IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 156.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Pics of the crap powder coating job... some build-up and pooling of material on the lockdown bar as well, made the radius too large for the round over on the cabinet and started to damage the cabinet - very noticable when looking at the machine.
Stern has not responded all week and my distro says open the ticket first with stern then they will be able to take care of things.
[quoted image][quoted image]

what cabinet issue are you referring to? doesn't sound quite right... the cabinet corners are mitred down at the front edges.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

what cabinet issue are you referring to? doesn't sound quite right... the cabinet corners are mitred down at the front edges.

The miters left and right on the front of the cab are either too proud or there is too much material/inside radius of the lockdown bar is too narrow. When the lockdown bar is latched, it crushes the joint and came from the factory with splitting wood (minimally so, but it definitely is an issue). I'll post pics later.

#403 2 years ago

Loving this one so far:
47E874ED-760F-430F-99DC-310A88B2A7C0 (resized).jpeg47E874ED-760F-430F-99DC-310A88B2A7C0 (resized).jpeg750CA742-CFDB-40E6-9017-12115A8C23A2 (resized).jpeg750CA742-CFDB-40E6-9017-12115A8C23A2 (resized).jpegCB118CC5-FCE7-4667-8DD0-A4D84584063E (resized).jpegCB118CC5-FCE7-4667-8DD0-A4D84584063E (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#404 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Loving this one so far:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get it from? TIA

#405 2 years ago

Pinball Place from Glen in New Ulm MN

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Pinball Place from Glen in New Ulm MN

Great folks over there, I ordered my Pro from Glen on Wednesday. Now just patiently awaiting an October delivery

#407 2 years ago

Also this is why this one is fiun plus I keep advertising for Lermods but Grogu
flasher sets it off.

150A848E-81A0-4877-9B26-544E7636566B (resized).jpeg150A848E-81A0-4877-9B26-544E7636566B (resized).jpeg6FF13863-871F-47F7-97D0-364570DC42EF (resized).jpeg6FF13863-871F-47F7-97D0-364570DC42EF (resized).jpegD574949E-8455-4381-8DD1-FCC70044FC1B (resized).jpegD574949E-8455-4381-8DD1-FCC70044FC1B (resized).jpeg
#408 2 years ago

So here are three lockdown bars. Star Wars Pro in the back, Mando LE in the middle, and Rick and Morty up front.

Is there a reason why the powder coating is not on the entirety of the piece on Mando as opposed to Star Wars or R&M (and all my other machines)?

Also, you can clearly see how vastly different the finishing pass for the miter is from the Star Wars Pro to Mando. All my other Stern machines have perfect fitment, this one seems really off.

Anyone have any thoughts? I don't think this is normal (yes others have the same extent of powder coat on their LE lockdown bars but not oxidation) and am wondering how best to approach this. The miters on the cabinet are not finished the same as any other stern I own, it is comparable to using a bit setup for 1/2" material instead of 3/4".

download_20210710_233137__01__01.jpgdownload_20210710_233137__01__01.jpgdownload_20210710_233149.jpgdownload_20210710_233149.jpgdownload_20210710_233157.jpgdownload_20210710_233157.jpgdownload_20210710_233216.jpgdownload_20210710_233216.jpg
#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Also this is why this one is fiun plus I keep advertising for Lermods but Grogu
flasher sets it off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Right there with you. Family all loves the game. 3rd day in a row they have played it, might be a record.

20210710_225754 (resized).jpg20210710_225754 (resized).jpg
#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Loving this one so far:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry I wasn’t specific. The flipper gun mod, did you get it from lermod as well? I didn’t see it on their site thanks

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Sorry I wasn’t specific. The flipper gun mod, did you get it from lermod as well? I didn’t see it on their site thanks

The flipper toppers are not from @lermods. Got those here: @jk_pinball. Very well done and look like they belong.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So here are three lockdown bars. Star Wars Pro in the back, Mando LE in the middle, and Rick and Morty up front.
Is there a reason why the powder coating is not on the entirety of the piece on Mando as opposed to Star Wars or R&M (and all my other machines)?
Also, you can clearly see how vastly different the finishing pass for the miter is from the Star Wars Pro to Mando. All my other Stern machines have perfect fitment, this one seems really off.
Anyone have any thoughts? I don't think this is normal (yes others have the same extent of powder coat on their LE lockdown bars but not oxidation) and am wondering how best to approach this. The miters on the cabinet are not finished the same as any other stern I own, it is comparable to using a bit setup for 1/2" material instead of 3/4".

Can only say the application of crinkle paint is not the same as powder coating and the corner miter looks the exact same. Looks like a non issue to me personally.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can only say the application of crinkle paint is not the same as powder coating and the corner miter looks the exact same. Looks like a non issue to me personally.

Crinkle paint is not used on Rick and Morty, that is powder coat.

Rust under powder coating is a disaster waiting to happen, that is certainly an issue.

I've increased the exposure on the star wars cabinet, that is not the same as Mando.

download_20210710_233149__01.jpgdownload_20210710_233149__01.jpg

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Quoted from P1nhead:

Crinkle paint is not used on Rick and Morty, that is powder coat.
Rust under powder coating is a disaster waiting to happen, that is certainly an issue.
I've increased the exposure on the star wars cabinet, that is not the same as Mando.
[quoted image]

What makes you think there is rust under the powder coating? To me it appears there is rust on the bare metal and happened after powder coating. Grab a little sand paper and clean her up.

As far as the corner of the cabinet goes, grab a sharpie and move on. Life is too short. Enjoy the game!

#415 2 years ago

That's normal on all painted Stern lockbars. They masked off the latch area before paint/powder, and it's exposed steel that then oxidizes. Doesn't hurt anything, but if it bugs you just put some blue tape on and hit the rust with steel wool.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Pics of the crap powder coating job... some build-up and pooling of material on the lockdown bar as well, made the radius too large for the round over on the cabinet and started to damage the cabinet - very noticable when looking at the machine.
Stern has not responded all week and my distro says open the ticket first with stern then they will be able to take care of things.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

That stinks. Not how my AC/DC premium was or Star Trek Premium. Jeesh.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What makes you think there is rust under the powder coating? To me it appears there is rust on the bare metal and happened after powder coating. Grab a little sand paper and clean her up.
As far as the corner of the cabinet goes, grab a sharpie and move on. Life is too short. Enjoy the game!

A sharpie won't fix the fact the lockdown bar does not fit - what if there is a void in the plywood where the locking miter edge is? Keep crushing the top of that joint whenever I need the glass off (which if you saw the other thread, is pretty often with stuck balls) and I could loose a section off the front of the cabinet.

The corners of the cabinet are both this way, they need sanded to the proper angle to accommodate the lockdown bar and prevent further damage. This should have been done when those miters were created and fitment at the factory saw how off this is.

Some of the powder coating flaked off right where it appeared the oxidation was tracking under the coating, revealing even more oxidation. The extent of oxidation is unknown, which is why I am concerned.

Over nine grand for a pinball machine. This is the only expensive luxury we have where it seems I'm supposed to just "move on."

It's not like I'm complaining about adjusting roll over switches, moving opto sensors to actually be in-line with the hole so they could see the sending unit, unscrewing lane guides because they were torqued into the clear (and to place washers), having to tighten posts that were holding on by a thread, tightening all the flippers because with each flip the flipper shaft rotated from the ideal position.

We are doing what our distributor said, wait to hear back from Stern before doing anything to remediate these issues.

rust on my NIB limited edition with flaking powder coat is not acceptable and neither is screwing up the finish on those mitered edges - that lockdown bar barely fits and is crushing the corners of the cabinet.

Apologists can feel free to downvote this ad infinitum. I know the story, "this is pinball" and "you are ruining this hobby."

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

30 seconds of dremel and some black paint… and this goes away

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

30 seconds of dremel and some black paint… and this goes away

can't touch anything until I hear back from stern. though it is concerning the powder coat continues to flake at all the spots with rust, revealing more rust underneath.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

can't touch anything until I hear back from stern. though it is concerning the powder coat continues to flake at all the spots with rust, revealing more rust underneath.

If your PC is pealing away certainly pursue that with stern. It should stand up to normal handling without issue. Plus they can drop a lockdown bar in a ups box on a whim… much faster resolution

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huge thanks to Chris at #KingPinGames Dropped off the twins yesterday. Even with a serious injury he still comes through. Going to be a fun weekend!
[quoted image]

Chris is a great guy!

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Installed both LE’s today and both had the same miter and a few brown spots on the non coated clamp like yours. Oddly when I installed it both games played perfectly so I’m good.

#423 2 years ago

So figured out the game has alternative soundtrack like BKSOR. Main theme and a few others are changed but the modes stay the same.

#424 2 years ago

What does “monster mode” mean?

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What does “monster mode” mean?

That’s an optional play mode where using the flippers drains a “power bar” on the display, and if the power bar gets too low for either flipper then that flipper becomes unresponsive for a few seconds while it recharges. Basically discourages you from trapping up for too long and forces you to move more quickly. When the flipper power gets dangerously low the GI also flashes red and there are some buzzing sounds. Obviously intended to increase the challenge for experienced players.

I believe it also eliminates or dramatically shortens the ball save and makes it so you can’t buy certain items (armor?) at the foundry.

Also comes in a mode where player 1 has the flipper limitations but players 2 through 4 do not.

#426 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="
Also comes in a mode where player 1 has the flipper limitations but players 2 through 4 do not.

I think this is a great idea. Something to handicap the pin's owner.

So many times I have non-pinball friends over and they want to play. But I know it's not going to go well as I know my machines and their idiosyncrasies and they do not. Plus most never or rarely get to play anyway.

So a lot of time I'll "accidentally" lose the ball or throw the match entirely. I don't want them getting frustrated... I want them to enjoy the experience.

So the ability to handicap a single player without affecting the others is a feature I wish all my machines had. I mean I can derail my play in other ways (pharma,recreational or alcohol related) but sometimes that actually helps

#427 2 years ago

Id like a option to make it so you have to complete the missions to move on like how Star Wars is. There's some good assets alot of people wont see in the missions.

#428 2 years ago

Can someone explain the playfield multipliers? I know I've started them occasionally, but I'm not sure how

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Installed both LE’s today and both had the same miter and a few brown spots on the non coated clamp like yours. Oddly when I installed it both games played perfectly so I’m good.

You might be cool with what I received but I am not. What kind of help is that to say "oddly" with respect to the games playing perfectly? This isn't about how our game is playing. I'm concerned with cosmetics and potential future issues with my powder coat because it is flaking off. Is your powder coat coming off?

I have purchased your products before and the fit/finish has been great. Based on your response (mocking of our troubles), should customers of your Mod Couple products expect similar standards/response if a product you ship out has cosmetic or manufacturing defects?

Try to minimize our trouble and Stern's oversight all you want - these aren't brown spots, they are oxidation and one of the biggest issues with adhesion of powder coated metal. I know Stern will make it right by swapping out lockdown bars but I am still going to vent here. I expect more for the price of these machines. Thankfully this isn't a huge issue like a playfield with delaminating ink.

As far as the joinery and finish, the angle is too proud and does not accommodate the lockdown bar on either side without damaging the cabinet. The geometry is significantly different from every other modern Stern we own. Again, if you are okay with the cabinet being damaged and your lockdown bar not fitting properly from the factory, on a game this expensive, that is on you. We should all expect more with respect to fit, finish, and quality control for the price we pay.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Can someone explain the playfield multipliers? I know I've started them occasionally, but I'm not sure how

green - started by hitting the standup targets next to it. Times out after about 30sec first time used, times out quicker on subsequent uses. Completing targets again extends time.
blue - awarded by successfully making a sniper shot
orange - awarded by successfully completing a hunter sequence

Blue and orange both run much longer.. like nearly a minute and half on first time. I don't know if they can be extended.

The lights will switch to blue/purple as the countdown gets near.. and speed of flashing increases as well.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So figured out the game has alternative soundtrack like BKSOR. Main theme and a few others are changed but the modes stay the same.

Can you share how that is done? Change tracks. I recall this in BKSOR though I don’t remember how to do it.

#432 2 years ago
23EC80FC-96AD-4BA5-B745-03282DFF331C (resized).jpeg23EC80FC-96AD-4BA5-B745-03282DFF331C (resized).jpeg2CF8FECE-9F66-4121-9D4C-844D637DC36C (resized).jpeg2CF8FECE-9F66-4121-9D4C-844D637DC36C (resized).jpeg
#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you share how that is done? Change tracks. I recall this in BKSOR though I don’t remember how to do it.

I thought this was done in the menu settings or if you can push and hold both flippers and change modes that way I do believe

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

That’s an optional play mode where using the flippers drains a “power bar” on the display, and if the power bar gets too low for either flipper then that flipper becomes unresponsive for a few seconds while it recharges. Basically discourages you from trapping up for too long and forces you to move more quickly. When the flipper power gets dangerously low the GI also flashes red and there are some buzzing sounds. Obviously intended to increase the challenge for experienced players.
I believe it also eliminates or dramatically shortens the ball save and makes it so you can’t buy certain items (armor?) at the foundry.

Would be cool if this mode was also a mode in normal game play.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There is a setting intended for streaming on YouTube or the like that changes from copyright music to generic (but thematically appropriate) music. It is buried in the settings somewhere, I think it is where you can enable/disable the DJ mixer feature found on freeplay machines.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

There is a setting intended for streaming on YouTube or the like that changes from copyright music to generic (but thematically appropriate) music. It is buried in the settings somewhere, I think it is where you can enable/disable the DJ mixer feature found on freeplay machines.

Really appreciated I will have a look. Like the stock sound but wouldn’t mind checking it out. Granted with these vacuum like outlanes I likely won’t hear much of the soundtrack….

#437 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the audio in the game at all? Any amp settings anywhere? Bass, trebble, mids?

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

green - started by hitting the standup targets next to it. Times out after about 30sec first time used, times out quicker on subsequent uses. Completing targets again extends time.
blue - awarded by successfully making a sniper shot
orange - awarded by successfully completing a hunter sequence
Blue and orange both run much longer.. like nearly a minute and half on first time. I don't know if they can be extended.
The lights will switch to blue/purple as the countdown gets near.. and speed of flashing increases as well.

Thanks. So after completing one of those 3 then you you have to hit both multiplayer targets on the side of the right ramp to start it? Or does it start automatically? Maybe those targets just extend the time

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there a way to adjust the audio in the game at all? Any amp settings anywhere? Bass, trebble, mids?

Yup - settings then utilities then volume. Lots of great settings, shelf versus 10 band equalizer and a host of other stuff.

The default from factory is to have treble playing through the cabinet speaker, first thing I do on sterns is turn off the highs to the cabinet speaker - 250hz and lower for that free air mamma jamma.

We like our home arcade loud and our factory amp was clipping at volume of 40 - turned down the sub's gain to 4.125db or something like that (from 6ish) and it hasn't happened again.

#440 2 years ago

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes

** Anyone that's interested in the Stormtrooper helmets mod just pm me, and I'll get back to you. Other wise you'll get buried in this thread and lost****

Thanks
Tom D

20210711_233455 (resized).jpg20210711_233455 (resized).jpg

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes
[quoted image]

Take my money! I’d like one when ready!

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Take my money! I’d like one when ready!

I'll second that! These look great. Hell, I'd be down for one in the rough and do the finish work myself. Save you some time on paint.

#443 2 years ago

Awesome! I’ll take one!

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

I'll take one.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Ill be in for one of those.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Can anyone conform if this power bar mode makes an appearence in regular game play?

Would be cool if there was a mode based around this within the game. Be a shame to waste it clever coding. Xaqery ??

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can anyone conform if this power bar mode makes an appearence in regular game play?
Would be cool if there was a mode based around this within the game. Be a shame to waste it clever coding. Xaqery ??

No need for a flipper power bar in normal play, it's only impossible mode when they weaken

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

No need for a flipper power bar in normal play, it's only impossible mode when they weaken

Why no need? Would be a fun mode.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

If this is your “interest form,” I’m down for one as well!

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why no need? Would be a fun mode.

It is a mode. You can hold in both flippers before starting a game and play it, impossible mode. Scores don't count like normal gameplay, but there's a leaderboard for impossible

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.