Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 157.
#3851 2 years ago

I’m probably still in the honeymoon phase but this game is damn fun. I find it plays hard but not frustrating, at least not yet. Usually I can tell a split second before I drain and have a chance to react, I just don’t always do so in the best way. I had a TMNT for a bit where it would drain before my brain could even process the ball was headed to a bad spot. Shots don’t feel too tight. I still don’t fully understand item usage but I haven’t really researched it either. Overall very impressed so far.

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

My Mando doesn't have one...[quoted image]

Going back through my photos, I first took a picture of it on Godzilla - so when GZ Pro shipped in October 2021 should be when it started

#3853 2 years ago

Your right Flynn those shooter decals began with Godzilla.

Maybe something that’s coming now with all IC games moving forward?

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m probably still in the honeymoon phase but this game is damn fun. I find it plays hard but not frustrating, at least not yet. Usually I can tell a split second before I drain and have a chance to react, I just don’t always do so in the best way. I had a TMNT for a bit where it would drain before my brain could even process the ball was headed to a bad spot. Shots don’t feel too tight. I still don’t fully understand item usage but I haven’t really researched it either. Overall very impressed so far.

Sometimes it frustrates me (I left the outlanes alone) but it's fun as hell. I want to play over and over. Last new Stern that did that to me was TMNT, but like you said, it's crazy fast.

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It came on my Mando made 12/30/21.

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Got it. So early runs didn’t get it. I still like the custom one from HOOKED better anyhow…
CB426828-C4BE-4786-A31A-DE06B737801F (resized).jpegCB426828-C4BE-4786-A31A-DE06B737801F (resized).jpeg

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

It came on my Mando made 12/30/21.

If you remove the stern decal on the shooter housing there will be two holes. These are holes for the lighted shooter rods like JP. Rather than have two shooter housings they just use the one with holes and cover it with a sticker if lights aren’t needed. I powdered my B66 housing and you can see the holes that were under the Stern sticker I removed. The stern decal covers the whole face of the shooter.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If you remove the stern decal on the shooter housing there will be two holes. These are holes for the lighted shooter rods like JP. Rather than have two shooter housings they just use the one with holes and cover it with a sticker if lights aren’t needed. I powdered my B66 housing and you can see the holes that were under the Stern sticker I removed. The stern decal covers the whole face of the shooter.
[quoted image]

Clever. Surprised they didn't do that sooner, but I guess the lit shooter knob has only been a thing for a short time now.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Clever. Surprised they didn't do that sooner, but I guess the lit shooter knob has only been a thing for a short time now.

Shooter rods have only been lit recently, but the Child gets lit nearly every single game...

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Speaking of Titans, anybody care to change my mind on just getting a standard black set? Considered the gray but thought that would show dirt a little bit more and potentially drive me crazy.

I usually don't like black rubbers and change them out immediately, but this game looks the best with black IMO.

#3861 2 years ago

Do not use clamps. Do not truck from this side. This is the way.

IMG-3129 (resized).jpgIMG-3129 (resized).jpg
#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

[quoted image]

Makes sense if they had the new shooter rod assembly and wanted to unify on it. Thx for sharing.

#3863 2 years ago

I wonder how this would look as a topper?

872A7F1F-4880-4FD7-8D41-071EAFC727E5 (resized).jpeg872A7F1F-4880-4FD7-8D41-071EAFC727E5 (resized).jpeg
#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I wonder how this would look as a topper?
[quoted image]

Making a home-brew topper is such a pain, but I was wondering how that Hasbro Pulse Razorcrest would do.

#3865 2 years ago

I finally got a premium on Tuesday after waiting since May. I had a Pinwoofer GT ready to be installed, but I put a couple dozen games on it with the stock speakers first. I didn't adjust any settings, but the sound was very hollow with the stock speakers. The Pinwoofer install took about 20 minutes and couldn't have been easier with the included speaker brackets, wiring harness, and power/audio boards that piggyback on the stern connectors in the backbox. I used the recommended amp settings from the Pinwoofer blog and it sounds great now. I'll probably make a few minor adjustments, but it is pretty close as-is. Those stock Stern speakers and sub are really, really cheap. You'd think Premiums would get something a little better than that.

I could have went the DIY route, probably with an external sub, car speakers, and an amp, but this was way easier with the benefit of using an amp and speakers that are proven to work well in a pinball machine.

#3866 2 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow with a premium, kind of just bought it on a whim. Hope I like it

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Joining the club tomorrow with a premium, kind of just bought it on a whim. Hope I like it

The outlanes are tough at first but nudge and give it a chance. It's a really good pin. Lots of fun and a challenge.

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Making a home-brew topper is such a pain, but I was wondering how that Hasbro Pulse Razorcrest would do.

I'm thinking it might be too big. Fed-ex says I should get it on Mon, we shall see.

#3869 2 years ago

How is everyone handling the left scoop kick out? I usually let it hit the left flipper and bounce to the right flipper. Then I raise the right flipper and catch it as it rolls back over to the left flipper. This works most of the time but it can still be a struggle to catch it on the right to left bounce, and sometimes I have to left flip to stop a drain and then it’s out of control. Kind of hard to explain so maybe I need to make a video.
I suppose I could try a really weak saucer eject and try a live catch on the left.

#3870 2 years ago

I'm usually not a big fan of adding an action figure to a pinball machine and calling it a mod... But this sure looks cool to me in here. Height and placement look good, when I have a chance I'll add some paint and details so he matches the series boba.

IMG_20220211_165213306 (resized).jpgIMG_20220211_165213306 (resized).jpgIMG_20220211_171314323 (resized).jpgIMG_20220211_171314323 (resized).jpg
#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did you get your premium at pal? Congrats!

Thanks.

#3872 2 years ago

Finally got the call today from FedEx to go pick up my Premium! Thank you Project Pinball!

DDF727BC-2899-4761-A8BC-7C35A18FD9A1 (resized).jpegDDF727BC-2899-4761-A8BC-7C35A18FD9A1 (resized).jpeg
#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Where did you get your premium at pal? Congrats!
Thanks.

some dude on pinside selling one NIB

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Finally got the call today from FedEx to go pick up my Premium! Thank you Project Pinball!
[quoted image]

Whoa!! That is the best way to get a machine!! Congrats!!

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

How is everyone handling the left scoop kick out? I usually let it hit the left flipper and bounce to the right flipper. Then I raise the right flipper and catch it as it rolls back over to the left flipper. This works most of the time but it can still be a struggle to catch it on the right to left bounce, and sometimes I have to left flip to stop a drain and then it’s out of control. Kind of hard to explain so maybe I need to make a video.
I suppose I could try a really weak saucer eject and try a live catch on the left.

I turned down the scoop so I can catch the ball with the left flipper. I can now repeatedly sink the scoop, catch it, sink again. Very easy shot.

Backhanding all the shots, except for the orbit, is pretty reliable. The razor crest is easy enough from either flipper, backhand or forehand.

I can’t repeatedly loop the razorcrest. I feel like that should be doable. I opened the left of the orbit as far as possible, maybe I need to move it back so it lands on a better spot on the flipper.

Making any shots forehanded gives me trouble, except for razorcrest.

I wonder if I should droop the flippers a little to help make the orbit shot, it’s a tough one.

Maybe it’s just my game, but has anyone noticed the mando drawing between the flippers has great “landmarks” for when to flip to hit some shots?
The tip of his gun on the left and the dangley bit (his boot?) below his knee on the right will get you the razor crest every time and if you flip when the ball is at the gap between his glove and gauntlet armor on the left you will hit the ramp.

#3876 2 years ago

You can repeat loop the razorcrest, it’s not easy as that loop and return is pretty quick so timing has to be on point I’ve done it a few times during the hurry up hit it 3 or 4 times in a row, feels great when you pull it off.

#3877 2 years ago

Code bug: v1.02 premium Xaqery

Ball 3: plunged the ball with one more shot left to get multi ball. I hit the Razorcrest shot first thing and got the multi ball. The gate did not stop the ball and plunged the remaining 2 balls. While I was in multi ball, the super skill shot was still active and I managed to hit the right scoop the get the reward.
While I kept playing in multi ball I managed to also start a mission. This should never happen. First time this has ever happened to me. Figured this should be brought to Dwight’s attention.
BTW this all happened within a matter of 10 to 15 seconds so I’m sure I missed something.
Also, this isn’t the first time I’ve had the multi ball gate not hold the ball.

Love the action in this game!

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Ball 3: plunged the ball with one more shot left to get multi ball. I hit the Razorcrest shot first thing and got the multi ball. The gate did not stop the ball and plunged the remaining 2 balls. While I was in multi ball, the super skill shot was still active and I managed to hit the right scoop the get the reward.
While I kept playing in multi ball I managed to also start a mission. This should never happen. First time this has ever happened to me. Figured this should be brought to Dwight’s attention.
BTW this all happened within a matter of 10 to 15 seconds so I’m sure I missed something.

Make sure you also drop an email to [email protected]

#3879 2 years ago

IM thinking of a playfield protector for my Premium. For the guys who have installed one on theirs, where did you order it from. I'm thinking of Cointaker, but I have heard they roll theirs. I have order from Playfield Protectors direct before, and they send theirs flat. V/R

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

IM thinking of a playfield protector for my Premium. For the guys who have installed one on theirs, where did you order it from. I'm thinking of Cointaker, but I have heard they roll theirs. I have order from Playfield Protectors direct before, and they send theirs flat. V/R

You really don’t need one in home use. Aslong as you keep your balls in good shape replace them if they get any dings on them, clean your playfield and wax it your good to go.

I’ve got 600 games on my LE I use cliffys on my shooter lane with pu parts clear shooter lane protectors along with turning down the eject power, scoop protector and mini playfield protector and my playfield is perfect. Save yourself the couple hundred bucks.

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Mando was my first NIB game, I've had it since August with around 3,000 plays on it now. I wish I had put a playfield protector on it right out of the gate. I posted this picture last night but here it is again zoomed and highlighted, look at the circled area. The entire play field is riddled with pits and now it's starting to show signs of planking. It's okay though, Stern says after 20,000 plays or so it will all seem pretty smooth, hardly noticeable.imo installing a playfield protector would definitely be worth the effort and time.

IMG_20220211_171314323~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220211_171314323~2 (resized).jpg
#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Mando was my first NIB game, I've had it since August with around 3,000 plays on it now. I wish I had put a playfield protector on it right out of the gate. I posted this picture last night but here it is again zoomed and highlighted, look at the circled area. The entire play field is riddled with pits and now it's starting to show signs of planking. It's okay though, Stern says after 20,000 plays or so it will all seem pretty smooth, hardly noticeable.imo installing a playfield protector would definitely be worth the effort and time.
[quoted image]

I’m not sure a protector would mitigate planking. That’s likely due to humidity/temperature fluctuations that caused the wood grain to expand.

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I’m not sure a protector would mitigate planking. That’s likely due to humidity/temperature fluctuations that caused the wood grain to expand.

You're correct about the planking, a playfield protector won't do anything to solve that issue. I was just pointing it out in the picture, as it breaks my heart that my precious snowflake is deteriorating before my eyes. Still absolutely love this game though.

#3884 2 years ago

Playfield protectors don’t protect against the dimples either, they reduce them yeah as it’s another layer between the ball and the playfield but check out games like Stranger Things even with playfield protectors it’s still dimpled due to alot of airballs off that demo ramp.

I’m super OCD but I can live with dimples it’s part of modern pinball. Wear now that’s something I try to protect against as much as possible.

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You can repeat loop the razorcrest, it’s not easy as that loop and return is pretty quick so timing has to be on point I’ve done it a few times during the hurry up hit it 3 or 4 times in a row, feels great when you pull it off.

Twice is the most I’ve managed.
Where does the ball hit your flipper after if exits the left orbit?
Maybe I need to adjust the exit.

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I have noticed the gate not holding for ice spider multiball in version 1.01 Pro.

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

[quoted image]

That looks pretty normal. My only 2 NIB Sterns look the same. You can see those lines and dimples. Just the way it is. Can't really see/notice while playing though. So long as the art doesn't fall off...lol

#3888 2 years ago

FYI the insider connected versions include the regular apron card in the goodie bag

F5A76CA7-8A10-4810-B500-C6E6AC43DC6B (resized).jpegF5A76CA7-8A10-4810-B500-C6E6AC43DC6B (resized).jpeg
#3889 2 years ago

They should include the plastic for people who want to take out the insider connect also.

#3890 2 years ago

I noticed that my Premium didn't have extra sling shot plastics

#3891 2 years ago

Anyone else seen the Cobb Vanth mode? Swear I saw that as I looked up at the screen, looked like a chase on a scanner, don’t think I’ve seen that before.

#3892 2 years ago

Are these screws missing on your game? They don’t seem to be needed

862EE20E-D3A1-4723-9E56-9578517F3379 (resized).jpeg862EE20E-D3A1-4723-9E56-9578517F3379 (resized).jpeg
#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are these screws missing on your game? They don’t seem to be needed
[quoted image]

I have a black screw in the area you mark with the upper circle

#3894 2 years ago

I had a play field protector on a GOTG and hated it. It played different. Awful.

#3895 2 years ago

I have them on my Tron Pro, and Avatar Pro. To me they both play pretty much the same. I order them both direct from Playfield protectors, and they came flat. I had heard that cointaker rolls them, so was asking if anyone had recently ordered from them. I took the chance and order one for Mando from them just now so I guess Ill see.

#3896 2 years ago

Opto not recognizing ball is in there... fails on switch test also.
Check cables underneath playfield, all connected. Has power. Anyone else seen/had this issue??

IMG_9122 (resized).jpgIMG_9122 (resized).jpgIMG_9121 (resized).jpgIMG_9121 (resized).jpg
#3897 2 years ago

Could be a flakey opto, it happens from time to time. Try swapping the opto boards with another set you know work, you should be able to disconnect them under the playfield saving you having to desolder and solder.

#3898 2 years ago

I have a new Mando premium with insider connected (IC) light issue.

The white box of IC lights briefly with opening and closing of coin door, or with just pulling or pushing in of white power lock on left side just inside door, can't find any obvious loose connections. My Godzilla premium IC white box illuminates all the time with no issues.

Anyone else have issue or ideas for fix??

Thanks!!

#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I have a new Mando premium with insider connected (IC) light issue.
The white box of IC lights briefly with opening and closing of coin door, or with just pulling or pushing in of white power lock on left side just inside door, can't find any obvious loose connections. My Godzilla premium IC white box illuminates all the time with no issues.
Anyone else have issue or ideas for fix??
Thanks!!

Mine dose the same.
The code for IC isn't enabled yet. Stern is still waiting for the License to be able to get it up. When they do there will be a code update.

#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could be a flakey opto, it happens from time to time. Try swapping the opto boards with another set you know work, you should be able to disconnect them under the playfield saving you having to desolder and solder.

My right ramp exit opto went through periods of time where it wouldn’t register. Other times it would. Reported to Stern and they sent me a new set. It did take 3 weeks to get it shipped so I ordered a set from cointaker because I am impatient and the set was like 20 bucks.

After replacing the optos, all was fine. Definitely replace the opto.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
11,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/78?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.