Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 157.
#3551 2 years ago

My premium came with stern "cliffys", I have real cliffy's on order.

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrocow:

So I got my mando premium 3 days ago I’ve played 16 games so far and already broke the ramp to the upper pf, it was the reinforced ramp has the metal in each side . Any one else have this issue still and have a temp fix tell I get a new ramp. Working with stern now. [quoted image][quoted image]

To everyone receiving their Mandos in the coming days/weeks get cliffys on that ramp before you play a single game.

#3553 2 years ago

Mine came with stern “cliffys” and didn’t last

#3554 2 years ago

So for the Mando modders out there, if you haven't yet seen episode 5 of The book of boba Fett, it may be time to start the hunt for a Naboo Starfighter to tweek. I've said too much

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrocow:

Mine came with stern “cliffys” and didn’t last

Yeah Sterns are just too short no idea how they came up with the ones they did, if you record in slo-mo you get to see the ball hits the ramp where the stern protectors end, gotto get some “real cliffys” on this game before you plunge your first ball.

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My pro cracked in the same spot, I sent a email to stern, was told they would send out a replacement.
I am also waiting on my cliffys, so I wont install new ramp until I have those.

UPS just delivered my ramp, Stern also sent me a new set of precut mylar for ramp entrances.

#3557 2 years ago

Ahhh! Thanks ZMeny for the surprise “it’s here” email this morning!

29E71547-C5D3-4B24-BFEC-B9E52D3D37B1 (resized).jpeg29E71547-C5D3-4B24-BFEC-B9E52D3D37B1 (resized).jpegBE6871A9-8875-4A39-90AF-6DEE9F323EFC (resized).jpegBE6871A9-8875-4A39-90AF-6DEE9F323EFC (resized).jpeg
#3558 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Ahhh! Thanks ZMeny for the surprise “it’s here” email this morning![quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations mate and enjoy!

Welcome to the way of the Mandalore!

Oh and get cliffys on your ramp before you play too much.

#3559 2 years ago

Brand new, limited edition, left cabinet side decal.

$125 shipped

IMG_7253 (resized).JPGIMG_7253 (resized).JPGIMG_7256 (resized).JPGIMG_7256 (resized).JPG
#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I'm sure there are more, but I believe the big ones are:
- Lower Ball Trough Eject Power as low as it'll go while still working reliably.
- Adjust (or add a cliffy protector to) the left ramp entrance, to avoid ramp cracking.
- Add some target foam to the diverter for the upper playfield, to help avoid the ball bouncing off of the diverter and rejecting back down the left ramp.
- Make sure the ambush vertical scoop thing isn't digging into the playfield surface when it is activated.
EDIT: Two more from ChrisLIX:
- Check metal rails and adjust the height for those too close to the playfield. The ball impact is causing the rail to scratch the playfield.
- (Pro only) In the mini playfield section, Check the post that replaces the left flipper and see if it's properly installed and straight.

Looking back through the thread for the “fix these things before you play too many games” list— is this list missing anything major? Planning to knock out the above before I let myself play mine much more.

I did get some plastics protectors for then inlane guides and slings as well.

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Looking back through the thread for the “fix these things before you play too many games” list— is this list missing anything major? Planning to knock out the above before I let myself play mine much more.
I did get some plastics protectors for then inlane guides and slings as well.

Anti rattle tape on the glass.

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anti rattle tape on the glass.

Mine is just the opposite. It takes a lot of effort to slide it out. I wish it were a little more loose. I need to look at where it's binding but it seems to be all the way down.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Mine is just the opposite. It takes a lot of effort to slide it out. I wish it were a little more loose. I need to look at where it's binding but it seems to be all the way down.

Get one of these, I got mine at Lowes. Suction it on and easy glass off handling.

Suction Cup Glass Handle (resized).jpgSuction Cup Glass Handle (resized).jpg
#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Get one of these, I got mine at Lowes. Suction it on and easy glass off handling.[quoted image]

Good idea.
Thanks

#3565 2 years ago

Almost there just need a few more tweaks and the rules to be finalised.

2AF4B4BA-4FAC-4678-B7D6-541EAB9FC656 (resized).jpeg2AF4B4BA-4FAC-4678-B7D6-541EAB9FC656 (resized).jpegB9C72BAC-54F2-49C4-B585-E61810CF952A (resized).jpegB9C72BAC-54F2-49C4-B585-E61810CF952A (resized).jpegBDD5B771-E8E5-46A7-B0BA-586A71AE4D14 (resized).jpegBDD5B771-E8E5-46A7-B0BA-586A71AE4D14 (resized).jpeg
#3566 2 years ago

This is a little thing, but I was installing mods and cliffys and whatnot and actually laughed out loud at the attract mode call-out of Mando saying Grogu’s name and then laughing when he responds.

Is 6.5 degree incline the general consensus? For the best play? Did a quick search of the thread for “degrees” and only saw a few comments about it, so wanted to check.

#3567 2 years ago

Searched the thread but didn't find any matches...Anyone else getting stuck balls under the upper of on Prem/le?

After draining from upper pf sometimes it bounces up and gets stuck under the flipper mech.

PXL_20220129_024036386.MP~2.jpgPXL_20220129_024036386.MP~2.jpg
#3568 2 years ago

Had a great game tonight. Finished the mission mini wizard mode and had the other 2 lit. Ohh so close!

4650F6C2-F600-4A8B-AD71-562F9E08B8B1 (resized).jpeg4650F6C2-F600-4A8B-AD71-562F9E08B8B1 (resized).jpeg
#3569 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Almost there just need a few more tweaks and the rules to be finalised.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work these are beautiful!

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Searched the thread but didn't find any matches...Anyone else getting stuck balls under the upper of on Prem/le?
After draining from upper pf sometimes it bounces up and gets stuck under the flipper mech.
[quoted image]

Yes once in awhile. If you hit your flippers a few times it sometimes shakes it loose.

#3571 2 years ago

"It'll be delivered Monday."

"Nah...I'll see you in the morning."

Can't let something so pretty sit over the weekend! Waited 8 months! Had a good chunk of the mods ready to install so I took the couple of hours and really made it sweet before the first game. (Holy nerve-racking drilling the screws into the side art for the armor!) Still needs a couple of things, but now it's a party.

Yes that's a Mandalorian-specific rug

Usual game mods for myself on all games:
Shaker
Art Blades
Colored plastic protectors (really makes games pop)
Shooter lane protector
Topper
Shooter Rod/Plate
Underglow
Subwoofer
Any scoop lighting
Random PF Toy addition (usually just one to fill in a weak area)
Cup holder

I need to go back through the posts and see what's the friggin' deal on the Topper for this thing! Sheesh!

Also has anyone had any luck getting the "Insider Connected" sticker off the backbox? I put a fingernail to it and man does it seem stuck on there. Don't want to heat it up as the speaker grill would immediately cook.

IMG_4847x (resized).jpgIMG_4847x (resized).jpgIMG_4859x (resized).jpgIMG_4859x (resized).jpg

#3572 2 years ago

Same here.
Once I very carefully got the edge of a razor blade under the edge, it popped right off.

Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Also has anyone had any luck getting the "Insider Connected" sticker off the backbox? I put a fingernail to it and man does it seem stuck on there. Don't want to heat it up as the speaker grill would immediately cook.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Same here.
Once I very carefully got the edge of a razor blade under the edge, it popped right off.

10-4. Good to hear. Eff that thing.

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

You know the first time you have someone over to play that game after you remove that... They're going to have a seizure.

Oh yeah, didn't see coil stops on that laundry list of things you added to your machine. Do yourself a favor before they go south and swap them out with some decent ones.

#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

You know the first time you have someone over to play that game after you remove that... They're going to have a seizure.
Oh yeah, didn't see coil stops on that laundry list of things you added to your machine. Do yourself a favor before they go south and swap them out with some decent ones.

So..I've only had one so far on the outs as the flipper was getting weak. I replaced both of course, but frankly I live right down the street from Marcos so if I'm in need I just head up

#3576 2 years ago

Looks good in the lineup!

Put in cliffys, kenwood 5.25” speakers, speaker lights, shaker, collywobble’s flipper bat covers and shooter gauge plates, diddy’s stormtrooper helmets on spikes, plastic protectors, and a little foam padding at the left ramp diverter.

Having a lot of fun playing, but damn is it challenging. Lights/sound/shaker integration are all fantastic… it’s a beautiful game!

9087401B-D54A-4502-A02F-BDEE970B7C8D (resized).jpeg9087401B-D54A-4502-A02F-BDEE970B7C8D (resized).jpeg
#3577 2 years ago

Does the Premium come with a scoop protector already installed. I have a Premium coming Monday, and have been reading about the to do things once it gets here. I have the shooter lane, cliffys for the switches on the drops, plastic protectors, new rubbers, Stern side Armor, Shooter rod, side blades, and a couple other mods. I didn't get the cliffys for the ramp, or scoop.

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Does the Premium come with a scoop protector already installed. I have a Premium coming Monday, and have been reading about the to do things once it gets here. I have the shooter lane, cliffys for the switches on the drops, plastic protectors, new rubbers, Stern side Armor, Shooter rod, side blades, and a couple other mods. I didn't get the cliffys for the ramp, or scoop.

Comes with a scoop protector. You need ramp Cliffys though!

#3580 2 years ago

It looks promising. These kits are made by PU Parts.

Here are the instruction manuals for better understanding of the purpose of these kits:

Pro ramps upgrade kit:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/pu-mandalorian-ramp-upgrade-kit.pdf

Mandalorian upgrade kit:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/swtm-pu-upgrade-kit.pdf

#3581 2 years ago

I am considering getting the CLiP or Convolux plastic protectors for my Mando Pro. Can't decide between orange and red. Orange look great in some pictures but too bright in others. Can someone with either color please share their thoughts and/or photos?

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I'm sure there are more, but I believe the big ones are:
- Lower Ball Trough Eject Power as low as it'll go while still working reliably.
- Adjust (or add a cliffy protector to) the left ramp entrance, to avoid ramp cracking.
- Add some target foam to the diverter for the upper playfield, to help avoid the ball bouncing off of the diverter and rejecting back down the left ramp.
- Make sure the ambush vertical scoop thing isn't digging into the playfield surface when it is activated.
EDIT: Two more from ChrisLIX:
- Check metal rails and adjust the height for those too close to the playfield. The ball impact is causing the rail to scratch the playfield.
- (Pro only) In the mini playfield section, Check the post that replaces the left flipper and see if it's properly installed and straight.

I would like to add to this for the Prem/LE:
Make sure to tighten and possibly a bit of locktite on the helmet diverter screw that holds the metal ball entry in place. Mine popped off midgame and scratched the underside of the mini-pf cover. 90 balls played. Working with Stern now.

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Comes with a scoop protector. You need ramp Cliffys though!

And shooter lane Cliffy

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Add some target foam to the diverter for the upper playfield, to help avoid the ball bouncing off of the diverter and rejecting back down the left ramp.

I have tried to find pictures and descriptions of this. Can someone help me out on this?

#3585 2 years ago

So! I didn't even put together, but Stern must read these threads. I have an OCT21' build and it has not only the foam on the diverter, but installed Cliffy's on the ramps! I assume a few other nuisances covered, but really glad to see this. I picked up a Sept21' Iron Maiden that was this way. All the bugs totally worked out even a plate below the Pharoah.

Moral of the story: Pays to wait!

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

So! I didn't even put together, but Stern must read these threads. I have an OCT21' build and it has not only the foam on the diverter, but installed Cliffy's on the ramps! I assume a few other nuisances covered, but really glad to see this. I picked up a Sept21' Iron Maiden that was this way. All the bugs totally worked out even a plate below the Pharoah.
Moral of the story: Pays to wait!

Stern ramp protectors are too short. Ramp still breaks. You will need real ramp Cliffys. Good to hear about the foam though.

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am considering getting the CLiP or Convolux plastic protectors for my Mando Pro. Can't decide between orange and red. Orange look great in some pictures but too bright in others. Can someone with either color please share their thoughts and/or photos?

I have the orange protectors and really like them! Sometimes I wish I would’ve gone with clear because the orange color saturates the art work on top of the protectors. I will say that the orange is very fitting for the color scheme and also glows orange around the slings which is cool!
I don’t believe I have seen the red plastic protectors with this machine. Could be interesting and unique.

43BEA958-A451-47DF-9F8C-750F97363701 (resized).jpeg43BEA958-A451-47DF-9F8C-750F97363701 (resized).jpegB4AF28B7-DAF4-4E33-9835-86A6409172B2 (resized).jpegB4AF28B7-DAF4-4E33-9835-86A6409172B2 (resized).jpeg
#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have tried to find pictures and descriptions of this. Can someone help me out on this?

Sure thing! This is just two adhesive backed, rectangular target backer foam pads (intended for standup targets) from Pinball Life. I put two rectangular ones right next to each other to make it a square about the size of the ball. You could probably use anything similar for the same effect.

For what it’s worth I played quite a few games without it and never had a reject, but it doesn’t hurt to have them up there.

https://www.pinballlife.com/target-backing-foam.html

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I find plastic razor blades to be good for stuff like this. Very effective with much lower risk of damage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BBW1WM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_DZ97HKKW7EHKFW52HVYF

#3590 2 years ago

“I can bring you in hot. Or I can bring you in cold”

What an awesome quote. Is there a callout like that in the game? That would be so cool.

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Sure thing! This is just two adhesive backed, rectangular target backer foam pads (intended for standup targets) from Pinball Life.

Thanks. I have some target foam in my toolbox, so this is easy now!

Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I have the orange protectors and really like them! Sometimes I wish I would’ve gone with clear because the orange color saturates the art work on top of the protectors. I will say that the orange is very fitting for the color scheme and also glows orange around the slings which is cool!

I went with clear on this game as I do on every game except Led Zeppelin. The exposed edges do look cool, I don't like to change the intended colors of the plastics. In this case it makes Luke's blue light saber look more like Darth Vader's light saber.

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

“I can bring you in hot. Or I can bring you in cold”
What an awesome quote. Is there a callout like that in the game? That would be so cool.

I am sure I’ve heard it but couldn’t tell you where or when in the game, should ideally be at the start of a game or the start of Hunter as you are collecting the bounty in hunter.

#3593 2 years ago

This is probably Stern ownership 101 for most, but figured I would share since it was a first for me. The adjustable position outlane posts are pretty tough to move if you don’t have the right tools. It’s worth a trip to the hardware store to get a set of “deep well sockets” for the job.

Use a deep well 1/4” for the top side. Bottom side is 3/8”, but no need for a deep well socket there.

Definitely don’t fall into the trap of using a standard or adjustable wrench on the base of those posts unless you want to spend an hour removing it and another hour putting it back in.

This game has been pretty brutal on the outlanes, so in the interest of my friends/family enjoying more of it I opted to lower mine to the bottom position. I’ll never be a competitive player anyway, so no shame!

1/4 Deep Well1/4 Deep Well3/8 Standard3/8 Standard

#3594 2 years ago

I lower the posts on mosts of my games. No shame. Im the one playing 99.5% of the time and Im not a tournament player or anything. I just want to progress. I guess its wierd because I lower the posts(not on all but most) games, but I hardly ever change code. I dont add balls, or extra balls or anything like that.

Anyways play your game the way you want! I agree the outlanes are tough on this game.

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It looks promising. These kits are made by PU Parts.
Here are the instruction manuals for better understanding of the purpose of these kits:
Pro ramps upgrade kit:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/pu-mandalorian-ramp-upgrade-kit.pdf
Mandalorian upgrade kit:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/swtm-pu-upgrade-kit.pdf

Interesting stuff in this kit and I’m considering ordering one. Can someone explain the problems it’s trying to solve? A few of the “fixes” in this kit are for things I don’t recall anyone complaining about in this thread, and I’ve been following it since day 1.

For example, why does the Razorcrest target need an upgrade?

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks. I have some target foam in my toolbox, so this is easy now!

I went with clear on this game as I do on every game except Led Zeppelin. The exposed edges do look cool, I don't like to change the intended colors of the plastics. In this case it makes Luke's blue light saber look more like Darth Vader's light saber.

Cut out the center ! Problem solved!

#3597 2 years ago

Honeymoon phase still going strong, forgive the post spam!

Art blades on! Was worried about this one but went really smooth. Hardest part was getting the playfield back in, probably should have waited for my wife to get home to have the extra hands… but you can’t play a disassembled game, can you?

Time for a “glad that’s over” beer!

21E16757-451C-4C3A-BDD8-620EF711583D (resized).jpeg21E16757-451C-4C3A-BDD8-620EF711583D (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3598 2 years ago

Clear protectors are alway the best! I personally can’t stand the art or lighting being effected and changed due to coloured plastic protectors, they just look so out of place, clear blends in seamlessly and look factory.

#3599 2 years ago

Ran into an issue last night with my Pro which I need assistance with. If this has been posted before and someone can point to the post of what I should check that works as well. The left ramp which leads to the area were the ball holds before it releases into the upper right flipper that component isn't lifting up correctly to release the ball. During a game which I had multiball going on it flashed on the screen a tech alert about the left ramp and the lift motor I believe it said. I continued to play and after that ball turned the pin off and on and that error doesn't show anymore in the tech alerts section but it's not working correctly when I play. I'm not a screwdriver guy so I may need some step by steps of what to look at. Thanks.

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This is probably Stern ownership 101 for most, but figured I would share since it was a first for me. The adjustable position outlane posts are pretty tough to move if you don’t have the right tools. It’s worth a trip to the hardware store to get a set of “deep well sockets” for the job.
Use a deep well 1/4” for the top side. Bottom side is 3/8”, but no need for a deep well socket there.
Definitely don’t fall into the trap of using a standard or adjustable wrench on the base of those posts unless you want to spend an hour removing it and another hour putting it back in.
This game has been pretty brutal on the outlanes, so in the interest of my friends/family enjoying more of it I opted to lower mine to the bottom position. I’ll never be a competitive player anyway, so no shame!
[quoted image][quoted image]

My outlanes are on the lowest position, due to a mod I wanted to fit and because the outlanes where insanely greedy at 7 degrees, it’s a lot better now but it’s still a drain monster that requires some good nudging.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/72?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.