IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 156.
#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

you press it when it when the item is highlighted

Where is it highlighted and how do I change which one is selected?

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Mine is 6.5 and shoots really well now. I started enjoying the game more now that I realized right ramp and u-turn shots must be backhanded and scoop on left side. Backhanding is so key for Mando. It makes the game a little less approachable for newbies who visit us and really want to play Mando but get frustrated they can't make any shots other than Razor crest.

Yep, Mando is designed for backhand play
Getting the right ramp nailed is critical, I’ve replaced the bottom star post under the Luke slingshot with a narrow post (this gives the ball enough clearance) and backhanding the right ramp is now smooth and easy
I’ve played my friends Mando and everything was perfect on his, no mods or adjustments required, I guess it’s just a variable with pinball
Also my left ramp shoots easily from a backhand, no adjustments required
Really a fun game when everything is working at it should

#3353 2 years ago

The Foundry is a genius feature on this game. So cool to be able to purchase tools that affect gameplay.

#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok the right scoop/uturn shot. When its a uturn it seems much of the time i hit that shot great, its goes theough and hits the rught rail/lane guide into sdtm. Is that just adjusting i need to do on the right orbit/lane guide? Guessing thats just a screw underneath?

Mine doesn't SDTM but comes close on forehand. On backhand which is how I normally shoot it, it does not SDTM. I haven't done any adjustments other than leveling the game.

#3355 2 years ago

I’m licking my butter chops something fierce waiting for my premium to ship, this game sounds so cool!

#3356 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Getting the right ramp nailed is critical, I’ve replaced the bottom star post under the Luke slingshot with a narrow post (this gives the ball enough clearance) and backhanding the right ramp is now smooth and easy
I’ve played my friends Mando and everything was perfect on his, no mods or adjustments required, I guess it’s just a variable with pinball

Agree fully. Although on mine I can backhand right ramp every time with no need to adjust the post and meanwhile there is no chance of backhanding left ramp! Haha maybe slightest differences in keel matter. Anyway had my best game last night 1.9 billion, beat Mof Gideon but drained trying to light This is the Way at the scoop!

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Getting the right ramp nailed is critical, I’ve replaced the bottom star post under the Luke slingshot with a narrow post (this gives the ball enough clearance) and backhanding the right ramp is now smooth and easy.

I’m wondering if I should do the same. I can barely back the right ramp. I seem to recall ABE_FLIPS posted a fix for the right flipper since it’s slightly in compared to the left. I think I might try that as well.

#3358 2 years ago

It's weird that you can light scope a 4th time because there is no way to collect it.

#3359 2 years ago

Couple things since my previous post of frustration (pro machine):

1. I too discovered that backhanding and cradle shots are the key and have mostly given up on hitting flow shots to the L or R ramp on the fly. IMHO all talk of this being a flow machine is off base. There are certainly moments of flow but they're too inconsistent to call this a flow machine unless you're seeking a drain.
2. I did notice that my cliffy on the L side of the L ramp angled out slightly. His protectors have a slight bend at the tip which I bent more and corrected this, that seemed to help the L ramp
3. The Uturn didnt always register. I think on a clean shot to the Uturn the ball carries enough speed that it rides up the ball guide high enough to not make contact. Any wonky slower shots would register. Bending the switch so that it sits higher but maintains its arch seems to resolve that. Now the ball seems to always contact the switch on faster smooth shots to the Uturn

4. I too have trouble with using the action button. I always seem to catch it on flamethrower and miss whatever other item I'm trying to use. I know you can cradle for flamethrower but do the other items work when cradling? I find if I look up while cradling to catch the highlighted item I still miss it.

5. On the pro something needs to be done about the child shot GI lights. Everything turns off when the child is awarding but the ball is still in play. I think the programming is geared to the prem and LE where the child catches the ball so lights off is no big deal. On the pro the lights turn off so you're essentially playing in the dark until the child award animation is done.

#3360 2 years ago

Thought I would throw this out here, anyone interested in my remnant stormtrooper helmets on a spike mod? Might make a small run if there is interest.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

The Uturn didnt always register. I think on a clean shot to the Uturn the ball carries enough speed that it rides up the ball guide high enough to not make contact. Any wonky slower shots would register. Bending the switch so that it sits higher but maintains its arch seems to resolve that. Now the ball seems to always contact the switch on faster smooth shots to the Uturn

I get this a lot also. Thinking of installing a Mag Reed switch in there. Anyone tried?

#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I get this a lot also. Thinking of installing a Mag Reed switch in there. Anyone tried?

I bent the switch up so instead of a gentle moon crescent shape to the switch it’s more raised, seems to have solved the issue as I have not noticed anymore shots not registering/missing.

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I bent the switch up so instead of a gentle moon crescent shape to the switch it’s more raised, seems to have solved the issue as I have not noticed anymore shots not registering/missing.

Yep this exactly had to do the same to mine. The issue seemed to be with really fast shots it would depress the switch down far enough to trigger, but not far enough to rebound and be ready for another ball. Bending it up completely solved it for me

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

It's weird that you can light scope a 4th time because there is no way to collect it.

An easy fix dwight... make the 4th scope attempt a roving shot and double the points and beskar if you nail it which makes it worthwhile.

Also ambush... the points and beskar for completing it do not make it worth your while to do it. You don't have to complete it for TITW wizard mode so as of current code the reward just isn't worth the risk. I just time it out. Give the mode some serious weight points and beskar wise. Just some ideas ambush just seems tacked on atm.

#3365 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thought I would throw this out here, anyone interested in my remnant stormtrooper helmets on a spike mod? Might make a small run if there is interest.

I'd be interested.

#3366 2 years ago

finally got all my mods installed. Diddys foundry looks awesome in person and Slave 1 is great as well. Cant wait to see the topper.

#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Cant wait to see the topper.

I hear it’s IG-11 spinning head and arms hopefully with his guns although I can see Disney being Disney and saying no guns but hopefully a 3D print can make those if they are missing.

#3368 2 years ago

The truck with my premium is an hour away!

Edit: Build date 12/30/21

#3369 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hear it’s IG-11 spinning head and arms hopefully with his guns although I can see Disney being Disney and saying no guns but hopefully a 3D print can make those if they are missing.

I think I am in the minority in wishing it is not IG-11. Not sure what I want, but I'm not feeling IG-11. I just hope it interfaces well with the game. I love the way the Ghostbusters topper works with the game.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I think I am in the minority in wishing it is not IG-11. Not sure what I want, but I'm not feeling IG-11. I just hope it interfaces well with the game. I love the way the Ghostbusters topper works with the game.

Wasn’t quite sure what I wanted myself, but I would rather have moving animated IG11 than some static plastics of Mando and Grogu.

Obviously an animated blast door to reveal Luke and R2 would be the best option but only because it was such a cool moment, it’s not really encompassing of the Mando series itself so IG11 is more fitting.

#3371 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

4. I too have trouble with using the action button. I always seem to catch it on flamethrower and miss whatever other item I'm trying to use. I know you can cradle for flamethrower but do the other items work when cradling? I find if I look up while cradling to catch the highlighted item I still miss it.

I want to help clear this up.

To use your equipment you do not need to look at the screen. You should not look at the sceen.

The flamethrower can be used anytime you have it and a ball is in play. When you have it the button will flash ORANGE. Hold the button to set all the shots on fire. It takes about 2 seconds.

All the other equipment works the same. If you have it and the ball is in play the button will flash when you can use it. It will flash of the correct color. Other than the flamethrower, all equipment can only be used at specfic times.

If more than one thing can be used the game chooses one for that time. It chooses them in this order:
RIFLE - Only good during a multiball - The button will flash GREEN.

JET PACK - Only good during an Encounter while you have a ball on the mini-playfield or about to be. The button will flash RED.

WHISTLING BIRDS - Only good during a mission. The button will flash YELLOW.

ARMOR - Always works. It increases your ball save times. The Button is not used.

SO, TL/DR
If you only have one piece of equipment its simple; the button will flash when it can be used.
If you have one of the 3 and the flamethower its also simple you can use either depending on how long you hold the button.
If you have 2 of the three the game will pick which is active.

The display has nothigng todo with the button and when you can use equipment. All it does is cycle between all the things you do have and trys to educate you about what they do.

#3372 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I want to help clear this up.
To use your equipment you do not need to look at the screen. You should not look at the sceen.
The flamethrower can be used anytime you have it and a ball is in play. When you have it the button will flash ORANGE. Hold the button to set all the shots on fire. It takes about 2 seconds.
All the other equipment works the same. If you have it and the ball is in play the button will flash when you can use it. It will flash of the correct color. Other than the flamethrower, all equipment can only be used at specfic times.
If more than one thing can be used the game chooses one for that time. It chooses them in this order:
RIFLE - Only good during a multiball - The button will flash GREEN.
JET PACK - Only good during an Encounter while you have a ball on the mini-playfield or about to be. The button will flash RED.
WHISTLING BIRDS - Only good during a mission. The button will flash YELLOW.
ARMOR - Always works. It increases your ball save times. The Button is not used.
SO, TL/DR
If you only have one piece of equipment its simple; the button will flash when it can be used.
If you have one of the 3 and the flamethower its also simple you can use either depending on how long you hold the button.
If you have 2 of the three the game will pick which is active.
The display has nothigng todo with the button and when you can use equipment. All it does is cycle between all the things you do have and trys to educate you about what they do.

So if you have flamethrower and rifle flashing for example, a quick press will activate rifle only? You’ll still have flamethrower unused? A longer press will start flamethrower and once done you’ll still have rifle unused?

#3373 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So a if you have flamethrower and rifle flashing for example, a quick press will activate rifle only? You’ll still have flamethrower unused? A longer it’s will start flamethrower and once done you’ll still have rifle unused?

Give this man a cookie.

If you have the Rifle and Flamthrower and a multiball is in progress, you can choose to use either depending on your press type. The button will be flashing both ORANGE and GREEN.

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Give this man a cookie.
If you have the Rifle and Flamthrower and a multiball is in progress, you can choose to use either depending on your press type. The button will be flashing both ORANGE and GREEN.

I don't have the game yet, but when I get it I'm holding that button down and going with the flamethrower every time.

#3375 2 years ago

"The display has nothigng todo with the button and when you can use equipment. All it does is cycle between all the things you do have and trys to educate you about what they do."

Ahh, this is where I was having issues. I was looking up to read the perks and hitting the button when I saw the one I wanted but that was resulting in the wrong perk being initiated. I knew the button was flashing for the appropriate perk but thinking it was synced with the highlights on the screen even though looking back all you have to do is look at the rate of blinking of the action button vs. the highlights and realize this isn't true.

Either way Xaqery this is a great way to perfect the programming/mech so that you can eventually make us a RPG based pin....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3376 2 years ago

Thanks for clarifying Dwight, this was posted several pages back by me after I discussed it with you but for some reason there are no key posts in this thread which continues to make it hard for people to find the relevant answers.

Once you know the above info it makes the button a great tool and it’s perfectly executed.

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Whatever the topper is it would be super cool if there was a mode integrated with it (like AIQ) to make the $$$ justified and also just because a topper mode is epic

#3378 2 years ago

Mando has arrived! Premium build date 12/30/21.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3379 2 years ago

I am wanting to rip out the useless reader in Mando Premium and put in my BKSOR LE. Does anyone know where I can get an apron decal to cover up where the reader currently is?

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I am wanting to rip out the useless reader in Mando Premium and put in my BKSOR LE. Does anyone know where I can get an apron decal to cover up where the reader currently is?

https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizaprons-pinball-apron-art/products/the-mandalorian-le-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

#3381 2 years ago

I have a set of cliffys for mando that i wont be using if anyone needs a set pm me.
****Gone

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

If you’re not using a bill acceptor, you may want to use the modification that allows you to mount the QR reader in the bill acceptor panel. That’s what I would do. It looks very slick.

#3384 2 years ago

Finally some code to adjust the grogu magnet! Still no insider connect, however.

#3385 2 years ago

LE/PREMIUM V1.02 - JANUARY 20, 2022
===================================
FIXED:
- Heal from THE CHILD will now light properly
- PRO - The top post will now divert the ball correctly on a left orbit when
The Child is lit.
- Falling into the mini-playfield will no longer start YOU HAVE WHAT I WANT.
- (PREM/LE) - FORCE QUIT will now kill the held flipper in YOU HAVE WHAT I
WANT.
- You can no longer start a multiplayer game when playing a challenge mode.
- You can no longer buy RAZOR CREST from the Foundry if the next Razor Crest
Award is the Hurry-Up. Also you can buy it if Razor Crest is not enabled.
- Fixed the Scope feature. Scope is disabled after you have completed 3. It
is reenabled after you have completed THIS IS THE WAY

NEW:
- (PREM/LE) - Added 2 adjustments to tweak the magnet pulse lengths:
- MAGNET - 1ST FIRE TIME MS - How long the first pulse length will be to
pull the ball back after the first release - defaults to 100.
- MAGNET - 2ND+ FIRE TIME MS - How long subsequent pulse lengths will be
to pull the ball back after the first release - defaults to 100.

TWEAKED:
- Bonus Level of ENCOUNTERS will now start with 2.5M points.
- Slightly increased the scores for the bonus level targets.
- (PREM/LE) - The up-down scoop will now come down during TRY TO ESCAPE if
the u-turn is still one of the shots that may allow for an escape.
- Added sounds for when the timer of TRY TO ESCAPE is timing out.
- You can now buy HEAL from the Foundry even if you have one of the outlanes
lit already.

MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.03 -
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.83.0

#3386 2 years ago

Playing my pro last night, noted a possible bug.

If I get tilt, and go to restart game (left flipper and start button) the tilt animation will finish and stay on screen until I reboot.

#3387 2 years ago

Joined the club, just in time for new code day!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3388 2 years ago

Anyone know what this refers to? In the sense of you have achieved it..?

(PREM/LE) - FORCE QUIT will now kill the held flipper in YOU HAVE WHAT I
WANT.

#3389 2 years ago

so the new code does NOT include insider connected?

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Probably still in licensing hell along with the topper! Downloading new code as we speak.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Correct. Still not enabled due to licensor approval.

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

If you’re not using a bill acceptor, you may want to use the modification that allows you to mount the QR reader in the bill acceptor panel. That’s what I would do. It looks very slick.

This really doesn't help with the issue. If I take out the QR reader the right side of the apron will not have a decal or anything else for that matter.

#3393 2 years ago

So is there any way to make the left ranp more forgiving? It rattles around for me so much. And im not very good at backhanding either.

#3394 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So is there any way to make the left ranp more forgiving? It rattles around for me so much. And im not very good at backhanding either.

I feel like when I put in the Cliffys it had a little play, you might loosen the entry screws, spread the ramp, tighten and see if you can gain a few mils.

Otherwise keep working on the backhand, it took me awhile but I got there eventually

#3395 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I feel like when I put in the Cliffys it had a little play, you might loosen the entry screws, spread the ramp, tighten and see if you can gain a few mils.
Otherwise keep working on the backhand, it took me awhile but I got there eventually

I have the cliffys but havent put them on yet. I figured since mine was a new build in december maybe they fixed the ramp issue. I was also thinking of putting smaller post rubbers on there

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Make sure you have the correct spacers on the ramp entrance those can either improve or screw up your ramp, it seems to depend on the game itself but worth experimenting with.

#3397 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have the cliffys but havent put them on yet. I figured since mine was a new build in december maybe they fixed the ramp issue. I was also thinking of putting smaller post rubbers on there

Interesting idea. How much smaller/thinner can you go then the stock sterns? I know titan has tapered post rubbers that can be mounted upside down which may be an idea

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Make sure you have the correct spacers on the ramp entrance those can either improve or screw up your ramp, it seems to depend on the game itself but worth experimenting with.

J85M Can you clarify what you mean by spacer?

mbrave77 My pro was a late November build and the ramp I think still has the same design when I compare it to some of the old pics in this thread

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I did put the Cliffy ramp protectors in and would strongly recommend them. The left ramp is a lot more solid with cliffys. I was really surprised about the difference. The original style with these simple screws through the plastic won't last long. The ramp is not secured in the playfield...

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

J85M Can you clarify what you mean by spacer?
mbrave77 My pro was a late November build and the ramp I think still has the same design when I compare it to some of the old pics in this thread

I can’t find a pic on my phone and I am currently at work. Basically at the ramp flap there are two screws that go into the posts (the metal ramp protectors are attached here too) the game should have the black post rubbers plus a black plastic spacer on top of each one.

That’s the factory set up make sure they are on your ramp, however the occasional game works better with out them or without one of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/68?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.