7B57A11C-D4AA-4592-9A11-3A7362C608F1 (resized).jpeg
DFF7898D-29E8-4145-88D9-92DD9861A3E8 (resized).jpeg
CAB1D910-3873-46BD-A8E0-51DEBEBAC1EA (resized).jpeg
F9133B01-3DAD-47A3-A1E0-70C483247BA8 (resized).jpeg
4DB51790-6986-4027-81C6-5DAAE2C2168B (resized).jpeg
327856B5-F8D1-4664-812B-BCC9935E8023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220612_204826003_HDR.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 114.
#4551 4 months ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Titans...
Installed a full set. Balls are leaving the playfield everywhere on my machine (yes, they are installed correctly). Balls all have scratches. Had to replace the set with 200 plays. Considering going back to OEM rubber even though they were shedding badly.

I’ve got stock rubbers on everything but my flippers and still get air balls all over the place.

#4552 4 months ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

Does anyone have trouble on the left ramp with rejects? I have to hit a super smooth shot to not get a rattle around reject. I feel like I'm hitting it clean enough but still get a reject. I've just this morning added my Cliffy's so I can feel a bit better about practicing that shot, but still.... any tweaks on the left ramp?

Pinball Universe makes a kit that includes modifications to the left ramp. I installed it and the ramp is butter smooth with a clean shot.

Shots still clunk if they’re slightly off, though. It’s a tighter shot than it looks.

#4553 4 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Pinball Universe makes a kit that includes modifications to the left ramp. I installed it and the ramp is butter smooth with a clean shot.
Shots still clunk if they’re slightly off, though. It’s a tighter shot than it looks.

That support bracket for the orbit is brilliant. I have that problem that it hammers it back after a few games regardless how much I crank down there. Am trying a dab of gorilla super glue right now to affix the screw to the tab. If that breaks lose I'm gonna print one like that. PETG hopefully should not disintegrate, PLA is too brittle I would presume.

#4554 4 months ago

Has anybody found a solution for the left ramp rejects (coming from right flipper) on Prm/LE models? I lowered the left flipper power to 240 (from 255) and still rejects 90%. I can pretty much only backflip into the left ramp. I also tried attaching 2 different materials to the diverter to "soften / absorve" the hit - but no real results.... Hopefully someone has a good fix for this.... thank you

#4555 4 months ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Has anybody found a solution for the left ramp rejects (coming from right flipper) on Prm/LE models? I lowered the left flipper power to 240 (from 255) and still rejects 90%. I can pretty much only backflip into the left ramp. I also tried attaching 2 different materials to the diverter to "soften / absorve" the hit - but no real results.... Hopefully someone has a good fix for this.... thank you

That is just a hard shot to hit from the right flipper in my opinion...same with the right ramp from the left flipper. Backhanding these shots is way easier, at least on my game. Not that the shots are easy...

#4556 4 months ago

Just joined today. Have a couple issues
1) Left orbit ball guide keeps popping back behind the post so it gets thrown down the middle. Unscrewed and it poops back behind the post.
2) Can’t seem to get insider to read signal. Weird as I have iPads, PlayStation etc streaming with no issues. Can you upgrade the dongle or does that matter?

#4557 4 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

1) Left orbit ball guide keeps popping back behind the post so it gets thrown down the middle. Unscrewed and it poops back behind the post.
2) Can’t seem to get insider to read signal. Weird as I have iPads, PlayStation etc streaming with no issues. Can you upgrade the dongle or does that matter?

The dongle that comes with some IC kits (or in your case installed) - is pretty crappy. I was getting about 1 bar in an area that most other things had full bars - just grab a $10-15 dollar TP Link one off Amazon and you will get full bars.

#4558 4 months ago

Ok I’ll try tomorrow. Just didn’t know if they were compatible. Thanks

#4559 4 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Was just fighting with exactly the same issue. Friend of mine gave me the following advise:
Use a dab of gorilla glue to fuse the screw to the tab.

I bought the gorilla super glue gel because it has a very fine applicator. I bent the guide a little so it's natural resting position without the screw is pretty much where I want it to be. That's important, because the glue sets pretty quick so you don't have a lot of time to fiddle, and additionally you don't want extra strain while it is curing. To bend it, I used two pliers - one to hold the guide in place and one to actually bend it right next to the first one - and bent it right below the next tab up, a few inches up the guide that's screwed down.

I put the screw in a magnetic nut driver and put just a couple of small dabs of the glue on the underside of the screw head and screwed it down. Magnetic setter is nice, because you won't drop the screw with the glue anywhere and make a mess.

Let it cure for 24 hours.

I tried it and it held up through a handful games so far but I have no idea how long it will hold yet.
E6000 glue is the next step up, but it's application is a nightmare, because once you start it, it just keeps squirting out of the tube and you'll likely glue the screw to your nut setter.

I used very little glue, cause I didn't want to glue the tab to the clear coat.

I may print a standoff bracket like in that kit mentioned above if all else fails.

#4560 4 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Mezel Mods has been sold out for a while on that. Anywhere else to order it state-side?

#4561 4 months ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Add sorbothane to the gate. You’ll need to go with a pretty thick piece. 0.125” worked for me.

#4562 4 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Mezel Mods has been sold out for a while on that. Anywhere else to order it state-side?

Bummer. I got mine from Mezel Mods. You could try reaching out directly to PU in Germany. Their online system doesn’t allow for US shipping, but someone on the GNR forums was able to place a special order stateside.

#4563 4 months ago

Foundry Day

20220322_133331 (resized).jpg
#4564 4 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Foundry Day
[quoted image]

One of the best best mods period and a must have for Mando owners!

#4565 4 months ago

Finally got my Boba Fett ship mod installed on my Mando LE. It looks great. The ship hangs over the right ramp return wire form, so the ball goes underneath the ship nose, actually the ball goes in between the nose and red hull. This is the Bandai 1/144 scale model, I built it, painted it and decaled it. It has a cool detailed cockpit that I still need to light from inside the ship, Fett can be seen in the pilot's chair. It looks cool with the Razor Crest ship and Fett's ship hunting the Tie Fighter I have installed as well.

The ship shakes when the shaker on on.

If anyone needs direction on making this happen for their machine let me know. I am not a mods for sale guy, just did it for our home machine. The ship install bracket is custom and I got it 3D printed at XOMETRY for $20 or so. The other parts are probably another $20. The ship model is $80 to $100ish. (This is a really impressively detailed model). Probably need 7 different paint colors, $2.75 per little bottle I guess. Hull Red, Red, White, Black, Yellow, Military Green and Medium Olive. I used Vallejo 17 ml bottles.

Cheers!

Boba Fett Ship Installed. 03.22.22 - Copy (resized).jpg

#4566 4 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Finally got my Boba Fett ship mod installed on my Mando LE. IT looks great. The ship hangs over the right ramp return wire form, so the ball goes underneath the ship nose. This is the Bandai 1/144 scale model, I built it painted it and decaled it. It has a cool detailed cockpit that I still need to light from inside the ship. It looks cool with the Razor Crest ship and Fett's ship hunting the Tie Fighter I have installed as well.
If anyone needs direction on making this happen for their machine let me know. I am not a mods for sale guy, just did it for our home machine. The ship install bracket is custom and I got it 3D printed at XOMETRY for $20 or so. The other parts are probably another $20.
[quoted image]

Great job, that looks really nice. Love the detailing and weathering.

#4567 4 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Add sorbothane to the gate. You’ll need to go with a pretty thick piece. 0.125” worked for me.

ok. will try this thanks!!

#4568 4 months ago

Finally got my Boba Fett ship mod installed on my Mando LE. It looks great. The ship hangs over the right ramp return wire form, so the ball goes underneath the ship nose. This is the Bandai 1/144 scale model, I built it painted it and decaled it. It has a cool detailed cockpit that I still need to light from inside the ship, Fett can be seen in the pilot's chair. It looks cool with the Razor Crest ship and Fett's ship hunting the Tie Fighter I have installed as well.
If anyone needs direction on making this happen for their machine let me know. I am not a mods for sale guy, just did it for our home machine. The ship install bracket is custom and I got it 3D printed at XOMETRY for $20 or so. The other parts are probably another $20. The ship model is $80 to $100ish. Probably need 7 different paint colors, $2.75 per little bottle I guess. Hull Red, Red, White, Black, Military Green, Medium Olive and Sand Yellow. I used Vallejo 17 ml bottles.
Cheers!
[quoted image]

Looks nice. For those inclined, there are a few Slave 1 ships you can print (not sell) from thingiverse.

#4569 4 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Can't believe Doc is gonna be in Mando!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome star wars theme meets crappy overrated theme.

#4570 4 months ago

Received, unboxed and set my premium today.

Love the look. Love the theme. Love the gameplay.

An almost flawless out of box experience… until this happened in game 6…

The screw didn’t have a bolt or anything keeping it from unthreading. So I added one from my Titan Pinball “little box of calm”.

Grabbed a bolt with plastic fastener and tightened that up as much as I could.

Hope it doesn’t pop again. It has many sharp edges!

0882DFEC-167B-457F-8DBA-90DD0023589B (resized).jpegB3E00CF8-3E1F-4889-9F39-25A728D7243F (resized).jpeg
#4571 4 months ago
Quoted from dashv:

The screw didn’t have a bolt or anything keeping it from unthreading. So I added one from my Titan Pinball “little box of calm”.

Do yourself a favor if you haven’t already and take a look inside the cabinet to see if that nut fell off during transportation.
Also take the opportunity to tighten everything down while you have the glass off.
I always find there are a few loose screws through the topside (and underside) post-transit.
Plus it gives you the opportunity to inspect the game for other quirks you can correct to avoid bigger issues.

#4572 4 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Do yourself a favor if you haven’t already and take a look inside the cabinet to see if that nut fell off during transportation.
Also take the opportunity to tighten everything down while you have the glass off.
I always find there are a few loose screws through the topside (and underside) post-transit.
Plus it gives you the opportunity to inspect the game for other quirks you can correct to avoid bigger issues.

Thoroughly inspected the cab and playfield before playing. No sign that there was ever a nut there.

It’s possible it’s wedged somewhere.

But I have yet to find it.

I’m swapping out the clear star posts for beskar posts later, so maybe I’ll find it then.

#4573 4 months ago

Any Pro owners interested in a horseshoe scoop? Loganpinball is gathering an interest list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-pro-premium-wireform-kit-interest-list

#4574 4 months ago

A couple of new mods on my Mando..... getting there...
1 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg5 (resized).jpeg7 (resized).jpeg

8 (resized).jpg
#4575 4 months ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

A couple of new mods on my Mando..... getting there...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Bro...all those mods and no ramp Cliffys?!

#4576 4 months ago

Bro...all those mods and no ramp Cliffys?!

where do I buy those? do you have a link?

#4578 4 months ago

I installed my MRS switch today in the UTURN on Mando. I have attached pictures of what comes in the box and tried my best to document the process with pictures. 2 screws to remove the old switch. Cut the wires from the old switch. (I dismantled the old switch trying to make a screw template for the MRS but it didn't line up...so don't do that...lol). I just decided on a spot for the screw that was not near the original 2 holes. You only need one screw. The directions say to drill a pilot hole in the new switch. I just screwed it in. (You do you...). There is a small bit of play (up and down) with the MRS in the switch slot so I just centered it. Then I tightened the screw into the bottom of the playfield. Make sure not to overtighten as the switch will start to bow. If that happens (happened to me) just back the screw out a bit till the switch is flat against the bottom of the playfield. Strip the old wires (add heat shrink tubing if you want) and solder the new wires to the old ones. One green wire to the red wire. One green wire to both black wires. Doesn't matter which way you wire it. Heat up the heat shrink tubing and BAM! You're done.
I play tested that UTURN shot like crazy both with the glass off and on. *ZERO missed hits.* The MRS activates when the ball is within approximately 1/3 of an inch! The ball physically cannot be that far from the switch and pass through the UTURN. It is impossible for the switch not to register a hit when a ball is shot through the UTURN. This is the perfect fix for missed switch hits on this shot! Phenomenal product, can't say enough good things!
M&M creations Sonic is who you want to contact to buy this switch from!
Got my 2nd highest score ever, because my super jackpot shots actually registered!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Update...I have played several games since installing the MRS in the UTURN (horseshoe) and have had ZERO missed switch hits. I have sent the ball screaming through that UTURN too. I am telling you this is THE SOLUTION to missed switch hits. Contact Sonic if interested.

#4580 4 months ago

Im having ball rejects on left orbit through spinner about 50% of the time, I haven't set up the gopro to catch it yet but looks like its hitting near the post to lower left of left pop bumper. I have shimmed up the red beacon behind spinner and tilted spinner up a bit. Any thoughts?

#4581 4 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Im having ball rejects on left orbit through spinner about 50% of the time, I haven't set up the gopro to catch it yet but looks like its hitting near the post to lower left of left pop bumper. I have shimmed up the red beacon behind spinner and tilted spinner up a bit. Any thoughts?

Mine also rejects a lot thanks to that post. Only real solution is a clean shot that doesn’t ricochet off the left guide.

#4582 4 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone try replacing the rubber ring with a post sleeve?

#4583 4 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone try replacing the rubber ring with a post sleeve?

Thats my next step, I swapped the rubber ring to a smaller one but that didnt help.

#4584 4 months ago

Anyone have an issue where every switch hit or flipper flip racks up points and beskar? It’s just continuous throughout game play.

#4585 4 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Is it the post that is pretty much touching the bottom of the left pop bumper? If so remove it, had mine out since day one and no issues at all!

#4586 4 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Anyone have an issue where every switch hit or flipper flip racks up points and beskar? It’s just continuous throughout game play.

Adjust your 10 point switch below the pops.

#4587 4 months ago

Since Mezel Mods has been out of stock of the upgrade kit I emailed PU Parts to see if they'd ship to the US but was directed back to Mezel. Mezel was included on the email thread and said they'd order more upgrade kits from PU Parts.

#4588 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it the post that is pretty much touching the bottom of the left pop bumper? If so remove it, had mine out since day one and no issues at all!

Even better, Ill just pull that post tonight.

#4589 4 months ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Since Mezel Mods has been out of stock of the upgrade kit I emailed PU Parts to see if they'd ship to the US but was directed back to Mezel. Mezel was included on the email thread and said they'd order more upgrade kits from PU Parts.

What do these upgrade kits include/fix?

#4590 4 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

What do these upgrade kits include/fix?

I've seen it mentioned in this thread before. From the description: "This Mandalorian Pinball Upgrade kit improves and supports several parts on the game. These pieces help improve ramp performance, avoid airballs, upgrade the standup target performance and a variety of other improvements."

https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

#4591 4 months ago

Listed my mint powdered pro in the marketplace, for sale or trade 760 plays. Located lower Michigan.

Screenshot_20220321-113053 (resized).png
#4592 4 months ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Listed my mint powdered pro in the marketplace, for sale or trade 760 plays. Located lower Michigan.
[quoted image]

Nice powder choice suits the game really well.

#4593 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think that post is there to keep the child lanes from feeding the left orbit on the way down as designed I guess. It may, as mentioned, interfere a shot up the left orbit as well, but that seems unintended design. Why it is double stacked though, and 2 different plastic post colors? No idea...

#4594 4 months ago

I think that post is there to keep the child lanes from feeding the left orbit on the way down as designed I guess. It may, as mentioned, interfere a shot up the left orbit as well, but that seems unintended design. Why it is double stacked though, and 2 different plastic post colors? No idea...

Honestly I have no idea why that post is there, I took mine out day 1 because i thought it looked ugly and pointless haha.

Had no issues with it, my left orbit is smooth as butter feeding my flippers and also shots up the left orbit.

Just to double check I am referring to the post below…

FF02686A-2812-4523-B537-8F155206E343 (resized).jpeg
#4595 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Honestly I have no idea why that post is there, I took mine out day 1 because i thought it looked ugly and pointless haha.
Had no issues with it, my left orbit is smooth as butter feeding my flippers and also shots up the left orbit.
Just to double check I am referring to the post below…
[quoted image]

I pulled that post last night, It cut down on rejects enough. I think what's left for rejects are just bad shots.

#4596 4 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I pulled that post last night, It cut down on rejects enough. I think what's left for rejects are just bad shots.

Imo it makes the game play better removing it, with it gone if you hit a shot up the left orbit that’s not clean and it’s rattles off the left orbit wall and into the bumper it fires it right back down the orbit, keeps you on your toes and it’s brutal but fun.

#4597 4 months ago

Feels like forever already since we 'heard' the topper would be dropping anytime now. I wonder if we will see something from TPF this weekend?

#4598 4 months ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

I've seen it mentioned in this thread before. From the description: "This Mandalorian Pinball Upgrade kit improves and supports several parts on the game. These pieces help improve ramp performance, avoid airballs, upgrade the standup target performance and a variety of other improvements."
https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

Their description is really vague, and when I ordered my kit I honestly didn’t understand what problems they tried to solve, so naturally I wanted to test it

The most universal improvement that people will likely experience is better flow on the left ramp. It’s not going to improve shots that are offset center and would normally clunk, but clean shots are butter smooth up the ramp.

Another nice optional upgrade is a 3D-printed bracket for anyone who has a left orbit guide that’s too steep. It will hold the guide in the intended position. However, do NOT install the bracket if your guide is already fine. I wish that was in the instructions.

There’s a washer for the right ramp that requires a fair amount of disassembly to install and, from what I can tell, hasn’t really improved problems with the ball hopping off the metal tongue into the air ball protector and rejecting clean shots. This part of the kit may or may not be worth the trouble.

There’s also a metal bracket to install behind the Razorcrest target. I’m still unsure what it’s supposed to solve. It did make the target heavier and feel more meaty and satisfying to hit. However, it was surprisingly hard to install, at least for me and my non-dexterous fingers. And the bracket fell off, along with the screw and nut, after a few hundred plays. I tightened that thing down hard, but I suspect the ball kept hitting the back side on its way down and would knock the bracket left and right, which probably loosened the nut over time.

Ultimately, since I didn’t see a problem this piece was addressing, and it was introducing its own issues, I didn’t re-install it.

Lastly, there’s some foam backing for stand up targets. I can see how they could theoretically improve their feel, but I haven’t installed them yet.

YMMV.

#4599 4 months ago

I got my mando premium, here are my thoughts:

- Get sour on it kind of fast because I think the right ramp feels like shit and is not smooth at all, but as I started learning the rules more, especially the pf multiplier stuff, totally coming around
- Among new pinball players it is the favorite of all my games (new people hate STTNG so much)
- I have had multiple screws come out of the upper pf during gameplay, and both ramps have come loose near the inlanes. I would recommend tightening as many screws as you can see out of the box.
- My ramp broke after like 10 games in a non-severe way (ie can still be played), Stern sent me a new one pretty fast. Waiting to get Cliffy before I install it.

And then the main thing I want help with...

Last night playing with a friend was regularly having games of 10m-300m. Then randomly my score went to 1.5 billion during one ball, and I didn't seem to do anything that amazing. I had a mode and a mb stacked, and I had the flamethrower on, but still, it literally jumped more than a billion points in the span of like 30 seconds. We noticed after this that the "ascending beeps sound effect" kept randomly playing in short bursts, and when it did the score went up a very small amount. I figured maybe stuck switch but could not find one anywhere, and no lights kept getting activated or anything. I power cycled the game (before it logged my seemingly invalid score), and after that everything seemed fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Software bug? Some switch I missed? Code version is 1.20.

Also, can anyone point me to some part of this thread that talks about recommended settings different than factory that they like? I was considering lowering flipper power on the small pf.

-ben

#4600 4 months ago

Ben adjust your right ramp it should be smooth as butter, there is a bolt under the ramp flap you can access from under the playfield tightening and loosening it will adjust the incline of the ramps entrance way.

Also adjusting the plastic guard on top of the right ramp can give the ball a little more freedom to move and flow so experiment with it till your happy, both my ramps well all 3 including the little middle one up the back are smooth and rocket back to my flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
There are 5,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!