dexterous fingers. And the bracket fell off, along with the screw and nut, after a few hundred plays. I tightened that thing down hard, but I suspect the ball kept hitting the back side on its way down and would knock the bracket left and right, which probably loosened the nut over time.
Ultimately, since I didn’t see a problem this piece was addressing, and it was introducing its own issues, I didn’t re-install it.
Lastly, there’s some foam backing for stand up targets. I can see how they could theoretically improve their feel, but I haven’t installed them yet.
YMMV.

Thanks for the helpful review of the kit!

I received my machine yesterday and have played a few games, but not too many until my Cliffy's and other mods arrive. I noticed a number of airballs on the ambush area when playing at the arcade so the description on the kit stood out to me. I don't remember any airballs on my games yesterday, though I'm sure I'm going easier on the machine. I noticed on the left ramp the ball movement is often not smooth. When I play more games I'll be able to describe it better. It could be a matter of turning down flipper power slightly or going easier on the machine.

I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase but so far I love the machine and look forward to progressing on it. I was able to triple my highest score from the arcade just by not being distracted from the lights and sounds of other machines and people.

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Thanks for the helpful review of the kit!
I received my machine yesterday and have played a few games, but not too many until my Cliffy's and other mods arrive. I noticed a number of airballs on the ambush area when playing at the arcade so the description on the kit stood out to me. I don't remember any airballs on my games yesterday, though I'm sure I'm going easier on the machine. I noticed on the left ramp the ball movement is often not smooth. When I play more games I'll be able to describe it better. It could be a matter of turning down flipper power slightly or going easier on the machine.
I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase but so far I love the machine and look forward to progressing on it. I was able to triple my highest score from the arcade just by not being distracted from the lights and sounds of other machines and people.

I just recently picked one up & I love the animations, building up Beskar & buying different action items & the lightshow & gameplay is nice & flowy those wireforms are a must!! This is the way...
IMG_1822 (resized).jpgIMG_1822 (resized).jpg

#4607 2 years ago

If you know anyone looking for a beautiful LE or are looking to upgrade! Great game!

#4608 2 years ago

No news yet on the Mandalorian Topper from TPF, eh? Fingers crossed they do a mid-show reveal or something like that.

Anybody know if they have a decent number of Mandalorian machines on-site to show it off, if they do end up revealing it?

#4609 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

No news yet on the Mandalorian Topper from TPF, eh? Fingers crossed they do a mid-show reveal or something like that.
Anybody know if they have a decent number of Mandalorian machines on-site to show it off, if they do end up revealing it?

At this point, which will show up first, my Deadpool pro order slated to be filled in July or reveal and subsequent purchase of the Mando topper…..

#4610 2 years ago

Hopefully it’s because Stern have made a complex topper and as a result it’s going through more approvals.

The R2D2 topper took a long time but that thing wasn’t worth the wait at all, lame as fuck that thing.

#4611 2 years ago

Supply chains are so busted right now, maybe Stern can’t get a component or two to build it?

Heck, I’ve been waiting almost 5 months for a stair climbing hand truck and they can’t make them because they can’t get enough sprockets.

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Supply chains are so busted right now, maybe Stern can’t get a component or two to build it?
Heck, I’ve been waiting almost 5 months for a stair climbing hand truck and they can’t make them because they can’t get enough sprockets.

Bit of a side-statement here, but supply-chain bs has been slapping us in the face in the weirdest ways lately. Good friend of ours can't get his usual 'to-go' cartons for his restaurant. Hell, y'all tried buying a Motorcycle helmet lately? Good luck on getting a large. NO clue how those are affected, but nada. (at least online.) So who knows how deep it goes.

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Play better.

#4614 2 years ago

Just installed my foundry from Diddy's mods. Also changed from the stock rubber to Titans. Thanks Diddy this mod is amazing!

PXL_20220328_203818244 (resized).jpgPXL_20220328_203818244 (resized).jpg
#4615 2 years ago
Quoted from Tippyroad:

Just installed my foundry from Diddy's mods. Also changed from the stock rubber to Titans. Thanks Diddy this mod is amazing!
[quoted image]

Same here. It was a tight fit with the post but I made it happen. Looks fantastic.

#4616 2 years ago

My Mando Premium finally arrived. Happy to have it in the line up after a 10 month wait. Setup went smooth and everything seems to be working well, but it did feel like it was super easy to tilt. Is it just me or are the legs not that firm and allowing a lot of movement?

#4617 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

My Mando Premium finally arrived. Happy to have it in the line up after a 10 month wait. Setup went smooth and everything seems to be working well, but it did feel like it was super easy to tilt. Is it just me or are the legs not that firm and allowing a lot of movement?

Check the corner brackets on the inside of the cabinet. Mine were loose from factory and needed to be tightened.

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Check the corner brackets on the inside of the cabinet. Mine were loose from factory and needed to be tightened.

Thanks. That seemed to help a little, but also felt like some of the screws were already stripped. My first at home stern and feel like I just need to be a little softer with it.

Also turned down the through lane power cause it was beating up the lane. And adding protection.

Going to install the side armor. Wondering if folks added all the new wood screws or just left them off?

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Thanks. That seemed to help a little, but also felt like some of the screws were already stripped. My first at home stern and feel like I just need to be a little softer with it.
Also turned down the through lane power cause it was beating up the lane. And adding protection.
Going to install the side armor. Wondering if folks added all the new wood screws or just left them off?

Side armor is just fine without the screws, no sense in adding holes to your precious snowflake. That worked for me anyway.

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Side armor is just fine without the screws, no sense in adding holes to your precious snowflake. That worked for me anyway.

Haha and yeah exactly what I was thinking. Seems solid enough without them. Not likely they will ever come off… so probably moot either way and comes down to preference.

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Haha and yeah exactly what I was thinking. Seems solid enough without them. Not likely they will ever come off… so probably moot either way and comes down to preference.

Agreed, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.IMO best side armor of any machine out there, just saying.

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Agreed, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.IMO best side armor of any machine out there, just saying.

I originally didn't put the screws in either, but for some reason the empty screw holes bugged me. There's a little rattle without them since this side armor only has the larger bolts at each end since none of the rail screw holes are used.

#4623 2 years ago

Anyone else had this issue? Snapped like a twig. Any awesome hunter got a source for a sad baller?

0FE7F399-F52B-439B-8C61-9D865A1CE33F (resized).jpeg0FE7F399-F52B-439B-8C61-9D865A1CE33F (resized).jpegDD80C0E2-F199-4996-873E-A2B6C3F4B85E (resized).jpegDD80C0E2-F199-4996-873E-A2B6C3F4B85E (resized).jpeg
#4624 2 years ago

Don’t recall seeing it discussed much, but what are folks setting their inclines at? I had been at 6.6 or so until tonight, bumped it up to 7.0; seems to make the orbits a lot easier to hit and the game seems to play a lot more “clean.”

Curious what others are set at (and why, if there’s a specific reason).

#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I originally didn't put the screws in either, but for some reason the empty screw holes bugged me. There's a little rattle without them since this side armor only has the larger bolts at each end since none of the rail screw holes are used.

A piece of felt tape, placed over the screw holes attached on the back side of the armor,fixes the rattle and blackens that hole.

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Anyone else had this issue? Snapped like a twig. Any awesome hunter got a source for a sad baller?

Stern will hook you up. Just put in a support ticket. Great folks.

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Stern will hook you up. Just put in a support ticket. Great folks.

I wish it were that easy! Stern is hit and miss with support…and from my experience requires hounding them. YMMV.

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Don’t recall seeing it discussed much, but what are folks setting their inclines at? I had been at 6.6 or so until tonight, bumped it up to 7.0; seems to make the orbits a lot easier to hit and the game seems to play a lot more “clean.”
Curious what others are set at (and why, if there’s a specific reason).

Mine is at 7.1* because I reused my legs from my AIQ that I traded for at a show which was set to 6.8 and it came out to be 7.1* on this machine.
Plays fairly brutal this way. I can just about make the left backhand ramp shot. At the show where I got it from it was set up significantly lower and played more benign. I may lower it but currently I'm still willing to fight it.

#4629 2 years ago

Just unboxed my premium the other night and enjoying the game. But wanted to see what setting folks have their ball trough assembly (coil) set to? The default seems way too powerful and even put a dent in the stock right rail metal protector. I dropped mine down to like 210.

#4630 2 years ago

I always do 185

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Just unboxed my premium the other night and enjoying the game. But wanted to see what setting folks have their ball trough assembly (coil) set to? The default seems way too powerful and even put a dent in the stock right rail metal protector. I dropped mine down to like 210.

Mine is set to lowest setting.

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I just lower it all the way and then go into coil test and launch some, and up it bit by bit until they successfully land in the shooter lane without bouncing off of stuff, 200 in this case.

#4633 2 years ago

Just joined the club!

5DD02165-0D8B-4E97-AC30-01D34F106347.jpeg5DD02165-0D8B-4E97-AC30-01D34F106347.jpeg
#4634 2 years ago

Bumping as trade deal fell through

#4635 2 years ago

It took me close to 1,000 total plays, but I finally broke a billion on my game. I still really enjoy every game (except the ones where I can only hit the left ramp posts and where grogu YEETS the ball right down the middle).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4636 2 years ago

Another machine setup question for everyone.. I just got done replacing most of the factory rubbers with titans, observing that my factory post sleeves had already taken a ton of impact/abuse. Occurred to me that I have, so far, left the flipper power at factory settings and haven’t dialed them back at all. I have no problems making any of the shots if the timing is right (never feel like my shots aren’t strong enough to make it up the orbits or ramps).

I’m wondering if maybe I ought to lower flipper power a little in the interest of not beating the crap out of the posts. Anybody have any experiences with flipper power adjustments (specially lowering the power?)

Related Note: I’ve lowered my slings down to ~15 (they were just way too lively for me) up/down scoop to I think 175 (to cut down on the humming), trough to ~175 (to protect shooter lane) and reduced foundry eject quite a bit so it has enough juice to push the ball out and let it roll down to the left flipper a little more calmly. Not sure off the top of my head what setting I used there.

#4637 2 years ago

It seems only one out of five times I get actually one of the rollovers. Most of the time its middle or back to the right orbit, and 1 out of 5 it's SDTM. I was hoping they are going to fix the algorithm pulsing the magnet that at least more than half the times you have a chance to get anything else than the last item on the list.

#4638 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

It seems only one out of five times I get actually one of the rollovers. Most of the time its middle or back to the right orbit, and 1 out of 5 it's SDTM. I was hoping they are going to fix the algorithm pulsing the magnet that at least more than half the times you have a chance to get anything else than the last item on the list.

I think Dwight punted that tuning to the community (probably recognizing that all machines are gonna be a little different and your mileage may vary). One of the last few updates introduced timing/pulse settings for the child magnet, which would theoretically allow you to tweak how much it does/doesn’t get thrown around.

Problem is that’s a lot of trial and error and I (personally) don’t have the desire to spend an afternoon on that.

I’m guessing making the pulses longer would reduce movement, but I’d need to look closer at what those adjustments are.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’m wondering if maybe I ought to lower flipper power a little in the interest of not beating the crap out of the posts. Anybody have any experiences with flipper power adjustments (specially lowering the power?)

Interested to hear what people think on this point. And man did I find the posts on the left ramp hard last night!

#4640 2 years ago

Not sure if I am missing something, but just received my machine Monday so haven't had a lot of time on the game... but I noticed a couple things that seem like bugs to me.

1) I was able to fire the jet pack while not actually doing an encounter? I think I also got into a state where the game thought I was doing an encounter even without a ball in the upper playfield.

2) During modes the playfield lights go blank and you have no indication of the shots you need to hit. I hit something or shoot a shot and they come back on for a bit. I don't think this is a loose connection but will continue to look for one.

Are these bugs, noob error, or other?

#4641 2 years ago

Got my Mando Premium in December and it by far collects the most grime out of all my machines. Anyone else experience this? I guess I'll change the rubbers to see if that helps.

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Not sure if I am missing something, but just received my machine Monday so haven't had a lot of time on the game... but I noticed a couple things that seem like bugs to me.
1) I was able to fire the jet pack while not actually doing an encounter? I think I also got into a state where the game thought I was doing an encounter even without a ball in the upper playfield.
2) During modes the playfield lights go blank and you have no indication of the shots you need to hit. I hit something or shoot a shot and they come back on for a bit. I don't think this is a loose connection but will continue to look for one.
Are these bugs, noob error, or other?

I am going to have to contact technical support. Definitely something not right on my game. Last night every switch was triggering score, including just flipping the flippers. The issue stopped for a bit, and then came back... I got to 1B totally legit right

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I am going to have to contact technical support. Definitely something not right on my game. Last night every switch was triggering score, including just flipping the flippers. The issue stopped for a bit, and then came back... I got to 1B totally legit right

Make sure all plugs are seated on the boards if you haven't done that yet. They have a tendency to rattle loose during transport. Unlikely that that is the issue, but might as well look if you have the playfield up.

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Also check the leaf switch at the bottom of the pop bumpers (not on the pop bumpers themselves, closer to the player on the playfield), I think it's called the 10 point switch. That one has been over-sensitive or stuck for a lot of people.

#4645 2 years ago

Need some help...

Just set up a game at work, build date is March 8 of this year. I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.

I tried the following:

1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the guide out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
2) Bent the rail guide by the post. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.

I'm finding this annoying. Anyone else have this issue and find a resolution?

#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Need some help...
Just set up a game at work, build date is March 8 of this year. I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.
I tried the following:
1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the post out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
2) Bent the rail guide by the post. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.

Hey Nick--

I think this post is the only other time I've seen this issue mentioned:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/92#post-6842033

Neither are "warm and fuzzy" fixes imo though (one being "glue" which just feels incompatible with pinball to me, and the other being "custom print a bracket" which not everybody has the means to do.). I wonder if maybe a lockwasher between the screw head and the ball guide would help keep it in place once it's tightened down? Seems like that might be a less extreme fix.

EDIT: There are tons of lockwashers elsewhere throughout the game, so you might be able to temporarily steal one from a post or somewhere where it won't really be missed.. Then if that works you can take it to a hardware store and get a replacement one.

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Need some help...
I tried the following:
1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the post out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.

If I'm understanding, you moved the post?

You want to move the metal guide out towards the center of the playfield to clear the post. There's just one screw that holds the guide in place near the post, and you really need to torque that thing down to keep it from moving back in again.

#4648 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Yes, it’s the 10pt switch just under the pop bumpers. Adjust the leaf switch. I had the same issue. I also contacted stern and NEVER heard back, kind of like when they stalled me for 3 months regarding my “no encounter” issue out of box- which I finally just gave up and bought new parts to fix myself. Oops, I’m ranting about sucky technical support from stern. But this is about you and your 10pt switch and the awesome pinside community that alerted me to my 10pt switch when I had the same issue.

Thank you pinside. Suck it stern (and I guess I’ll suck it myself because I still have 6 of your games - decent product - crappy service).

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

If I'm understanding, you moved the post?

You want to move the metal guide out towards the center of the playfield to clear the post. There's just one screw that holds the guide in place near the post, and you really need to torque that thing down to keep it from moving back in again.

Sorry, I misspoke, I didn't move the post, just the rail. I screwed that thing down as hard as I could and it still moved.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Hey Nick--

I think this post is the only other time I've seen this issue mentioned:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/92#post-6842033

Neither are "warm and fuzzy" fixes imo though (one being "glue" which just feels incompatible with pinball to me, and the other being "custom print a bracket" which not everybody has the means to do.). I wonder if maybe a lockwasher between the screw head and the ball guide would help keep it in place once it's tightened down? Seems like that might be a less extreme fix.

EDIT: There are tons of lockwashers elsewhere throughout the game, so you might be able to temporarily steal one from a post or somewhere where it won't really be missed.. Then if that works you can take it to a hardware store and get a replacement one.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I agree: pinball and glue, while it may work, is just not a solution I want to go with.

I'll look into your proposed solution, thanks!

I have another Mandalorian on location and I don't have this issue. I wonder where Stern went wrong where a few of us unlucky folks are dealing with this...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

11,500 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/93?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.