Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 157.
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My outlanes are on the lowest position, due to a mod I wanted to fit and because the outlanes where insanely greedy at 7 degrees, it’s a lot better now but it’s still a drain monster that requires some good nudging.

Do you recommend any good YouTube tutorials on proper nudging techniques?

#3602 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I find plastic razor blades to be good for stuff like this. Very effective with much lower risk of damage.
amazon.com link »

WHO FUCKING KNEW. Love you nerds. Ordering some now!

#3603 2 years ago

We doing beer/cleaning pics?

B6F783CF-0B27-4ED8-8145-33B4E00F9AAC (resized).jpegB6F783CF-0B27-4ED8-8145-33B4E00F9AAC (resized).jpeg

#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Do you recommend any good YouTube tutorials on proper nudging techniques?

Abe flips on YouTube.

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Honeymoon phase still going strong, forgive the post spam!
Art blades on! Was worried about this one but went really smooth. Hardest part was getting the playfield back in, probably should have waited for my wife to get home to have the extra hands… but you can’t play a disassembled game, can you?
Time for a “glad that’s over” beer!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Those blades look awesome. Now is probably a bad time to tell you they can be installed without removing the playfield…

#3606 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

We doing beer/cleaning pics?
[quoted image]

Beer AND pinball. Yes, sir.

#3607 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Congrats! Those blades look awesome. Now is probably a bad time to tell you they can be installed without removing the playfield…

#3608 2 years ago

Wow. My fault for not installing my Cliffy's immediately. About 10 plays. Cliffy up and turn down that eject power!

20220130_141741 (resized).jpg20220130_141741 (resized).jpg
#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from Tippyroad:

Abe flips on YouTube.

The best!
Part 1:

Part 2:

but all of his stuff is worth watching.

#3610 2 years ago

Just got a Premium with Insider Connect, but is it not operational yet?

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:I am considering getting the CLiP or Convolux plastic protectors for my Mando Pro. Can't decide between orange and red. Orange look great in some pictures but too bright in others. Can someone with either color please share their thoughts and/or photos?

Does anyone have a link to clear or red plastic protectors for the Mandalorian LE…please?

#3612 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Does anyone have a link to clear or red plastic protectors for the Mandalorian LE…please?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0213-00

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Just got a Premium with Insider Connect, but is it not operational yet?

Unfortunately, that's right. Most people thing it is pending licensor (disney) approval.

#3614 2 years ago

I spoke too soon. 100 balls in and the protector failed us in an odd way possibly taught when installed and plastic finally gave way:

IMG_4883 (resized).JPGIMG_4883 (resized).JPG

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I spoke too soon. 100 balls in and the protector failed us in an odd way possibly taught when installed and plastic finally gave way:
[quoted image]

Oh man that sucks sorry!

I'm not at home to look and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like my Cliffy protectors go up to the next higher screw on the left side of the ramp to bypass that point of failure... Could be mistaken but the ones in your picture look like they're only about half the length of the ones I installed

#3616 2 years ago

I’d have thought Stern would’ve redesigned those ramps and/or the protector by now. That’s a lot of free ramps they’ll be giving away under warranty.

#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

What kind of bulb is this? It was in the board in the back of the playfield (the 5 or 6 lights across the top). I'd like to get the exact same bulb as a replacement. What brand, brightness, color warmth (looked like maybe warm white)? I thought Stern used Comet but there are no markings on this bulb.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stern used Cointaker for a long time. I'd guess 2 SMD frosted cool white. Either way, its up under the cabinet, you don't see them directly when standing at the game. Don't sweat it and just put in the right color temp.

#3618 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This is probably Stern ownership 101 for most, but figured I would share since it was a first for me. The adjustable position outlane posts are pretty tough to move if you don’t have the right tools. It’s worth a trip to the hardware store to get a set of “deep well sockets” for the job.
Use a deep well 1/4” for the top side. Bottom side is 3/8”, but no need for a deep well socket there.

Buy a set of 'ignition wrenches' - they are basically pocket sized combination wrenches. Example: https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Tool-W30681-Ignition-Wrench/dp/B01GGV21V2/ref=asc_df_B01GGV21V2/ (not the ones I use, just example)

The 1/4" wrench is essential and works perfect for these kinds of post jobs. The reason for recommending these kinds of tools is because you frequently the posts are blocked from above and you can't get a socket on them. These pocket wrenches are used all over the place for small parts on the topside. Great thing to have in your toolbox.

#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

[quoted image]

is that the stock stern protector? The cliffy protector is longer and runs to the screw further up on the ramp. It's a mistake to use that screw if that is what Stern is using because there is no support for it, it's just plastic standoff holding it on. The screw further up has a nut on it.

#3620 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Buy a set of 'ignition wrenches' - they are basically pocket sized combination wrenches. Example: amazon.com link » (not the ones I use, just example)
The 1/4" wrench is essential and works perfect for these kinds of post jobs. The reason for recommending these kinds of tools is because you frequently the posts are blocked from above and you can't get a socket on them. These pocket wrenches are used all over the place for small parts on the topside. Great thing to have in your toolbox.

Good call! Smallest wrenches I have atm are metric and only down to 7mm, hence my decision to just get some SAE deep well sockets.

I hate the idea of backing out ~1 inch of threads using a wrench (time consuming) but definitely see where it’d sometimes be necessary. Glad the outlane posts are exposed!

#3621 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Good call! Smallest wrenches I have atm are metric and only down to 7mm, hence my decision to just get some SAE deep well sockets.
I hate the idea of backing out ~1 inch of threads using a wrench (time consuming) but definitely see where it’d sometimes be necessary. Glad the outlane posts are exposed!

back in the day, these kinds of mini-wrenches would be part of your '300pc automotive toolkit' or whatever and what I have my originals from. When I went to buy a set to put in my route bag, I found the current Craftsman sold are garbage compared to the original.. but they still are functional enough.

For instance I just used them last week to put nuts on the diverter on whirlwind.. which is INSIDE the ramp and in a vertical position. Mini-sized tools are the only option. I use them all the time for playfield posts. Usually you can screw them in by hand for those that are tight enough the thread bites, or they just push through without the threads biting. They also work great for reaching nuts that are on the UNDERSIDE of things.. like under plastics, ramps, etc.

#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

is that the stock stern protector? The cliffy protector is longer and runs to the screw further up on the ramp. It's a mistake to use that screw if that is what Stern is using because there is no support for it, it's just plastic standoff holding it on. The screw further up has a nut on it.

Yep. Stock! Bummer! I will see if they by chance have revamped the design since October and get that protector if so.

#3623 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Yep. Stock! Bummer! I will see if they by chance have revamped the design since October and get that protector if so.

Fwiw, my premium was born recently (on 1/21/22) and still has the short one.

Edit: I did replace it with the Cliffy immediately (having ordered the cliffy's back in the Fall).

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Fwiw, my premium was born recently (on 1/21/22) and still has the short one.

Yep. 12/30/21 and still the short protector. Ordered the Cliffy version right away.

#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Yep. 12/30/21 and still the short protector. Ordered the Cliffy version right away.

Do you just email cliffy for these?

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Do you just email cliffy for these?

Yes. Send him your paypal address and he will send an invoice.

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes. Send him your paypal address and he will send an invoice.

Got it! Thanks.

#3628 2 years ago

Booting Mando Pro with an External Monitor hooked up on the HDMI port.

Not sure if this has been posted before.
I booted up my Mando Pro with an external monitor hooked up to the HDMI port. Its a different video output all together. Its in reverse. Maybe video for a topper?

Since I cant post video here, here is a link to the video on Google Photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dS4MzQcHEaBfaU3d9
I booted it up, hit the flipper a few times then launched a short game.

Spike2HDMIoutput (resized).pngSpike2HDMIoutput (resized).png
#3629 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I booted up my Mando Pro with an external monitor hooked up to the HDMI port. Its a different video output all together. Its in reverse. Maybe video for a topper?
I booted it up, hit the flipper a few times then launched a short game.[quoted image]

Haha, that for sure looks like a hologram or holo-puck stylization, with the blue trails and such. Those effects aren’t active on the main display… I bet you’re right on it being used for the topper.

#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I booted it up, hit the flipper a few times then launched a short game.[quoted image]

Wow, that's definitely designed for a hologram appearance. It's not designed to be reversed, rather it's designed to be upside down (which I guess is the same thing). My guess is that it's intended for a topper that has mirrors to create the hologram illusion. This could be a very sweet topper.

Edit: Typos. Also, that's clearly Moff Gideon voicing "You have something I want."

#3631 2 years ago

So my upper left flipper started working intermittently. It seems to happens when the mini playfield is pitched up all the way. Sometimes the flipper will start working again if the playfield levels out. Also had the playfield get stuck in the most pitched position. But that could be because I couldn't flip. Sounds like a loose or pinched wire to me. Or EOS switch. Anyone take off the mini playfield yet? Is it easy to do?

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Wow, that's definitely designed for a hologram appearance. It's not designed to be reversed, rather it's designed to be upside down (which I guess is the same thing). My guess is that it's intended for a topper that has mirrors to create the hologram illusion. This could be a very sweet topper.
Edit: Typos. Also, that's clearly Moff Gideon voicing "You have something I want."

I’m intrigued.. I wonder if this hdmi output could be used for an under-glass mod or an aftermarket topper (once we see the official one). A little display similar to BM66 tucked somewhere (apron, in front of the encounter diverter where it’s just bare solenoid right now, etc) would be a nice compromise over paying $$$ for the official topper.

Hopefully they leave that HDMI output active regardless of you having an official topper, opens the door for some cool mod ideas imo.

I’ve got a 7” hdmi display from adafruit somewhere here, I might try that concept out tonight. Would have to figure out if it’s possible to reverse the image though…

#3633 2 years ago

So this is how my Premium arrived. Any other time I would have sent it right back, but with the wait times nowadays I kept it. Only issues are the right side cabinet, and head decal. JJ at game exchange is sending out both. This is my first and probably only NIB machine. It FN sucks this happened, but I am glad i went with Game exchange Denver for the purchase. I put on my Stern side armor, inside art blades, changed the rubbers out, did a couple of the washers under the ball guides, speaker, and flipper button lights, and played a few games.

20220131_135252 (resized).jpg20220131_135252 (resized).jpg20220131_135256 (resized).jpg20220131_135256 (resized).jpg20220131_135301 (resized).jpg20220131_135301 (resized).jpg20220131_141727 (resized).jpg20220131_141727 (resized).jpg20220131_141730 (resized).jpg20220131_141730 (resized).jpg
#3634 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So this is how my Premium arrived. Any other time I would have sent it right back, but with the wait times nowadays I kept it. Only issues are the right side cabinet, and head decal. JJ at game exchange is sending out both. This is my first and probably only NIB machine. It FN sucks this happened, but I am glad i went with Game exchange Denver for the purchase. I put on my Stern side armor, inside art blades, changed the rubbers out, did a couple of the washers under the ball guides, speaker, and flipper button lights, and played a few games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the machine. Damage sucks but it looks superficial. Good luck with repairs.

#3635 2 years ago

My plan at this point is to play the sh-- out of it. When the decals get here ill just put them away for later.

#3636 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

So my upper left flipper started working intermittently. It seems to happens when the mini playfield is pitched up all the way. Sometimes the flipper will start working again if the playfield levels out. Also had the playfield get stuck in the most pitched position. But that could be because I couldn't flip. Sounds like a loose or pinched wire to me. Or EOS switch. Anyone take off the mini playfield yet? Is it easy to do?

Mine did the same thing, a wire came off the coil I took the upper playfield off to re-solder it.
Super easy, I took the right ramp off for ease of access.

#3637 2 years ago

That’s basically how mine showed up - I also kept it, got the replacement decals from Stern. Plays great after dialing it in and no other issues so I’m glad I kept it. Probably won’t bother replacing the decals myself.

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Tried this out, turns out my 7” display is only 800x480, so I’m only getting a fraction of the video. Depending on the actual res of the video, there may be some suitable LCDs out there that would work for this. Combination of an lcd laid flat on the backbox (and a mirror at the right angle to flip the image and make it visible to the player) would probably make for a pretty cool, low budget topper.

Hooked up a normal 1920x1080 capable PC monitor and that seems to do the trick!

Also noteworthy, the graphics appear to be WIP; the high scores and last game scores that show when in attract mode just say “Test1” on them.
A158867E-564A-42E9-8560-060B9B37A641 (resized).jpegA158867E-564A-42E9-8560-060B9B37A641 (resized).jpegC2C47376-64B9-447D-A4FD-995379E83679 (resized).jpegC2C47376-64B9-447D-A4FD-995379E83679 (resized).jpeg

#3640 2 years ago

(Double post, oops)

#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’m intrigued.. I wonder if this hdmi output could be used for an under-glass mod or an aftermarket topper (once we see the official one). A little display similar to BM66 tucked somewhere (apron, in front of the encounter diverter where it’s just bare solenoid right now, etc) would be a nice compromise over paying $$$ for the official topper.
Hopefully they leave that HDMI output active regardless of you having an official topper, opens the door for some cool mod ideas imo.
I’ve got a 7” hdmi display from adafruit somewhere here, I might try that concept out tonight. Would have to figure out if it’s possible to reverse the image though…

If there's a cheap-ish 3D hologram fan out there with an HDMI input that would be pretty sweet. The ones I've seen just loop through stuff on a card.

#3642 2 years ago

Damn, looks like a rancor played soccer with it. My DP arrived with similar damage on the cabinet. I kept it and I’m waiting for a replacement cabinet to do a swap.

#3643 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Damn, looks like a rancor played soccer with it. My DP arrived with similar damage on the cabinet. I kept it and I’m waiting for a replacement cabinet to do a swap.

Yea, sometimes you wonder how they can manage to mess up so bad. The thing is worth 10000$ and full of be careful glass signs but they still treat it like a rugby ball.

#3644 2 years ago

Probably too much of a stretch, but I was hoping for a menu that you could select what you wanted to be the second HDMI output.
1- Topper
2- High Scores
3- Tournament Mode Display
4- Etc
It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

At this point, it would be interesting to see what other games with this board show on the output?

Quoted from JStoltz:

Tried this out, turns out my 7” display is only 800x480, so I’m only getting a fraction of the video. Depending on the actual res of the video, there may be some suitable LCDs out there that would work for this. Combination of an lcd laid flat on the backbox (and a mirror at the right angle to flip the image and make it visible to the player) would probably make for a pretty cool, low budget topper.
Hooked up a normal 1920x1080 capable PC monitor and that seems to do the trick!
Also noteworthy, the graphics appear to be WIP; the high scores and last game scores that show when in attract mode just say “Test1” on them.

#3645 2 years ago

My plan at this point is to play the sh-- out of it. When the decals get here ill just put them away for later.

Inspect your decals before putting away. Stern sent me some that got damaged.

#3646 2 years ago

Ya I was mad as hell when I saw it. The cabinet is solid, so I went with the decals.

#3647 2 years ago

So Stern is replacing my left ramp and I've emailed Cliffy to purchase better guards, but what are the chances the ramps come with the entrances already riveted? That's not something I'm not sure I can't fuck up.

#3648 2 years ago

Ya I was mad as hell when I saw it. The cabinet is solid, so I went with the decals.

Wow, I've got one coming sometime in the next few days that I hope shows up a little better shape.

It looks like a forklift was driving by and snagged it.

#3649 2 years ago

I was supposed to have one coming in a few days as well but I had to stop it because there is no way to get it to the back of my house because of the snow. This is what I was afraid of because of all the delays. My Dealer told me some are coming in March, he will give me one of those, I hope it is going to be late March, I hope they really are coming. My Wife told me we should get a snowblower, I should have listened, you know they are always right.

#3650 2 years ago

I've been putting some games on it and love the Premium over the Pro. I have a question on registration with Sten i did it first thing yesterday. Will I be able to track the warranty on insider connect? I know that they are waiting for the license for insider. Never had a NIB before so don't have any knowledge for warranty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.