Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 157.
#4401 2 years ago

I posted on the insider connected thread but wanting to check here….anyone else QR reader just stop or seldom scan? The first day I had no issues, got everything registered and started earning achievements. Next day it seemed to be really finicky to scan. Today I got it to scan once but never again. My Godzilla right next to it is working fine (minus the light being out on the QR reader). I went through the insider connected menu and everything looks good. Any ideas?

#4402 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

My upper playfield (prem/LE) started acting up today - Encounters light is lit - but the upper playfield does not engage (diverter does not activate) and ball goes through the whole way to the down ramp.. I tried playing a few full games.. and Encounters do not happen... any ideas?

I saw this on a Premium game in Ocean City, MD. It was blamed on a bad Opto up by the Divertor. Have you tried running a diagnostic to see if there are any switch errors?

#4403 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I saw this on a Premium game in Ocean City, MD. It was blamed on a bad Opto up by the Divertor. Have you tried running a diagnostic to see if there are any switch errors?

Thanks. I will check it out..

#4404 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

This happened on mine recently. It was the opto's right at the very top just before the ball drops into the playfield. The game isn't recognizing the ball is sitting there... Stern sent me a new pair of opto's. Do a quick switch test, and just test blocking the opto's with your finger.
Thanks

#4405 2 years ago

So a couple of weeks ago I traded for a Mando Premium and brought it home. What an excellent pin: great theme, challenging gameplay, and absolutely gorgeous artwork.....wait, what is that on the pop bumper caps??? "SUPER WHEN FLASHING"?? Seriously Stern?? Y'all had to put that on the pop bumper caps?? That won't do......

Introducing my latest mod and first for Stern's The Mandalorian: Replacement Pop Bumper Caps!! Created in multi-color transluscent durable PETG plastic, these easily swap onto your pin in few minutes with only a thin shaft Phillips head screwdriver.

Now available here on my Pinside shop:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05905-the-mandalorian-pop-bumper-caps

07D9FBB8-CCE7-4ABD-A604-323FF119E7B2_1_201_a.jpeg07D9FBB8-CCE7-4ABD-A604-323FF119E7B2_1_201_a.jpegF70503A1-554E-4A97-BBD9-CEFF6DE5EC59_1_201_a.jpegF70503A1-554E-4A97-BBD9-CEFF6DE5EC59_1_201_a.jpeg8206ADE1-0FD0-41F5-BF18-0E7651D0098D.jpeg8206ADE1-0FD0-41F5-BF18-0E7651D0098D.jpegE41552F3-A1C1-44BF-B5C2-D70052FD9605.jpegE41552F3-A1C1-44BF-B5C2-D70052FD9605.jpeg

#4406 2 years ago

Can someone explain to me how to relight multiball on the new code. Shooting the center now shows hurry up value increased, can't figure out how to relight the center hurry up. Only way I see so far is draining the ball relights it?

#4407 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Can someone explain to me how to relight multiball on the new code. Shooting the center now shows hurry up value increased, can't figure out how to relight the center hurry up. Only way I see so far is draining the ball relights it?

Never mind figured it out Hunter mode relights the hurry up.

#4408 2 years ago

I just opened up the pro and set it up, is it suppose to be a strong magnet in the middle of where the flippers are that makes it drain very often? Im noticing when im about to flip the ball a magnet pulls it toward the middle

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

I just opened up the pro and set it up, is it suppose to be a strong magnet in the middle of where the flippers are that makes it drain very often? Im noticing when im about to flip the ball a magnet pulls it toward the middle

Magnet? We don't need No Stinkin' Magnets. Look under the playfield my friend. The Magnet is in front of Grogu, only on Premium/LE.

#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

Play better!

#4411 2 years ago

This weekend, I've completed the plastic ramp replacement by brass rod ramp + grey plastic 3D printed.
I think it looks better now.

received_293116012923514 (resized).jpegreceived_293116012923514 (resized).jpeg

#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

This weekend, I've completed the plastic ramp replacement by brass rod ramp + grey plastic 3D printed.
[quoted image]

Wow, that looks awesome!

#4413 2 years ago

So I seem to recall some people talking about video transition lag in the past, but has anyone come across video degradation during play?

I'm running 1.20 on a Premium. When I start off, everything is fine, but I start noticing pixellation and artifacting after a game or two, and then it gets worse over time. This persists until I power down the machine and bring it back up. Then it starts degrading again.

This happened once before and I had done a full reinstall of the latest code at the time, which did a factory reset and wiped all the scores, and then it didn't happen again until tonight. The only thing that's changed is I installed an Insider Connect kit into the coin door.

2022-03-07 02.14.04 (resized).jpg2022-03-07 02.14.04 (resized).jpg
#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

So I seem to recall some people talking about video transition lag in the past, but has anyone come across video degradation during play?
I'm running 1.20 on a Premium. When I start off, everything is fine, but I start noticing pixellation and artifacting after a game or two, and then it gets worse over time. This persists until I power down the machine and bring it back up. Then it starts degrading again.
This happened once before and I had done a full reinstall of the latest code at the time, which did a factory reset and wiped all the scores, and then it didn't happen again until tonight. The only thing that's changed is I installed an Insider Connect kit into the coin door.
[quoted image]

Check this connection in the backbox (picture taken from buffalo pinball)

CD728FF4-218F-4C96-9C92-0887ABAE6209 (resized).jpegCD728FF4-218F-4C96-9C92-0887ABAE6209 (resized).jpeg
#4415 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I put in the tweak kit from Mezel that is made by pinball universe. Most of the items I could have made on my own for a lot cheaper but in the end it was a nice comprehensive kit and made the game play a lot smoother.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

Yea I hope that comes back in stock.

#4416 2 years ago

Long time lurker, First Post
Really appreciating all of the awesome info on here!

Received my Mando Prem 5 days ago, updated to 1.20 right away w/no issues, and played quite a bit this past weekend. Just loving learning the game until a dead right flipper pops in the middle of a monster multi-ball

There were no signs of anything wrong until that moment. Both flips work on upper playfield so thinking the right button opto is OK. Nothing hung up, nothing weak, just completely dead on the lower right flip.

I poked around best I could without raising the playfield to no avail, but I guess I'm learning about this machine earlier than expected!

Any tips or known failure points? I've been reading this chain since the early days and haven't seen any flipper failures and searching so far shows nothing
Thanks!

#4417 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSVT:

Long time lurker, First Post
Really appreciating all of the awesome info on here!
Received my Mando Prem 5 days ago, updated to 1.20 right away w/no issues, and played quite a bit this past weekend. Just loving learning the game until a dead right flipper pops in the middle of a monster multi-ball
There were no signs of anything wrong until that moment. Both flips work on upper playfield so thinking the right button opto is OK. Nothing hung up, nothing weak, just completely dead on the lower right flip.
I poked around best I could without raising the playfield to no avail, but I guess I'm learning about this machine earlier than expected!
Any tips or known failure points? I've been reading this chain since the early days and haven't seen any flipper failures and searching so far shows nothing
Thanks!

Id lift playfield and check solder joints at flipper coil. Doesn't sound like a flipper button leaf switch issue, but worth making sure those are adjusted correctly.

#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Check this connection in the backbox (picture taken from buffalo pinball)[quoted image]

I checked it and it looked solid. All wires were in and the connector was snug. The other end going into the monitor looked fine as well.

I did a verify with the latest code via USB and played a few games and the video stayed normal, so I guess it was just a gremlin?

#4419 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Thanks so much for this discussion and post. This is one of the most valuable parts of Pinside. I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts. And I have been working on new Stern machines off and on for 3 years. I am not a super mechanic, but I lift up the hood on all my machines all the time. Yeah, I do feel kind of stupid once it was explained. Now I will know how to install and troubleshoot my Insider kits. Cheers!

Agreed. I emailed Stern’s tech support and they got right back to me explained how to activate it with the coin door. I was emailing a tech back and forth and I think they had closed but he still emailed me answering my questions. Very helpful

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Id lift playfield and check solder joints at flipper coil. Doesn't sound like a flipper button leaf switch issue, but worth making sure those are adjusted correctly.

Yep, that was it. cold solder joint on the coil wire to the soldering tab. I guess you could say it was a defective coil, but fix was simple.
Thanks for the help!

#4421 2 years ago

Is there a general consensus on flipper and slingshot settings ? It just seems way to high on my machine and everything is too fast!

#4422 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSVT:

Yep, that was it. cold solder joint on the coil wire to the soldering tab. I guess you could say it was a defective coil, but fix was simple.
Thanks for the help!

Glad it was simple.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a general consensus on flipper and slingshot settings ? It just seems way to high on my machine and everything is too fast!

Just play about with them mate and find out what works for you best.

#4424 2 years ago

Just got my shooter rod from Stern in the mail today (ordered back in June of '21 and my distributor just got it in a week or so ago). This is my first stern shooter purchase, so I was surprised that it came with the whole housing and not just the rod itself.

I've already got a little decal/overlay on the factory housing (mythosaur logo from Colywobbles ), so I'm planning to just swap out the rod and leave the modified factory housing in place.

I guess my point/question is, why does Stern send an entire housing with the rod? I guess to ensure good action/fitment between the rod and the housing? Seems like kind of a waste otherwise...

#4425 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Just got my shooter rod from Stern in the mail today (ordered back in June of '21 and my distributor just got it in a week or so ago). This is my first stern shooter purchase, so I was surprised that it came with the whole housing and not just the rod itself.
I've already got a little decal/overlay on the factory housing (mythosaur logo from Colywobbles ), so I'm planning to just swap out the rod and leave the modified factory housing in place.
I guess my point/question is, why does Stern send an entire housing with the rod? I guess to ensure good action/fitment between the rod and the housing? Seems like kind of a waste otherwise...

The brass bearing/bushing that the rod slides on will wear and get wobbly overtime. Your part is for future fixes. Keep the original for that purpose down the road.

#4426 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wanna say, without checking, that I have 185 on the left flipper and 200 on the right flipper. Slingshot I have dialed way, way down.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I wanna say, without checking, that I have 185 on the left flipper and 200 on the right flipper. Slingshot I have dialed way, way down.

Stock power on everything for me. Need strong flippers for backhanded shots, at least on my game.

#4428 2 years ago

What’s everyone’s strategy for handling VUK ejects? Live catches, drop catches, dead bounces, etc.?

So far I’ve had the most success with live catches, but every approach I’ve tried has been somewhat unpredictable with balls going out of control. I think I need to get better at my live catch timing…

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

What’s everyone’s strategy for handling VUK ejects? Live catches, drop catches, dead bounces, etc.?
So far I’ve had the most success with live catches, but every approach I’ve tried has been somewhat unpredictable with balls going out of control. I think I need to get better at my live catch timing…

Yes, I try live catches, too. Mando is very hard / unforgiving if you play in flow. It's a lot of fun, but short fun in my experience. So my best advice for a good game on Mando is backhand everything that's possible. Vuk, left ramp, right ramp, U-Turn/ambush shot... Backhand rules. I really like the impossible mode as well, because you have to play in flow more, have to avoid trapping. Perfect challenge in this game. Really fun, really hard

#4430 2 years ago

Added an armorer to the foundry.

IMG_20220308_150630112~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220308_150630112~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220308_150801018 (resized).jpgIMG_20220308_150801018 (resized).jpg
#4431 2 years ago

So I adjusted my u turn switch awhile back and all was good for awhile but shots to the uturn are starting to not register the occasional switch hit again. This really sucks when you are trying for super skill shot or super jackpot...nail the shot and...NOTHING. There has got to be a way to get this important shot to be more consistent. What about those magnet switch dealies? Weren't those guys in here at some point?

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So I adjusted my u turn switch awhile back and all was good for awhile but shots to the uturn are starting to not register the occasional switch hit again. This really sucks when you are trying for super skill shot or super jackpot...nail the shot and...NOTHING. There has got to be a way to get this important shot to be more consistent. What about those magnet switch dealies? Weren't those guys in here at some point?

I've noticed the same inconsistencies and have been thinking about replacing that switch with the magnetic switches. Those guys just seem to show up anytime someone has a switch issue. Figured I'd contact them next time I saw a post from them.

#4433 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Added an armorer to the foundry.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it !

Still my favorite piece I've made

#4434 2 years ago

I am having issues with the ball jumping off of the left ramp and bouncing into the left drain. Has anyone come up with a good fix for this?

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I can pretty consistently catch the ball with a live catch on the left flipper, on occasion, when I want the ball on the right flipper, I'll try dead bounces as well but those usually just end up back on the left flipper anyway.

#4437 2 years ago

So I adjusted my u turn switch awhile back and all was good for awhile but shots to the uturn are starting to not register the occasional switch hit again. This really sucks when you are trying for super skill shot or super jackpot...nail the shot and...NOTHING. There has got to be a way to get this important shot to be more consistent.

I was thinking about adding some lexan above the lane to prevent the ball from bouncing over the switch, but I'm also thinking about adding a one way gate to slow the ball down a little bit because I really dislike the way the ball bounces out of that shot.

But I guess that wacky, inconsistent feed when shooting the U-turn is just kind of part of the game, hey?

#4438 2 years ago
Quoted from Xantanian:

I am having issues with the ball jumping off of the left ramp and bouncing into the left drain. Has anyone come up with a good fix for this?

Jumping off the plastic ramp or off the wireform as it’s coming back to the flipper?

#4439 2 years ago

I ordered a MRS from M&M. $41 shipped. I will install asap after getting it and will report back. I think this should take care of the problem though!

#4440 2 years ago

I ordered a MRS from M&M. $41 shipped. I will install asap after getting it and will report back. I think this should take care of the problem though!

Mine is working >90% of the time but still frustrating so following your use of the MRS. My question though is why do we think the switch isn't working? I seem to get failure on shots that are perfect which I have assumed carries the ball high on the Uturn and therefore above or too high on the switch to activate it. That would seem to be why bending the switch higher has been a solution so far. The reason this is relevant is that by my understanding of a MRS switch the ball will have to pass close to the switch (magnets) to activate the switch. The MRS therefore may not solve our problem.

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Mine is working >90% of the time but still frustrating so following your use of the MRS. My question though is why do we think the switch isn't working? I seem to get failure on shots that are perfect which I have assumed carries the ball high on the Uturn and therefore above or too high on the switch to activate it. That would seem to be why bending the switch higher has been a solution so far. The reason this is relevant is that by my understanding of a MRS switch the ball will have to pass close to the switch (magnets) to activate the switch. The MRS therefore may not solve our problem.

It seems this switch has fixed similar issues on games with similar shots...Rush, Godzilla, etc...

#4442 2 years ago

To find out exactly what your issue is, get your mobile positioned or GoPro and record a slo-mo, I have 100% switch activation after I tweaked the area to suit my game.

#4443 2 years ago

I adjusted mine too. Seems to work fine, but realised an issue with mode 2: U-Turn doesn't register, obviously just in that mode. Could be a code issue in the newest update. The switch works well most of the time... Maybe it's a pro or premium/le code issue.

The switch on encounter exit doesn't register some times as well if the ball jumps out of the upper playfield. Game is stuck in encounter in that case. Maybe a Reed switch could improve this. I still hope, the code will get improved and will end encounter if other switches are triggered.

#4444 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I posted on the insider connected thread but wanting to check here….anyone else QR reader just stop or seldom scan? The first day I had no issues, got everything registered and started earning achievements. Next day it seemed to be really finicky to scan. Today I got it to scan once but never again. My Godzilla right next to it is working fine (minus the light being out on the QR reader). I went through the insider connected menu and everything looks good. Any ideas?

I just put in 1.2 today, got the scanner to work and had it on and off all afternoon. I just turned the game on and I get a message that the game is offline. When I go into net is says I do not have the QR kit.

Just rebooted, and everything seems to work OK.

Just temperamental I guess.

#4445 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Quick question to Prem/LE folks.
The scoop makes a buzzing noise when it's "engaged", it was so loud it could be heard over in the middle of play and I have the machine pretty loud. With the glass off, I rolled the ball through the loop and the buzz could be felt on the top of the mech.
I messed with the Up/Down Scoop hold power setting, trying values above and below. I would seem to quiet down and then come back, so I was thinking it was mechanical somehow. I looked under the playfield to make sure the mech looked like the drawing in the manual and all the sleeves/washers/springs were in the correct place. Hmmm...
Anyway, just set it back to default setting, and last night it quieted down on it's own. It's still there a little bit, but not audible over the game in play. Not heard back from Pablo on my email, just wondering if anyone else had this.

Found this 7 month old post with the search function, digging it up now:

I messed with my noisy (audible hum when held) Up/Down scoop hold power last night as well, lowering it from 96 (default) to about 75. It did seem to quiet down somewhat, but it's still audible.

Was there another solution or adjustment found to resolve this issue? Couldn't find anything else in the search tool. Sorry if this has been asked a few times!

Note: It's a little hard to quickly test the hold power changes in single coil test because the coil just pulses there--doesn't hold. This requires you to go into a game to see how it performs once it goes down for Ambush or something like that, which is a little clumsy.

#4446 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

[quoted image]

where did you get these replacement wireforms?

#4447 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Found this 7 month old post with the search function, digging it up now:
I messed with my noisy (audible hum when held) Up/Down scoop hold power last night as well, lowering it from 96 (default) to about 75. It did seem to quiet down somewhat, but it's still audible.
Was there another solution or adjustment found to resolve this issue? Couldn't find anything else in the search tool. Sorry if this has been asked a few times!
Note: It's a little hard to quickly test the hold power changes in single coil test because the coil just pulses there--doesn't hold. This requires you to go into a game to see how it performs once it goes down for Ambush or something like that, which is a little clumsy.

Mine ended up just clearing on it's own after a couple days.

I couldn't find anything so don't quote me, but somewhere on Pinside I remember seeing a response from Stern that had to do with bending the coil bracket a little.

#4448 2 years ago

Just did the new update for Mando… And the system is telling me I don’t have the Wi-Fi adapter…which is definitely in the game. Any suggestions? It didn’t recognize the QR scanner until I popped out the door switch.

Edit: got it. Just reseated everything

#4449 2 years ago

Just a random shout out to Pablo and Thalia at the Stern service department.

I joined the "cracked Encounters ramp" club about a week ago and emailed the service department and a replacement ramp and decals were shipped up to me a week later.

For as much as we are tough on manufacturers, that's pretty darn fantastic warranty service.

Cliffy's on order for the ramp before I do a replacement. (Hopefully not too painful)

Resume discussions on when we shall see a topper announced!

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Just a random shout out to Pablo and Thalia at the Stern service department.
I joined the "cracked Encounters ramp" club about a week ago and emailed the service department and a replacement ramp and decals were shipped up to me a week later.
For as much as we are tough on manufacturers, that's pretty darn fantastic warranty service.
Cliffy's on order for the ramp before I do a replacement. (Hopefully not too painful)
Resume discussions on when we shall see a topper announced!

I put the cliffys on my cracked ramp, replacement is stored until original is trashed. Been working great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/89?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.