Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 157.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

With version 1.00, the main music still sometimes continues to play when we enter the foundry.
There is also always, at the end of the encounters modes, the exit post that is raised a few seconds too long.
It's still a great release! Thanks Dwight!

Yep, needs some polish.
Also noticed flippers are sometimes active in foundry...

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

My day one order Pro has arrived!!!! Cant wait to get some time with it. My first Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it means the models produced in november comes with Insidee Connected?
I though it was planned to start in January 2022.

#2853 2 years ago

Surprisingly few key posts with day 1 fixes listed, that's a good thing I suppose!

Did the lifting of the u-turn guide. Mine did have marks on the playfield. What was weird was that the left side already had a washer, right side did not.
Removed top two screws from left ramp protectors while I await cliffy's longer protectors.

Put foam on several places as ball was far too fast and didn't exit cleanly/impacted with something it shouldn't have. Now have smooth flowing shots for the most part.
Diverter end to stop rejects.
left ramp exit (ball kept hitting the flasher plastic instead of the orbit return)
right ramp. far corner, right ramp lower right corner (every second ball would fly off the ramp prior to the wire section and go into slings or drain). Seems like the plastic ramp itself is too shallow for fast balls when it rounds the corner?
End of the metal flip up rail guide, right where the screw joins the two rails. Ball would shoot off the end missing the other wire form completely and into left flipper or drain.

#2854 2 years ago

Gotto reiterated here and hope dwight is listening. There needs to be rules placed in the game that extend upon the 3 main adjectives... once one objective (eg the red) is done you can't just make that whole part of the game finished and it just sits there like a dumb shit until you do the other sections... this is plain poor programming and foresight. I won't bang on about changing the up post again... all I can say is there were more important bugs to fix than changing the up post rules.

anyone thinking this is a quality 1.0 release... well you must be playing a different game to me. This feels more like .95 or a 96 release at best. The fact this is at 1.0 is scary to honest.

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Gotto reiterated here and hope dwight is listening. There needs to be rules placed in the game that extend upon the 3 main adjectives... once one objective (eg the red) is done you can't just make that whole part of the game finished and it just sits there like a dumb shit until you do the other sections... this is plain poor programming and foresight. I won't bang on about changing the up post again... all I can say is there were more important bugs to fix than changing the up post rules.
anyone thinking this is a quality 1.0 release... well you must be playing a different game to me. This feels more like .95 or a 96 release at best. The fact this is at 1.0 is scary to honest.

I don't wanna be harsh cause Dwight is awesome but 0.97 felt way better to me. The video and sound transition lag in 1.0 is really jarring. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it yet. Worth saying again that 1.0 ambush is awesome.

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If the 3 Razor Crest multi balls are completed you can still get the Razor Crest hurry ups I think. If so, isn't that like MM where even though one of the Royal Madness inserts is lit, completing it again (example 3 Joust orbits) lights the castle hurry up award?

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I though it was planned to start in January 2022.

it has the insider connected but its not turned on yet.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Put foam on several places as ball was far too fast and didn't exit cleanly/impacted with something it shouldn't have. left ramp exit (ball kept hitting the flasher plastic instead of the orbit return).

Got some pics?

#2859 2 years ago

my game is super steep so these placements might not work for you.

51DCBDD5-5BD2-4266-A192-47DAB8191BF7 (resized).jpeg51DCBDD5-5BD2-4266-A192-47DAB8191BF7 (resized).jpeg

The one above is slightly higher that the ball so only the bottom corner of the foam actually touches the ball.

The game in which I played after recording I found that I was still getting balls jumping out of the rail when hitting the uturn vertical diverter so I'll still need to figure out a way to slow that down a little. Sucks getting a super jackpot and the ball jumping off the rail into the left out lane :\

75F9C4EC-FB7A-4D11-A8D6-799CE07F5332 (resized).jpeg75F9C4EC-FB7A-4D11-A8D6-799CE07F5332 (resized).jpeg
CB4BC599-5E7C-4796-AD52-40C7D0D6FD04 (resized).jpegCB4BC599-5E7C-4796-AD52-40C7D0D6FD04 (resized).jpeg

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Yes. Mandos are shipping with IC but it it not yet enabled in the code (due to licensor - disney - approval not yet granted)

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

As a guy who works in industrial automation, I gotta say that people generally don't like having blanket criticisms like "poor programming" lobbed at them by their end users. Pinside is fortunate that Dwight even takes the time to read/post here, let's not drive him away by being abrasive.

There's a few other folks in here who put ideas/feedback/critique forward to Dwight respectfully/constructively. Can we stick with that vibe?

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Yes. Mandos are shipping with IC but it it not yet enabled in the code (due to licensor - disney - approval not yet granted)

I noticed the apron on some of those IC-Equipped Mando Pros didn't have any Randy Martinez artwork around the QR reader, that's kind of a bummer. I wonder if that's also due to a lack of licensor approval?

Fingers crossed the prem/LE aprons get a little more artistic flair like Godzilla did. I thought the surrounding artwork on Godzilla looked great.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

As a guy who works in industrial automation, I gotta say that people generally don't like having blanket criticisms like "poor programming" lobbed at them by their end users. Pinside is fortunate that Dwight even takes the time to read/post here, let's not drive him away by being abrasive.
There's a few other folks in here who put ideas/feedback/critique forward to Dwight respectfully/constructively. Can we stick with that vibe?

Dwight deserves all our respect for his work and his attention to users.

#2864 2 years ago

my first pin, got it last night, this is the way! down the rabbit hole i go!

20211209_223723 (resized).jpg20211209_223723 (resized).jpg
#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomdog:

my first pin, got it last night, this is the way! down the rabbit hole i go!
[quoted image]

And already got the speaker lights on there NICE! Have fun man. Highly recommend the animated Grogu mod too it's basically mandatory in my opinion

#2866 2 years ago

Regarding the art blades, first time I ever had factory installed ones. I found a circular piece of it in the cab, must have fallen off while I was moving the playfield. Where the bolts for the backbox hinge are in the cab sides, there is a circular cutout in the art blades. Is that insert supposed to be press fit in to hide the hinge bolt head or is it supposed to be left out? Just wondering if it was left in the cab by mistake at the factory as I cannot find the other one anywhere in the cab, just the one or if I knocked it out while moving the playfield.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Regarding the art blades, first time I ever had factory installed ones. I found a circular piece of it in the cab, must have fallen off while I was moving the playfield. Where the bolts for the backbox hinge are in the cab sides, there is a circular cutout in the art blades. Is that insert supposed to be press fit in to hide the hinge bolt head or is it supposed to be left out? Just wondering if it was left in the cab by mistake at the factory as I cannot find the other one anywhere in the cab, just the one or if I knocked it out while moving the playfield.

It’s just a cut out for the bolt, I throw them away.

#2868 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I noticed the apron on some of those IC-Equipped Mando Pros didn't have any Randy Martinez artwork around the QR reader, that's kind of a bummer. I wonder if that's also due to a lack of licensor approval?

More likely a lack of desire to go back and make new art. Definitely simpler for them to just put the same, original arch on all the new builds of old machines.

Quoted from JStoltz:

Fingers crossed the prem/LE aprons get a little more artistic flair like Godzilla did. I thought the surrounding artwork on Godzilla looked great.

Completely agree, but I wouldn't hold your breath...

#2869 2 years ago

I can't believe that even with the new only when needed setting in place it still stops the ball on a plunge when Grogu is lit. Would make sense if he grabbed the ball but it's just drops to the pops and you miss out on the skill shot. Am I missing something ?

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I can't believe that even with the new only when needed setting in place it still stops the ball on a plunge when Grogu is lit. Would make sense if he grabbed the ball but it's just drops to the pops and you miss out on the skill shot. Am I missing something ?

I can do Super Skill shots all day long now even when Grogu is lit.

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I can do Super Skill shots all day long now even when Grogu is lit.

What setting did your use always down ?

#2872 2 years ago

I finally put my playfield protector on and during the process I noticed a couple of empty plugs labeled C2. Based on their location, could these be for the “second child”? Not to start a rumor, but I always wondered if Stern planned something as an add on. There are additional screw holes behind Grogu as well.

6EF4EFD9-590B-4A38-ACCB-C961B71FC8DE (resized).jpeg6EF4EFD9-590B-4A38-ACCB-C961B71FC8DE (resized).jpegE0E34619-B8DD-405D-9AE9-F7F62878991E (resized).jpegE0E34619-B8DD-405D-9AE9-F7F62878991E (resized).jpeg
#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What setting did your use always down ?

Default settings. Where post is up most often. 1.0

#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hmmm odd , pro or premium

Pro

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Must be different

That's really strange...can't be intentional. Can anyone verify if they can do Super Skill shot with Grogu lit? To be clear if Grogu is lit and I don't hold left flipper button on plunge the post will come up...

#2878 2 years ago

That's really strange...can't be intentional. Can anyone verify if they can do Super Skill shot with Grogu lit? To be clear if Grogu is lit and I don't hold left flipper button on plunge the post will come up...

I can’t figure out the rules of super skill shot at all. It feels like sometimes it works, others it doesn’t. :/

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

[quoted image]

Ya, I'm about to get my Premium next week. I hope it's better, I hate the "commercial" look of that all red IC stickers. With that, might be time for WizardMod to save the day.

https://wizardmod.com/collections/the-mandalorian-star-wars-pinball-mods/products/the-mandalorian-premium-insider-cut-out-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

#2880 2 years ago

Unlees I have something not registering but this was a common complaint as I recall.

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t figure out the rules of super skill shot at all. It feels like sometimes it works, others it doesn’t. :/

I consistently get them. Works like this -

The left flipper must be held before a shot to the U-Turn is made, followed by a right ramp shot and then one of three final shots within 5 seconds per shot. Each final shot gives a different award:
Left scoop - Immediately start a Mission. If Missions are already lit, then one use of Whistling Birds is awarded.

Left ramp - Immediately starts an Encounter. If Encounters are already lit, then one use of Rising Phoenix (Pro) / Jet Pack (Prem / LE) is awarded.

Center ramp - Immediately starts one of the three Razor Crest Multiball modes or a Razor Crest Hurry-Up depending on what feature will be started next. If the feature was already lit, then one use of Amban Rifle is awarded.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I consistently get them

Even when Grogu is lit?

#2883 2 years ago

Even when Grogu is lit?

What do you mean when he is lit? Like when the light for the normal skill shot is hit on the way around the orbit?

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

What do you mean when he is lit? Like when the light for the normal skill shot is hit on the way around the orbit?

When child is lit and post pops up to award child award. You can now do Super skill shot when child is lit. At least I can.

#2885 2 years ago

When child is lit and post pops up to award child award. You can now do Super skill shot when child is lit. At least I can.

I don’t think I’ve notice that yet.

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I consistently get them. Works like this -
The left flipper must be held before a shot to the U-Turn is made, followed by a right ramp shot and then one of three final shots within 5 seconds

If you hold the left flipper and plunge you get the chance for super skill shot every time?

#2887 2 years ago

i believe mando premium should be on the line this coming week right? Or was it just on the line? I was told to expect it this month....

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

If you hold the left flipper and plunge you get the chance for super skill shot every time?

I do with 1.0. Not when I had 0.97. I am going to download 0.98 and see what it's like.

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i believe mando premium should be on the line this coming week right? Or was it just on the line? I was told to expect it this month....

My distributor was told premiums are shipping in 2 weeks. They should be on the line now if that’s true.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My distributor was told premiums are shipping in 2 weeks. They should be on the line now if that’s true

I just got a call from the shipping company to schedule delivery of my premium for Monday of next week. So they’ve at least made some already…

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Prior to 1.0 I do believe I would see the post grab the ball even while holding the left flipper button down. Since 1.0 I haven’t noticed a problem yet. I have a Pro.

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Prior to 1.0 I do believe I would see the post grab the ball even while holding the left flipper button down. Since 1.0 I haven’t noticed a problem yet. I have a Pro.

I feep like this didn't change on the premium ..

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

You notice the video/audio transition lag? Especially in Encounters and Foundry.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I just got a call from the shipping company to schedule delivery of my premium for Monday of next week. So they’ve at least made some already…

Nice. I was a day 1 order so have been waiting some time. My godzilla premium is coming before mando heh

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I finally put my playfield protector on and during the process I noticed a couple of empty plugs labeled C2. Based on their location, could these be for the “second child”? Not to start a rumor, but I always wondered if Stern planned something as an add on. There are additional screw holes behind Grogu as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What Mando version did you put the protector on? Make sure you have the correct protector, if getting from playfield-protectors. The earlier ones were ill fitting and changed after I mentioned it to them. Did you install the mini playfield protector? There's a frequent hangup where the ball stops before getting on the mini playfield due to the protector edge. There's also a hang up on the ball guide behind the foundry. If you have the earlier protector the right orbit in the back of the mini playfield is not fully covered and a weak plunge will result in a ball hung from the protector edge trapping it. The earlier one was way off in the drain hole area as well but no ball hang up there, just required separate protection with mylar and a Cliffy.

#2896 2 years ago

My Mando was having issues with drooping ramps, to the point where they start developing cracks to the stress points. I thought about all kinds of 3D printed solutions, but the final version was a lot simpler: I cut a piece of a post rubber and put that on the topmost slingshot nut. On the left side it aligns perfectly with the ramp, on the right it's not that perfect but it seems to stay there snugly and now the ramps stay where they're supposed to stay.

Another issue seems to be the left ramp entrance opto, the LED side seems to flicker when the board is tapped. I looked at the tiny board with a magnifying glass, but couldn't spot any fractures in the soldering, I can only assume the LED itself is giving up.

1CEF06AF-B7BF-4AB4-8586-F5D65256050A (resized).jpg1CEF06AF-B7BF-4AB4-8586-F5D65256050A (resized).jpgFD93E369-3BA4-4B4B-BC3B-AA960DC0849C (resized).jpgFD93E369-3BA4-4B4B-BC3B-AA960DC0849C (resized).jpg
#2897 2 years ago

Super skill shot: you must hold the left flipper button down prior to plunging and it will keep the post down. It worked on my LE on .97 .98 and 1.0

#2898 2 years ago

I’ve joined the club! Has a build date of Nov 30th and in perfect condition.

5B938CAF-946C-4DD6-A04E-A7B1C4EC436D (resized).jpeg5B938CAF-946C-4DD6-A04E-A7B1C4EC436D (resized).jpeg39BB24ED-3794-463C-A718-5FEF8C5F9C35 (resized).jpeg39BB24ED-3794-463C-A718-5FEF8C5F9C35 (resized).jpeg43C1FA8A-0715-48CC-921A-5814FDB5D78E (resized).jpeg43C1FA8A-0715-48CC-921A-5814FDB5D78E (resized).jpeg
#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from APz:

My Mando was having issues with drooping ramps, to the point where they start developing cracks to the stress points. I thought about all kinds of 3D printed solutions, but the final version was a lot simpler: I cut a piece of a post rubber and put that on the topmost slingshot nut. On the left side it aligns perfectly with the ramp, on the right it's not that perfect but it seems to stay there snugly and now the ramps stay where they're supposed to stay.

The ramps are not designed great, even on the LE with the metal wireforms, the ramps are much better with larger washers on the mounts to give them more surface area to sit on and be tightened down. Takes out all the wobble and movement in them, your solution looks perfect for the pro ramps, should be a key post but we can’t seem to get any key posts in here.

#2900 2 years ago

Anyone else finding this game to be particularly brutal? The shots are so close and tight, bricks go right to the outlanes. The slings too are like magnets for the outlanes, even when I turn them down. I know I need to play better, but it’s really hard to string good games together, few and far between. Contemplating moving the outlane posts in a bit. I think my high score is around 500 mil, but most games are under 100 mil. My best games are when I can combine a mb with the missions.

Curious if others have a similar experience.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 19.95
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/58?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.