Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 157.
#3251 2 years ago

Smashed out my best challenge mode score yet - finally breaking the 300M barrier that's eluded me for so long.

New target is 400M

mando_challenge_mode_highscore (resized).pngmando_challenge_mode_highscore (resized).png

#3252 2 years ago

Could use some help from the group cause I'm still not feeling this pin.

I have had the pro one month and am perfectly happy with only going pro. But... so far the pin seems pretty grindy. Get multiball ready, start mission, maybe get a encounter going -> rinse- > repeat.

I find the L ramp to reject a lot, mostly have to trap up and backhand from the L flipper. I even checked that the cliffy I installed wasn't blocking the shot somehow. The difficulty would be fine but it seems to be a fairly critical shot for the ruleset. Hitting it on the fly is difficult and I read on here about how flowy the game is regarding the ramps but I don't get that without a lot of risk of loss of control and draining.

The razor crest hurry up seems to just end unceremoniously and I'm never sure if I got it or not.

I also can't get a hold on the scoring and multipliers. One game I'll do very little and kill it scoring the next I get a extended ball and nothing out of it. With my other pins there's a clear objective that moves the story forward and associated with that the score goes up.

Bahh, sorry to vent but frustrated because I was wanting this pin in my collection for awhile until some other pins I want can get made in late 2022.

What am I missing? Help me Obi Wan owners, you're my only hope...

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I find the L ramp to reject a lot, mostly have to trap up and backhand from the L flipper. I even checked that the cliffy I installed wasn't blocking the shot somehow. The difficulty would be fine but it seems to be a fairly critical shot for the ruleset. Hitting it on the fly is difficult and I read on here about how flowy the game is regarding the ramps but I don't get that without a lot of risk of loss of control and draining.

I agree 100% with this. That left ramp really needs a precise shot to make it up and around. It is easier for me to backhand as well. When the game flows...it flows (when you make a few good shots in a row). Sometimes though it can get kinda clunky. Nothing more unsatisfying than thinking you hit a ramp shot and it rattles back down. Same thing with my SW Pro left ramp from the right flipper...clunk! Can be frustrating. But man the one amazing game I may have every few dozen games reminds me why I love these games! This is why variety is important in a collection. Need some easier, more forgiving, shallower games to balance out these tough, deep, new Sterns.

#3254 2 years ago

Speaking of the heal award bug, a "Double heal" feature would be great, by cumulating the one awarded by Grogu and the one in the foundry, for example. The two outlanes would be then protected. The first side drain would unlit one heal insert, then we would have to use the flipper buttons to move the protection of the last heal insert.

This would help the nasty side drains.

#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

The razor crest hurry up seems to just end unceremoniously and I'm never sure if I got it or not.

I've been thinking the same. Would be nice with more of a moment there.

About the game being grindy I think it is like most pins, with different missions and goals. Maybe not a clear story line but the individual challenges are really good IMO, especially thanks to the amazing video integration.

#3256 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the 10pc plastic protectors and did you need to get longer screws to accommodate a secure fit? What best sites have the protectors and colors to choose from? Thx

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Mando Pro, trying my best to love this pin but man....hitting right orbit, as it comes back around off the left orbit lane to feed left flipper, it is hitting the rail/ball guide at last minute and redirecting sdtm. This is maddening! Tried leveling it to offset but it is a noticeable "lateral bump" as it rolls along the metal guide. Anyone else having this issue and is there a way to move the ball guide/rail back some? Pic shows around about where it hits and rolls off line. thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Common issue. The left silver guide rail works its way in, and so hits the post and you get STDM. Remove the top plastic (2 screws, 1 nut), this will expose a nut for the left silver guide rail. Loosen the nut, move the rail so's its further out than the post, and tighten. You should be good after this. I've had to do mine 3 times now.

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Has anyone installed the 10pc plastic protectors and did you need to get longer screws to accommodate a secure fit? What best sites have the protectors and colors to choose from? Thx

With the translucent protectors, you don't need the longer screws, but I know the colored protectors are a bit thicker.

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

With the translucent protectors, you don't need the longer screws, but I know the colored protectors are a bit thicker.

Do you have a link to where I may buy them? Thx

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Speaking of the heal award bug, a "Double heal" feature would be great, by cumulating the one awarded by Grogu and the one in the foundry, for example. The two outlanes would be then protected. The first side drain would unlit one heal insert, then we would have to use the flipper buttons to move the protection of the last heal insert.
This would help the nasty side drains.

Agree mate, I have spoke to Dwight and mentioned it more than once that having the ability to “power up” items in the foundry would be fantastic.

Buying more than one heal to light both outlanes, buying a second flame thrower without using your first gives you 4x, buying more whistling birds - first purchase gives you 1 shot, 2nd giving you 3 and 3rd purchase 5 shots kinda like the ability in deadpool powering up booms to super booms.

Would just add a lot of strategy to the whole Beskar/foundry system.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agree mate, I have spoke to Dwight and mentioned it more than once that having the ability to “power up” items in the foundry would be fantastic.
Buying more than one heal to light both outlanes, buying a second flame thrower without using your first gives you 4x, buying more whistling birds - first purchase gives you 1 shot, 2nd giving you 3 and 3rd purchase 5 shots kinda like the ability in deadpool powering up booms to super booms.

A

Quoted from J85M:

I agree for everything except for flame thrower. Instead of boosting x4 I think just put a "2" over the icon to show we have 2 remaining flame thrower that we have to use at 2 differents times (or back to back)

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

A

I agree for everything except for flame thrower. Instead of boosting x4 I think just put a "2" over the icon to show we have 2 remaining flame thrower that we have to use at 2 differents times (or back to back)

I was taking into account making upgrades expensive so the risk is to play for more Beskar adding a lot more risk the longer you play the more Beskar you need, but you get big rewards for doing so.

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This kid gets everywhere!
Decided as much as I liked him in the shooter lane this was the better position, had him sat in a box so thought I’d use him in my Mando.

Where did you get him?

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You're absolutly right, it would be awesome.

Speaking of foundry, when choosing the question mark, the random pick animation doesn't stop on the right item. It doesn't correspond to the item finally awarded after the zoom, on the center of the screen.

#3266 2 years ago

Hey all, just got a Mando at our location and installed the most recent code update. When I hit the flippers some score is awarded…in switch test I can see that the “10pt switch” is activated when I hit the flippers. What IS that switch?!? Also…along with the additional points the game is automatically awarding Beskar for each flip. I’m not sure what even triggers that as I’ve not really played the game yet. Any help is appreciated

00CE6604-F885-4444-B84D-B02BBD1EA617 (resized).png00CE6604-F885-4444-B84D-B02BBD1EA617 (resized).png

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey all, just got a Mando at our location and installed the most recent code update. When I hit the flippers some score is awarded…in switch test I can see that the “10pt switch” is activated when I hit the flippers. What IS that switch?!? Also…along with the additional points the game is automatically awarding Beskar for each flip. I’m not sure what even triggers that as I’ve not really played the game yet. Any help is appreciated
[quoted image]

It's the switch behind the scoop, between the two pop bumpers (numbered 40 on the schema). The leafs should be too close.
Screenshot_20220109-224241_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-224241_Drive (resized).jpg

#3268 2 years ago

Thanks! So after fixing that my encounter mech is not raising high enough to release the ball. Can someone point me in the direction of a fix for that? Quite problematic this thing, not sure I’ve ever had so many issues right out of the box.

Quoted from Peanuts:

It's the switch behind the scope, between the two pop bumpers (numbered 40 on the schema). The leafs should be too close.[quoted image]

#3269 2 years ago

I got my game setup. Put washer on the right side of the right u turn (prem) to protect the clear coat. This ramp used to be really smooth. The ball seems to jump and hit the plastic cover now on most all shots up that right ramp. I realize the washer install tweaked things but curious if anyone has experience dialing this ramp in. With just the 2 bolts for the guide, and just the 2 bolts on the top for the plastic ramp to secure...I'm curious if I'm missing something that may move moved more than intended.

#3270 2 years ago

I know I keep saying it, but this game is brutal. Is it just my setup? I dont hear anyone talking about this. Unusually brutal for such a mainstream accessible theme.

Close and mostly narrow shots. Hungry outlanes. You miss a shot and it's full on survival mode. The upper PF is also brutal with those full sized flippers. There's mostly nowhere to hide anywhere on the playfield. Even in multiball you cant relax.

But as with most brutal games, when you put a good game up it 's soooooo rewarding. Might take 10 shit games to get there. Reminds me a bit of TNA in that sense - which I loved and miss alot. This might fill that gap for me.

Jury still out, but I keep coming back to it like a drug. I have a sense there's greatness in there somewhere - I just need to keep the ball alive long enough to find it.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know I keep saying it, but this game is brutal. Is it just my setup? I dont hear anyone talking about this. Unusually brutal for such a mainstream accessible theme.
Close and mostly narrow shots. Hungry outlanes. You miss a shot and it's full on survival mode. The upper PF is also brutal with those full sized flippers. There's mostly nowhere to hide anywhere. Even in multiball you cant relax.
But as with most brutal games, when you put a good game up it 's soooooo rewarding. Might take 10 shit games to get there. Reminds me a bit of TNA in that sense - which I loved and miss alot. This might fill that gap for me.
Jury still out, but I keep coming back to it like a drug. I have a sense there's greatness in there somewhere - I just need to keep the ball alive long enough to find it.

I agree. This game is super tough just like Stern Star Wars. This pin's shots are so close to the flippers compared to Star Wars though, so missed shots are punished swiftly. With both games I may play 1 game and it's great or I may play for 2 hours and every game is shit...lol. When you don't get to see all of a game, every game, it will take much longer to tire of it.

#3272 2 years ago

Anyone have a quick and dirty explanation of playfield multipliers? How to maximize them for a mission/multiball stack.

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone have a quick and dirty explanation of playfield multipliers? How to maximize them for a mission/multiball stack.

Have mission and razorcrest mb ready, then aim for Hunter immediately as it’s the hardest multiplier out of the 3, get that running then bobas multiplier then go for scope as you have the other 2 multipliers running for a nice boost towards scope.

Go straight into a mission now all 3 are running, soon as the mission starts, your first shot should be to the razorcrest to start multi-ball, activate the flamethrower and go for mode conpletion and all mb shots for the super.

Repeat before going into razorcrest hurry up as the multipliers add shots to the hurry up as well as multiply your score.

For the biggest scores at least in my experience it’s basically repeating the multiplier process before starting modes and multiballs/hurry ups.

#3274 2 years ago

A few more tweaks but happy with how these look, had these lying around in boxes so thought I would finally put them too use.

221D44E0-A304-46C4-9A98-65D67B9AD597 (resized).jpeg221D44E0-A304-46C4-9A98-65D67B9AD597 (resized).jpeg406F87FD-FB49-494E-B5DA-C7E3614EF143 (resized).jpeg406F87FD-FB49-494E-B5DA-C7E3614EF143 (resized).jpeg450D840D-D8BD-4B80-B8A7-EE2474917884 (resized).jpeg450D840D-D8BD-4B80-B8A7-EE2474917884 (resized).jpeg69F7BCFC-8BD3-4E72-B408-334BE7BCB42C (resized).jpeg69F7BCFC-8BD3-4E72-B408-334BE7BCB42C (resized).jpegFD9FF0DC-F1FA-4B7C-8AC4-260DB711D9EB (resized).jpegFD9FF0DC-F1FA-4B7C-8AC4-260DB711D9EB (resized).jpeg
#3275 2 years ago

My Mando Pro will be here tomorrow, excited to get some time on it.
I have played a few games on location but struggled to get into a rhythm.

Ordered Logans wireforms too.

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A few more tweaks but happy with how these look, had these lying around in boxes so thought I would finally put them too use.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great man! where did you get the mod that sits on top of the scoop? i've seen that in a few pics but can't seem to locate who is selling it. thanks in advance.

#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

looks great man! where did you get the mod that sits on top of the scoop? i've seen that in a few pics but can't seem to locate who is selling it. thanks in advance.

T diddy in Ohio

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1912-diddy-s-pinball-mods

#3278 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

It’s Tdiddy mods linked above.

#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Close and mostly narrow shots. Hungry outlanes. You miss a shot and it's full on survival mode. The upper PF is also brutal with those full sized flippers. There's mostly nowhere to hide anywhere on the playfield. Even in multiball you cant relax.

I once combo'd phase 1 of the challange mode straight off the plunge, that was pretty amazing. I lowered the power on the slings a bit and moved the outlane posts down.....for the kids it seems like every game has one ball that's a clunker ya know "not your best work".

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My Mando Pro will be here tomorrow, excited to get some time on it.
I have played a few games on location but struggled to get into a rhythm.
Ordered Logans wireforms too.

It's a really good Pro model IMHO. Really liking mine!

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A few more tweaks but happy with how these look, had these lying around in boxes so thought I would finally put them too use

what about helmets and grogu ? they look great ! where are they coming from ?

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

what about helmets and grogu ? they look great ! where are they coming from ?

Those are from Hot Toys 1/6 scale Mandalorian figures TMS007 and TMS015, they are not cheap, I collect Hot Toys so know a lot of people in the hobby and was able to get a couple of Remnant Trooper helmets on spikes off of them.

The Remnant Stormtrooper helmets on the spikes in the show was one of my favourite visual touches from the first series so I had to get a couple and incorporate them into the game. The spikes bases fit perfectly into the outlane holes in the playfield.

The little grogu at the out hole between the flippers is magnetic and is just there to make my kids smile as they love Grogu (baby yoda) plus it looks kinda cool hanging onto the apron between the flippers, not often something fits in that area and my kids think it’s amazing and it makes them play more so it’s a win win

#3284 2 years ago

Ah Hot Toys and the Mandalorian. I started with the awesome speeder bike, and now I have a new expensive hobby

IMG-20211205-WA0007 (resized).jpegIMG-20211205-WA0007 (resized).jpegimage-23-12-2021_15-13-51-59 (resized).jpgimage-23-12-2021_15-13-51-59 (resized).jpg
#3285 2 years ago

Nice PeterG i collect mainly MCU Hot Toys, the Ironman armours are stunning.

I managed to get the Mando Stormtrooper helmets on spikes and the Grogu from fellow collectors.

#3286 2 years ago

Hi guys, curious if I am the only one to think the Scope with the Left Scoop/U-Turn should be improved? Actually the rule says this :

• Left Scoop/U-Turn - will try to give two pieces of equipment. If it cannot, you will receive points.

In the scenario where you don't have any items yet, everytime you get this award, you ALWAYS receive Flamethrower + Wristling Birds.
It would be nice if the awards given were totally random instead.. What do you think?

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Damn. Can anyone else confirm if they have video transition lag (play an encounter,drain during bonus,go right back into encounter...the bonus screen is still shown for several seconds while playing next level of encounter). I was going to download 0.98. If nobody else has a problem maybe I should try 1.0 a 3rd time? It takes so damn long to download the updates...lol.

Did you ever get this solved? I just updated my pro to 1.01 and there is definitely lag in the video now.

#3288 2 years ago

My Mando Premium just came available! There's hope and rebellions are built on hope.

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

My Mando Premium just came available! There's hope and rebellions are built on hope.

Cool, let us aspiring owners know what the build date is when you get it.

#3290 2 years ago

So my premium came today(day 1 order) which is great. However the flippers all came terrible off alignment. I got the bottom one done easy enough but the upper playfield flippers are way off. I guess I need to remove the upper playfield to do this? Side noite my build date is 12/30 for anyone interested

20220112_182436839_iOS (resized).jpg20220112_182436839_iOS (resized).jpg

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So my premium came today(day 1 order) which is great. However the flippers all came terrible off alignment. I got the bottom one done easy enough but the upper playfield flippers are way off. I guess I need to remove the upper playfield to do this? Side noite my build date is 12/30 for anyone interested

That's how the upper flippers are on my LE. With the little holes above the flipper. I think it's probably intentional. I've played other copies and didn't notice a difference from mine.

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

That's how the upper flippers are on my LE. With the little holes above the flipper. I think it's probably intentional. I've played other copies and didn't notice a difference from mine.

I was REALLY hoping someone said this thank you sir! hehe. I didnt want to have to take off the upper playfield on day 1. Is taking the glass off really easy to change rubbers? Im assuming its a couple screws? Havent been able to check I just took a break from work to unbox it quickly(and fix bottom flipper)

#3293 2 years ago

I haven't changed any of the rubber bands yet. But the upper flipper rubbers do look easy to change.

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

[quoted image]

You might be able to remove the plexi cover and move them by hand if the flippers are not locked in place super tight. But how does it play? If it plays great leave it for now, it won’t be long until you probably replace the coil stops anyway.

#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Did you ever get this solved? I just updated my pro to 1.01 and there is definitely lag in the video now.

No but a few people have mentioned it know so I hope Dwight is aware. The Child award screen hangs around way too long now to. And the uppost doesn't work as it should on it's default setting. I'm sure Dwight will get it all fixed. Xaqery

#3296 2 years ago

My pro came today. Dec 4th build has Insider connected on it.

Subwoofer sound is garbled with terrible distortion.
I can press on the woofer cone and noise goes away.

I'm 99% sure it just needs a new sub but let me know if I'm missing something. I've had 10 or so spike 2 games none had this noise.
I have sub unplugged for now.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Mine are the same way also, below the little holes.

#3298 2 years ago

Just installed the side armor on my premium that came today. The armor has been
Here months waiting. Man i like how it looks. Dont get it on most games but had to have it on this one.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just installed the side armor on my premium that came today. The armor has been
Here months waiting. Man i like how it looks. Dont get it on most games but had to have it on this one.

I have an LE and love the art and armour but this the first pin where the Premium with Stern side rails is equally as good! Those rails are awesome!

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have an LE and love the art and armour but this the first pin where the Premium with Stern side rails is equally as good! Those rails are awesome!

Yea Mando and Avengers I thought the premium optional side armor is better which is not often. I have a RUSH LE coming and that side armour is awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 22.95
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/66?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.