Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 157.
#4101 2 years ago

I was expecting to hear some “ this is the way” and “ I have spoken “ callouts. Don’t recall hearing any, are they in the code?

#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Reading the new Godzilla code update, could we please have some more high score boards Xaqery
Beskar Champion
Fastest escape/ambush champ
Tilt champ
The more the merrier

Also, I don't think there's a high score board for the 3 first wizard mod, only This is the way.

#4103 2 years ago

Would highly recommend the pingraffix art blades. Very easy to install and they look much better than the stern character heads IMO

684E023A-4FED-461B-AAA1-B953E263F567 (resized).jpeg684E023A-4FED-461B-AAA1-B953E263F567 (resized).jpeg
#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Don't worry. It's gotten better. Look at a routed Ghostbusters from 5 years ago. Ooof. They're dimpled messes. There's not enough airballs in Mando, plus playfields are better over the past 5 years (why, I'm not sure).

On the fly flipping during any multiball on any machine causes airballs when they collide.

#4105 2 years ago

dear sir or madam,

I hereby apply for membership in your honorable society... AND I could really need your wisdom!

Does anyone know where this annoying "brrrrrrmmmmm" sound comes from? It happens when the right scoop/ u-turn is switched so the ball can go upwards to the rail. It sounds like a motor, switch or relay is stuck, or like something gets permanent current/ power where it should only get a single pulse.

https://www.picbazaa.de/Pinball/VID-20220217-WA0013.mp4

All I know is it's neither the shaker, nor the cooling fan nor a sound effect from the game. Maybe some cables are misconnected?

Thank you!

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

dear sir or madam,
I hereby apply for membership in your honorable society... AND I could really need your wisdom!
Does anyone know where this annoying "brrrrrrmmmmm" sound comes from? It happens when the right scoop/ u-turn is switched so the ball can go upwards to the rail. It sounds like a motor, switch or relay is stuck, or like something gets permanent current/ power where it should only get a single pulse.
https://www.picbazaa.de/Pinball/VID-20220217-WA0013.mp4
All I know is it's neither the shaker, nor the cooling fan nor a sound effect from the game. Maybe some cables are misconnected?
Thank you!

Not quite sure what noise you mean but if your talking about a buzzing noise when the up/down scoop is down, check the coil plunger, it’s likely now reaching the bottom of its travel, the plunger needs to reach the end stop bracket and make sure there no give in it when energised.

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Would highly recommend the pingraffix art blades. Very easy to install and they look much better than the stern character heads IMO[quoted image]

I disagree prefer the stern art blades better.

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Wiz mod do the best after market art blades for Mando imo, the stern ones are great though for consistency of the art style.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not quite sure what noise you mean but if your talking about a buzzing noise when the up/down scoop is down, check the coil plunger, it’s likely now reaching the bottom of its travel, the plunger needs to reach the end stop bracket and make sure there no give in it when energised.

Hey man can you clarify this?

“ it’s likely now reaching the bottom of its travel, the plunger needs to reach the end stop bracket and make sure there no give in it when energised”

My scoop makes a buzz when energized I just assumed it was normal. What do I need to look for and how do I fix? Thanks

#4110 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

Does anyone know where this annoying "brrrrrrmmmmm" sound comes from?

Hi there,

before this is getting any bigger and may cause some troubles: I have just had a call with "my" technician and he has confirmed nothing is wrong but the right scoop/ u-turn is just making a lot of noise when operating. We have checked the playfield, switches, coils etc. couldn't find anything and in the end we had both our games running at each end of the telephone and I could hear his game making the same noise mine was doing.

So, thank you, but sorry for the confusion, the issue was in my side. I just don't know yet all the sounds my new game is making!

#4111 2 years ago

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with horseshoe shot registering consistently? I’m assuming it’s just the rollover switch?

#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hey man can you clarify this?
“ it’s likely now reaching the bottom of its travel, the plunger needs to reach the end stop bracket and make sure there no give in it when energised”
My scoop makes a buzz when energized I just assumed it was normal. What do I need to look for and how do I fix? Thanks

Sorry mate that should have read “it’s likely NOT reaching the bottom……”

The coil that energises to bring the up/down scoop in the down position has a plunger and sleeve on it, if that is not making it all the way down to the coil stop and there is play in it once energised you will get that loud buzz from the scoop.

I had the same issue with my scoop buzzing really loud to the point it was noticeable with the glass on, compared to my friends game where his is almost silent.

Mine wasn’t reaching the coil stop and had play it in, adjusting it got rid of the buzz.

#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with horseshoe shot registering consistently? I’m assuming it’s just the rollover switch?

Yes and yes. It happens to me probably 1 in every 20 games.

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

Hi there,
before this is getting any bigger and may cause some troubles: I have just had a call with "my" technician and he has confirmed nothing is wrong but the right scoop/ u-turn is just making a lot of noise when operating. We have checked the playfield, switches, coils etc. couldn't find anything and in the end we had both our games running at each end of the telephone and I could hear his game making the same noise mine was doing.
So, thank you, but sorry for the confusion, the issue was in my side. I just don't know yet all the sounds my new game is making!

Read my post above mate, your up/down scoop should not be buzzing loud enough to hear it clearly with the glass on during gameplay.

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The coil that energises to bring the up/down scoop in the down position has a plunger and sleeve on it, if that is not making it all the way down to the coil stop and there is play in it once energised you will get that loud buzz from the scoop.
I had the same issue with my scoop buzzing really loud to the point it was noticeable with the glass on, compared to my friends game where his is almost silent.
Mine wasn’t reaching the coil stop and had play it in, adjusting it got rid of the buzz.

Thanks dude, I’ll take a look and see how I can adjust it. Mine is definitely loud and I can hear it even when wearing headphones

#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wiz mod do the best after market art blades for Mando imo, the stern ones are great though for consistency of the art style.

It's all about personal preference with the blades, and my personal preference... Mirror blades. I really like how they brighten up a game and give the illusion that this world under glass has no borders.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Occasionally but not much. Must be traveling too fast to fully compress it. Doesn't happen often at all. Not worth trying to bend the switch wire (for me) but you can carefully try.

I finally "Blew up the game" (for me last night) at about 450,000. This game reminds me of TWD in that I'll have 5 crap games than a great one. Keeps you on your toes. This is no Spider-Man. There's a lot to do here.

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Read my post above mate, your up/down scoop should not be buzzing loud enough to hear it clearly with the glass on during gameplay.

Thank you. This was my expectation, too. but we have check the hardware, the coil is moving fine, nothing seems to be loose. but I will have a second look, since the noise is REALLY annoying...

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

Thank you. This was my expectation, too. but we have check the hardware, the coil is moving fine, nothing seems to be loose. but I will have a second look, since the noise is REALLY annoying...

I have also been wondering about this; mine is audible (I usually play without headphones, volume at ~7 on upgraded 5.25" speakers) and I can definitely tell when the scoop is down from the low humming. I haven't taken the time to lift the playfield and do any testing on it yet though. It's odd that something like the scoop would continually hum when other sustained solenoids (like the diverters, magnet) don't.

EDIT: Unrelated, I had my best game so far last night (~411M, so still not great). Once you start getting and using beskar (buying Heal, especially) the game really opens up. Starting to strategize mission/encounter/flamethrower stacking, etc. The challenge is definitely there for me, but it continues to be really rewarding to play.

I also dropped the beskar on the "Random" award and finally got Dank Farrik multiball going in that game-- pretty great stuff!

#4120 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

It's all about personal preference with the blades, and my personal preference... Mirror blades. I really like how they brighten up a game and give the illusion that this world under glass has no borders.

Def, though I think the LEs blades for mando are the sweetest blades out there… to bad the regular folk model is so different

#4121 2 years ago

Got so close to finally setting up my Mando last night. Reached the final item on my checklist: install Cliffy’s ramp protectors. And then I realized I don’t have a wrench small enough to fit in the space around the lock nuts on the ramp.

Now I’m waiting for Amazon to deliver a super thin wrench set today.

This is the delay…

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Got so close to finally setting up my Mando last night. Reached the final item on my checklist: install Cliffy’s ramp protectors. And then I realized I don’t have a wrench small enough to fit in the space around the lock nuts on the ramp.
This is the delay…

Remove the razorcrest and you should be able to get right in mate. Left ramp also lifts up pretty easy too if your struggling.

#4123 2 years ago

My scoop diverter is loud as well and I just figured it was normal. Interesting that so many of us are seeing that.

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

This is the delay…

I have a 1/22 build that has ramp protectors from factory on both ramps, are these not doing the job?

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:I have a 1/22 build that has ramp protectors from factory on both ramps, are these not doing the job?

Apparently not. I was told that the break can happen up beyond the factory protectors. I put on Cliffy's and they are definitely longer and nicer.

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Apparently not. I was told that the break can happen up beyond the factory protectors. I put on Cliffy's and they are definitely longer and nicer.

Correct, the break happens right where the factory protector ends.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ok good to know

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Correct, the break happens right where the factory protector ends.

Yep. Those are the same “protectors” they have been using since day one. They aren’t sufficient. Eventually your ramp will crack.

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Remove the razorcrest and you should be able to get right in mate. Left ramp also lifts up pretty easy too if your struggling.

You don’t even need to remove it. Remove one of the two screws and it will rotate enough to get out of your way for the right side of the ramp.

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

You don’t even need to remove it. Remove one of the two screws and it will rotate enough to get out of your way for the right side of the ramp.

I prefer removing it after my mate snapped off one of the gold guns at the front of his by accidentally catching it with his hand, those things snap easy I’ve seen a couple broken now.

#4131 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I prefer removing it after my mate snapped off one of the gold guns at the front of his by accidentally catching it with his hand, those things snap easy I’ve seen a couple broken now.

I kept the protector that came on the ship and put it back on any time I need to remove it.

#4132 2 years ago

Anybody having the ball fly off the metal ramp at the intersection if you hit the right scoop from the left flipper? I've had that happen a few times now.

#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Anybody having the ball fly off the metal ramp at the intersection if you hit the right scoop from the left flipper? I've had that happen a few times now.

yes, this has happend to me even so often that I have bent this rail a little down. But some caution seems appropriate, since it seems it can easily be broken. AND now the balls coming from the right rail do sometimes hit the intersection and jump of the rail SDTM. So maybe not a good advice...

#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep. Make sure metal u turn is snug to playfield (if washers on both sides) and bend the rollover switch up. That's what I did.

#4135 2 years ago

This protector may be available on the Cliffy store. I just got it from Cliff a couple days ago and wish I would’ve had it from the beginning. I would recommend so you avoid any damage to your plastic.

12C4EF44-C6B5-4FFE-81BB-0B87E76A3B59 (resized).jpeg12C4EF44-C6B5-4FFE-81BB-0B87E76A3B59 (resized).jpegCAA8452D-D885-4E07-AF8A-4FD81E1FB09D (resized).jpegCAA8452D-D885-4E07-AF8A-4FD81E1FB09D (resized).jpeg
#4136 2 years ago

If anyone else is having this issue shoot Cliffy an email. Maybe he will come up with a solution for us.

Screenshot_20220218-145622_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220218-145622_Email (resized).jpg
#4137 2 years ago

You can also adjust the diverter and ramp to ensure they are not coming into contact with each other.

#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Same - the Stern “heads’ art is just ok, but the art and colors are a perfect match, and they look great once installed.

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So how do I go about adjusting this? It does seem like the scoop stops before the coil hits the stop. Also, The coil stop looks to have a little imperfection, maybe that’s the issue?

93354E05-24D3-4B38-8EF8-7DF0DA19E2F8 (resized).jpeg93354E05-24D3-4B38-8EF8-7DF0DA19E2F8 (resized).jpeg

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sadly I only had a giant wrench and a hex driver. The driver's circumference was too large to fit around the nut due to its proximity to the ramp wall.

But the small wrenches arrived this morning and it's all done! Waxed up the playfield and plan to let it fully cure before polishing and testing everything tomorrow.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That happened to me, but the gun didn't actually "break." The guns are molded separately and then fit into a groove lock/key style. My guess is that they're supposed to be glued in, and mine wasn't. I used a super tiny drop of Gorilla gel glue, re-inserted the gun and it's perfect now.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

This protector may be available on the Cliffy store. I just got it from Cliff a couple days ago and wish I would’ve had it from the beginning. I would recommend so you avoid any damage to your plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah damn, and I just spent a freakin' eon placing Mylar there after a gazillion attempts. I'll watch for it on his store. It'll be far more durable than Mylar.

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I kept the shipping plastic and rubber bands that protected the Razor Crest and re-install that whenever I have to handle the Razor Crest. It protects the guns very well.

#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So how do I go about adjusting this? It does seem like the scoop stops before the coil hits the stop. Also, The coil stop looks to have a little imperfection, maybe that’s the issue?
[quoted image]

Ok so it’s tricky but I adjusted it. need to loosen the black screw in the scoop with an Allen wrench, pull the coil all the way down, then tighten the screw making sure that you leave a little bit of play in the scoop when the coil is all the way down. It’s not 100% silent but I can’t hear it headphones while before it was obvious

#4145 2 years ago

Welp my right upper flipper stopped working. Doesn't work in test so must not be getting power. Hoping for a broken wire/solder joint.

Has anyone removed the upper playfield to take a look at the coil wiring?

Anyone ever have this issue?

Not something I feel like digging into at 7pm on a Friday night.

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was expecting to hear some “ this is the way” and “ I have spoken “ callouts. Don’t recall hearing any, are they in the code?

Carl Weathers tells me "This is NOT the way" very often...

...I should get better at pinball.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Welp my right upper flipper stopped working. Doesn't work in test so must not be getting power. Hoping for a broken wire/solder joint.
Has anyone removed the upper playfield to take a look at the coil wiring?
Anyone ever have this issue?
Not something I feel like digging into at 7pm on a Friday night.

it’s got to be a soldering issue

#4148 2 years ago

Anyone find the shaker a little too intense, Is there a way to make it more mild?

Never had this issue before.

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone find the shaker a little too intense, Is there a way to make it more mild?

There's a setting for the frequency of use but not shaker strength.

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you buy the shaker? Some are stronger than others

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,900 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/83?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.