Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 157.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Man that sucks! The good news is Eddy designed Mando very well so it’s fairly easy to disassemble providing your replacement playfield is dimpled and predrilled it won’t be the hardest playfield swap out there.
I’ve documented removing most of the top side of the playfield so if you need anything drop me a pm!
But I would try and touch that up with a black permanent marker and getting a washer under that rail to avoid anymore future damage and just enjoy the game and keep the spare playfield handy.

I appreciate that!!! I absolutely plan to keep using and beating up this playfield for a long while. Just gonna swap later down the road.

#2602 2 years ago

In another thread someone said the premium run was bumped to spring, but my distributer just told me today its still on for Mid December. So looking forward to getting it then(hopefully)

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

In another thread someone said the premium run was bumped to spring, but my distributer just told me today its still on for Mid December. So looking forward to getting it then(hopefully)

From the posts over the last few months I'm thinking there may be two runs, so I don't think either statement is false... December Premiums for those who ordered early enough to get it on that run, and Spring '22 Premiums for dumbasses like me.

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That's good to hear. For those wanting pros it looks like my local distributors have spots still available for a November build.

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

From the posts over the last few months I'm thinking there may be two runs, so I don't think either statement is false... December Premiums for those who ordered early enough to get it on that run, and Spring '22 Premiums for dumbasses like me.

You are probably right. Funny thing is i order mando premium and godzilla premium both on day 1. Godzilla comes next week. Mando end of december. Go figure

#2606 2 years ago

There has to be more runs planned I can’t see Rush being a monster seller so surely they will fill the lines up with Mandos, Godzillas and Deadpools to fill up the lines while running rush? I sure hope so I would like my Deadpool premium before I die of old age

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There has to be more runs planned I can’t see Rush being a monster seller so surely they will fill the lines up with Mandos, Godzillas and Deadpools to fill up the lines while running rush? I sure hope so I would like my Deadpool premium before I die of old age

Deadpool premium was my first. I traded it a year ago and now want one back. So good

#2608 2 years ago

I got this signed sticker at Expo. I've gotten a couple of these in my machines. Does anyone know if these actually go on the machine? I'm guessing they are just stickers Stern puts in the goody bag sometimes.

PXL_20211118_214956320.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211118_214956320.MP (resized).jpg
#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I got this signed sticker at Expo. I've gotten a couple of these in my machines. Does anyone know if these actually go on the machine? I'm guessing they are just stickers Stern puts in the goody bag sometimes.
[quoted image]

That's awesome!! Little tough to tell the dimensions to know exactly, but the -BFS in the corner almost makes it looks like a position indicator for it to fit somewhere on the machine... doesn't really look like anywhere on the apron would work, but maybe I'm overlooking something. Either way very cool I'm jealous

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

[quoted image]

Can’t tell the dimensions but the shape of it with those curved corners makes it look like a coin door decal.

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can’t tell the dimensions but the shape of it with those curved corners makes it look like a coin door decal.

Quoted from PoopsMagee:

That's awesome!! Little tough to tell the dimensions to know exactly, but the -BFS in the corner almost makes it looks like a position indicator for it to fit somewhere on the machine... doesn't really look like anywhere on the apron would work, but maybe I'm overlooking something. Either way very cool I'm jealous

I was thinking the same thing as it fits in the coin door area. It's a neat little addition to the game. I might put it there either way!

#2612 2 years ago

Anyone know anything about the Mando shooter rod from Stern. Got mine today and there are divots all over the surface. Is this an intentional look?

C107253B-D337-49B3-93F2-FE639EB5F9AC (resized).jpegC107253B-D337-49B3-93F2-FE639EB5F9AC (resized).jpeg
#2613 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Anyone know anything about the Mando shooter rod from Stern. Got mine today and there are divots all over the surface. Is this an intentional look?[quoted image]

Yep, that’s the intentional, weathered aesthetic they were going for. Protagonists in Star Wars aren’t allowed to have nice ships!

There’s a sleeker, cleaner looking one available from HookedOnPinball, and a few other folks make them as well.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Anyone know anything about the Mando shooter rod from Stern. Got mine today and there are divots all over the surface. Is this an intentional look?[quoted image]

yes.. 'weathered'

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Yep, that’s the intentional, weathered aesthetic they were going for. Protagonists in Star Wars aren’t allowed to have nice ships!
There’s a sleeker, cleaner looking one available from HookedOnPinball, and a few other folks make them as well.

Yep I made some .. I don't even think it's that beat up in the show lol

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

yes.. 'weathered'

Do you think Carl Weathers was responsible for the weathering? That would make the most sense to me.

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

I confirmed the sticker is supposed to be for the coin door. I put it on the machine. Doesn't look great but doesn't look bad. LOL

PXL_20211119_125026223 (resized).jpgPXL_20211119_125026223 (resized).jpg
#2618 2 years ago

That is an Pro exclusive then cause my LE does not have a sticker.

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I confirmed the sticker is supposed to be for the coin door. I put it on the machine. Doesn't look great but doesn't look bad. LOL[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Assuming it was just a random addition to the goodie bag? I should check mine

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

That’s awesome! Assuming it was just a random addition to the goodie bag? I should check mine

I actually got this particular sticker at expo from Stern. However; two of my previous games randomly had stickers in them. So I do think it's a random thing.

#2621 2 years ago

WizardMod could possibly create some coin door decals, something along the lines of his action button magnetic decals.

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I confirmed the sticker is supposed to be for the coin door. I put it on the machine. Doesn't look great but doesn't look bad. LOL[quoted image]

Looks great IMO!

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Yeah I think it looks awesome! Wish I had one haha

#2624 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Yeah I think it looks awesome! Wish I had one haha

It's not too much trouble to make your own.

I printed off one for myself. The quality isn't as good as one that's officially produced, but it's good enough I think

Also made up an insert for the coin reject button.

mando_coindoor_decal (resized).jpgmando_coindoor_decal (resized).jpg
#2625 2 years ago

Looks great! Swap out that green start button for an orange and perfection!

#2626 2 years ago

Just unboxed my LE (yes it took that long for Australian LE’s to get here) and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.

What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just unboxed my LE (yes it took that long for Australian LE’s to get here) and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.
What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

It shoots a lot better than it looks doesn’t it? And the upper playfield is far more fun and addictive than you’d think. I went from not caring at reveal, bored by the deadflip stream to absolutely loving this game once I played it and brought an LE.

Before you play too much, check your ambush loop ball guide is not digging into the playfield and prevent it with a washer, I’ve done a guide a few posts back. Check the up/down scoop is not hitting the playfield, it can be adjusted with a washer. I have also posted fixes for the razorcrest ramp exit into the left orbit for those with issues and get cliffys on the main ramp.

Code so far is very good and really well integrated into the theme, Dwight has a lot more planned, potentially expanding the multipliers further and adding more flow in certain areas of the game, those are just a couple of the things I know he’s considering.

#2629 2 years ago

By the grace of God I had a few hours on Godzilla last night. Have to admit I was nervous in term of the Mando comparison and if I'd backed the right horse.

Now don't get me wrong, Godzilla is an amazing game now and will be even better in the future. The layout is a different beast. Mando is very claustrophobic and close to the player where Godzilla provides space with lots to do at the sides. It's definitely a pinhead / shooters game. The floating side flipper is cool, but the feed is inconsistent so the result a bit random for me (average player).

I think the gameplay and code on Mando suck you straight in, whereas Godzilla is a slow burner building up to the battle modes. Mando feels more intense including the multiballs. Both are cool but different.

Long story short, I'm still happy with my Mando but would love a Zilla in the future. Code and depth wise it will be terrific in the long run. What do others think?

#2631 2 years ago

Holy cr*p…..I didn’t think it was possible Stern could use a louder fan in their power supplies. But they’ve managed to find one for Mandolorian. They’ve always been bad, but this is like a 747 taking off.

PinMonk ….order incoming.

Speaking of, how’s the heating of these Mando flipper coils?

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Holy cr*p…..I didn’t think it was possible Stern could use a louder fan in their power supplies. But they’ve managed to find one for Mandolorian. They’ve always been bad, but this is like a 747 taking off.

Yeah, I keep waiting for the new power supply or existing power supply with a quieter fan in it like Gomez said was coming pre-pandemic, and they keep shipping with the same unchanged meanwell power supply with a super-loud fan.

Thanks for the order. It will definitely solve that problem for you!

There's a chart on the Tibetan Breeze product page that shows temperatures for all the pins that have had the temp measured over time. 60-120 minutes, depending on the pin. Earlier ones I was only testing for 60 minutes, but now 90-120 min tests are pretty normal, but that means there's a mix of play times on the chart (which are called out). Mandalorian definitely has fade, but like LZ and Godzilla, it takes longer to come on than something like Stranger Things or jjGnR. So if you're playing mostly shorter sessions, you don't need active cooling of the flipper coils on it. But if you play longer sessions or have parties, etc where the game is played for a long period of time by one person after another, then yeah, it will definitely benefit the machine to have the active cooling of a Tibetan Breeze kit.

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Stick some flipper fans in for the main playfield flippers I was noticing that both main ramps wheregetting harder to back hand, after I installed the fans no such problems.

#2634 2 years ago

Well let me be the first to say... I'm an idiot, just kidding I'm certainly not the first to say that. I've had my mando pro since the beginning of August and I just discovered yesterday challenge mode. Who knew? What an awesome feature. What a great way to get you dialed into specific shots not to mention the light show and animations. I can't believe I've been playing it this long and have just now stumbled upon this. This machine just keeps on giving and giving. What a great ride!

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well let me be the first to say... I'm an idiot, just kidding I'm certainly not the first to say that. I've had my mando pro since the beginning of August and I just discovered yesterday challenge mode. Who knew? What an awesome feature. What a great way to get you dialed into specific shots not to mention the light show and animations. I can't believe I've been playing it this long and have just now stumbled upon this. This machine just keeps on giving and giving. What a great ride!

In your defense, it was just added with the last code update so you've only been missing out for <2 months. Super fun tho agreed!

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

In your defense, it was just added with the last code update so you've only been missing out for <2 months. Super fun tho agreed!

Good to know, that makes me feel a little better, and considering I drug my feet on loading the code it's only been a month. Still...I think I technically qualify as an idiot. Who cares though, when the game is this fun! #Mandoforpresident2024

#2637 2 years ago

The challenge mode was a nice addition in the last update. There's still a few bugs Dwight needs to sort out with it, but hopefully those will be fixed in the next update.

I'd love to see Dwight also expand the high score table for the challenge mode to top 3 or 4, along with adding fastest complete time. Having completed it several times now, adding in a speed run high score would add another level of replay to the mode where shot accuracy becomes key.

It's one of the things I love about playing the challenge mode in my Jurassic Park. When I'm in the mood for the challenge mode, some days I feel like trying to milk as many points as possible while others I want to see how fast I can get through it.

I think Dwight made some smart decisions with the gameplay modes in Mando. If you're tired of the normal game, you also have challenge mode and impossible modes. If you have friends over, you also have monster mode, co-op and team play. It's great to have multiple options in how you play and experience the game.

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The challenge mode was a nice addition in the last update. There's still a few bugs Dwight needs to sort out with it, but hopefully those will be fixed in the next update.
I'd love to see Dwight also expand the high score table for the challenge mode to top 3 or 4, along with adding fastest complete time. Having completed it several times now, adding in a speed run high score would add another level of replay to the mode where shot accuracy becomes key.
It's one of the things I love about playing the challenge mode in my Jurassic Park. When I'm in the mood for the challenge mode, some days I feel like trying to milk as many points as possible while others I want to see how fast I can get through it.
I think Dwight made some smart decisions with the gameplay modes in Mando. If you're tired of the normal game, you also have challenge mode and impossible modes. If you have friends over, you also have monster mode, co-op and team play. It's great to have multiple options in how you play and experience the game.

I feel like more attention by Dwight and the team needs to happen within the mini playfield on the pro. Especially with regards to sneak ins, unintentional sneak ins when your left ramp shot doesn’t go all the way around and sneaks in when the diverted is up, and why the mini playfield flipper is sometimes dead during certain stages of challenge mode.

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I feel like more attention by Dwight and the team needs to happen within the mini playfield on the pro. Especially with regards to sneak ins, unintentional sneak ins when your left ramp shot doesn’t go all the way around and sneaks in when the diverted is up, and why the mini playfield flipper is sometimes dead during certain stages of challenge mode.

I'd like to see the sneaky encounter feature ported from the Pro into the Prem and LE models as there's been a number of times I've had the ball go into the mini playfield (on my premium) but the targets are disabled. I think it's a cool little extra use for the mini playfield on all models.

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'd like to see the sneaky encounter feature ported from the Pro into the Prem and LE models as there's been a number of times I've had the ball go into the mini playfield (on my premium) but the targets are disabled. I think it's a cool little extra use for the mini playfield on all models.

While I wish I had some actual time on the premium/LE ((Ahhhh!)
And it does sound like the extra features are worth it, there’s something about the “sneakiness” of the pro layout that can totally pull you in.
I love my pro. I know there’s more to come because it’s a pro.
And please D&B take creative liberties and make Mando the game you want it to be.

You design the rules - we’ll play the ball!

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

If you have code ideas Xaqery in your post, pretty certain Dwight reads all posts relating to code.

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you have code ideas Xaqery in your post, pretty certain Dwight reads all posts relating to code.

I hate calling out people directly like Dwight in threads. (Yea I see the irony)
He’s a game designer. He’s got bigger stuff to deal with. If he reads my comments, cool!

Main point- I share on occasion on pinside and only speak up when I can either spark an alternative convo or give thanks for something someone did for me or vice versa.
But I gotta speak up now and say Brian and Dwight created an amazingly intuitive and enveloping game with Mando! Thank you guys! Looking forward to the next code release.

#2643 2 years ago

Yesterday we tried the 2 vs 2 team mode. The first player got to play three balls, then it was game over just like an ordinary one player game. It never switched to any other player although the screen showed the four players and team 1 and 2. Guess it was a bug? Anyone have this working?

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I often send the suggestions via email to the bug report address. In fact sent through a couple of emails last week with bugs and a few suggestions based on my time with my Mando premium.

I do love that Dwight reads the thread and pops up from time to time with feedback & comments. He's done the same on a few streams too (post launch), answering questions, etc. I think it's great he's willing to have that connection with the community.

Quoted from JayLar:

Yesterday we tried the 2 vs 2 team mode. The first player got to play three balls, then it was game over just like an ordinary one player game. It never switched to any other player although the screen showed the four players and team 1 and 2. Guess it was a bug? Anyone have this working?

I think you need to add players 2, 3 and 4 by pressing the start button additional times. Starting the 2 v 2 mode doesn't automatically add all 4 players.

#2645 2 years ago

So now I’ve fixed my right ramp issues (adjusted the Luke slingshot, as it was interfering with the backhand shot), this baby shoots so smooth
The flow is better than any game I’ve ever played, the shots are closer to the flippers than I’m used too, but now that I’ve dialed it in, Brian Eddy is truly one of the best (if not the best) pinball designers ever

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

So now I’ve fixed my right ramp issues (adjusted the Luke slingshot, as it was interfering with the backhand shot), this baby shoots so smooth
The flow is better than any game I’ve ever played, the shots are closer to the flippers than I’m used too, but now that I’ve dialed it in, Brian Eddy is truly one of the best (if not the best) pinball designers ever

What did you do to adjust the slingshot?

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Makes a nice change and I think it makes Mando stand out from the crowd having everything close to the flippers after Godzilla, AIQ, Stranger Things, Jurassic Park, Led Zep basically everything else before it all being wide open playfields with long shots.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks for posting this. I just got my game a few weeks ago and I'm feeling it out. We chose Mando because of coop so that we could get our kids more involved in the fun. The 2 v 2 realization just re confirmed this was the right choice.

I am planning on putting a washer under the horseshoe guide. I see a small missing spot of clear there that should be protected.

The only shot giving me problems is the left orbit. I frequently hit the spinner straight on and it will kick the ball back even if the spinner spins. Any advice in dealing with this is appreciated.

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I think you need to add players 2, 3 and 4 by pressing the start button additional times. Starting the 2 v 2 mode doesn't automatically add all 4 players.

Thanks, didn't think that was needed as it showed four players on screen.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

The only shot giving me problems is the left orbit. I frequently hit the spinner straight on and it will kick the ball back even if the spinner spins. Any advice in dealing with this is appreciated.

I've having this issue also!

You hit the shot cleanly through the spinner, but just beyond it the ball seems to bounce / spin and become trapped around the post / pop bumper exit.

I'm interested also to see if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/53?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.