IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 156.
#3451 2 years ago

Looks like encounters are still bugged under 1.02 (Prem/LE). If you keep the ball alive long enough in the bonus round (until the timer runs out), the game gets confused and you replay "Protect the child" again.

Easiest way to reproduce:
1) Start new game
2) Shoot left ramp to light encounter
3) Shoot left ramp again to start the first encounter
4) Complete all 3 levels and keep the ball active on the mini playfield until the timer runs out
5) Flippers will go dead, encounter complete animation plays and ball released back to the playfield. Encounter 2 insert is now lit.
6) Shoot left ramp again and you're replaying the first encounter "Protect the child".

The inserts on the mini playfield during this also go blue while the replay of the encounter is active.

I still think the base points on encounters need to be increased slightly to make it a more viable scoring path. Boosting the bonus level points in v1.02 is OK since we miss out on bonus levels 1 and 2 - but overall encounters are not worth it point wise as it's entirely possible to fail a bonus level without a single shot (ball deflects down the middle of the mini playfield on the final shot to complete level 3).

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from Lacarno:

Hello Everyone! I purchased a Mando pro this week (used, but with less than 20 plays) as my first pinball machine. I'm both excited and a little intimidated about owning my very own pinball machine.
I've read every. single. page. in this forum. So much great information, but it is a lot when binging the forum in less than a week.

Congratulations - That's a heck of a start for your first pinball machine !

Quite an accomplishment plowing through each page of this thread too.

With that enthusiasm and effort you will lose any intimidation about owning pins real soon. Just remember to make it fun. Don't take everything you read as gospel, but you can glean a lot of good suggestions and opinions. Your mileage may vary. Above all make it fun and enjoy it.

Don't be surprised if you wind up with another machine or two in the not very distant future. It happens.

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hi Mando owners. Might be selling my DP on a whim which opens up space + $. Thinking Mando Premium. Can you sell me on it? Haven’t played it, but have watched videos. How is it in small collection? I love Dwight games like GOT and SW, not so much the others. Worth taking the plunge vs a juggernaut game like Godzilla? Open to feedback, thanks in advance.

Well, I don’t have my Mando yet to compare. (Give me a couple weeks!) But Deadpool Prem has been my only home pin for almost 9 months and I never get tired of it, even after 1,000 plays.

It’s got such a variety of shots, some long, some short, some flow, some are tight, and I’m enjoying multiple ways to chase points.

I think what you want to keep depends on what else you have and what variety you’re looking for. Mando is a unique “fan” that’s close to the flippers and, based on comments here and watching streams, is more about good trapping and backhand play. Godzilla is KWE at his finest with lots of flow, long shots, and loops off the third flipper.

I have a JP on order, so as much as I like the look of Godzilla I don’t want that redundancy in my small space. I think between DP, Mando, JP, and GNR there should be good variety there for a while. Something may come along that eventually boots the other three, but DP is bolted to the floor.

#3454 2 years ago

Ugh best first ball ever. 520m. Was still on ball 1 due to EB. Proceeded to drain the next 3 balls trying to qualify the next mission. Never did. 555m total. So brutal

#3455 2 years ago

Scoop light interactive with foundry insert

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I raised the left side plastic up like a half inch and it still hits the damn thing. I wish someone would make a deflector that attaches to the ramp and forces the ball down into the orbit. I think that would be the best option for a permanent and reliable fix.

Hmmmm… I do have a 3D printer… perhaps and ugly piece of plastic will help…

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from Lacarno:

Hello Everyone! I purchased a Mando pro this week (used, but with less than 20 plays) as my first pinball machine. I'm both excited and a little intimidated about owning my very own pinball machine.

Glad to know I'm not the only one in the "Mando Is My First Home Pinball" club! Welcome!

The good thing about Mando (and Spike2 in general) is that if you're taking the time to pour through the materials, they're pretty easy to understand once you get the hang of it, unlike older games. I'm glad I went this route instead of making my first pin a 90's era machine that needs a little more TLC. Not saying you won't need to do maintenance - my Child spotlight fell out a couple of times and two of my optos were hooked up incorrectly at the factory so I've spent some time with the playfield raised.

Just last week, after a couple months of ownership, I finally put my first mod on it - I put a Pinwoofer KO into my Premium and it makes a ton of difference. (I haven't gotten someone to help me raise the front yet to put my Pingulp on it though! Sadly I can't get lift it onto a stool by myself and I don't own any devices to help me do so.)

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:Glad to know I'm not the only one in the "Mando Is My First Home Pinball" club! Welcome!
The good thing about Mando (and Spike2 in general) is that if you're taking the time to pour through the materials, they're pretty easy to understand once you get the hang of it, unlike older games. I'm glad I went this route instead of making my first pin a 90's era machine that needs a little more TLC. Not saying you won't need to do maintenance - my Child spotlight fell out a couple of times and two of my optos were hooked up incorrectly at the factory so I've spent some time with the playfield raised.
Just last week, after a couple months of ownership, I finally put my first mod on it - I put a Pinwoofer KO into my Premium and it makes a ton of difference. (I haven't gotten someone to help me raise the front yet to put my Pingulp on it though! Sadly I can't get lift it onto a stool by myself and I don't own any devices to help me do so.)

You can do it one leg bolt at a time.
1.Remove top bolt
2. Put pin hilltop hole lined up with top hole
replace top bolt Do not fully tighten .
3.remove bottom bolt and swing pin gulp to align holes replace bottom bolt tighten both bolts !

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Glad to know I'm not the only one in the "Mando Is My First Home Pinball" club! Welcome!

Hey congrats! We are really enjoying ours.

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from Lacarno:

Hmmmm… I do have a 3D printer… perhaps and ugly piece of plastic will help…

Yeah man! Let's see what you can do!

#3461 2 years ago

@ Blackwolf you can get that pingulp on yourself. Just follow the post freddy made.

Easy Peesy ! In a few minutes you will have it installed on your pin.

Then just add beverage.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The new code really adds some polish. Such a great title to have in a line up with the strategy and layout.
Only gripe I have is I think scope should continue to a roving shot for the 4th attempt. Now after you've hit your 3 scopes for the playfield x the only way to get full 6x is purchasing x from foundry. I guess it just means more strategy and forward thinking.

Finish hunter for a playfield x... finish scope... hit targets.. 6x

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Scoop light interactive with foundry insert

Can this be done in blue?

#3464 2 years ago

I finally joined the club. I got my premium this week. I love this game!

I also installed the interactive Grogu mod that I developed. It responds to elements of the game play. It's movements are triggered off of the child magnet, upper left ramp gate and the diverter coil for the small playfield(Protect the Child encounter, etc.). If you haven't heard about it, you can check it out here....

Interactive Grogu Mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-child-for-the-mandalorian

031 (resized).JPG031 (resized).JPG
#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can this be done in blue?

Yes, but I wasn’t really offering it for sale, just kind of showing the possibility. Can pretty much do any color. No soldering needed. I suppose if someone wants one, I can make it for them. it utilizes an optical sensor.

#3466 2 years ago

Anyone else getting a website security issue trying to download the new pro code from stern today?

"f002.backblazeb2.com sent an invalid response"

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Anyone else getting a website security issue trying to download the new pro code from stern today?
"f002.backblazeb2.com sent an invalid response"

I didn't have any issues. I can email you the code if that helps.

#3468 2 years ago

I’ve noticed on newer code releases for the Pre/LE that the 2nd level modes of the upper play field are Banzai Run steep. It wasn’t like that in prior codes revs, maybe before 1.0. But I can’t tell if it’s always steep or if you’re supposed to time it with the left ramp and it locks in the pitch based when it enters. It’s really ridiculous how steep it is, almost unplayable. The levels 1 and 3 aren't as steep.

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I didn't have any issues. I can email you the code if that helps.

Yes please.

#3470 2 years ago

It must be the 2nd mode (playfield insert 2) that has the really steep pitch. Maybe Dwight wants us to use Jet Pack for that level. Still, I'd rather have it not as steep.

#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It must be the 2nd mode (playfield insert 2) that has the really steep pitch. Maybe Dwight wants us to use Whistling Birds for that level. Still, I'd rather have it not as steep.

Can’t confirm because I haven’t played it personally (waiting for that NIB experience) but tilt forums shows that the 2nd encounter locks in the tilt of the upper playfield when you make the ramp shot. Suggests you can time your shot for the incline you prefer, which is cool.

Only appears to apply to encounter #2 though, Catch the Jawas.

8350F100-A59D-4FC9-B512-92809AB2E60E (resized).jpeg8350F100-A59D-4FC9-B512-92809AB2E60E (resized).jpeg
#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Can’t confirm because I haven’t played it personally (waiting for that NIB experience) but tilt forums shows that the 2nd encounter locks in the tilt of the upper playfield when you make the ramp shot. Suggests you can time your shot for the incline you prefer, which is cool.
Only appears to apply to encounter #2 though, Catch the Jawas.[quoted image]

Thanks for the info! I played some more and do see it locking in the tilt. I need to look at the rules to see how to start hunter so I can keep continue the multiballs.

I do wish we'd get a ball save during the Grogu sequence because it just dropped it STDM and all the GI was off.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Only appears to apply to encounter #2 though, Catch the Jawas.[quoted image]

Quoted from spidey:

It must be the 2nd mode (playfield insert 2) that has the really steep pitch. Maybe Dwight wants us to use Jet Pack for that level. Still, I'd rather have it not as steep.

Edit: I need to verify I hadn’t somehow already completed the first encounter.

I’m not 100% clear on the terminology here, but I’m also getting the upper pf stuck on max tilt on part 2 of the first encounter.

The 3 encounters each have 3 stages? So according to the tilt forum rules, the 2nd encounter has the tilt lock thing (ie. Complete the 3 stages of the first encounter, then start the second encounter?) .

The tilt lock at max shouldn’t happen until stage 3 of the first encounter? But it seems to be happening in the second stage of the first encounter.

#3474 2 years ago

Also enjoying this new code.

As stated before would really love a timed period during the bonus level of the encounters where if you drain instantly you have a short period to shoot back up and take advantage of the bonus round. So once bonus is qualified you have a minimum X seconds in bonus. If you drain off the helmet before Xsecs, it’s still lit and you can get it back up there to get some more points.

It’s so easy to insta drain on the final shot of the final round (it’s so steep). Super frustrating when you put all that work to get to the bonus and you get no bonus.

#3475 2 years ago

Dwight has been giving a lot of love to Munsters and TMNT so we will hopefully see the same level of love for Mando when he has the chance to go back and polish the game even further.

The new Munsters code is particularly good!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Edit: I need to verify I hadn’t somehow already completed the first encounter.
I’m not 100% clear on the terminology here, but I’m also getting the upper pf stuck on max tilt on part 2 of the first encounter.
The 3 encounters each have 3 stages? So according to the tilt forum rules, the 2nd encounter has the tilt lock thing (ie. Complete the 3 stages of the first encounter, then start the second encounter?) .
The tilt lock at max shouldn’t happen until stage 3 of the first encounter? But it seems to be happening in the second stage of the first encounter.

This new code update also has mine getting stuck at max incline on level 2 of the first encounter. This didn’t seem to happen with 1.01.

This is not the encounter where the playfield is constantly moving and you lock it into an incline when you shoot the shot. I believe that is encounter 2.

I’ll have to play more to verify the pattern.

#3477 2 years ago

Can someone give me a reminder on how to save scores when updating code? I inadvertently erased 2 years of Star Wars scores when I finally got around to updating it and since I have enough time on Mando with some good scores I don’t want to replicate a bone headed move. Thanks in advance.

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dwight has been giving a lot of love to Munsters and TMNT so we will hopefully see the same level of love for Mando when he has the chance to go back and polish the game even further.
The new Munsters code is particularly good!

Dwight had been criticized in the past about not completing code and/or not caring. I think that goes back to Ghostbusters. All I can say is that Dwight has been active on these forums and he has certainly been listening to complaints and suggestions. Each of these releases incorporate some of the suggestions of the community. Huge appreciation to you @xaqery!

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Can someone give me a reminder on how to save scores when updating code? I inadvertently erased 2 years of Star Wars scores when I finally got around to updating it and since I have enough time on Mando with some good scores I don’t want to replicate a bone headed move. Thanks in advance.

A quick update will restore scores without doing anything. For safe keeping’s, before doing the update go into the menu system and save your settings to the usb. That way you can always load that back after the update.

#3480 2 years ago

Thinking of ordering a pro but just curious if the premium is worth the upgrade on this one or if the pro is enough?

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Thinking of ordering a pro but just curious if the premium is worth the upgrade on this one or if the pro is enough?

I'm very happy with my Pro. The upper playfield on the Pro is perfectly alright and you can add wireform ramps if you want.

#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Dwight had been criticized in the past about not completing code and/or not caring. I think that goes back to Ghostbusters. All I can say is that Dwight has been active on these forums and he has certainly been listening to complaints and suggestions. Each of these releases incorporate some of the suggestions of the community. Huge appreciation to you Xaqery!

It’s great he listens to feedback and adds stuff he feels is worth while and it’s always great to have him chime in and let us know what’s happening with the code.

A lot of that criticism is unfounded especially the he doesn’t care part, I’ve always found that nonsense because you watch him on reveal streams and he’s the most excited guy there, the passion is clear to see.

I think Mando is his best code package to date though, the theme integration with the RPG stuff at the scoop is one of my favourite parts of the game and I’d love to see it in more games in the future with even deeper implementation, it’s a lot of fun.

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Also love my pro. My only complaint is the single flipper in the upper playfield.

#3484 2 years ago

Anyone have the link to order the cliffy ramp kit?

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have the link to order the cliffy ramp kit?

Just email Cliff, that's what I do
Tell him what parts you want and he will send you a PayPal invoice.

[email protected]

#3486 2 years ago

My machine is having issues post update to 1.02. I have a Pro.

When I hit the scoop it only sometimes advances early missions to mission start. Also, regardless of how I get the scoop to mission start position, I often have to hit the scoop a few times to get a mission to start. The scoop recognizes the ball is there and kicks it right out, but most times there's no blinking white light, it just kicks it out.

Also, after a multi ball and sometimes after a mission the Razorcrest ramp does not light either for a hurry up or the next multiball. It does light again after I drain.

The scoop shot not advancing missions or starting a mission is clearly a problem. The Razorcrest I have to imagine is also not intended to operate like that after the code update, but not certain. I did a full update with verification. Please let me know if anyone has any input on these issues.

#3487 2 years ago

Seem to be experiencing that max incline on level 2 of mode 1, is that the same as everyone else?

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Seem to be experiencing that max incline on level 2 of mode 1, is that the same as everyone else?

Yesterday after updating, I saw it a couple times. Today, I played a few games and it didn’t happen. It must be some special set of circumstances.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just email Cliff, that's what I do
Tell him what parts you want and he will send you a PayPal invoice.
[email protected]

Just ordered mine too! And for another Title. I got a free Tshirt for spending so much! LOL.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Just ordered mine too! And for another Title. I got a free Tshirt for spending so much! LOL.

I know I bought a lot of cliffys over the years

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I hope Cliff’s t-shirt says something like “This playfield is protected.” Although that may be more fitting for a jockstrap…

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I hope Cliff’s t-shirt says something like “This playfield is protected.” Although that may be more fitting for a jockstrap…

“I only play with protection”

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Cliffy is the only shirt you ever really need for pinball. Other considerations would be Pinball Life Explosion, CAX, and Free Gold Watch. Flipper room is cool too.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yep. And it's at MAX - not the normal level 3 incline. Like vertical.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

When I hit the scoop it only sometimes advances early missions to mission start. Also, regardless of how I get the scoop to mission start position, I often have to hit the scoop a few times to get a mission to start. The scoop recognizes the ball is there and kicks it right out, but most times there's no blinking white light, it just kicks it out.
Also, after a multi ball and sometimes after a mission the Razorcrest ramp does not light either for a hurry up or the next multiball. It does light again after I drain.
The scoop shot not advancing missions or starting a mission is clearly a problem. The Razorcrest I have to imagine is also not intended to operate like that after the code update, but not certain. I did a full update with verification. Please let me know if anyone has any input on these issues.

Anyone else with a Pro seeing issues like this?

#3496 2 years ago

I have probably 50 plays on mine since update, I have not seen anything like that.

#3497 2 years ago

No problems here. Sounds like a bad opto.

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

New code makes you have to play a hunter mode or drain for the razorcrest hurry up or multiball to be lit again. Your scoop will only let you qualify missions on first two and you have to hit it twice before it's lit, don't know if that's the issue you're seeing or not.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Also love my pro. My only complaint is the single flipper in the upper playfield.

For me, it's a pro to have one instead of 2

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

He's pretty backlogged so it may take a while for him to make them so be patient.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/70?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.