IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 156.
#3651 2 years ago

I had a white diamond shape on the back wall of playfield. Since new I thought it was the art, while cleaning today I looked closer and it's a piece of art. Adhesive is on the art side, assuming it went under a clear plastic. -02 on the decal. Amy ideas on where it is supposed to be? I looked over a bunch of playfield images but I don't see it. Pro model.

20220201_192515 (resized).jpg20220201_192515 (resized).jpg20220201_192538 (resized).jpg20220201_192538 (resized).jpg
#3652 2 years ago

Just picked up an ultra low play LE. Let's do this.

#3653 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I had a white diamond shape on the back wall of playfield. Since new I thought it was the art, while cleaning today I looked closer and it's a piece of art. Adhesive is on the art side, assuming it went under a clear plastic. -02 on the decal. Amy ideas on where it is supposed to be? I looked over a bunch of playfield images but I don't see it. Pro model.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Goes on the underside of the right ramp just above the metal flap.

#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Goes on the underside of the right ramp just above the metal flap.

Thank you

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Mine did the same thing, a wire came off the coil I took the upper playfield off to re-solder it.
Super easy, I took the right ramp off for ease of access.

Yup. It was the same thing with mine. When reassembling, I tried to route the wires to minimize any stress put on the solder points when the playfield moves.

If anyone needs to remove the upper playfield. It's not too bad. I took the left ramp return off. It's the one that goes behind the back board and runs down the right side of the cabinet. But if I have to do it again I'll probably leave the ramp return on.

#3656 2 years ago

I should be getting a premium in the next few weeks and excited to join the club! Are the latest runs still seeing the same high shooter lane wear as the early builds? Is turning down trough eject to ~150 enough or is a shooter lane protector a must still?

#3657 2 years ago

Early impressions....

This plays tough. The slings give you a big fu and send balls down the outlanes. Power down to 20 but still tough.
Will probably move the posts to lowest position.

Super skill shot is awesome IMO. Ambush is also very cool.

Cut scenes play a little too long (I know you can skip).

The Child mystery scene is too long. I could make a snack.

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I should be getting a premium in the next few weeks and excited to join the club! Are the latest runs still seeing the same high shooter lane wear as the early builds? Is turning down trough eject to ~150 enough or is a shooter lane protector a must still?

Unless Stern changed their default trough eject power, odds are the shooter lane wear will occur since it’s been the same on all their machines for a long time. It’s just the nature of firing a hard metal ball at less-hard-than-metal wood.

Turn the trough eject power way down and then test the eject and raise it until balls reliably eject into the shooter lane. That said, your trough will still wear over time regardless. Your best bet to reduce wear is to install cliffys or at least apply Mylar.

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:Early impressions....
This plays tough. The slings give you a big fu and send balls down the outlanes. Power down to 20 but still tough.

I was getting destroyed by this game and finally decided to lower the outlane posts… worth it!

#3660 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I would expect that given the designer's history. Stranger Things plays much the same way. Work on your nudging! It goes a long way in wrestling control of the ball once you get a feel for it.

Quoted from Xelz:

Unless Stern changed their default trough eject power, odds are the shooter lane wear will occur since it’s been the same on all their machines for a long time. It’s just the nature of firing a hard metal ball at less-hard-than-metal wood.

Turn the trough eject power way down and then test the eject and raise it until balls reliably eject into the shooter lane. That said, your trough will still wear over time regardless. Your best bet to reduce wear is to install cliffys or at least apply Mylar.

I always lower my trough eject a lot. I guess I was more asking if a protector is still a must have and if so, what the best solution has been found to be.

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I would expect that given the designer's history. Stranger Things plays much the same way. Work on your nudging! It goes a long way in wrestling control of the ball once you get a feel for it.

I always lower my trough eject a lot. I guess I was more asking if a protector is still a must have and if so, what the best solution has been found to be.

Technically the full plastic trough protectors give the most protection. But if you don’t want to completely cover up the trough with plastic, then cliffys are your next best option and look great IMO.

Lowering the eject power will greatly reduce/slow playfield damage, but it’ll still show signs of wear over time. Cliffys or Mylar will further reduce/slow that wear.

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Yes, lane wear, and no. Turn the eject down and put a Cliffy on it ASAP.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I'm decent at it, but the kids/wife aren't! Trying to find the proper playability.

#3664 2 years ago

what is the super skill shot on mando?

#3665 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what is the super skill shot on mando?

http://tiltforums.com/t/the-mandalorian-rulesheet/7056#heading--skillshots

It's pretty satisfying, and also pretty forgiving in terms of the time it allows you to complete it. Here's the section from tiltforums:

Super Skill Shot:
Super Skill Shots can be rather risky, but can reward equipment or other awards if you can make them consistently. The left flipper must be held before a shot to the U-Turn is made, followed by a right ramp shot and then one of three final shots within 5 seconds per shot. Each final shot gives a different award:
Left scoop - Immediately start a Mission. If Missions are already lit, then one use of Whistling Birds is awarded. (see Foundry section)
Left ramp - Immediately starts an Encounter. If Encounters are already lit, then one use of Rising Phoenix (Pro) / Jet Pack (Prem / LE) is awarded. (see Foundry section)
Center ramp - Immediately starts one of the three Razor Crest Multiball modes or a Razor Crest Hurry-Up depending on what feature will be started next. If the feature was already lit, then one use of Amban Rifle is awarded. (see Foundry section)

#3666 2 years ago

thanks for that description

#3667 2 years ago

Regarding the super skill shot. When you shoot center ramp for Razor Crest reward and multiball is awarded I have noticed it will not hold the ball for multiball intro on spider multiball. It will hold the ball for multiball intro of tie fighter multiball. Pirates, not sure. Kinda weird behavior. Anyone else notice?

#3668 2 years ago

Skill shot is broken now that they disabled the post. There should be a short plunge skill shot now.

#3669 2 years ago

Wonder if this would work with a "Ultimate Hologram Pinball Topper" from lightedpinballmods.com??

Quoted from torpedo2k:

Booting Mando Pro with an External Monitor hooked up on the HDMI port.
Not sure if this has been posted before.
I booted up my Mando Pro with an external monitor hooked up to the HDMI port. Its a different video output all together. Its in reverse. Maybe video for a topper?
Since I cant post video here, here is a link to the video on Google Photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dS4MzQcHEaBfaU3d9
I booted it up, hit the flipper a few times then launched a short game.[quoted image]

#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Wonder if this would work with a "Ultimate Hologram Pinball Topper" from lightedpinballmods.com??

No idea. Probably a lot of hurdles. Plus Stern could change it with a code update. Makes for interesting ideas though.

#3671 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a Stern Mandalorian banner? Letting mine go to fund a few mods. Shoot me a msg!

#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Never had a NIB before so don't have any knowledge for warranty.

There is very little shown to you in your insider account regarding your machine.

For example my godzilla within insider connected and registered shows :

GodzillaID <gameid/internal serial>
Registration Completed on xxx xx, 2022

The address it is registered to.

No warranty info as such but you might be able to just based it off the registration date I suppose.

#3673 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Don’t spoil the look of your Mando with that, Mando topper is supposed to be sterns most ambitious topper, it will likely be their most ambitious price wise too unfortunately.

#3674 2 years ago

Can someone with a pro verify this ball guide orientation. This is how it was installed at the factory. I feel it should be rotated 180 degrees. I was having alot if balls trapped on that ledge, also horseshoe shot not registering consistently.

Noticed some wear at horseshoe ball guide ass well so I added nylon washers and mylar under guide.

20220203_124359 (resized).jpg20220203_124359 (resized).jpg

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I feel it should be rotated 180 degrees

You are correct, it is installed wrong. It should match up with the black playfield art.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3676 2 years ago

Duplicate

#3677 2 years ago

Am I correct that setting speach to -20 or more will get the call out to be more hearable?

#3678 2 years ago

Getting ready to remove the upper playfield to replace the coil stops and sleeves and noticed a screw in the bottom of the cabinet. It fell out of the board attached to the motor that moves the upper playfield. Just an FYI for anyone if they see a random screw in their cabinet.
I had to turn the machine on and let the upper playfield get parallel to the bottom and then instantly turn it off. This position gives me access to install the screw. See attached pictures for reference.
The screw is all chewed up and threads are stripped. Which leads me to believe that it wasn’t installed securely from the factory or it just eventually works it’s way loose.

0E6202FD-5673-48D4-B90E-30E6666EB6BE (resized).jpeg0E6202FD-5673-48D4-B90E-30E6666EB6BE (resized).jpeg389B4E66-11A7-4480-B2EE-249D37A5295D (resized).jpeg389B4E66-11A7-4480-B2EE-249D37A5295D (resized).jpegF15649C1-2A15-48E3-B4B2-7ACE845006DD (resized).jpegF15649C1-2A15-48E3-B4B2-7ACE845006DD (resized).jpeg
#3679 2 years ago

Upper playfield removal question:
Will removing the circled screw (picture attached) give me enough wiggle room to pull the playfield out?
I have detached the molex clips and rotating arm below.

0D49250F-8ADB-4903-97AF-4C62F0F03E97 (resized).jpeg0D49250F-8ADB-4903-97AF-4C62F0F03E97 (resized).jpeg
#3680 2 years ago

Success!
Very nerve racking for me managed to get out. The screws in the previous post were the correct one to loosen. No need to unscrew them fully.
Now time for some cleaning and maintenance!

0B076C18-3F3C-4A4D-B687-F67174A19AB7 (resized).jpeg0B076C18-3F3C-4A4D-B687-F67174A19AB7 (resized).jpegD2C3CF16-9B07-4FDC-B725-8EBC0AFFA38F (resized).jpegD2C3CF16-9B07-4FDC-B725-8EBC0AFFA38F (resized).jpeg
#3681 2 years ago

Sorry mate I didn’t see your posts otherwise I would have replied, the upper playfield as you have discovered is pretty easy to remove, luckily Brian Eddy seems to take maintenance into consideration when designing.

#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry mate I didn’t see your posts otherwise I would have replied, the upper playfield as you have discovered is pretty easy to remove, luckily Brian Eddy seems to take maintenance into consideration when designing.

It’s all good my friend. It actually wasn’t as bad as I expected. First time I ever worked on a pinball machine and this felt like brain surgery lol. Now that I know what to do it’ll be no problem to do it again.

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One question. Should I use loctite on the screws that hold the coil stop brackets in place?

#3684 2 years ago

No loctite need.

#3685 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

One question. Should I use loctite on the screws that hold the coil stop brackets in place?

I don't think it's needed because they have the self-securing washers. I used a drop on the black maschine screws on the plastics above the mini playfield. A screw came loose and fell down... They don't have the securing washers there.

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I don't think it's needed because they have the self-securing washers. I used a drop on the black maschine screws on the plastics above the mini playfield. A screw came loose and fell down... They don't have the securing washers there.

Took it apart and noticed Stern uses loc washers.

I know what back machine screw you are talking about. Had one do that to me also.
Thanks for the help everyone!

BTW I’ve attached pictures of the lock washers used on the coil stops and pictures of my coil used stops. They seem like would still be good for quite a few more plays. No wiggle or looseness in them at all. I have around 850 plays on my machine for reference.
I have not taken apart the main playfield coils stops yet. These are upper playfield referenced.

1FAB77A6-2973-4CD5-87EA-07DC53DB0CCD (resized).jpeg1FAB77A6-2973-4CD5-87EA-07DC53DB0CCD (resized).jpeg20F439C7-3000-4D97-BA80-E26EC02086A3 (resized).jpeg20F439C7-3000-4D97-BA80-E26EC02086A3 (resized).jpeg5F8FA47C-097D-4E68-8DA5-E89AB204FC5F (resized).jpeg5F8FA47C-097D-4E68-8DA5-E89AB204FC5F (resized).jpegD61D08EB-D83E-408F-92EF-A90BDB779875 (resized).jpegD61D08EB-D83E-408F-92EF-A90BDB779875 (resized).jpeg
#3687 2 years ago

I really love the game and don't understand the rating compared to some other newer pins. It's so mush fun like it is.

I hope the code will be polished anyway. If you stack missions with a Multiball the mission shots should all still be visible and flash in yellow.

The grogu mystery on prem/le mashines would be more fun if you could trigger the magnet a bit via action button (or flipper buttons) and try to hit the lane you wish that way. There could also be a two-ball Multiball as a mystery award from grogu. In first step the ball would be hold by the magnet, a second ball would be shot out of the shooter lane. Something that way...

Also, it would be really cool if there was an "over the top" wizard mode if you manage to finish all wizard modes. Similar to WDRTE on jurassic park.

Code could make this great game even better

#3688 2 years ago

OMG I’m addicted to this game. I can’t stop playing.

#3689 2 years ago

Any updates on potential topper?

#3690 2 years ago

Hi pinballers,
Am I the only one who think when we purchase Heal and we lose the ball (for example in the middle), the Heal should be kept for the next ball? We didn't use it so logically we should still have it..

#3691 2 years ago

Early impressions....

Still not sure why people are lowering sling power. Your gaining in one area but taking away from another... the slings gets you free hunter and boba fett hits which is extremely important for building up beskar and maintaining pfx (key to blowing the game up). The benefit of lowering slings power is arguable at best anyway as they can still send the ball out. Going for the hunter and boba fett shots equals danger so just not seeing the logic here.

#3692 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Still not sure why people are lowering sling power. Your gaining in one area but taking away from another... the slings gets you free hunter and boba fett hits which is extremely important for building up and maintaining pfx (key to blowing the game up). The benefit of lowering slings power is arguable at best anyway as they can still send the ball out. Going for the ambush and boba fett shots equals danger so just not seeing the logic here.

Hard to hit anything when the ball drains

#3693 2 years ago

#3694 2 years ago

Hard to hit anything when the ball drains

Its a pinball machine... the ball will drain with or without tweaks. May aswell chuck it on 10 ball play if that's the number one concern. But yeah I get what your saying... it can be a disheartening pin at times.

#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hi pinballers,
Am I the only one who think when we purchase Heal and we lose the ball (for example in the middle), the Heal should be kept for the next ball? We didn't use it so logically we should still have it..

Do any of the Foundry purchases carry over ball to ball?

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do any of the Foundry purchases carry over ball to ball?

Yeah many do like the flame thrower, amban rifle, armor, jet pack and whistling birds

#3697 2 years ago

Thoughts on using loctite for the screws that hold the left orbit rail in place so it guides to left flipper? Having to readjust it again. Gotta say, of the Sterns i've owned, this one requires the most tinkering and constant adjusting.

#3698 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thoughts on using loctite for the screws that hold the left orbit rail in place so it guides to left flipper? Having to readjust it again. Gotta say, of the Sterns i've owned, this one requires the most tinkering and constant adjusting.

Something has to be up with your rail or guide for it to continue to slip and need readjusting. My LE is super smooth, it flows better than it looks like it should something I love about Mando. Both orbits should lead back to the corresponding flipper on the same side.

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Can you shim something in there to hold the screw in place?

#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

You don't loctite wood screws. Usually more tension is the answer. So lock washers, etc might help. Or giving the screw more bite into the guide to prevent slipage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.