Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 157.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

So I got to play a Mando Pro at an arcade in Ocean city MD. I was having fun and got a multiball. Then I got a ball saved in the metal tower at the back of the game in the middle. The game then went into ball search. I was told that the Opto was bad and needed to be replaced. The game guy had to remove the glass and free the ball to continue the game. Shame on a new game.

That’s just pinball. You should experience a new Spooky or JJP. Stern Pros are the best experience out of the box.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

So I got to play a Mando Pro at an arcade in Ocean city MD. I was having fun and got a multiball. Then I got a ball saved in the metal tower at the back of the game in the middle. The game then went into ball search. I was told that the Opto was bad and needed to be replaced. The game guy had to remove the glass and free the ball to continue the game. Shame on a new game.

Bad switches happen. My DP arrived with a misfiring opto. No big deal, just grabbed a replacement and installed it in 15min. Sounds like the operator should get on it

#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Correct my point for asking was if anyone else is seeing this Cliff maybe able to make a snap on protector, so have you got any wear beginning on yours?

No not one bit yet.

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Just got that Dank Farrik multiball frenzy and it’s easily the silliest thing in this game. The callouts are amazing and weird and confusing and I loved it. Recommend everyone just hit the ? Every time until you get it at least once

This makes it all the better https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/mandalorian-what-does-dank-farrik-mean-47969617

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Do you have something plugged into this one?
[quoted image]

It appears that the 9-SW-14 Switch and the 9-SW-9 Switch have been pulled out from the final design of the game.

#2106 2 years ago

A new hidden mode?

20211011_075019 (resized).jpg20211011_075019 (resized).jpg
#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:So I got to play a Mando Pro at an arcade in Ocean city MD. I was having fun and got a multiball. Then I got a ball saved in the metal tower at the back of the game in the middle. The game then went into ball search. I was told that the Opto was bad and needed to be replaced. The game guy had to remove the glass and free the ball to continue the game. Shame on a new game.

LOL, are you serious? I've bought recent NIB games with issues like this. You must be a newbie...

#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

A new hidden mode?
[quoted image]

Midnight Madness?! Can anyone confirm?

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

A new hidden mode?
[quoted image]

I got Dan Farrik at the scoop the other day, lightshow and music where awesome and the mode itself was a lot of fun for a frenzy multiball especially trying to hit both playfields at the same time.

#2110 2 years ago

Had my first game lockup and reboot after installing .98. (LE model)

Playing a 3 player challenge mode game (you have what I want), game locked up after player 2 finished and then finally rebooted. Sold my game yesterday, but just wanted to report that on my way outta this thread.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Had my first game lockup and reboot after installing .98. (LE model)
Playing a 3 player challenge mode game (you have what I want), game locked up after player 2 finished and then finally rebooted. Sold my game yesterday, but just wanted to report that on my way outta this thread.

You sold? Wow very short ownership, what was the reason for the sale dude? Stop gap purchase until Godzilla was released?

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You sold? Wow very short ownership, what was the reason for the sale dude? Stop gap purchase until Godzilla was released?

Bought it just to play it a while since it was local-ish and wanted to make that Grogu mod. Gameplay wasn't my style, or else would've stayed longer.

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bought it just to play it a while since it was local-ish and wanted to make that Grogu mod. Gameplay wasn't my style, or else would've stayed longer.

I was the other way with this one, saw the reveal stream and thought it looked boring and honestly a little shit, but after playing it was totally hooked, love the shots, love the RPG stuff at the scoop just an all round blast.

Compared to TMNT I loved the look of the stream and game but played it and hated it complete snooze fest.

But this is why Stern are king in the market they produce something for everyone year on year without fail.

Hope you enjoy whatever you replace it with mate.

#2114 2 years ago

I caved, couldn't wait for stern to come out with an overpriced topper so I ordered my own. Sideshow collectibles 1/6 scale speeder bike with trooper and child! Good news bad news
Good news... I love the scale detail and proportions, it's a work in progress as I have an ig-11 on order to replace the scout trooper.
Bad news... The figure shipped with a missing part, so no foot pedals on the rear of the speeder. Shipper will make it right, so back in the box for this one, what's one more delay.

IMG_20211012_134125150 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_134125150 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_133958991 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_133958991 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_134346418 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_134346418 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_134508567 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_134508567 (resized).jpg
#2115 2 years ago

Always bugged me that Stern stopped putting action button surrounds on games

After pestering Colywobbles with dozens of designs he produced this beauty! Col makes amazing products, top notch quality and his prices are equally as good, drop him a pm/order and show him some love.

A39759FC-FF98-4153-A969-E0B43BA833E2 (resized).jpegA39759FC-FF98-4153-A969-E0B43BA833E2 (resized).jpegAD5BAB51-EF8B-4B5B-B8E4-C3568CC2E232 (resized).jpegAD5BAB51-EF8B-4B5B-B8E4-C3568CC2E232 (resized).jpeg

#2116 2 years ago

Does anyone know if a round of premiums are still coming this month?

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from joecitizen:

Does anyone know if a round of premiums are still coming this month?

Flip N Out said it is December now on their podcast.

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from tidalwdave:

LOL, are you serious? I've bought recent NIB games with issues like this. You must be a newbie...

How old are you? Junior High? NIB should be quality control tested, but I guess that is not what happens. And is allowed to happen! So you experienced NIB owners just live the fact that pinballs need maintenance immediately for something that costs the price of a used car ($8-12,000).

Then I read that the upper playfield is shredding metal that the ball carries around the game stripping the clear off the playfield. And that is just accepted too. Just clean more often?

Unbelievable. Newbie at 67 and been playing since 1972. LoL......

#2119 2 years ago

Juniors high can’t buy nib.

Want is this stripping metal stuff - where did you read this?

Maybe both on Facebook?

The price is the price. Does everyone think the software on these screens going from Atari to Xbox is free? Whether you like it or not is besides the point.

Software engineers and software designers are extremely expensive. There is a trade off happening that everyone needs to acknowledge as a cost factor in these games.

#2120 2 years ago

TIE Fighter mod.

Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpgTie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpgTie Fighter mod (resized).jpgTie Fighter mod (resized).jpg

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

How old are you? Junior High? NIB should be quality control tested, but I guess that is not what happens. And is allowed to happen! So you experienced NIB owners just live the fact that pinballs need maintenance immediately for something that costs the price of a used car ($8-12,000).
Then I read that the upper playfield is shredding metal that the ball carries around the game stripping the clear off the playfield. And that is just accepted too. Just clean more often?
Unbelievable. Newbie at 67 and been playing since 1972. LoL......

Well, my brand new Jeep Wrangler’s doors leaked during the rain since day one of ownership, and it’s “working as intended” according to Jeep. And I had a new Toyota arrive with scratches on the door. Those vehicles cost quite a bit more than a pinball machine

So, this feels like you may be trolling, but in case you’re a gnome and not a troll, no one has mentioned metal shredding from the upper playfield. Sounds like a bit of hogwash without specifics, as it’s not even clear where that metal would come from.

Other than that, freaking out over a cheap, easy to replace switch is a tad over the top. It’s like finding out you had a bad fuse in a car and replacing it with a good one. These things can operate fine for a few days, including during Q&A, and then suddenly die.

If you want to gripe about NIB standards, it’d be better if the Q&A process included some time to ensure the ball guides are directing balls to where they should. Dialing in shots by bending and aligning guides takes far more time than replacing the occasional bad switch.

#2122 2 years ago

Someone actually posted last night about the coil stops on the upper playfield getting destroyed and leaving bits of metal underneath the upper playfield. So every time your ball is up there and drops down it’s dragging bits of metal around. Sterns coil stops have been a bit of a problem apparently.

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Someone actually posted last night about the coil stops on the upper playfield getting destroyed and leaving bits of metal underneath the upper playfield. So every time your ball is up there and drops down it’s dragging bits of metal around. Sterns coil stops have been a bit of a problem apparently.

I looked closely at my upper playfield and didn't see any coil stop metal dust.

#2124 2 years ago

I haven't either. How hard do you think those would be to replace?

Quoted from 0geist0:

I looked closely at my upper playfield and didn't see any coil stop metal dust.

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I haven't either. How hard do you think those would be to replace?

Replacing a stop is very simple, though I don't have my Mando yet to know how easy it is to access the upper playfield coils. These stops take a beating and will wear down over time, but some new pins seems to have stops deteriorating faster than than better quality third-party stops. Coil stop quality from manufacturers these days sound almost like flipper rubber and ball quality - you almost want to consider replacing them straight away.

It seems like any pin with coils between the main and upper playfields is going to have this problem if users don't replace the coil stops as soon as they go bad. Any signs of metallic dust under a coil means its time to check the stops.

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Replacing a stop is very simple, though I don't have my Mando yet to know how easy it is to access the upper playfield coils. These stops take a beating and will wear down over time, but some new pins seems to have stops deteriorating faster than than better quality third-party stops. Coil stop quality from manufacturers these days sound almost like flipper rubber and ball quality - you almost want to consider replacing them straight away.
It seems like any pin with coils between the main and upper playfields is going to have this problem if users don't replace the coil stops as soon as they go bad. Any signs of metallic dust under a coil means its time to check the stops.

Don't generalize too much here.

Factory coil stops are fine - the issue was Stern went through a period where they had a batch of complete crap stops and kept using them even though it was known they were failing prematurely. Do not apply that issue as a general rule of thumb.

And as noted earlier, Stern seems to be past that now with at least flipper coil stops. It's possible other coil sizes may still have some bad stock, but that hasn't been noted as an issue in general.

Lastly - coil stops on anything but flippers are going to last longer than most people in this hobby. Even pop-bumper coil stops will go for decades of use without being replaced.

The last thing we need is people now thinking they gotta replace all coil stops in their games before they play them... after they've put on their protectors.. replaced all the rubbers.. and changed all their balls.. and rebuilt their flippers after 50 players.

R-E-L-A-X

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Factory coil stops are fine - the issue was Stern went through a period where they had a batch of complete crap stops and kept using them even though it was known they were failing prematurely. Do not apply that issue as a general rule of thumb.
And as noted earlier, Stern seems to be past that now with at least flipper coil stops. It's possible other coil sizes may still have some bad stock, but that hasn't been noted as an issue in general.
Lastly - coil stops on anything but flippers are going to last longer than most people in this hobby. Even pop-bumper coil stops will go for decades of use without being replaced.
The last thing we need is people now thinking they gotta replace all coil stops in their games before they play them... after they've put on their protectors.. replaced all the rubbers.. and changed all their balls.. and rebuilt their flippers after 50 players.
R-E-L-A-X

My Star Trek Pro had those stops, there was gold metal dust all over the inside of the cabinet. There is not a speck of it in my Mando cabinet.

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

R-E-L-A-X

Good to hear Stern switched to better stock. My Deadpool Prem NIB stops have been fine after ~900 games with no sign off dust. So far so good on those.

There was definitely a time in that owner forum when people were recommending close inspection and potentially early replacement of the stops. Not that it seemed like a big deal to replace them.

#2129 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

My Star Trek Pro had those stops, there was gold metal dust all over the inside of the cabinet. There is not a speck of it in my Mando cabinet.

I just looked at my Le. There was definitely metal dust. I cleaned it all up and waxed lightly so I’ll just keep watching it

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I just looked at my Le. There was definitely metal dust. I cleaned it all up and waxed lightly so I’ll just keep watching it

Same with mine, some dust, cleaned and keep playing. Keep an eye on that.

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Do you have something plugged into this one?
[quoted image]

No, mine's unconnected as well.

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Which coil? Flippers? Mini Playfield diverter?

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Correct my point for asking was if anyone else is seeing this Cliff maybe able to make a snap on protector, so have you got any wear beginning on yours?

There's a playfield protector for it from playfield-protectors. I have one installed. Easy install.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

TIE Fighter mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you buy it?

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Early build?

#2136 2 years ago

Which coil? Flippers? Mini Playfield diverter?

Don't know, black dust

#2137 2 years ago

LE so early build probably

#2138 2 years ago

Got my shipping notice for the side armor. Should be here Sunday. Anyone install it yet? I presume I'll need to pilot a few holes near the buttons?

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Don't know, black dust

Black dust is most likely from the black rubbers.

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

LE so early build probably

My Premium has an Aug. 26 2021 build date, could be different coil stops.

#2141 2 years ago

There's a playfield protector for it from playfield-protectors. I have one installed. Easy install.

It’s only the edge that needs protecting, I am not a fan of those playfield protectors for my main playfields either.

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am not a fan of those playfield protectors for my main playfields either.

My advice, if you are looking for advice, is to consider the mini pf protector. Short money and easy install. Stern already installed a playfield protector underneath the Premium/LE mini playfield for ball drops.

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Where did you buy it?

It's the Stern SW TIE Fighter. I got it from Pinball Life. Seems they are now out of stock though.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-star-wars-tie-fighter-spring-assembly.html

I just removed the spring and mounted it to this metal spacer:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5295-12

I put a colored fender washer between the metal spacer and the playfield plastic: (orange)

https://www.pinballlife.com/78-colored-transparent-fender-washer.html

I used a colored lock nut on top: (orange)

https://chromapinball.com/

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Got my shipping notice for the side armor. Should be here Sunday. Anyone install it yet? I presume I'll need to pilot a few holes near the buttons?

Yep. Just received mine yesterday. Didn’t come with no screws, so I just used the same ones I removed. Seems to hold in pretty steady, except the only holes I could align right was the very back and front. Had to screw the other 4 in. Was going to put some more screws in, but I figure the less the better. Good luck with it.

#2145 2 years ago

My advice, if you are looking for advice, is to consider the mini pf protector. Short money and easy install. Stern already installed a playfield protector underneath the Premium/LE mini playfield for ball drops.

Yeah good thinking, I can’t see one of those playfield protectors effecting the upper playfield gameplay too much at all, might grab one and see how it goes.

#2146 2 years ago

Wonder what the topper could be doesn’t give much away the icon for it.

E0862721-1431-45EC-9A3D-0DB25FC3B8E7 (resized).jpegE0862721-1431-45EC-9A3D-0DB25FC3B8E7 (resized).jpeg
#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wonder what the topper could be doesn’t give much away the icon for it.

Thermal Detonator?
Hahaha.

#2148 2 years ago

Wonder what the topper could be

Looks like a Grogu bassinet

#2149 2 years ago

Really hard to tell what it is, kind of reminds me of the targeting systems in Star Wars.

#2150 2 years ago

Anyone else notice how when you lose the ball early and the ball save animation plays that when Grogu catches the ball on the screen the ball is shot to Grogu's hand on the playfield? Pretty cool!

Has anyone else created a solution for the ball flying off the middle ramp and hitting the long left side plastic/ flasher? I added 10 #10 washers and it still isn't high enough with a 1 1/4 inch post. They make 1/4 inch hex posts? Maybe I can get a couple of those for the 2 front attachment points and change rear hex post to 1 1/2 inch...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/43?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.