Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 157.
#4251 2 years ago

Anyone know why the Ball Save Limit at Start setting when changed from 1-5 or anything in between (1 is factory), doesn't seem to work? Only seems to save the ball once even if set to 2,3,4,5. I've tried to extend the timer to see if it was timing out quickly, etc.

I'm on the latest SW version and on a Pro.

I haven't installed or changed any other factory settings.

Have a good weekend everyone!

#4252 2 years ago

Anyone know where to find the post stud that secures the Mando left side star post, the star post that is nutted on top of the left side plastic? It seems to be 6/32" into the playfield and 8/32" on top, 2" long.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone know where to find the post stud that secures the Mando left side star post, the star post that is nutted on top of the left side plastic? It seems to be 6/32" into the playfield and 8/32" on top, 2" long.

This one is 2.4" long if you can make that work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5008-00.html

#4254 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Are you digging your premium pal?

Loving it!

#4255 2 years ago

Finally got around to painting and installing my trooper kabob mod from Diddy. Game's been in the house since August and I'm still Loving It. Had the honeymoon phase with my ex-wife lasted this long I might still be married.

IMG_20220226_092900082 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_092900082 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_093103010 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_093103010 (resized).jpg
#4256 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Had the honeymoon phase with my ex-wife lasted this long I might still be married.

Why are divorces so expensive? Because they are worth it.

#4257 2 years ago

Am I doing this right?
First time I Cliffy'd anything. (Sounds a little perverse)
After installation, the ball never really touches the wood in the shooter groove. It's floating on the two metal Cliffy's. Is this correct? Obviously can't move the left one over because it's position is determined by the two screws. The right side is pushed all the way to the right in this picture. The only thing I might could do would be to roll the edge slightly without touching the wood. Not that it really matters.

PXL_20220223_224814406.jpgPXL_20220223_224814406.jpg
#4258 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Am I doing this right?
First time I Cliffy'd anything. (Sounds a little perverse)
After installation, the ball never really touches the wood in the shooter groove. It's floating on the two metal Cliffy's. Is this correct? Obviously can't move the left one over because it's position is determined by the two screws. The right side is pushed all the way to the right in this picture. The only thing I might could do would be to roll the edge slightly without touching the wood. Not that it really matters.
[quoted image]

The left side shooter lane cliffy fits or doesn't fit, it's position is precise to the existing mounts. The right one is pinched and can be slightly adjusted from what I remember when I installed them. As long as the right side one is covering the shooter lane wood edge you are good to go.

I also put mylar in the rest of the lane.

#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm also looking to do this, where did you get the spring?

Pu-parts.com

#4260 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thoughts on using loctite for the screws that hold the left orbit rail in place so it guides to left flipper? Having to readjust it again. Gotta say, of the Sterns i've owned, this one requires the most tinkering and constant adjusting.

Did you ever figure out how to get your left orbit rail to stay in place. After I placed a washer underneath it to raise it off the playfield it gets knocked back inside causing the ball to hit the post and drain. I have tightened the screws as tight as the will go and it still moves.

#4261 2 years ago

Thanks, already ordered one from Marco's here in the states.

#4262 2 years ago

This game is so fun. I can get to 250-300,000,000+ each game, but I'm still learning the nuances to try to blow it up. Finishing modes by elevating the values (not cashing out at first) seems pretty big. Finishing multi ball after the super skill shot is big (as it should be). I'm really digging it. Upper playfield is tough.

#4263 2 years ago

Has anybody seen the playfield and screen go dark, and the flippers die mid-game? Sometimes it is preceded by the screen going off/on a couple times, sometimes not. It doesn't completely lose power, and if I open the coin door and pull the interlock, it will restore full power to everything, and the in progress game keeps going. I saw it happen once a couple days ago and I didn't need to do anything at that time since it recovered on it's own after a second, but it has gotten worse today. Sometimes I can play a 2-3 games in a row and its good, then it happens a couple times within 5 minutes.

The connections at the power supply are good, nothing loose there, and I've checked every other connector too as far as I know. I was going to play with the coin door and backbox open to be able to see that status lights on the boards show when it happens. Any suggestions?

#4264 2 years ago

Anyone know of a setting to dim the flipper spotlights without darkening the GI? The lights feel glaringly brighter than the rest of the GI, especially with white flippers.

#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Did you ever figure out how to get your left orbit rail to stay in place. After I placed a washer underneath it to raise it off the playfield it gets knocked back inside causing the ball to hit the post and drain. I have tightened the screws as tight as the will go and it still moves.

I tightened the screws more than I did previously and seems to be holding steady for now but I fear this is probably something that will just need to be adjusted from time to time but if you stumble upon a better fix, please share.

#4266 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Anyone know of a setting to dim the flipper spotlights without darkening the GI? The lights feel glaringly brighter than the rest of the GI, especially with white flippers.

If you can 3d-Print: I designed a lens and printed a orange light Diffusor. Maybe the one part could be enough. On my LE the orange was visible from top, so I designed a second part to prevent that...

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jFn2Vn1mC40

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/hC573sI3RdT

You have still an additional light, but won't be disturbed from too much light and shadow around flippers. Enjoy

#4267 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSD2SAE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00

or if you want them a neat red:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-03441-1-875-Parking-Repair/dp/B000BOCAMQ/ref=sr_1_3

you can find the latter at Wal-Mart. Just put it over the hole. Done. Don't gotta complicate it.

Afterthought. Use washable market and color the led black or grey. It will still shine through

#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Are you digging your premium pal?

I've had mine for 3 weeks- seems like 3 months. I have over 20 other modern pins and this is my current #1. It is so damn addictive. Yeah it has some of the bugs (Encounter mode and floppy left upper flipper), but I can't get enough of it. One of my pinball buddies comes over and we play this exclusively- I have to keep him off of the GC. This one is staying- hopefully can score the topper.

Thanks for posting upper playfield removal!

#4269 2 years ago

For those of you who might be having intermittent problems with The foundry scoop, before you replace the micro switch underneath, check the solder points on that switch. I could have just saved myself a lot of grief as the problem was not the switch but a bad solder job on the switch lug from the factory. Just saying.

#4270 2 years ago

Was getting very close to This is the Way last night (only needed a couple more shots for the final red mode), and the opto for the left side gate either stopped registering or the software has a bug. I had finished all the green modes (multiballs and hurry ups), but earned another multiball from the super skill shot sequence. But when the ball went into that gate, it would just sit until ball search released it. After the game I did a switch test and it seemed fine. Maybe the software didn’t count on this scenario.

#4271 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Was getting very close to This is the Way last night (only needed a couple more shots for the final red mode), and the opto for the left side gate either stopped registering or the software has a bug. I had finished all the green modes (multiballs and hurry ups), but earned another multiball from the super skill shot sequence. But when the ball went into that gate, it would just sit until ball search released it. After the game I did a switch test and it seemed fine. Maybe the software didn’t count on this scenario.

Please send email to Stern about this. This could be one of those deep game bugs that rarely get noticed cause nobody ever gets there...lol. Gotta be diligent about squashing bugs while Dwight is still willing to do so.

#4272 2 years ago

Here's a fun addition that seems to be right at home in the machine. It's a Hot Wheels mando on speeder bike. Brought out some of the details with paint before installation.Ez-Pz

IMG_20220226_175935539 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_175935539 (resized).jpgIMG_20220228_200514732 (resized).jpgIMG_20220228_200514732 (resized).jpg
#4273 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Got my new Mando premium on the 19th.

When I first got my machine, insider connect was not working nor could you see the network settings in the menu.

During game play the playfield would just go dark like the tilt was being activated but it wasn't.

Then during boot up the machine can not fine node boards 1, 8, and 9. Its to the point now the machine is not playable.

Anyone else see these issues this their machine?

Thanks.

#4274 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys,
When I first got my machine, insider connect was not working nor could you see the network settings in the menu.
During game play the playfield would just go dark like the tilt was being activated but it wasn't.
Then during boot up the machine can not fine node boards 1, 8, and 9. Its to the point now the machine is not playable.
Thanks.

Try taking out the wi-fi adapter for IC (with the game off). Should be a little USB nub in the back box. I had this exact same issue with another game and it ended up being a bad wi-fi adapter. Also double check all your connections under the playfield - specifically the cat5/Ethernet ones - unplug and plug them back in.

#4275 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Try taking out the wi-fi adapter for IC (with the game off). Should be a little USB nub in the back box. I had this exact same issue with another game and it ended up being a bad wi-fi adapter. Also double check all your connections under the playfield - specifically the cat5/Ethernet ones - unplug and plug them back in.

Thanks pal. I reseated the cables for the node boards. Thought at first it might be the CPU board since it could not see Node 1,8,and 9. Swap out the CPU with my Led Zep and had the same issues. The WiFi adapter was not plugged into the Led Zep CPU that I installed. Stern tech support has been not much help to this point. Still waiting to hear back from Pablo. Going on 2 days now. Might just be a software firmware issue with the node boards.

#4276 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

I tightened the screws more than I did previously and seems to be holding steady for now but I fear this is probably something that will just need to be adjusted from time to time but if you stumble upon a better fix, please share.

I put a lock washer like this under that screw, & it seems to be holding. Time will tell I guess

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#4277 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys,
Thanks.

First, insider connect isn't enabled yet for Mando.

Might be similar to what I've been seeing: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/86#post-6802692

Check the power status LEDs on the CPU board in the backbox and see which ones are lit. My issue was intermittent, and I saw the VNB (node bus voltage) light would go off/on when the issue was occurring.

Yesterday I found that the ground wire for the CPU board (upper left 48V connector CN7) was a little loose and had backed out of the connector a bit, and due to the wire tie for that bundle of wires was getting pulled on. I created a little slack on that wire, and pushed it all the way back into the connector. After that I played for about an hour, let it sit in attract mode for a couple hours, then played again for about an hour more without seeing any issues, so I'm hoping that was causing it since it seems like the kind of thing a flaky ground would cause, but we'll see.

#4278 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

amazon.com link »
or if you want them a neat red:
amazon.com link »
you can find the latter at Wal-Mart. Just put it over the hole. Done. Don't gotta complicate it.
Afterthought. Use washable market and color the led black or grey. It will still shine through

Thanks! I had tried orange gels but preferred a more neutral way to dim the lights. I’ll try this tape.

#4279 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

First, insider connect isn't enabled yet for Mando.
Might be similar to what I've been seeing: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/86#post-6802692
Check the power status LEDs on the CPU board in the backbox and see which ones are lit. My issue was intermittent, and I saw the VNB (node bus voltage) light would go off/on when the issue was occurring.
Yesterday I found that the ground wire for the CPU board (upper left 48V connector CN7) was a little loose and had backed out of the connector a bit, and due to the wire tie for that bundle of wires was getting pulled on. I created a little slack on that wire, and pushed it all the way back into the connector. After that I played for about an hour, let it sit in attract mode for a couple hours, then played again for about an hour more without seeing any issues, so I'm hoping that was causing it since it seems like the kind of thing a flaky ground would cause, but we'll see.

Thanks pal. I'll give it a try.

#4280 2 years ago

Also another weird thing is is once I open the coin door and shut it again only the general illumination lights will light on the right hand side of the playfield not the left hand side of the playfield.

#4281 2 years ago

Finally made it to a mini wizard mode today (I Like Those Odds) and had a blast playing through it. The wizard modes being timed with a ball saver really make them feel like a reward that you can actually enjoy. Sounds and video clips for the mode really immerse you.

Put up a score of 828M, really good for me on this machine! Had Precious Cargo lit but Shatzed up the inlane and out the outlane to end the game… d’oh!

#4282 2 years ago

More love for mando! Had a chance today to finish some Mando projects. Most notably and probably the boldest move was repositioning the animated grogu mod to over the mini playfield. Was sick of him not having the full range of motion with the tight fitt he had on the left corner. It also opens up the left corner for an ice cave mod idea that has been kicking around in my head lately. I also did some work under the hood. Added pinmonks flipper fans and added some anti-airball shims under each of the stand-ups by right ramp. Was really surprised how well the shims work at keeping the ball on the playfield. What a great game.

IMG_20220301_161304861 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161304861 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161342740 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161342740 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161433697 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161433697 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161443912 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161443912 (resized).jpg

#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Also another weird thing is is once I open the coin door and shut it again only the general illumination lights will light on the right hand side of the playfield not the left hand side of the playfield.

Good luck. When mine would die I could usually get it to come back by opening the coin door and pulling the interlock, but not always. And sometimes everything would just start blinking off and on. If it isn't an issue with the 48v connector at the CPU board the only advice I can give is to start checking for any loose connectors, and loose wires going into connectors.

#4284 2 years ago

It isn't the 48v connector at the CPU. But it's definitely connector somewhere else. It's the same issues you're describing with some added weirdness.

After spending the amount of money I did on this pin and having these issues right out of the box brand new. Plus Stern not getting back to me.

I'll be taking it back to the vendor for another one or my money back.

#4285 2 years ago

I'm really enjoying the "Thanks Pal's" that are being handed out around here. Warms my heart. Let's keep that going.

#4286 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This game is so fun. I can get to 250-300,000,000+ each game, but I'm still learning the nuances to try to blow it up. Finishing modes by elevating the values (not cashing out at first) seems pretty big. Finishing multi ball after the super skill shot is big (as it should be). I'm really digging it. Upper playfield is tough.

Using flamethrower on the Jetpack MB final jackpot shot can be epic! Had a 200 million jackpot since also had PF multipliers going! Fun and the backhand game is a blast.

#4287 2 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

New code is up. Looks like IC is enabled.

#4288 2 years ago

Insider Connected…..

65861D6F-9B38-40A8-BA49-01F33C4FCB28.gif65861D6F-9B38-40A8-BA49-01F33C4FCB28.gif
#4289 2 years ago

Hopefully more premium IC kits are being shipped out soon, been waiting on a premium kit for a long time.

#4290 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeyB:

Hopefully more premium IC kits are being shipped out soon, been waiting on a premium kit for a long time.

You can use a Pro kit if you aren’t mounting the reader in the apron. If you put it in the coin door or in a pin gulp on the side - the parts are exactly the same between the two kits outside of the reader mounting option.

#4291 2 years ago

R rated speech & 83 achievements!!

Thank you Xaqery

#4292 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you Xaqery

Code!!! DeadFlip streaming new code tonight. Wouldn’t it be cool if the topper was on that machine…

#4293 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

You can use a Pro kit if you aren’t mounting the reader in the apron. If you put it in the coin door or in a pin gulp on the side - the parts are exactly the same between the two kits outside of the reader mounting option.

I did not know that, thanks for the info!

#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Code!!! DeadFlip streaming new code tonight. Wouldn’t it be cool if the topper was on that machine…

You would like to think if Stern have been sending approvals over to Disney/Lucasfilm for Star Wars and Mando IC, that they would also be pushing approvals for Mandos topper too.

Doubt it will be on code tonight unless it’s a newer version than this with topper implementation added. Would LOVE to see it though Mando is my fav game in a long time!

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You would like to think if Stern have been sending approvals over to Disney/Lucasfilm for Star Wars and Mando IC, that they would also be pushing approvals for Mandos topper too.
Doubt it will be on code tonight unless it’s a newer version than this with topper implementation added. Would LOVE to see it though Mando is my fav game in a long time!

Maybe they strategically left it off the release notes

#4296 2 years ago

Seems just some minor tweaks. Hope it fixes some of the bugs I've experienced.

I do kinda wish the post would pop up during the initial ball plunge (unless of course the left flipper is held). Would also like to see more skill shots (e.g., from a short plunge).

#4297 2 years ago

Too bad it didn't have IC a couple days ago because I could have gotten an achievement for scoring 500mil while the playfield and flippers randomly lose power.

#4298 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you Xaqery

Is "Dank Farrik" considered R-Rated?

Curious if this option means speech we've already heard can now be censored, or if it means new speech that is R-Rated has been added...

And agree, thanks Xaqery ! Can't wait to work through the achievements and get family/friends a little more engaged with playing.

#4299 2 years ago

This is an interesting little update.

- Added an adjustment called "ALLOW R-RATED SPEECH". Defaults to YES.

Don't remember there being any "bad language" in the shows.
Wonder if they got Carl Weathers to say a few "R-rated" things that they are now added to the game?
Would be hilarious if they did!

#4300 2 years ago

Now to find an Insider Connected upgrade kit...Just got Rush and I actually DO like the achievements and the stat tracking - printed out my QR code and have it sitting next to my machine makes it even easier. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/86?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.