Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 157.
#4351 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

I got the same message of QR not installed.. but it works fine..

Pull the coin door interlock switch or set the Standard Adjustment "COIN DOOR OPEN NODEBUS POWER" to YES

#4352 2 years ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

This is *mostly* true. Some nodes, like the QR scanner do not require +48V, and get their (low voltage) power directly from the nodebus cable. There is a Standard Adjustment "COIN DOOR OPEN NODEBUS POWER", that controls whether the nodebus power should be present when the interlock switch is open. You can set this adjustment to YES to keep the Scanner powered when the coin door/interlock switch is open.

thx for that clarification. hadn't noticed the adj option for enabling that low power before!

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

I installed the 1.20 code. Played a few games, no trouble.
I then setup Insider Connect easily.
Now the game locks up in less than one minute of play and resets.
I'm going to turn off Insider Connect (if I can) and see if this may be a solution. I will then install the update again.
This may be a problem that only I am having.
I will report back with my results.
-Mandalorian Pro with factory installed Insider Connect.
This is the way.
, Bill

Does it lock up only when you’re logged into IC or even when you’re not?

#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

****Resolved****
***I simply turned machine off and then back on. Plays perfectly with and without being signed in to Insider Connect.***
I installed the 1.20 code. Played a few games, no trouble.
I then setup Insider Connect easily.
Now the game locks up in less than one minute of play and resets.
I'm going to turn off Insider Connect (if I can) and see if this may be a solution. I will then install the update again.
This may be a problem that only I am having.
I will report back with my results.
-Mandalorian Pro with factory installed Insider Connect.
This is the way.
, Bill

^^^All good!

Ghost in the machine...

I'd also like to mention that this update, with IC and all of this polish, this is now my favorite machine. The code, the layout, the shots, the lighting, the artwork, cut scenes, music, callouts and theme. Purely a stellar pinball machine. HUGE KUDOS to everyone that was involved in the creation of this machine.

Thanks!

, Bill

#4355 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

I got the same message of QR not installed.. but it works fine..

If the coin door is open, the QR reader will not work on mine. I needed to hold the high power button to perform my install

Quoted from TrixTrix:

Pull the coin door interlock switch or set the Standard Adjustment "COIN DOOR OPEN NODEBUS POWER" to YES

Didn’t see this at first, thanks!

#4356 2 years ago

Warning, old man rant here, but my mando premium came with the Stern Insider kit thing and I totally hate it. I don't like the stupid bright red nonsense and QR codes on my pin and I don't like a bright white square while I am playing a game. I can take the crap off but it looks like I will need to order a new apron and right decal?

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Good luck. When mine would die I could usually get it to come back by opening the coin door and pulling the interlock, but not always. And sometimes everything would just start blinking off and on. If it isn't an issue with the 48v connector at the CPU board the only advice I can give is to start checking for any loose connectors, and loose wires going into connectors.

Just want to let you know it ended up being node board 9 causing those issues on my Mando. By the way Stern sucks ass with their tech support. Going on 4 days without a response back.

#4358 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Just want to let you know it ended up being node board 9 causing those issues on my Mando. By the way Stern sucks ass with their tech support. Going on 4 days without a response back.

Glad you got it sorted out. Was the node board itself bad or just one of its connections?

They got back to me almost immediately with some initial basic things to check, but I had figured it out on my own by the time they replied again the next morning. I guess it depends on who you get.

#4359 2 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Warning, old man rant here, but my mando premium came with the Stern Insider kit thing and I totally hate it. I don't like the stupid bright red nonsense and QR codes on my pin and I don't like a bright white square while I am playing a game. I can take the crap off but it looks like I will need to order a new apron and right decal?

Yep...Go for it, partner. Unplug that thing if you don't like the light. Tracking down an insert graphic is going to be the toughest part if you end up trying to remove the IC altogether.

#4360 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I think it's:
Hunter completed
+ Encounters completed
+ Missions completed
+ Scope completed
+ Razor Crest completed
+ Ambush completed

Was it on the stream or mentioned on their? I am only just watching it now.

When I saw it on the achievement list, it’s made me think of GOAT mania from JP, the topper mode.

#4361 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Glad you got it sorted out. Was the node board itself bad or just one of its connections?
They got back to me almost immediately with some initial basic things to check, but I had figured it out on my own by the time they replied again the next morning. I guess it depends on who you get.

It was the actual node 9 that was bad.
I noticed on all the node boards that the amber led network link indicator wasn't flashing simultaneously. It was flashing in a pattern. I started disconnected the cat 6 cables one at a time.

Then notice when I disconnected the cable going to node 9 that link led was flashing the way it was supposed to, that it was communicating to the other node boards.

Took my node 9 board out of Led Zeppelin. Installed it in Mando and he is now back in action.

#4362 2 years ago

I hope Mando Madness is not a Midnight Madness mode. They’re such a waste of programming.

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope Mando Madness is not a Midnight Madness mode. They’re such a waste of programming.

BRB!

#4364 2 years ago

Well I ended up playing and totally forgot to change the time to midnight

#4365 2 years ago

I have had mine unplugged for the last month until yesterday when the insider connect update dropped. I relocated it to the door. Works fine without the reader connected. As soon as I can get a decal I will cover up the hole.

#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I have had mine unplugged for the last month until yesterday when the insider connect update dropped. I relocated it to the door. Works fine without the reader connected. As soon as I can get a decal I will cover up the hole.

That is actually a great idea where you located it to.

#4367 2 years ago

Old man rants are always welcome

But...I would suggest giving it a try. The code has been out only 24 hrs so perhaps you haven't given it a good run-through yet. It doesn't cost you anything and it gives you a whole new way to approach the game with the 83 achievements.
(https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/109/achievements)

On my Aerosmith, I got a lot of the achievements quickly, but now when I step up to the pin I often go with a goal of getting one of those remaining achievements.

As for the bright white square, I've never noticed it while I'm playing.

</end young man rant>

#4368 2 years ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Thanks so much for this discussion and post. This is one of the most valuable parts of Pinside. I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts. And I have been working on new Stern machines off and on for 3 years. I am not a super mechanic, but I lift up the hood on all my machines all the time. Yeah, I do feel kind of stupid once it was explained. Now I will know how to install and troubleshoot my Insider kits. Cheers!

#4369 2 years ago

Is there anything else of note added to this patch other than the Insider Connected functionality?

#4370 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Is there anything else of note added to this patch other than the Insider Connected functionality?

There was something about the timing on the super skill shot. Not a whole lot else in the release notes, but I feel like the game is playing better for me - especially the upper playfield (seems to properly start level and get steeper with each stage of the encounter, previously it was always steep no matter what) on the Premium and the Ambush mode timing. Could've just had a good game though =)

#4371 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Old man rants are always welcome
But...I would suggest giving it a try. The code has been out only 24 hrs so perhaps you haven't given it a good run-through yet. It doesn't cost you anything and it gives you a whole new way to approach the game with the 83 achievements.
(https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/109/achievements)
On my Aerosmith, I got a lot of the achievements quickly, but now when I step up to the pin I often go with a goal of getting one of those remaining achievements.
As for the bright white square, I've never noticed it while I'm playing.
</end young man rant>

Agree. I'm still trying to love my Mando pro as much as everyone else here does. I find it to be the most repetitive of the pins I have, not boring necessarily but definitely the same adventure over and over again without a lot of variety. The addition of insider connected, even in my few games with it added on last night, will definitely compliment this pin. The majority of the achievements are mission/multiball/encounter specific and will give me a reason to play "mission only" "encounter only" games etc. I realize your old man complaint was primarily about the aesthetics but I agree the light is unnoticeable. I only plan on replacing the insider connected info card.

#4372 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:Agree. I'm still trying to love my Mando pro as much as everyone else here does. I find it to be the most repetitive of the pins I have, not boring necessarily but definitely the same adventure over and over again without a lot of variety. The addition of insider connected, even in my few games with it added on last night, will definitely compliment this pin. The majority of the achievements are mission/multiball/encounter specific and will give me a reason to play "mission only" "encounter only" games etc. I realize your old man complaint was primarily about the aesthetics but I agree the light is unnoticeable. I only plan on replacing the insider connected info card.

I feel this for sure. I have listed my mando then changed my mind. I have almost traded it 2 times for other pins. I still have it but I feel it won’t be staying. The theme is keeping it in my collection so far.

#4373 2 years ago

Or just cut out a printed card and put it over it?

#4374 2 years ago

See the link below...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/75#post-6758698

#4375 2 years ago

Did scoring go down with new version? Usually when I stack a mode with multiball I could easily get to 100M that round. Today I got all the way to mini-wizard "I like those odds" and I was still at 180M. Maybe its an off day.

#4376 2 years ago

Loganpinball’s metal wireforms for sale. They’re great, no issues. I picked up the Stern replacements, so I no longer need these.

$150 shipped

Edit: **Sold**
68FD4017-6333-461C-B443-03F746A1CAD0 (resized).jpeg68FD4017-6333-461C-B443-03F746A1CAD0 (resized).jpeg

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Loganpinball’s metal wireforms for sale. They’re great, no issues. I picked up the Stern replacements, so I no longer need these.
$150 shipped[quoted image]

I’ve heard these are better than Sterns factory ramps, how did you find them?

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve heard these are better than Sterns factory ramps

Logan’s ramps have two stabilizing points, and Sterns ramps have one. So Logan’s ramps are more stable, and they work great. My own preference is to keep things factory (even though the wireforms are not factory on the Pro, ha).

Anyway, I can’t say enough good things about Logan’s wireforms.

#4379 2 years ago

Anyone aware of a good solution to keep fast balls up the right scoop from hopping off the wire forms? Most of my clean shots are jumping off at the junction, with many going SDTM or even flying over the left inlane guide for an outlane drain.

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Anyone aware of a good solution to keep fast balls up the right scoop from hopping off the wire forms? Most of my clean shots are jumping off at the junction, with many going SDTM or even flying over the left inlane guide for an outlane drain.

I’m interested in this too. Happens occasionally. I don’t want to dial down clipper power because all my backhands are perfect.

#4381 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Anyone aware of a good solution to keep fast balls up the right scoop from hopping off the wire forms?

have you tried a little bending down of the platform which is holding the rail at the junction? worked fine for me, but needed to be very careful in order not to break the welding...

#4382 2 years ago

Got my Insider Connected up and running but when I scam my QR code is says my game is not registered, nor does it give me a prompt to register. How do I do this?

#4383 2 years ago

Pinside might want to get some more server bandwidth before the Mando topper is announced. Just sayin'.

#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Got my Insider Connected up and running but when I scam my QR code is says my game is not registered, nor does it give me a prompt to register. How do I do this?

Get your game to look for your wifi and then type in the password. Then the game will try to register itself and you'll have to go onto your phone and complete the registration by entering the address where the game is located. That will register the game and then you will be able to sign in on the game. I did this about an hour ago.

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

have you tried a little bending down of the platform which is holding the rail at the junction? worked fine for me, but needed to be very careful in order not to break the welding...

Thanks, might give that a try. Going to test some sorbothane at the top of the scoop. Balls only fall off the wire form when they fly out of the scoop, which makes me think a small ridge of thin sorbo at the exit’s top could slow those rockets without impacting balls that exit at a slower speed.

I’m loving a lot of Mando’s design, but between smooth scoop shots falling off the wire form, balls bouncing off the diverter back down the left ramp, fast balls missing the horseshoe switch, and centered shots bouncing off the right ramp entrance like a trampoline into the air guard plastics, the game seems engineered to punish perfectly clean shots.

While most of these can be fixed with some home modifications, these are a lot of design problems to have when a machine is working as intended.

#4386 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Thanks, might give that a try. Going to test some sorbothane at the top of the scoop. Balls only fall off the wire form when they fly out of the scoop, which makes me think a small ridge of thin sorbo at the exit’s top could slow those rockets without impacting balls that exit at a slower speed.
I’m loving a lot of Mando’s design, but between smooth scoop shots falling off the wire form, balls bouncing off the diverter back down the left ramp, fast balls missing the horseshoe switch, and centered shots bouncing off the right ramp entrance like a trampoline into the air guard plastics, the game seems engineered to punish perfectly clean shots.
While most of these can be fixed with some home modifications, these are a lot of design problems to have when a machine is working as intended.

That's strange. I don't have any of those issues on mine. My Rush is requiring a lot more tweaking than Mando.

#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Get your game to look for your wifi and then type in the password. Then the game will try to register itself and you'll have to go onto your phone and complete the registration by entering the address where the game is located. That will register the game and then you will be able to sign in on the game. I did this about an hour ago.

Yeah, insider install is not that intuitive. But I must admit I do like the product.

A couple of pearls that might help-

Don’t forget to pull out the coin door interlock button during set up.
You need to use the small coin door buttons to get to the NET icon. After that I use flippers and start button for navigation…
I use flippers and start button when typing in my Wi-Fi password. You can hold down the action button for shift.
Register yourself at the Stern Insider connect site. You must do this before you can register your machine.
To register your machine- scan your personal QR code on the machine you want to register (just like when you want to play a game). This action sends the request to the Stern Insider server. Your machine will then tell you to finish registration via the app. Go to your app home page and there will be a note to complete registration. One click on that message and you are finished (!).

I am not a Stern official and the above has been my experience on 4 home machines. Good luck!

By the way- Mando is such a great game. I play this about twice as much as my GZLE (which is also fabulous). I’m not sure what it is, but Mando is so addictive.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's strange. I don't have any of those issues on mine. My Rush is requiring a lot more tweaking than Mando.

I put in the tweak kit from Mezel that is made by pinball universe. Most of the items I could have made on my own for a lot cheaper but in the end it was a nice comprehensive kit and made the game play a lot smoother.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

#4389 2 years ago

My IC light is dull and flickers on and off. It works fine but it’s not a solid light like my other 4 IC readers. Any thoughts why it would be acting up?

#4390 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

My IC light is dull and flickers on and off. It works fine but it’s not a solid light like my other 4 IC readers. Any thoughts why it would be acting up?

My first one did the same thing just before the light went out permanently. Stern replaced it with a new one under warranty.

#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I put in the tweak kit from Mezel that is made by pinball universe. Most of the items I could have made on my own for a lot cheaper but in the end it was a nice comprehensive kit and made the game play a lot smoother.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

What exactly has this change though? I’ve looked at it a few times but it looks like a copy of the factory plastics.

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That PU kit is a thing of beauty. I was skeptical at first, but my left ramp is smooth as butter with it installed. Unfortunately the washer under the right ramp hasn’t stopped balls from bouncing off the metal tongue and into the air guard plastic which causes rejects.

#4393 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

That PU kit is a thing of beauty. I was skeptical at first, but my left ramp is smooth as butter with it installed. Unfortunately the washer under the right ramp hasn’t stopped balls from bouncing off the metal tongue and into the air guard plastic which causes rejects.

Have you fastened your right ramp down correctly using the nut underneath the ramp flap entrance?

#4394 2 years ago

I am having a hell of a time getting INSIDER CONNECTED to work on my new Mando Premium. It's connected via wifi but every time I scan my phone's QR code the machine's LCD screen says the machine is not registered. It does not prompt me to then go and register it (I have looked for how to do this and cannot find anywhere other than to just register my machine on Stern's website using the serial number).

If I go into the settings and go to NETWORK and then ABOUT it gives my a QR code on the screen to scan to go register all machines on the wifi network, but the QR code keeps reading as invalid.

Help??

#4395 2 years ago

Had some requests to create a dress up kit to cover the Insider Connected decal over the speaker along with the seizure warning. My Mando premium came with the sticker, so I was already on it! Anyway here are some pictures before and after and a link to the item on my store. The magnet can be installed and removed without affecting the QR decal. It would also look good on the coin door if you already have the Wizard mod on the speaker panel. Similar kits available for Rush and Godzilla too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05901-mandalorian-dress-up-magnet-art-and-decal-art

20220305_102356 (resized).jpg20220305_102356 (resized).jpg20220305_102433 (resized).jpg20220305_102433 (resized).jpg20220305_102802 (resized).jpg20220305_102802 (resized).jpg20220305_103318 (resized).jpg20220305_103318 (resized).jpg
#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinside might want to get some more server bandwidth before the Mando topper is announced. Just sayin'.

Any beans to spill?

#4397 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I am having a hell of a time getting INSIDER CONNECTED to work on my new Mando Premium. It's connected via wifi but every time I scan my phone's QR code the machine's LCD screen says the machine is not registered. It does not prompt me to then go and register it (I have looked for how to do this and cannot find anywhere other than to just register my machine on Stern's website using the serial number).
If I go into the settings and go to NETWORK and then ABOUT it gives my a QR code on the screen to scan to go register all machines on the wifi network, but the QR code keeps reading as invalid.
Help??

Go to Service Menu->Net->Insider Connected. Scan your player QR code to register the game to your account. Then you need to complete the registration on the web site. Log into your account there should be a notice regarding completing registration for a game. Select the complete registration, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the screen (if on mobile) to select the complete registration button.

#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Help??

The steps are

1) Have your insider account on the website complete - where you can log in, and you have your personal QR code. You should setup a 'location' to represent where the game will live (your home arcade, etc)
2) In the game, setup your network connection, do test connection and ensure it gets good values
3) In the Stern Insider Connected Menu option, Scan your ---personal QR code---. The game will eventually say connected and DIRECT YOU TO GOTO THE WEBSITE TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION -- This is the step everyone seems to get excited and forget to read
4) In the insider connected WEBPAGE, you will get a notification you have a game trying to be registered, you will acknowledge it and it will assign the game to your location
(in a pro account you can have multiple locations and you can pick which to assign it to)

Then you will be able to use your personal QR code to scan into the game to play.

The QR code for wifi is just a simplified way to setup your wifi connection - you can create a set of wifi settings in the website and it will generate a QR code for that. Then when setting up wifi in a game, you can opt to scan that QR code instead of manually entering the wifi settings.

Everyone forgets the accept the game in the website step and the game itself doesn't give good feedback it hasn't been confirmed.

#4399 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you fastened your right ramp down correctly using the nut underneath the ramp flap entrance?

Yep, triple checked it. Tried it both tight and a little loose. From what I hear it may just take time for the metal to wear in.

#4400 2 years ago

My upper playfield (prem/LE) started acting up today - Encounters light is lit - but the upper playfield does not engage (diverter does not activate) and ball goes through the whole way to the down ramp.. I tried playing a few full games.. and Encounters do not happen... any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.