Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 157.
#4001 2 years ago

So I finally lugged my Mando up the stairs this past weekend. Had to carry up the glass and playfield separately because my weak-a** arms couldn't pull the entire weight at once. Got everything up, installed the legs, then needed one final lift to push carpet sliders under the feet and threw out my back.

How much Beskar does it cost to buy a new back at the foundry?

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Joined the club today with a Premium. Also missing the ramp decal and found this loose in the machine. Anyone know where it goes?
[quoted image]

hmmmm I am missing that as well. I wonder if it’s under the playfield somewhere.

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

How much Beskar does it cost to buy a new back at the foundry?

Try your luck on the random “?” might get a new back and only cost ya 100 Beskar

Mando is heavy, I lifted a TMNT & Stranger Things recently for a mate and those two games are noticeably lighter than Mando.

#4004 2 years ago

Definitely noticed it being much heavier than my other machines as well. Must be all that Beskar.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sterns QC has gotten a lot better over the years but it’s still pretty poor for a product that can cost you up to 11k

True. This is my first NIB and I was really surprised about all the things I had to adjust before enjoying the game at 100%!
One of the most important thing to check for everyone are the screws. On my Mando Pro, 7 screws were slightly untighted to VERY untighted. The worst were the child lanes (some plastics were floating, no joke), there was also one near Boba Fett and one on the left orbit.

Then I had the top right flipper that was in wrong position (stuck in up position) lol probably happened during their testing.

Finally there was also an issue with the left leg, I couldn't insert the bolt in the hole because there was a little piece of thread that was stuck in the middle. Wasn't easy to fix but I got it at the end.

All the rest was the improvment to keep the game reliable like a lot suggested here

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow really? That’s crazy, my goodie bag has a handful of spare plastics in it, spinner stickers and some other shit, I haven’t really looked. Will give it a proper check tomorrow and let you know so you can email Stern and get the stuff your owed.

There's a replacement decal for every target and a bunch of cast of character keychain plastics. No replacement playfield plastics. In mine..

#4007 2 years ago

Mandooooo

Just ordered the side armor shaker and these blades, anyone try these?

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-mandolorian

#4008 2 years ago

I bought an LE day one. Damn this game is good. I have a Godzilla premium and it’s been sitting lately, mainly playing this an X-men! It just has a fun factor and I love the code

Just replaced my broken ramp with the replacement and I got the ramp cliffy installed. Not a hard install at all

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

I'm having this exact same issue with that plastic. I am also considering cutting it flush to the rail with a dremel.

I went ahead and cut off the tab on the lower plastic, so it is flush with the rail. The game now plays better and looks better. The left orbit flows better in both directions. I haven't seen an overhang like this on other games and actually think it was a design flaw.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I bought an LE day one. Damn this game is good. I have a Godzilla premium and it’s been sitting lately, mainly playing this an X-men! It just has a fun factor and I love the code
Just replaced my broken ramp with the replacement and I got the ramp cliffy installed. Not a hard install at all

How long did it take you to get your ramp? I ordered a replacement a couple of weeks ago and nothing so far. Also, we can't track the order# we get from Stern replacement, correct?

#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

How long did it take you to get your ramp? I ordered a replacement a couple of weeks ago and nothing so far. Also, we can't track the order# we get from Stern replacement, correct?

Mine broke almost immediately when I received it in
The summer. Probably came a month later. No tracking. I went to my distro and it just showed up.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I went ahead and cut off the tab on the lower plastic, so it is flush with the rail. The game now plays better and looks better. The left orbit flows better in both directions. I haven't seen an overhang like this on other games and actually think it was a design flaw.

Im having rejects on a left orbit shots, can you point me to where you trimmed?

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Mine broke almost immediately when I received it in March. Probably came a month later. No tracking. I went to my distro and it just showed up.

Where did it break? My game came with metal protectors at the entrance from factory

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did it break? My game came with metal protectors at the entrance from factory

Left hand side under the protector

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

All games came with metal protectors on the ramp from factory, problem is they are a little too short and don’t actually protect the part of the ramp that gets the most impact.

Upgrade to a set of Cliffys asap mate as it’s only a matter of time before that one unlucky shot cracks your ramp.

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

All games came with metal protectors on the ramp from factory, problem is they are a little too short and don’t actually protect the part of the ramp that gets the most impact.
Upgrade to a set of Cliffys asap mate as it’s only a matter of time before that one unlucky shot cracks your ramp.

Gotcha, thanks… just ordered though if anyone has an extra set laying around I’d buy it also since I think cliff is a few weeks backed up

#4017 2 years ago

Joined the club last week with a Premium (Jan 20 build date) - enjoying the game, learning the rules, adding mods... Really appreciate the tip & tricks contained in this thread, really helpful to get this game dialed in. However, does anyone know about this connector? Its labeled C2 and I found it loose behind the backboard on the mini playfield side. Looked around, can't find anywhere it would connect to. Thanks!

IMG_2193 (resized).JPGIMG_2193 (resized).JPG
#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeF:

Joined the club last week with a Premium (Jan 20 build date) - enjoying the game, learning the rules, adding mods... Really appreciate the tip & tricks contained in this thread, really helpful to get this game dialed in. However, does anyone know about this connector? Its labeled C2 and I found it loose behind the backboard on the mini playfield side. Looked around, can't find anywhere it would connect to. Thanks!
[quoted image]

This connector is not used...for now.

#4019 2 years ago

Thanks!! Makes me nervous when I see unconnected things on a just-produced machine, given the various odds & ends that have popped up here.

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

This connector is not used...for now.

Might have been the connector for the moving Razor Crest at one time. That design was scrapped for a static Razor Crest according to Brian Eddy.

#4021 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Might have been the connector for the moving Razor Crest at one time. That design was scrapped for a static Razor Crest according to Brian Eddy.

I'm agree.

#4022 2 years ago

Either that or it’s for the topper, I’m sure I spotted another loose connector the other day. Anyone with the BKsor topper in here able to confirm if it connected to anything under the playfield?

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Man… If stern could surprise and add a UV kit level upgrade for this game…

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Mandooooo
Just ordered the side armor shaker and these blades, anyone try these?
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-mandolorian

Just installed my official rifle side armor. I found it interesting that, while it uses the original bolts at both ends of the cabinet, it doesn’t use any of the original two wood screw holes and asks you to make new holes in that gorgeous cabinet art.

I opted to just attach it with the bolts and left the wood screws off. This does make the armor a little wobbly in the middle and below the flipper buttons. I cut strips of sorbothane to wedge in these spots, which filled in the gaps and absorbed most of the hollow metal noise.

#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Man… If stern could surprise and add a UV kit level upgrade for this game…

The moment I heard that Eddy originally designed a moving Razrocrest, my first thought was “future official Stern mod incoming.”

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Just installed my official rifle side armor. I found it interesting that, while it uses the original bolts at both ends of the cabinet, it doesn’t use any of the original two wood screw holes and asks you to make new holes in that gorgeous cabinet art.
I opted to just attach it with the bolts and left the wood screws off. This does make the armor a little wobbly in the middle and below the flipper buttons. I cut strips of sorbothane to wedge in these spots, which filled in the gaps and absorbed most of the hollow metal noise.

I have the Stern side armor, and went ahead and attached them with all the screws and bolts. My thinking was I'm never taking them off so go for it. I will have to replace the right side cabinet decal, because of shipping damage, but the the same things goes. I'll never take them off. I will say it hurt my sole to drill those screws into the new art.

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Interesting, maybe I can bend them a little so they sit flush. Definitely not drilling the holes, I never drill the holes near flippers when installing armor anyway

#4028 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I originally only put the end bolts on too, but then I figured since I'll never take the side armor off I might as well put those screws in, and it looks a little better without those empty screw holes.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Either that or it’s for the topper, I’m sure I spotted another loose connector the other day. Anyone with the BKsor topper in here able to confirm if it connected to anything under the playfield?

I have a BKSOR premium w/topper.. Only connectors are power and Node.. both into the backbox

#4030 2 years ago

Thanks to the posts about fixing the left orbit SDTM issue. It wasn't a problem the first several games, but got really bad yesterday, so I guess the guide moved. Not surprising since I had a few loose screws, including at the entrance gate to the upper playfield which flew off mid-game. After that I checked everything.

I did have a bad switch (59) on the upper playfield exit that I had to replace. It almost never registered, even when manually testing it, and when I pulled it out to check things it didn't have that distinctive click when pushed. For now I replaced it with a slightly modified rollover switch.

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks for following up, I will do the same. It makes no sense for it to be there and I hit it 50% of the time. You can't see it that part of the plastic in any case.

#4032 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Thanks for following up, I will do the same. It makes no sense for it to be there and I hit it 50% of the time. You can't see it that part of the plastic in any case.

Pic plez?

#4033 2 years ago

Here you go, and yes it happened before I installed the hover pod mod.

005 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG
#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Here you go, and yes it happened before I installed the hover pod mod.[quoted image]

Here is my after picture. Just cut it off even with the rail. Needs a little sanding and smoothing but fine for now.

20220215_095923 (resized).jpg20220215_095923 (resized).jpg
#4035 2 years ago

Is it hitting that plastic on shots up the orbit? Or when it’s coming round the orbit/out of the centre ramp return into the orbit?

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it hitting that plastic on shots up the orbit? Or when it’s coming round the orbit/out of the centre ramp return into the orbit?

Pretty sure that's the part that's getting hit by balls coming off the center ramp...

#4037 2 years ago

Adjust the plastic or use a spacer. It's on there to protect the ball from hitting the bottom of the flasher, possibly shorting the node board.

#4038 2 years ago

For me it's every ball that drops off the upper ramp and many shots from the flippers.

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Adjust the plastic or use a spacer. It's on there to protect the ball from hitting the bottom of the flasher, possibly shorting the node board.

I'm working on my NIB this week and was thinking about doing exactly this. I'll try it out and see how it goes. I'm thinking a washer under the plastic and black screw, then some sorbothane under the rest of the plastic leading to that spot.

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

For me it's every ball that drops off the upper ramp and many shots from the flippers.

Have you adjusted your centre ramp feed into the orbit? It’s been posted a few times in this thread Dan but for some reason we have no key posts in here.

I came up with the fix ages back and it works that good I took off the cheap clear plastic that stops the ball hang up, no issues at all my end.

#4041 2 years ago

While I have my game in bits again “curse you grogu!!” I noticed my main ramp where it connects to the second part of the ramp behind the back board looks like it was cut by a blind man during an earthquake.

Anyone else’s look this bad?

8440629C-4589-456E-BC16-27B2B95056FA (resized).jpeg8440629C-4589-456E-BC16-27B2B95056FA (resized).jpeg
#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While I have my game in bits again “curse you grogu!!” I noticed my main ramp where it connects to the second part of the ramp behind the back board looks like it was cut by a blind man during an earthquake.
[quoted image]

I believe mine looks the same as yours. I noticed this as well and thought it was broke or cracked but I think that its just how its manufactured. I can let you know for sure when I'm around my machine.

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Mine looks the same, apparently that is how they are made, distro said his is also like that.

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

My LE looks exactly like that. So I guess they were all made that way.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Yes, the blind man did a very constant job!

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'll take a look at that an possible add something to protect the terminals on the flasher. Thanks for the suggestion.

#4047 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies people, its good to know everyone’s ramps are the same and mines not the only one cut by Ray Charles

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok so In switch test the scoop opto registers as right ramp exit and the right ramp registers as scoop exit. So I’m guessing they were installed incorrectly. Problem is that there is nothing labeled scoop exit in the bottom of the playfield. The connector that I marked in green is labeled right ramp Exit, I’m guessing I should switch it with the connector I labeled in red?
[quoted image]

Late to the party on this one, but this exact same hookup mishap happened on mine, and I was in the first batch of Premiums in the summer. However, the wires were labeled just fine so I just swapped the connectors and all was good.

I didn't notice they were hooked up wrong until the Challenge Mode was added in an update after a few months and I couldn't clear the right ramp no matter how many times I hit it, even though a noise was being made!

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Late to the party on this one, but this exact same hookup mishap happened on mine, and I was in the first batch of Premiums in the summer. However, the wires were labeled just fine so I just swapped the connectors and all was good.
I didn't notice they were hooked up wrong until the Challenge Mode was added in an update after a few months and I couldn't clear the right ramp no matter how many times I hit it, even though a noise was being made!

I had this on my LE also.

#4050 2 years ago

Just got my Mando Premium. Played about 20 games and then this happened... Easy quick fix ? Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0932 (resized).JPGIMG_0932 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/81?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.