Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 157.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

So Stern will have an insider connect exclusive feature where it will only come up when child is lit to force all the non insider connect owners to buy the insider connect !!!

Man, some of you guys act like Insider Connected showed up at your house piss drunk, slept with your wife, and dumped in your cornflakes the next morning.

It’s a feature on a luxury toy, not the end of the world as we know it.

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Man, some of you guys act like Insider Connected showed up at your house piss drunk, slept with your wife, and dumped in your cornflakes the next morning.

Well, some is in jest but it is a back door to more control, data-mining, and recurring revenue. If you like community pinbrowser packages it’s bad as well. I’m assuming they will figure out how to check the files and remotely disable the game if you run your own audio or video.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Well, some is in jest but it is a back door to more control, data-mining, and recurring revenue. If you like community pinbrowser packages it’s bad as well. I’m assuming they will figure out how to check the files and remotely disable the game if you run your own audio or video.

Oh for sure, definitely admit there are some legitimate gripes about it.. I just don’t think “gatekeeping up-posts with a paywall” is one of them, and this post is very “the sky is falling” in nature.

It’s fine not to like it, but that doesn’t mean “project every frustration you have from this point forward onto it.”

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no plans for combos to be added. Sorry.
I read a lot of forums and talk to lots of people. I am not sure I would agree its popular. Maybe its popular in England. : -- )
This doesnt mean its not a good idea.
1 - The right orbit is the only way to send the ball to the top lanes during play. I beleive it would be bad design to have zero ways. Completing the top lanes leads to bonus multipliers which could lead to some good end of ball bonuses.
2 - By design, if the post comes up, a shot up the right orbit should go to the top lanes. It should not come back down the right orbit. When I play I would say the ball returns back down the right orbit about 12.5% of the time.
3 - I think I will add a tweak to the disable top pot adjustment. It will have 3 settings: DISABLED, CHILD, NORMAL defaulting to NORMAL. The new setting will only bring up the top post when the child is lit. I will add the CHILD setting to the INSTALL DIRECTORS CUT.

THE CHILD is lit from shooting orbits and the top skill shot. So it will be okay.

Awesome and thank you for taking the time to respond Dwight.

The Child option for the up post sounds like a perfect way of increasing flow and balancing the top lanes so thank you for being here and taking on feedback, its hugely appreciated.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome and thank you for taking the time to respond Dwight.

The Child option for the up post sounds like a perfect way of increasing flow and balancing the top lanes so thank you for being here and willing adjusting code from feedback, hugely appreciated.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Just for the record. Combos are part of Missions. If you shoot a yellow mission shot the remaining mission shots will flash blue and yellow for a short time giving a combo value if you shoot it before the time runs out.

Cheers Dwight this I didn’t know, mostly because I don’t have much chance to look up at the screen when playing.

So is there recognition for these combos within mission? For example on the lcd feeding back to the player they have achieved a mission combo.

And do you get additional Beskar for making these combos within missions?

A combo scoreboard would be a great addition, the more to achieve within the game/leaderboards the better especially with this game as it’s one of the best code packages ever imo, the foundry adding RPG elements into pinball is genius.

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

My comments were just tongue in cheek !
A bit of frustration thrown in for good measure about the uv kits for ST but I think insider connect is a good idea, I also think Mando is my favourite pin I’ve ever played and Sterns best machine out of the box, and my only very small gripe with it is not being able to do a super skill shot at the start of every ball.
Dwight you’re a legend, end of and if you give us the options in menu for use of the skill post as you suggested then Mando is perfect for me, so credit where it’s due, Thankyou for listening

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

My comments were just tongue in cheek !
A bit of frustration thrown in for good measure about the uv kits for ST but I think insider connect is a good idea, I also think Mando is my favourite pin I’ve ever played and Sterns best machine out of the box, and my only very small gripe with it is not being able to do a super skill shot at the start of every ball.
Dwight you’re a legend, end of and if you give us the options in menu for use of the skill post as you suggested then Mando is perfect for me, so credit where it’s due, Thankyou for listening

My bad! I guess I'm just frustrated in general with people getting worked up about speculation, most of which is pretty wild speculation. I understand where you're coming from.

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’m wondering if there is a better solution involving the right ramp to horseshoe for a similar flow.

Unless the goal is to not have Ambush ever happen. I think I have done it once in hundreds of games.

It's certainly something you need to focus on if you want to play it on the pro. The biggest issue seems to be the hard return from the U shot as it can be risky in how it bounces off the side and can go SDTM.

I think most people just don't realize what shot qualifies it

#2010 2 years ago

Xaqery thank for taking feedback on the upper post. Just wondering how you feel about the following:

Progress on encounters - as a premium/LE owner I love the upper pf, it might be the best upper pf fun on any of the games I own (LOTR, Wh20, WOZ). But the current bonus round design feels like a penalty as you know you are going to drain. The natural progression should be after round 1, go to round 2, then 3, and then bonus. Otherwise endless visits to this area are going to feel very tired...

CHILD lanes - I think it's fair to see this area is not the game's strength. The majority of the awards go down the same lanes, so the feeling of it being force/random is missing. Is the a way for the player to intervene e.g. can a button press stop the magnet's force?

Ambush - is a bloody hard shot to make (premium/LE). I can make the u-turn and then 1 or 2 times after, that is a beautiful shot but not easy to make. Is there any way to bring it into the game more? Someone else mentioned it better in the past few pages

Combos - Sorry to mention it again Dwight A basic combo reward outside of missions would be really sweet for a few extra beskar ingots

I LOVE what you and the team are doing with this game. Cheers for reading this.

#2011 2 years ago

So Mando hitting #2 I was looking forward to the wave of low ratings from people who have never played it. The first guy’s history is great. I never realized until now that Rescue 911 is twice as good as Mando.
04CF0D8F-280C-4E14-A528-F95720CA335F (resized).jpeg04CF0D8F-280C-4E14-A528-F95720CA335F (resized).jpeg

#2012 2 years ago

Dude forget Mando, I never realized that Monster Bash is the PERFECT game. Oh and Avengers too apparently, as long as it ain’t the pro.

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:I found that same loose screw. On my game it came from the clear plastic over the Mando upper playfield. Thanks

This was where it came from, and interestingly the ball was coming out (the plastic was lifting where there was no screw), that plastic cover is much needed. Thanks for the help!

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have mine at 6.8 and the ball bounces off the post 90% of the time as well. Should have been a metal post instead of plastic one, just like Met.

I don't have this issue, bouncebacks down the right orbit are rare for me, and I'm set at 6.5 degrees and normal flipper power. I don't really have a problem with the post up there either, the design doesn't bother me.

I get a lot of drops from the Child and/or Plunge down the D / Razercrest lane, seems like 75% plus over to this lane, playfield is level. I think somebody said they took the rubber off one of the posts and it helped mix it up a bit?

Always cool when the designer / programmer is out here listening to us, thanks Dwight!

#2015 2 years ago

I just heard on the Pinball Show podcast that the October Premium Mando run has now been postponed til December. Ugh

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I just heard on the Pinball Show podcast that the October Premium Mando run has now been postponed til December. Ugh

I assume that means the subsequent runs are also gonna be pushed back by about the same amount of time. Definitely a bummer for everyone.

#2017 2 years ago

What rubber size is on this post on the middle back of the playfield? It doesn’t show a rubber size in the manual and it seems like any rubber size slightly hangs over a bit and sometimes will hang up an orbit shot

68008F27-B65A-4909-BEAD-E3E9BF024726 (resized).jpeg68008F27-B65A-4909-BEAD-E3E9BF024726 (resized).jpeg
#2018 2 years ago

My day 1 Pro just got bumped again to November. So if anyone wants to upgrade to a premium and is somewhat close to me send me a pm. Starting to worry Stern is just gonna bump us all to 2022 for the extra cash.

#2019 2 years ago

Just had my first opportunity to check this forum today.

Mando #2 on Pinside (for now). Yay!

Dwight answering questions on Pinside. Yay!

Manufacturing delayed. Not yay...

#2020 2 years ago

OK. Its just started happening (been fine up until today)... as the ball goes round the orbits (right to left), comes down the left orbit and SDTM. This has only just started happening... the Pin is level. Anyone??

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

OK. Its just started happening (been fine up until today)... as the ball goes round the orbits (right to left), comes down the left orbit and SDTM. This has only just started happening... the Pin is level. Anyone??

I’ve seen it going around more (in a satisfying way) but never sdtm.

#2022 2 years ago

Hey all, I bought the pro version a couple weeks ago (my very first pin). Just wondering if anyone with a pro has purchased the rifle armor? I was wondering how much of the artwork on the sides of the cabinet get covered?

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Yeah. The left guide is working its way inward and exposing the post. Adjust it back out. I have had to do this a couple times already.

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Move plastic over left orbit (2 nuts one screw) to expose screws holding ball guide. The guide likes to move inward at the last mounting point allowing the ball to clip the sleeved post at the end of the guide. Reposition guide so ball doesn't touch post and tighten. Replace plastic

#2025 2 years ago

Game playing differently after only 100 or so plays.

I am a newbie folks. Mandalorian LE is my first owned game. (We had a Twilight Zone growing up which I loved... I have finally moved into a home with a game room, so have started my collection). I have put about 100 games on it in the first month. And I have noticed it playing differently: balls coming down the left orbit have a slope that is targeted right between the flippers now, backhanding the shot up the scoop almost never works anymore (it just bounces back instead of going up) and I can almost never hit the ball up the left ramp (hits the posts around the entrance or goes up part way and falls back). Do I just suck as a player? Back luck streak? Or is the game settling/wearing already? Thoughts?

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What rubber size is on this post on the middle back of the playfield? It doesn’t show a rubber size in the manual and it seems like any rubber size slightly hangs over a bit and sometimes will hang up an orbit shot
[quoted image]

Exactly my problem. Nobody seems bothered but I find it very annoying that the rubber posts along the orbits slow down the orbit shots.

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

5/16" looks like to me.

#2028 2 years ago

I say take the rubber off.

#2029 2 years ago

So have we got any explanation regarding if the Foundry is working as designed after the software update? I haven't updated yet as there were reports about the action button not working.

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So have we got any explanation regarding if the Foundry is working as designed after the software update? I haven't updated yet as there were reports about the action button not working.

You can just time it out, well worth updating!

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

5/16" looks like to me.

If someone has a pro and can look at there game and confirm they have a rubber

Quoted from JayLar:

Exactly my problem. Nobody seems bothered but I find it very annoying that the rubber posts along the orbits slow down the orbit shots.

Quoted from pb456:

5/16" looks like to me.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say take the rubber off.

Can someone shoot me a picture of their area if they have a pro? Mine came with the 5/16 rubber on it but I've been told by others that their's has a post sleeve which would be slimmer. Unfortunatley a post sleeve won't fit on what's on my game. thank you

#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Sometimes you have to double tap.

#2033 2 years ago
Quoted from Hitrichelovek:

ly: balls coming down the left orbit have a slope that is targeted right between the flippers now, ?

I had this happen. Need to check the metal outlane guide. Mine wasnt tight so it drifted back which caused the post at the end to stick out. This made the ball klunk that post and always go sdtm. Check the right side for reference. Easy enough fix.

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I would guess that Stern will do another update to squash that error. If it were me in hindsight I'd wait. You can just wait until the timer runs out for foundry. Some have said double tapping the action button works, but I have not had success doing that. Should just take one push to select your item(s) and move on. Maybe we will see another update soon to address that error.

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I would guess that Stern will do another update to squash that error.

You'd really think so but for context, TMNT's Final Battle mode and Final Battle Challenge still don't have audio since the last code update about 5 months ago.

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You'd really think so but for context, TMNT's Final Battle mode and Final Battle Challenge still don't have audio since the last code update about 5 months ago.

That's insane. Have people reached out to Dwight about this? Surely they have... I have to believe something as major as this will be addressed at some point.

#2037 2 years ago

Here’s the area I was looking to get a picture on the pro. I’m trying to find out if anyone has a post sleeve from the factory here

EF2898C8-4751-452A-8508-F8BCF4F2B4B1 (resized).jpegEF2898C8-4751-452A-8508-F8BCF4F2B4B1 (resized).jpeg
#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That's insane. Have people reached out to Dwight about this? Surely they have... I have to believe something as major as this will be addressed at some point.

Have you known pinheads to not be vocal about issues? haha. I believe it will be updated soon when Insider Connected is implemented in the code, but it has been a known issue for nearly half a year.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I don’t believe the issues on games Dwight codes are his fault, you can see the passion he puts into his code when they do the reveal streams and he deep dives into the rules, on podcasts you can hear his passion and the crazy amount of thought he puts into trying to make each code packages different from the last.

The fact he comes here and reads Pinside and takes on feedback (like the up post and hopefully fingers crossed more combos for Mando) is all the proof you need he is committed and passionate. It probably has alot more to do with the time Stern give him on a project before they assign him to the next.

Lyman is a code master but alot of his work was done on his own time and I wouldn’t ask anyone to work on their own time especially when it’s a management issue not giving a person long enough to put all they have into a project before forcing them over to the next.

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t believe the issues on games Dwight codes are his fault, you can see the passion he puts into his code when they do the reveal streams and he deep dives into the rules, on podcasts you can hear his passion and the crazy amount of thought he puts into trying to make each code packages different from the last.

While I am not going disagree that Stern likely doesn't give him enough time to work on his games post-release, there does seem to be a pattern that is hard to ignore relating to polish and bug fixes, at least recently. Surely at some point, a Lead Game Developer has some responsibility and authority when it comes to the development of the game. A quick update to restore previous functionality broken by an update should be relatively simple (but what do I know) and a relatively high priority in my mind.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from Bbairdo:

Hey all, I bought the pro version a couple weeks ago (my very first pin). Just wondering if anyone with a pro has purchased the rifle armor? I was wondering how much of the artwork on the sides of the cabinet get covered?

I've been wondering this too, purchased the side armor but I've yet to hear boo from Stern as to when it will show up. has anyone received these?

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I've been wondering this too, purchased the side armor but I've yet to hear boo from Stern as to when it will show up. has anyone received these?

Also have a set on order but no idea on ETA.

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Playing around with some gels. Went blue on the CHILD lanes and green on the child and heal inserts. Nice cheap mod, pleased with them!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you link to the "gels" you're using. I'm a sucker for enhancing the color of inserts so I'm liking what you did there. (Cue the Rainbow Puke Police)

#2044 2 years ago

I haven't seen may people post about the ramp lights. They are a nice feature if you aren't going to replace them. I also got a "Beskar" cup holder and sadly I'm a member of the cracked ramp as of Saturday. I emailed Cliffy. meant to post this here.

20210818_193825 (resized).jpg20210818_193825 (resized).jpg20210910_195820_capture (resized).jpg20210910_195820_capture (resized).jpg20211004_170546 (resized).jpg20211004_170546 (resized).jpg
#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

While I am not going disagree that Stern likely doesn't give him enough time to work on his games post-release, there does seem to be a pattern that is hard to ignore relating to polish and bug fixes, at least recently. Surely at some point, a Lead Game Developer has some responsibility and authority when it comes to the development of the game. A quick update to restore previous functionality broken by an update should be relatively simple (but what do I know) and a relatively high priority in my mind.

I agree with you completely, there is a level of responsibility and if you know approx how much time your going to get allocated on each project it comes down to being tighter with your time management.

And there is no excuse for breaking a feature and not fixing it, as you say there is a pattern which is a massive shame considering what Dwight codes is often some of the best when it comes to theme integration. The RPGesque elements with Beskar and the Foundry is a stroke of brilliance, what’s there just needs polishing up.

#2046 2 years ago

Anybody install the Diddy Boba Fett ship yet? Impressions?

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody install the Diddy Boba Fett ship yet? Impressions?

I did - easy install and looks awesome. The light up effects are very minor

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I did - easy install and looks awesome. The light up effects are very minor

Just guns light up I think with fiber optic? How does the cockpit look without a windshield overlay? Any pictures/video in light up action? Thanks!

#2049 2 years ago
IMG_20211003_200242__01.jpgIMG_20211003_200242__01.jpgIMG_20211004_202318.jpgIMG_20211004_202318.jpg
#2050 2 years ago

Going to Stream My Mandalorian Pro with new code starting at 8:15
https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

Come check out my animated Grogu!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/41?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.