IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 156.
#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone else finding this game to be particularly brutal? The shots are so close and tight, bricks go right to the outlanes. The slings too are like magnets for the outlanes, even when I turn them down. I know I need to play better, but it’s really hard to string good games together, few and far between. Contemplating moving the outlane posts in a bit. I think my high score is around 500 mil, but most games are under 100 mil. My best games are when I can combine a mb with the missions.
Curious if others have a similar experience.

This is the way.

Edit: closed my inlanes last night and game is still brutal, bloody love it though!

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone else finding this game to be particularly brutal? The shots are so close and tight, bricks go right to the outlanes. The slings too are like magnets for the outlanes, even when I turn them down. I know I need to play better, but it’s really hard to string good games together, few and far between. Contemplating moving the outlane posts in a bit. I think my high score is around 500 mil, but most games are under 100 mil. My best games are when I can combine a mb with the missions.

Yes sling to left outlane was brutal, I lowered both. I also use a generous ball save. What's the point of owning a game if you don't mess with a few settings

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You notice the video/audio transition lag? Especially in Encounters and Foundry.

No lag and I just double confirmed that I can get a super skill shot with the child lit.

#2904 2 years ago

Yeah, finally received my Mando pro my first NIB!
Unboxing it actually. I faced a first issue that I fixed. Now I see another one. look at the flipper of my mini playfield?
The flipper position is definitely wrong.
No QA at Stern?

20211211_113620 (resized).jpg20211211_113620 (resized).jpg

#2905 2 years ago

Updated the code and reduced the slings to 10 yesterday. I enjoyed the game more than I have been with those changes. I must admit, I feel a little like I'm cheating with the slings that low. I'm not a very experienced player and was tired of so many stdm drains. I was also considering removing the tilt, but not sure if that would be overboard or make the game too easy. Thoughts?

The new code feels much more polished. Do I need or mess with any post settings after installing?

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Yeah, finally received my Mando pro my first NIB!
Unboxing it actually. I faced a first issue that I fixed. Now I see another one. look at the flipper of my mini playfield?
The flipper position is definitely wrong.
No QA at Stern?
[quoted image]

Congratulations on the first NIB, there’s nothing quite like that NIB smell.

Yeah that flipper is a little out so say the least, 2 pros I have played have had their flippers in the position of the red arrow and played great!

2439D4D4-4B4D-4FB2-8DDA-A81D64232019 (resized).jpeg2439D4D4-4B4D-4FB2-8DDA-A81D64232019 (resized).jpeg
#2907 2 years ago

Is anyone getting the gate under grogu get into a wierd state and balls getting stuck behind it?

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

No lag and I just double confirmed that I can get a super skill shot with the child lit.

Damn. Can anyone else confirm if they have video transition lag (play an encounter,drain during bonus,go right back into encounter...the bonus screen is still shown for several seconds while playing next level of encounter). I was going to download 0.98. If nobody else has a problem maybe I should try 1.0 a 3rd time? It takes so damn long to download the updates...lol.

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Is anyone getting the gate under grogu get into a wierd state and balls getting stuck behind it?

Balls get stuck under the coil for the encounter ramp when it's active...If you are talking about the gate on the exit to the far left ramp I have not had a ball get stuck there. They like to come out and smash my flasher plastic though...

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Which one Neil the MB gate? Or the coil that drives the encounter diverter under the left ramp?

If it’s the MB controlled gate mate, check for a tiny screw or washer if you have had your playfield up recently, I had this issue out the box. If not then it could be your moving grogu mod sometimes his cloak can catch in the gate.

If it’s the encounter diverter I believe it’s balls being magnetised to it, I haven’t looked at a fix as I haven’t had the issue yet, but I have spoke to others with the problem.

#2911 2 years ago

Well, I was told by my distributor that my Mando Premium build got bumped to next year. Very disappointing news.

But sometimes things work out. Literally days later a Mando LE pops up 20 mins from my house, only 100 plays and at a very reasonable price.

Happy to say, she is home.

E7FD51BC-7C1B-44B4-8F30-42EA46D0AB11 (resized).jpegE7FD51BC-7C1B-44B4-8F30-42EA46D0AB11 (resized).jpeg
#2912 2 years ago

I saw a weird but today where the first encounter showed the wrong video .. it was IG 11 and not boba

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Well, I was told by my distributor that my Mando Premium build got bumped to next year. Very disappointing news.
But sometimes things work out. Literally days later a Mando LE pops up 20 mins from my house, only 100 plays and at a very reasonable price.
Happy to say, she is home.
[quoted image]

Thats great luck! Whos your distributor? Im still expecting my premium this month. Wonder if that means all premiums are bumped until next year or the run was just short of expectations

#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

As stated earlier in this thread, I closed the outlanes and makes a big difference to minimize the sling to the side wall and drain down the outlane. Post rejections still get to the outlanes though.

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

As stated earlier in this thread, I closed the outlanes and makes a big difference to minimize the sling to the side wall and drain down the outlane. Post rejections still get to the outlanes though.

Totally agree as to how brutal this game can be, I bang a lot of bricks off the posts and I can live with most of them. I just chalk it up to my poor shooting skills. However, the death shot for me is the 2x rampTarget just to the left of the right ramp.(I have a pro) I've had more solid bounces off that, that result in air balls deep into the right outlane or back into the shooter lane(honestly, I'm okay with back into the shooter lane). Can anyone suggest a tweak or adjustment to that Target, maybe a piece of foam or felt back there to deaden the blow. I plan on installing diddys trooper heads on Spike mod along the plastic between the outlane and shooter Lane and I'm a little hesitant, as that may block some of the air balls on their way to the shooter Lane and knock them back to the outlane. Hell it's tough enough as it is. Still loving this game though!

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I saw a weird but today where the first encounter showed the wrong video .. it was IG 11 and not boba

This has happened to me intermittently with every code including 1.0. It has happened in cooperative mode more often than standard mode but I’m pretty sure I was in standard mode yesterday when it happened.

#2917 2 years ago

Finally installed my AceJedi Child mod and my Loganpinball ramps on my Pro…

38106CA4-7B87-4855-B83D-B4EEB36D6C0F (resized).jpeg38106CA4-7B87-4855-B83D-B4EEB36D6C0F (resized).jpeg

Big thanks to both those guys for making some kick ass mods.

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes. Closing outlanes helps. It stops some of the sling to side wall and dribble down the outlane drains but more importantly when the ball hits the top of the sling it doesn't just hit the outlane post and rebound into the outlane anymore. Lots of SDTM from the U-turn off the right side ball guide though. The game is a brutal but we enjoy the challenge.

#2919 2 years ago

Yes. Closing outlanes helps. It stops some of the sling to side wall and dribble down the outlane drains but more importantly when the ball hits the top of the sling it doesn't just hit the outlane post and rebound into the outlane anymore. Lots of SDTM from the U-turn off the right side ball guide though. The game is a brutal but we enjoy the challenge.

KOZ you shouldn’t be getting regular SDTM drains off that u-turn. My game is perfectly level and I have only had maybe 1 or 2 max.

Check your levels and if your still having issue put a small rubber on the exit of the u-turn it will disrupt the exit just enough to correct its speed and trajectory - not done this on my game but it’s worked on my mates pro.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

KOZ you shouldn’t be getting regular SDTM drains off that u-turn. My game is perfectly level and I have only had maybe 1 or 2 max.
Check your levels and if your still having issue put a small rubber on the exit of the u-turn it will disrupt the exit just enough to correct its speed and trajectory - not done this on my game but it’s worked on my mates pro.

Out of interest what's the power on your flippers set to? I'll still trying to figure out the best settings (mines currently set to 200[L] 210[R], mini-flippers left alone).

I tried starting at the very lowest power and have been working their way up.
If I want to be able to hit the main ramp from both flippers but my power still seems too high for the u-turn. Where did you put the rubber on the exit? At the top on the inside of the 'roof'?

#2921 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Finally installed my AceJedi Child mod and my Loganpinball ramps on my Pro…
[quoted image]
Big thanks to both those guys for making some kick ass mods.

I assume it's the moving Grogu? Did you install the relay to change speed of movement?

#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:Out of interest what's the power on your flippers set to? I'll still trying to figure out the best settings (mines currently set to 200[L] 210[R], mini-flippers left alone).

I have my flippers at default power 255. I tried 225 and 240. The right ramp is much easier for me to backhand at 255 so that's where I have them. Actually all the shots are easier and just feel better at default flipper power. I may have had 2 or 3 sdtm ever from the uturn. What's more common is a real hard shot to the uturn will sometimes miss the switch all together. Probably rides up the wall a bit and skims over the switch.

#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I had this also on the Encounter mode "Protect the Child" with code 1.00.0. The mode began with Bobba (S02E14) and continued with IG-11 (S01E08) on the next level . You are right, there's a mixed up with the videos of the Encounter mode "Escape to the sewer".

#2924 2 years ago

What Mando version did you put the protector on? Make sure you have the correct protector, if getting from playfield-protectors. The earlier ones were ill fitting and changed after I mentioned it to them. Did you install the mini playfield protector? There's a frequent hangup where the ball stops before getting on the mini playfield due to the protector edge. There's also a hang up on the ball guide behind the foundry. If you have the earlier protector the right orbit in the back of the mini playfield is not fully covered and a weak plunge will result in a ball hung from the protector edge trapping it. The earlier one was way off in the drain hole area as well but no ball hang up there, just required separate protection with mylar and a Cliffy.

Great call outs! I have the LE. I haven’t noticed anything yet and I put a decent amount of play on it last night. I’ll inspect those areas.

#2925 2 years ago

That's really strange...can't be intentional. Can anyone verify if they can do Super Skill shot with Grogu lit? To be clear if Grogu is lit and I don't hold left flipper button on plunge the post will come up...

Yes this is an undocumented change in 1.0 - super skill shot can now be done when the child is lit. Remember you still need to hold the flipper down until the ball hits the spinner.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 2 years ago

Installed speaker lights, loganpinballs ramps, art blades and shooter on my pro. Loving it so far.

PXL_20211212_185640130 (resized).jpgPXL_20211212_185640130 (resized).jpg
#2927 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Installed speaker lights, loganpinballs ramps, art blades and shooter on my pro. Loving it so far.
[quoted image]

Just got my shooter rod in today. Does yours feel smooth? Mine feels a little..clunky. Wondering if some wd40 or oil would help.

#2928 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:Installed speaker lights, loganpinballs ramps, art blades and shooter on my pro. Loving it so far.
[quoted image]

That pro is looking sweet, and Logan's rails are a game changer, you're going to dig those,I've had mine on since day one back in August.

#2929 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Just got my shooter rod in today. Does yours feel smooth? Mine feels a little..clunky. Wondering if some wd40 or oil would help.

I started making my own(if anyone needs one !) , I found that these shooter housings are a little tight. You can use a small file, or one run of a 3/8 drill bit and it should lossen up.

#2930 2 years ago

<eels a little tight but nothing terrible.
blockquote cite="#6653706">Just got my shooter rod in today. Does yours feel smooth? Mine feels a little..clunky. Wondering if some wd40 or oil would help.

F

#2931 2 years ago

What is the best rules/tutorial video out there?

I've found a few, but trying to find one that explains it succinctly like those amazing PAPA videos. Bowen, we need you!

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I've found a few, but trying to find one that explains it succinctly like those amazing PAPA videos. Bowen, we need you!

Light the playfield multipliers and shoot the center razorcrest shot until your arms fall off.

#2933 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I like this one very much:

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Light the playfield multipliers and shoot the center razorcrest shot until your arms fall off.

Half way there. My best scores have come from multipliers lit, mission and encounter both ready, scope ready and then start a mission followed by razorcrest multiball, shoot the main ramp to get into the upper playfield play both at the same time at some point scope comes while multipliers are still running for big points.

I love the fact the best games in Mando at least score wise seem to come from organised chaos it’s an absolute blast!!

#2935 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread.

On the pro, the ball is really difficult to hit in the upper playfield because of the single flipper. It usually just drops down.

Is there an adjustment I can make to where the ball makes better contact with the flipper?

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread.
On the pro, the ball is really difficult to hit in the upper playfield because of the single flipper. It usually just drops down.
Is there an adjustment I can make to where the ball makes better contact with the flipper?

Nudge the game as it comes down that rubber guide. Move the post on the rubber guide on the left to close off the drain up there as much as possible. Put a bouncier rubber or thicker rubber up there to help bounce the ball to the upper flipper.

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nudge the game as it comes down that rubber guide. Move the post on the rubber guide on the left to close off the drain up there as much as possible. Put a bouncier rubber or thicker rubber up there to help bounce the ball to the upper flipper.

Thank you....I will!

#2938 2 years ago

Regarding washers on the Uturn. I put mine on rough side down and they started to mark up the clear. I flipped them over today. When I did I noticed the u turn was not tightened down and therefore the back of it was resting on the playfield. I think this was at least part of the reason sometimes shot would not register on this shot for me. The ball would ride up the guide some. Well while I was under the playfield I adjusted that switch so it's extremely sensitive (there was a fair amount of play before). I had time to play about 4 games and intentionally went for that shot the whole time. Every single shot registered. Whereas last night for example, 3 shots in a row did not! Hopefully that took care of it.

#2939 2 years ago

I uploaded the new code 1.0 and just wanted to share I think it's a real improvement. Specifically I really think the Ambush mode is great addition. I would like to see more improvements along the same lines. Ambush really feels like I'm doing something besides hitting the same targets x number of times. Nicely done Dwight! I look forward to seeing whats next.

#2940 2 years ago

Where does everyone have their flippers aligned? My L flipper must have been a little loose from the factory and drooped (went flacid?) a few games in. I fixed it but noticed the R flipper upper edge is aligned with the playfield dot. Most of the time the center of the plastic is supposed to align with the dot but occasionally I've heard a few designers that prefer a different position.

Thanks in advance

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Where does everyone have their flippers aligned? My L flipper must have been a little loose from the factory and drooped (went flacid?) a few games in. I fixed it but noticed the R flipper upper edge is aligned with the playfield dot. Most of the time the center of the plastic is supposed to align with the dot but occasionally I've heard a few designers that prefer a different position.
Thanks in advance

My understanding has always been that the dot is king, and the tip of the flipper should shoot an imaginary line straight through the dot/dimple. I think when designers intend for drooped flippers the dots are lowered to indicate that.

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

My understanding has always been that the dot is king, and the tip of the flipper should shoot an imaginary line straight through the dot/dimple. I think when designers intend for drooped flippers the dots are lowered to indicate that.

Ive never aligned flippers before. Anyone have a good video on how to do it?

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive never aligned flippers before. Anyone have a good video on how to do it?

Loosen this with an Allen wrench. Put playfield down and put the flipper on the new desired position. Tighten that set screw back with an Allen wrench. Done.

F0343DDD-3C79-41EC-9978-7CE95BEEEAE0 (resized).jpegF0343DDD-3C79-41EC-9978-7CE95BEEEAE0 (resized).jpeg
#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loosen this with an Allen wrench. Put playfield down and put the flipper on the new desired position. Tighten that set screw back with an Allen wrench. Done.
[quoted image]

My other tip is tighten more than you think, the flipper is at a significant disadvantage holding position when a metal ball hits it on the tip at speed.

#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

Thanks! I guess with rhe main flippers I can just do this pulling out the playfield and doing it from below. Thanks again

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yes, literally 60% of the time it never makes it to the flipper. If you want it to get to the flipper 100% of the time, just remove the small clear plastic where it drops. The ball will kick to the right instead of straight down. Much more enjoyable to play encounters!

#2947 2 years ago

Regarding washers on the Uturn. I put mine on rough side down and they started to mark up the clear. I flipped them over today. When I did I noticed the u turn was not tightened down and therefore the back of it was resting on the playfield. I think this was at least part of the reason sometimes shot would not register on this shot for me. The ball would ride up the guide some.

I always put washers finished side to the top playfield and same for washers under the playfield.

#2948 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yes, literally 60% of the time it never makes it to the flipper. If you want it to get to the flipper 100% of the time, just remove the small clear plastic where it drops. The ball will kick to the right instead of straight down. Much more enjoyable to play encounters!

I'll have to check this out....Thank you!

#2949 2 years ago

Had my first software freeze on 1.0. Went to a complete reboot. Had some other wonkiness but mostly from encounters not detecting the ball is no longer there.

#2950 2 years ago

I always put washers finished side to the top playfield and same for washers under the playfield.

To be clear...finished/smooth side of washer touching the playfield...right? That's how I have mine now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/59?hl=chrislix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.