IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 156.
#2801 2 years ago

Been o a bit of a dwight rant last couple days.... sorry guys I know I'm being a bit negative but when your having a great game and it gets stuffed up by buggy code and shitty gameplay decisions it wears you down after a bit.

In short this code after a few games has some improvements but overall is quite piss poor imo... considering the wait. The up post now has a different setting... wow! It didn't bother me in the 1st place. This game is just so buggy. I have an le and I'm really trying to stick with this game and enjoy it but its starting to feel like a grind when I'm having a good game and the game shits its pants.

#2802 2 years ago

I actually love the new code. The ambush change is awesome. The ability to customize the up post is welcomed as well.

#2803 2 years ago

just played a few games. The ambush mode start is f'ing awesome. Its almost startling when it starts kinda like how i would feel if i was being ambushed in real life. Im immediately looking for what shots i need to hit to escape. so cool

#2804 2 years ago

Game code 1.0 makes my diverter stay in the up position always feeding the mini playfield.

#2805 2 years ago

Has anyone else closed the outlanes yet? I just did that and it makes a big difference, no longer getting those frequent sling to the side wall and dribble down the outlane drains anymore. Surprised the outlane post was not in a playfield slot for adjustment like my B/W pins but has 3 discrete adjustment holes requiring the posts to be fully removed and moved for re-install. Anyway my first Stern.

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No insider connected ?

yeah doesn't look like it... I was surprised too

#2807 2 years ago

Stern site said IC pending licensing approval

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Stern site said IC pending licensing approval

I'm probably dumb but what does that mean? Licensing approval of what? Of the Disney assets beyond what was already agreed to for the game? Or does Disney need to sign off on what they make the achievements etc.?

I realize it's unlikely you have these answers just thinking out loud...

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Just had this happen to me tonight.I think it was magnetization at work as well.

My balls were definitely magnetized. I changed them out and I’ll monitor the situation.

#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

I installed the 0.98 code and tried the new mode, and I noticed that the right scoop is never registering that I've hit it. I can hit the other three targets, but no matter how many times I hit the far right scoop, it never registers and moves to the next phase. I've taken the glass off and rolled the ball up and it didn't register. I taught myself enough about the service menu to go to the switch test and the Right Scoop Opto (#55) DOES trigger when I roll the ball up with the glass off...But in gameplay the code never counts it. (I swear I hear an audio cue in gameplay when the ball goes over the opto, though, but I could be imagining things...) I do now notice when I play the normal game that it never seems to count when I go up that scoop, easily seen when I use the flamethrower and then hit the scoop.

New pinball owner here, so this is my first diagnostic adventure. I think I've diagnosed what the problem is...my Premium is hooked up incorrectly!

I took the glass off again and used my finger to trip the sensors during the You Have What I Want Challenge Mode. No matter how many times I ran my hand over the opto sensor on the far right lit target, it would not clear that flashing light. BUT, if I pushed down inside the top of the scoop (the one that has the ramp that comes down sometimes) - it clears the right ramp light!

And then when I cross-referenced again with the map and looked real hard at it, I realized that at least two and maybe three of my sensors are hooked up to the incorrect ports.

What is registering as Right Scoop Opto #55 is ACTUALLY in the position of the Right Ramp Exit Opto #54. If I press down on the top of the scoop, it is triggering Scoop Rollover #58, which seems correct to me but it is in a different place on the switch reference map where there is definitely no rollover switch. There looks to be an opto sensor inside the scoop assembly which is incorrectly hooking up to Right Ramp Exit Opto #54, but I'm thinking it's hitting so quickly that I don't see it in the service test because #58 triggers right after it. (I'm still hoping that #58 is in the right place because in the switch reference diagram it's up and to the right of the scoop, kind of on the right side of the right ramp, but it's being triggered inside the scoop. Can anyone confirm it's intended placement?)

I'm hoping to have a local friend who does more with pinball than me to go through reconnecting the wires to their correct places on the boards but I think this might fix it. Kinda crazy that it came from the factory hooked up incorrectly like this, and I didn't even realize it until I tried the challenge mode after owning the game for several months.

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Has anyone else closed the outlanes yet? I just did that and it makes a big difference, no longer getting those frequent sling to the side wall and dribble down the outlane drains anymore. Surprised the outlane post was not in a playfield slot for adjustment like my B/W pins but has 3 discrete adjustment holes requiring the posts to be fully removed and moved for re-install. Anyway my first Stern.

Lower the slingshot strenght. That really helps, also I did lower both posts on the outlanes. Indeed some work but ok to do on this machine.

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No insider connected ?

Licensing approvals with Disney likely slowing Connect and the topper reveal.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

I'm probably dumb but what does that mean? Licensing approval of what? Of the Disney assets beyond what was already agreed to for the game? Or does Disney need to sign off on what they make the achievements etc.?
I realize it's unlikely you have these answers just thinking out loud...

Disney like any licensor hold the right to be notified on and to sign off on every aspect of the game/product. Disney are far more thorough than most licensors they analyse every little detail of their products, they are super protective of their IPs.

#2814 2 years ago

Wow, wonderful incorporation of community feedback into the new code. Great to see how Dwight has been both active on the forums and listening to suggestions.

#2815 2 years ago

May 4th paid in full,finally here. Pretty disappointed the IC isn’t active. Need to update both machines with 1.0 code. Played IM instead and got a new achievement last night.

68D9D89D-28A2-4F61-8A28-552E961E3C51 (resized).jpeg68D9D89D-28A2-4F61-8A28-552E961E3C51 (resized).jpegC1F80C87-BB37-433F-871B-D79309BE9FEE (resized).jpegC1F80C87-BB37-433F-871B-D79309BE9FEE (resized).jpegC5882139-8238-487F-97F4-F37C242082A9 (resized).jpegC5882139-8238-487F-97F4-F37C242082A9 (resized).jpeg9153919A-40CA-4346-85E6-2DA25105E95C (resized).jpeg9153919A-40CA-4346-85E6-2DA25105E95C (resized).jpeg
#2816 2 years ago

I adjusted out lanes. Apparently, I suck at pinball and I had too many balls going straight for the outlanes.

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

May 4th paid in full,finally here. Pretty disappointed the IC isn’t active. Need to update both machines with 1.0 code. Played IM instead and got a new achievement last night.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

curious.. do you plan on keeping both Mandos?

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

curious.. do you plan on keeping both Mandos?

The pro is the wife’s,the premium is mine.I tried to get a LE but no dice.I got the two different machines for the price of an LE,street price that is.
I might move the premium in the future. I have to see how the pro plays,she has put 1 play on it and doesn’t want me to kill her high score.

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Lower the slingshot strenght. That really helps, also I did lower both posts on the outlanes. Indeed some work but ok to do on this machine.

What did you set it to? I lowered mine to 20 last night and noticed an improvement. Still getting a good amount of cheap drains.

#2820 2 years ago

I got used to nudging upwards during sling hits when I got my Star Wars to prevent outlane drains. I do that with Mando and I don't feel like I have excessive drains at default sling power...

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

The pro is the wife’s,the premium is mine.I tried to get a LE but no dice.I got the two different machines for the price of an LE,street price that is.
I might move the premium in the future. I have to see how the pro plays,she has put 1 play on it and doesn’t want me to kill her high score.

This is kinda funny

#2822 2 years ago

Also I get they are waiting on an approval for insider connected ... We waited so long for what is mostly bug fixes in Mando I was expecting the wait was for IC approval so surprised when it wasnt .

Leads me to believe it's gonna be a while .

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I have played both and if money is no option the prem/LE is the winner here, the ambush up/down ramp alone is a game changer and just feels awesome to loop over and over, my best is 4 back to back it’s up there with the warp ramp imo as best feel good shot.

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have played both and if money is no option the prem/LE is the winner here, the ambush up/down ramp alone is a game changer and just feels awesome to loop over and over, my best is 4 back to back it’s up there with the warp ramp imo as best feel good shot.

I can take or leave the mini playfield but the up/down ramp is way better on the premium.

I struggle with wanting to upgrade.. I sit and convince myself it's worth $1,600 but then the sensible part of my brain kicks in and reminds me... its a pinball game and this one small feature is not worth that.. but to your point.. if money is no option why not get the prem/le

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yep, agreed. I might down grade to a premium from my LE but I just enjoy it much more so don’t want to go to a pro

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, agreed. I might down grade to a premium from my LE but I just enjoy it much more so don’t want to go to a pro

I’ve played both and prefer the pro !

#2827 2 years ago

@Xaqery,

The 1.00 game code is excellent, with a nice coat of polish.

The new Ambush rules are brilliant.

The setting DEFAULT DOWN: RAISE AS NEEDED is a game changer, please set it as defaut in order to permit to everyone to enjoy the flow of this game. The only needed change to this setting could be that the post should goes up at saved ball launch, to symbolize grogu catching the ball, as seen on the screen, which is a nice touch.

Kudos!

#2828 2 years ago

Agree mate ambush is brilliant now and a complete game changer, I am sure I got a couple of different ambushes earlier, one was ravine ambush I think and I missed the name of the other but I am sure it was different, which is a nice touch.

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’ve played both and prefer the pro !

Me too, I just don’t enjoy the pro as much. Both are fun but I’d rather have a prem/le. I’m not saying I’d never own a pro though

Always the same debate on sterns. I prefer JP pro over the premium/Le. I had both and now have a pro. I prefer DP prem/Le over DP pro. I also had both of those. It’s just a matter of opinion

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Me too, I just don’t enjoy the pro as much. Both are fun but I’d rather have a prem/le. I’m not saying I’d never own a pro though
Always the same debate on sterns. I prefer JP pro over the premium/Le. I had both and now have a pro. I prefer DP prem/Le over DP pro. I also had both of those. It’s just a matter of opinion

DP pro and DP prem is not same comparison as
Mando pro and mando premium.

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

DP pro and DP prem is not same comparison as
Mando pro and mando premium.

Really, I’m not sure how it isn’t.

Dp pro doesn’t have the flow of prem with the ramp coming down. I love that for the flow

Mando prem I love the upper playfield and the different levels as it tilts.

Both have differences I enjoy

#2832 2 years ago

Well I updated my Pro and it's all messed up. Video stutters. Slow transitions between scenes. 2 of the super skill shot lights don't light and Carl Weathers keeps telling me to shoot the right ramp. The ball diverted up top sometimes isn't closing and the ball falls right through...Guess I will have to re-download at 750kb/s and try again...

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Well I updated my Pro and it's all messed up. Video stutters. Slow transitions between scenes. 2 of the super skill shot lights don't light and Carl Weathers keeps telling me to shoot the right ramp. The ball diverted up top sometimes isn't closing and the ball falls right through...Guess I will have to re-download at 750kb/s and try again...

Fingers crossed hope it clears up on re- download!

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Really, I’m not sure how it isn’t.
Dp pro doesn’t have the flow of prem with the ramp coming down. I love that for the flow
Mando prem I love the upper playfield and the different levels as it tilts.
Both have differences I enjoy

DP premium is choice
Mando pro is choice
IMO

#2835 2 years ago

My distributor requested payment today for the premium I ordered in May. Production is supposed to start the week of 12/20.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

My distributor requested payment today for the premium I ordered in May. Production is supposed to start the week of 12/20.

Awesome news! I hope I get something soon

#2837 2 years ago

I updated the game again. Full/Verify install.

1. Video stutters. - I am not sure about this now. I mean I feel like I still see it from time to time. My eyes are really sensitive to frame drops/stuttering. It could be it was always there.

2. Slow transition between scenes. - Very evident after completing an encounter, your playing the bonus round, ball leaves mini playfield and shoot the ball right back up the ramp. Before I updated from 0.97 the next encounter video would start almost instantly as the divertor opened. Several times tonight I was able to complete the next encounter level while the screen was still showing the bonus screen from the previous encounter level!

3. Regarding the skill shot, it was/is working fine I hadn't played in a while and forgot how it worked.

4. Ball divertor up top seemed to be working fine only once did it seem to open to quickly...

Honestly most annoyed with the video lag. How do I reinstall old code? Anyone got 0.97?

As an aside...I ended up in the mini playfield a couple times with nothing to shoot at, nothing was lit, no points, no lights, no sounds...disappointing.

Ambush is fecking awesome now!

#2838 2 years ago

Checked with my distributor today. He expects his premiums to begin shipping in ~2wks.

#2839 2 years ago

Does the 1.0 game code change the diverter positioning in the feed to the mini playfield? Seemed to me that diverter was always down as default now it's always up as default. Same way if I now re-install game code 0.98. Or am I mistaken about the default behavior in the past?.

#2840 2 years ago

Does the 1.0 game code change the diverter positioning in the feed to the mini playfield? Seemed to me that diverter was always down as default now it's always up as default. Same way if I now re-install game code 0.98. Or am I mistaken about the default behavior in the past?.

Pretty sure it was always in the up position on my LE at default and dropped when Encounters is lit and the first switch on the ramp is triggered.

#2841 2 years ago

Sorry for the dumb question but it's been a long time since I update code on a pin.

Can't find my USB stick so I'm going to buy another one. How much memory should it have?

Thanks in advance.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sorry for the dumb question but it's been a long time since I update code on a pin.
Can't find my USB stick so I'm going to buy another one. How much memory should it have?
Thanks in advance.

I use a 32GB Sandisk. The files are just under 4GB. You want a stick that is FAT32 format as well, so something 64GB or under ideally so you don't have to mess with formatting it to FAT32.

#2843 2 years ago

Thanks so much! Headed to Best Buy now.

#2844 2 years ago

My day one order Pro has arrived!!!! Cant wait to get some time with it. My first Stern.

mando1 (resized).jpegmando1 (resized).jpegmando2 (resized).jpegmando2 (resized).jpegmando3 (resized).jpegmando3 (resized).jpeg
#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

My day one order Pro has arrived!!!! Cant wait to get some time with it. My first Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! Great setup too. You're gonna love it have fun!

#2846 2 years ago

Just updated the new code.

Since when does installing new code not wipe out your high scores? A pleasant surprise!

#2847 2 years ago

If anyone still has access to the code file for 0.97 or 0.98 for the PRO model can you send me a PM? Thanks!

#2848 2 years ago

If anyone still has access to the code file for 0.97 or 0.98 for the PRO model can you send me a PM? Thanks!

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/mando_pro-0_98_0.spk.zip

#2850 2 years ago

With version 1.00, the main music still sometimes continues to play when we enter the foundry.

There is also always, at the end of the encounters modes, the exit post that is raised a few seconds too long.

It's still a great release! Thanks Dwight!

PS: Thanks for the undocumented change of the behavior of the left ramp diverter, now driven by the ramp opto. Excellent!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop
Plastics
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/57?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.