Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 157.
#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Looks like encounters are still bugged under 1.02 (Prem/LE). If you keep the ball alive long enough in the bonus round (until the timer runs out), the game gets confused and you replay "Protect the child" again.
Easiest way to reproduce:
1) Start new game
2) Shoot left ramp to light encounter
3) Shoot left ramp again to start the first encounter
4) Complete all 3 levels and keep the ball active on the mini playfield until the timer runs out
5) Flippers will go dead, encounter complete animation plays and ball released back to the playfield. Encounter 2 insert is now lit.
6) Shoot left ramp again and you're replaying the first encounter "Protect the child".
The inserts on the mini playfield during this also go blue while the replay of the encounter is active.
I still think the base points on encounters need to be increased slightly to make it a more viable scoring path. Boosting the bonus level points in v1.02 is OK since we miss out on bonus levels 1 and 2 - but overall encounters are not worth it point wise as it's entirely possible to fail a bonus level without a single shot (ball deflects down the middle of the mini playfield on the final shot to complete level 3).

I got a 295mil bonus the other night doing the bonus round while all multipliers were running. So I think the scoring balance is fine it just takes timing and lining up the bonus round while you have x running.

#3502 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

New code makes you have to play a hunter mode or drain for the razorcrest hurry up or multiball to be lit again. Your scoop will only let you qualify missions on first two and you have to hit it twice before it's lit, don't know if that's the issue you're seeing or not.

This answers the Razorquest question.

I'm 90% sure this is the issue with the scoop. I saw a Deadpool thread noting this same issue. I found a loose ground wire on the scoop switch that I'll reconnect. I might have to bend the metal part so the switch stays actuated too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sb186.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjg9bDxosn1AhWWkYkEHclDCU8QFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2vRuNliciNZSP2G1_CSEhk

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Also enjoying this new code.
As stated before would really love a timed period during the bonus level of the encounters where if you drain instantly you have a short period to shoot back up and take advantage of the bonus round. So once bonus is qualified you have a minimum X seconds in bonus. If you drain off the helmet before Xsecs, it’s still lit and you can get it back up there to get some more points.
It’s so easy to insta drain on the final shot of the final round (it’s so steep). Super frustrating when you put all that work to get to the bonus and you get no bonus.

Another good strategy to try to take advantage of getting some large bonus is using the jet pack to clear level 3 for the encounter. This puts the mini pf on zero tilt for the entire bonus time. If you have pf x running you can farm some really huge numbers. Also try to hit only outer targets and try to avoid hitting the centre 2 targets. Hitting the outer target allows the balls to bounce around more. Unlike normal play you want side to side movement on the mini pf.

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

For me, it's a pro to have one instead of 2

Agreed ups the challenge with one.

#3505 2 years ago

Anyone else able to confirm ice spider multiball going up into the upper playfield it goes straight vertical (max incline) seems bloody hard considering your in a multiball and without the ball save on its brutal.

#3506 2 years ago

Hey everyone, been loving my Mando for the past two weeks. Thought i'd play a game over lunch, turned it on as normal, everything booted up fine, but now i've got no sound from the backbox speakers, just a ticking noise coming out of the left speaker. Sound is on, but from the cabinet only. Rebooted a few times, wires seem secure. Guessing the speakers got blown? Any advice is apprecited. Hoping I didn't get a lemon .....

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Thinking of ordering a pro but just curious if the premium is worth the upgrade on this one or if the pro is enough?

I have a Pro but have put a lot time on LE/Prem at various locations and they’re both good. I like the back playfield of the Pro better but like the right ramp and horseshoe shot of the premium better. Pro definitely feels more empty standing over it so adding mods has helped and you will have to get the wire forms installed for a Pro because the plastic trails are garbage for visibility. In hindsight, I would probably have gone with a Premium but for the money you can’t go wrong with a Pro. Initially, I ordered a Pro because I felt like the raising and lowering of the back PF would slow game play but even with the Pro, the ball gets held up and gets dropped in so it’s basically doing the same thing in terms of flow. I purchased mine before they were out so it was a guess decision at the time. From a cost perspective, the money I spent on modding my Pro, couldn’t just gotten a Premium but would likely have still added some mods to a premium.

Is that clear as mud or what? Lol, hope it helps.

#3508 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Just loosen one screw and remove the other and you should be able to just tilt it out of the way. Easy.

This is the way for installing the ramp Cliffys. I literally installed both in 10 or so minutes and that is being careful. Replacing my right ramp exit optos was a bit more challenging. Once I figured out how to remove the right ramp, it turned out to be surprisingly simple too.

#3509 2 years ago

Howdy,
NIB Pro owner. A few random comments.

- Unpacked, 12/10/22 prod date.
- Updated to 1.01 code
- Installed shaker
- Adjusted a couple of bent targets.
- WiFi and Insider Connected were installed. WiFi dongle is an inexpensive USB model.
--https://www.amazon.com/USB-Wireless-Mini-Adapter-150Mbit/dp/B005HYDM2M/ref=sr_1_13
- Powder coat was complete on the latches.
- U-turn had already washers.
- Ordered wireframes, side armor, cup holders
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png
mandalorian bent targets (resized).pngmandalorian bent targets (resized).png

Annoyances:
- Why start shipping with Insider when its not available yet? WiFi is installed but "NET" inst in the service menu. They even had the instructions taped to the top glass. I assume Stern expected to have it enabled by now?
- Everyone of the wire labels had opened up. Went through all of them, re-stuck(?) them and flattened them. Seem to be OK now.

Playfield looks great. Plays really well. Really enjoying the game. Constantly being beaten by my wife.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngMandalorian insider connected coming soon (resized).pngMandalorian insider connected coming soon (resized).pngpasted_image7 (resized).pngpasted_image7 (resized).png

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Howdy,
NIB Pro owner. A few random comments.
- Unpacked, 12/10/22 prod date.
- Updated to 1.01 code
- Installed shaker
- Adjusted a couple of bent targets.
- WiFi and Insider Connected were installed. WiFi dongle is an inexpensive USB model.
--amazon.com link »
- Powder coat was complete on the latches.
- U-turn had already washers.
- Ordered wireframes, side armor, cup holders
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Annoyances:
- Why start shipping with Insider when its not available yet? WiFi is installed but "NET" inst in the service menu. They even had the instructions taped to the top glass. I assume Stern expected to have it enabled by now?
- Everyone of the wire labels had opened up. Went through all of them, re-stuck(?) them and flattened them. Seem to be OK now.
Playfield looks great. Plays really well. Really enjoying the game. Constantly being beaten by my wife.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

do you have to add your own wifi dongle? i can't recall doing it for my godzilla and it had IC up and running.

#3511 2 years ago

This was done by a buddy of mine about 10 years ago, always makes me giggle when I see it.
On a side note, I've had my pro since August and this machine just keeps on giving.

IMG_20220123_022329003 (resized).jpgIMG_20220123_022329003 (resized).jpg

#3512 2 years ago

The insider connect apron looks like ass!
Glad I got my game early Prefer the mando decal!

4F7BE9C2-3060-40F3-8139-75FEB666C563 (resized).jpeg4F7BE9C2-3060-40F3-8139-75FEB666C563 (resized).jpegDB9C7CDA-A973-4B1C-A665-708B9FA58E8F (resized).jpegDB9C7CDA-A973-4B1C-A665-708B9FA58E8F (resized).jpeg
#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

No way I’m loosing my LE art I’ll be mounting my IC scanner on my wall

#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

do you have to add your own wifi dongle? i can't recall doing it for my godzilla and it had IC up and running.

No, it was installed on the main board. In the left USB slot. I just took it out for the picture.

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately, I will have to buy a new apron and relocate the IC camera to do that.

It did come with another card to replace the lower Insider QR code. But its pretty plain.

apron card mandalorian - insider replacement (resized).pngapron card mandalorian - insider replacement (resized).png
#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hers an option
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5204554

#3517 2 years ago

Never saw that one. I might have to buy some orange filament and print that one.
Thanks for sharing.

#3518 2 years ago

That's a great idea. Much better place for it IMO.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

I have a Pro but have put a lot time on LE/Prem at various locations and they’re both good. I like the back playfield of the Pro better but like the right ramp and horseshoe shot of the premium better. Pro definitely feels more empty standing over it so adding mods has helped and you will have to get the wire forms installed for a Pro because the plastic trails are garbage for visibility. In hindsight, I would probably have gone with a Premium but for the money you can’t go wrong with a Pro. Initially, I ordered a Pro because I felt like the raising and lowering of the back PF would slow game play but even with the Pro, the ball gets held up and gets dropped in so it’s basically doing the same thing in terms of flow. I purchased mine before they were out so it was a guess decision at the time. From a cost perspective, the money I spent on modding my Pro, couldn’t just gotten a Premium but would likely have still added some mods to a premium.

Idk.. I picked up an pro with super low plays for under 6k, but seems the norm is around 6500 right now. I haven't seen a premium for sale for under 9k. I added mirrorblades (90), wire ramps (200), speaker lights (100) and titans (40). Also added the foundry mod, beskar posts (30) and moving grogu. Other than the wire ramps, ALL the mods would be the same on both models. So you lose the small horseshoe ramp, the magnet under grogu, and the tilting helmet (2 flippers). Are those items worth $2800 in my case or let's say $2300 @ a $6500 price tag? I personally don't think so. I was going to upgrade but just can't justify it. There are some Sterns that the premium is the only way to go.. this is not one of them. Both are great, so a win no matter what you decide.

Correction, someone just posted a premium for 8800 in CA.

#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Great observation captain obvious. Im sure that new pro owner with the insider connect (of which he had no choice) feels so much better about his purchase after reading your comment and your pre IC apron pics. Not wanting to be negative myself but these IC comments are really getting old and grating me.... its here to stay so why keep pointing it out. Just let the man be happy with his awesome mando purchase. I could put up pics of my LE apron which looks decidedly better than your apron also but what's the point of that.

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Great observation captain obvious. Im sure that new pro owner with the insider connect (of which he had no choice) feels so much better about his purchase after reading your comment. Not wanting to be negative myself but these IC comments are really getting old and grating me.... its here to stay so why keep pointing it out. Just let the man be happy with his awesome mando purchase.

Someone had a slice of “looks like ass“ pie.

He’s got options I just posted one of them!
Now how to fix my feelings.

#3522 2 years ago

What kind of bulb is this? It was in the board in the back of the playfield (the 5 or 6 lights across the top). I'd like to get the exact same bulb as a replacement. What brand, brightness, color warmth (looked like maybe warm white)? I thought Stern used Comet but there are no markings on this bulb.

20220124_205028 (resized).jpg20220124_205028 (resized).jpg20220124_205040 (resized).jpg20220124_205040 (resized).jpg20220124_205107 (resized).jpg20220124_205107 (resized).jpg20220124_205129 (resized).jpg20220124_205129 (resized).jpg

#3523 2 years ago

Ok so the part number is this...112-5034-ww. 2 LED, warm white, frosted. Can't find this for sale anywhere. Stern make their own bulbs and not offer replacements?

#3525 2 years ago

The first one is not in my country unfortunately and the 2nd one is clear and I need a frosted bulb. I emailed Stern.

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The first one is not in my country unfortunately and the 2nd one is clear and I need a frosted bulb. I emailed Stern.

Those are frosted bayonet bulbs. You can get em from Comet for ~$0.75

edit: Sorry I see after reading more closely you already mentioned Comet bulbs in your original post. In that case not sure I think they're still the same thing but if they don't look like regular 44s maybe getting input from Stern's the best bet

#3527 2 years ago

We get single slot coin doors here in the U.K. with no removable plates, so I plan on building something fancy for the wall.

#3528 2 years ago

Still tweaking but starting to look real nice!

DCE690C7-FD12-4E83-A41B-1E9A0B1A82B2 (resized).jpegDCE690C7-FD12-4E83-A41B-1E9A0B1A82B2 (resized).jpeg
#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We get single slot coin doors here in the U.K. with no removable plates, so I plan on building something fancy for the wall.

Mount a US door skin .
The frame is probably the same Should bolt right in.

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Where did you get that lockdown bar plate?

#3531 2 years ago

So I know how to adjust the flippers to make them line up with the dot. But how do I move the actual position so its closer to the dot? Or does everyones look like this? Right one seems a bit off to me.

20220126_012626012_iOS (resized).jpg20220126_012626012_iOS (resized).jpg
#3532 2 years ago

Long time in the making for the LE owners.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p229/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod.html

Shooter rods and plates still available and ship within 24hrs of order.
Hookedonpinball.com

mando 3 (resized).jpgmando 3 (resized).jpgmando 2 (resized).jpgmando 2 (resized).jpgmando 1 (resized).jpgmando 1 (resized).jpg
#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p229/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod.html
Hookedonpinball.com
[quoted image]

Noice!

Australian shipping?

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So I know how to adjust the flippers to make them line up with the dot. But how do I move the actual position so its closer to the dot? Or does everyones look like this? Right one seems a bit off to me.
[quoted image]

You can’t adjust them laterally. They look fine to me - the holes are only meant as a guide for the angle.

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Noice!
Australian shipping?

Sorry no go at the moment due to usps not servicing AU. (10 packages and counting still coming back to us).
If someone wants to purchase 10 and distribute them around we can talk.

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can’t adjust them laterally. They look fine to me - the holes are only meant as a guide for the angle.

gotcha. just didnt want to have a larger flipper gap than needed!

#3537 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Ok so the part number is this...112-5034-ww. 2 LED, warm white, frosted. Can't find this for sale anywhere. Stern make their own bulbs and not offer replacements?

Talked to Comet. It is the *Frosted *Warm White *2SMD *bayonet bulb.

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

It did help, and I’m in with a deposit on the upcoming pro run next month

#3539 2 years ago

New member of the club!! I was lucky enough to be able to pick up an NIB Premium the other day within driving distance of my house. It's from the new run and has the factory Insider Connected. I want to move the IC scanner to the coin door and had my fingers crossed that the original backlit right side apron plastic might be in the goody bag, but no such luck. To my surprise, the light for that plastic is still there under the apron! So I need one of those plastics!! If anyone is installing the IC into the apron and no longer needs that plastic, I would gladly buy it. Otherwise, I will start the process of trying to get one from Stern...

The game looks beautiful, no issues out of the box and the playfield clearcoat is really nice.

20220123_164541 (resized).jpg20220123_164541 (resized).jpg20220124_082035 (resized).jpg20220124_082035 (resized).jpg20220125_201022 (resized).jpg20220125_201022 (resized).jpg
#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Sorry no go at the moment due to usps not servicing AU. (10 packages and counting still coming back to us).
If someone wants to purchase 10 and distribute them around we can talk.

Not sure if this helps you or not. The only reliable shipper at the moment from USA to Australia is DHL Worldwide Express.

Great product!

#3541 2 years ago

Anyone ever have the ball hang up a bit coming down the left orbit either from shooting all the way around from the right, or coming down from a shot up through the Razorcrest? It seems like the clearance is there on the left hand side plastic, but the ball does hang there once or twice a game. Anything I should be looking for?

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone ever have the ball hang up a bit coming down the left orbit either from shooting all the way around from the right, or coming down from a shot up through the Razorcrest? It seems like the clearance is there on the left hand side plastic, but the ball does hang there once or twice a game. Anything I should be looking for?

Make sure the flasher wire isn't hanging down into the orbit.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Looks great

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are they quiet? I’ve had some issues with that EL material making a whining noise.

#3545 2 years ago

So I got my mando premium 3 days ago I’ve played 16 games so far and already broke the ramp to the upper pf, it was the reinforced ramp has the metal in each side . Any one else have this issue still and have a temp fix tell I get a new ramp. Working with stern now.

1A8B485D-0C39-47B5-8A3A-80F8BF42BEF5 (resized).jpeg1A8B485D-0C39-47B5-8A3A-80F8BF42BEF5 (resized).jpegE6D68F12-309F-4A87-BDC2-20092A26B11B (resized).jpegE6D68F12-309F-4A87-BDC2-20092A26B11B (resized).jpeg
#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrocow:

So I got my mando premium 3 days ago I’ve played 16 games so far and already broke the ramp to the upper pf, it was the reinforced ramp has the metal in each side . Any one else have this issue still and have a temp fix tell I get a new ramp. Working with stern now. [quoted image][quoted image]

cliffy makes protectors for this. Crazy that it happened so fast on your game. I had about 50 plays and was fine before i installed the cliffy.

#3547 2 years ago

mbrave77 do you have a link for that ? Thanks !

#3548 2 years ago

Email him requesting the Cliffys for Mando ramp. He will send you an invoice. He has a backlog. Mine took 3 weeks. Super easy install.

[email protected]

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrocow:

So I got my mando premium 3 days ago I’ve played 16 games so far and already broke the ramp to the upper pf, it was the reinforced ramp has the metal in each side . Any one else have this issue still and have a temp fix tell I get a new ramp. Working with stern now. [quoted image][quoted image]

My pro cracked in the same spot, I sent a email to stern, was told they would send out a replacement.
I am also waiting on my cliffys, so I wont install new ramp until I have those.

#3550 2 years ago

Do the newer production machines have metal on the ramps (non cliffy)? Was that Sterns fix for the cracking?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

9,900 (Firm)
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/71?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.