Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 157.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

During last night's deadflip stream Dwight said that the post always comes up on a right orbit so I guess it's working as intended? Not a fan of that decision.

It's a terrible decision, because it serves no other purpose than to block that shot. Dwight needs to swallow his pride and change it.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

During last night's deadflip stream Dwight said that the post always comes up on a right orbit so I guess it's working as intended? Not a fan of that decision.

Yeah I would much prefer it only when child is lit, no other need to go into the rollovers unless child is lit and ready, come on Dwight change this and add in some combos and combo high scores.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah I would much prefer it only when child is lit, no other need to go into the rollovers unless child is lit and ready, come on Dwight change this and add in some combos and combo high scores.

What that man said

#1954 2 years ago

Anybody recognize this little tiny black screw? Raised my playfield and heard it fall a pretty good way, so was somewhere on the bottom of the playfield before it was lifted.

51255A98-FE16-4E8A-BB2A-3A90D8A316E6 (resized).jpeg51255A98-FE16-4E8A-BB2A-3A90D8A316E6 (resized).jpeg
#1955 2 years ago

Ok so I updated to the new code on my Mando Le and while playing noticed that after I completed the first two encounter missions they were solid colored on the upper playfield but on the main playfield the number 1 for e counters was still flashing like it was never completed.

I will say I havnt really read the rules I just play lol so do you have to complete all three up top for the 1 on the main playfield to register complete?

#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Ok so I updated to the new code on my Mando Le and while playing noticed that after I completed the first two encounter missions they were solid colored on the upper playfield but on the main playfield the number 1 for e counters was still flashing like it was never completed.
I will say I havnt really read the rules I just play lol so do you have to complete all three up top for the 1 on the main playfield to register complete?

I believed that is the correct behavior. It should light 1 solid on the playfield once 3 levels finished on mini playfield.

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I believed that is the correct behavior. It should light 1 solid on the playfield once 3 levels finished on mini playfield.

Cool thanks for the quick response

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

What that man said

Same. It’s a horrible flaw in the game that’s so easily remedied, can’t believe Dwight doesn’t recognize that.

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Same. It’s a horrible flaw in the game that’s so easily remedied, can’t believe Dwight doesn’t recognize that.

Game isn't even 1.0 yet. I'm sure we will see lots more changes/tweaks.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Game isn't even 1.0 yet. I'm sure we will see lots more changes/tweaks.

I don’t think “lots” is the correct word, but I can’t fault you for dreaming.

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I don’t think “lots” is the correct word, but I can’t fault you for dreaming.

Agreed, reign in your expectations, we're in landing gear down territory not snacking on the mid-flight meal.

Come on a Dwight, that post and combos...

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

can’t believe Dwight doesn’t recognize that.

Might not be his call for one reason or another. He’s aware of the issue, I’m sure.

Anyone know when the premiums are going back on the market? They will come with the connectivity thing?

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody recognize this little tiny black screw? Raised my playfield and heard it fall a pretty good way, so was somewhere on the bottom of the playfield before it was lifted.
[quoted image]

Looks like the screw that goes on the plastic near the left orbit. I could be wrong however, but it does have one small black screw for some reason.

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

I found that same loose screw. On my game it came from the clear plastic over the Mando upper playfield. Thanks

#1965 2 years ago

Put in some serious time on mando this weekend. Game was a slow burn for me, but now it’s really starting to click for me and I love the foundry and the strategy of this game. Mando is a big win for me.

#1966 2 years ago

Xaqery hey Dwight what is your take on the up post? Seems to be a popular opinion to only activate it when child is lit.

Mando flows surprisingly well it seems a shame to limit that flow and fun and any plans to focus and add combos? Thanks

#1967 2 years ago

Obviously all the Mando’s shipped so far don’t have insider connect on.
So the biggest shout out is the post always staying up from the right orbit.
So Stern will have an insider connect exclusive feature where it will only come up when child is lit to force all the non insider connect owners to buy the insider connect !!!
Sound crazy ?
Just look at what they did with Stranger Things and the ‘add on’ UV Kit !
When are big companies like Stern going to stop creaming the loyal customers that repeatedly buy their games and keep them in business.
Every year the prices go up, that’s fine, but listen to the customers and don’t try to fleece them with ‘add ons’ that should be part of the game when sold.
Rant over.
Apart from this ludicrous post issue I think it’s one of the best pins I’ve had, and I’ve had all the ‘top’ machines since the 90’s.

#1968 2 years ago

Are Stern's notorious factory coil stops an issue with this game? Supposed to be getting my NIB this months and wondering if I should order replacements ahead of time.

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Are Stern's notorious factory coil stops an issue with this game? Supposed to be getting my NIB this months and wondering if I should order replacements ahead of time.

I always keep spares on hand.

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

I honestly have not had any coil stop issues as of yet from 4 NIB purchases in the past 12 months. With that being said, spare parts on hand is ALWAYS a good thing.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I honestly have not had any coil stop issues as of yet from 4 NIB purchases in the past 12 months. With that being said, spare parts on hand is ALWAYS a good thing.

I haven’t had this issue for a while

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Is the stream no longer awailable? Can't find anything on the deadlip page on twitch...(?)

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from XStone:

Is the stream no longer awailable? Can't find anything on the deadlip page on twitch...(?)

Jack said to me Friday that he'll upload it on YouTube this weekend. That's not the case for now.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

They must have used up the stock of crap parts. We haven’t had the premature failures in games after JP release

#1975 2 years ago

Code .98 foundry issue…

DOUBLE TAP the action button!!!!

Also, same issue with ambian rifle. DOUBLE TAP to use!

Sorry if someone already came across this. But read this issue the other day in the forum, updated code today on my machine. This works.

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

DOUBLE TAP the action button!!!!
Also, same issue with ambian rifle. DOUBLE TAP to use!

Nice. I’ll check that out later tonight.
“Controlled Pairs” for the ambian rifle and action button.
Is it the same for flame thrower?

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Xaqery hey Dwight what is your take on the up post? Seems to be a popular opinion to only activate it when child is lit.
Mando flows surprisingly well it seems a shame to limit that flow and fun and any plans to focus and add combos? Thanks

Issue is it will be hard to light child if you do this .. maybe disable in modes .,. And def disable on skill shott at all times .

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is it the same for flame thrower?

Flame thrower is a HOLD until all shots on fire.

#1979 2 years ago

Playing around with some gels. Went blue on the CHILD lanes and green on the child and heal inserts. Nice cheap mod, pleased with them!

20211003_190417 (resized).jpg20211003_190417 (resized).jpg20211003_190443 (resized).jpg20211003_190443 (resized).jpg

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Playing around with some gels. Went blue on the CHILD lanes and green on the child and heal inserts. Nice cheap mod, pleased with them!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quite like the green might have to try that on the child lanes too.

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are no plans for combos to be added. Sorry.

I read a lot of forums and talk to lots of people. I am not sure I would agree its popular. Maybe its popular in England. : -- )
This doesnt mean its not a good idea.

1 - The right orbit is the only way to send the ball to the top lanes during play. I beleive it would be bad design to have zero ways. Completing the top lanes leads to bonus multipliers which could lead to some good end of ball bonuses.

2 - By design, if the post comes up, a shot up the right orbit should go to the top lanes. It should not come back down the right orbit. When I play I would say the ball returns back down the right orbit about 12.5% of the time.

3 - I think I will add a tweak to the disable top pot adjustment. It will have 3 settings: DISABLED, CHILD, NORMAL defaulting to NORMAL. The new setting will only bring up the top post when the child is lit. I will add the CHILD setting to the INSTALL DIRECTORS CUT.

Quoted from Mando:

Issue is it will be hard to light child if you do this .. maybe disable in modes .,. And def disable on skill shott at all times .

THE CHILD is lit from shooting orbits and the top skill shot. So it will be okay.

#1982 2 years ago

Thanks for the post Dwight!

My game running at an angle of 6.3 and reduced flipper power can't agree with your experiences. On about 90% of right orbit shots the ball bounces off the post and comes back down the orbit.

I love the idea of option 3. If you were able to do this, for the CHILD option would the post also be down by default on the plunge? The only way to get the skill shot with any skill is to go for the C. This means I'm holding the flipper button down for every plunge which seems a bit silly.

Please think about combos, even if it's something basic. This game flows like crazy and there should be some reward for that, even it's just 3 way, 4 way, etc. and a bit of extra beskar for for the shop

#1983 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks for the post Dwight!
My game running at an angle of 6.3 and reduced flipper power can't agree with your experiences. On about 90% of right orbit shots the ball bounces off the post and comes back down the orbit.
I love the idea of option 3. If you were able to do this, for the CHILD option would the post also be down by default on the plunge? The only way to get the skill shot with any skill is to go for the C. This means I'm holding the flipper button down for every plunge which seems a bit silly.
Please think about combos, even if it's something basic. This game flows like crazy and there should be some reward for that, even it's just 3 way, 4 way, etc. and a bit of extra beskar for for the shop

I have mine at 6.8 and the ball bounces off the post 90% of the time as well. Should have been a metal post instead of plastic one, just like Met.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no plans for combos to be added. Sorry.
I read a lot of forums and talk to lots of people. I am not sure I would agree its popular. Maybe its popular in England. : -- )
This doesnt mean its not a good idea.
1 - The right orbit is the only way to send the ball to the top lanes during play. I beleive it would be bad design to have zero ways. Completing the top lanes leads to bonus multipliers which could lead to some good end of ball bonuses.
2 - By design, if the post comes up, a shot up the right orbit should go to the top lanes. It should not come back down the right orbit. When I play I would say the ball returns back down the right orbit about 12.5% of the time.
3 - I think I will add a tweak to the disable top pot adjustment. It will have 3 settings: DISABLED, CHILD, NORMAL defaulting to NORMAL. The new setting will only bring up the top post when the child is lit. I will add the CHILD setting to the INSTALL DIRECTORS CUT.

THE CHILD is lit from shooting orbits and the top skill shot. So it will be okay.

Combos aren’t popular??? That’s why Keith made Combos in AIQ a main part of the game. I think combos have been a great part of pinball for decades.

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Combos aren’t popular??? That’s why Keith made Combos in AIQ a main part of the game. I think combos have been a great part of pinball for decades.

I believe he was speaking about this game specifically.

#1986 2 years ago

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Combos are a massive buzz for a player, an immediate reward by the game telling the player they are in the zone. They are cool.

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Combos are a massive buzz for a player, an immediate reward by the game telling the player they are in the zone. They are cool.

I love the combos for an extra ball in JP, especially ability to set dna shots to 3, 4 or 5 to light extra ball. All these shots needs to add up to something. Hell, I even printed out a little cheat sheet for them.

Any way to make the child variable based on flipper like twighlight? One is power and one is release? Would make you feel like you are the force.

I love that Dwight is engaged here. Let’s make this bad boy rock.

F72F6C34-22A0-482D-8FC8-568AF9EC1368 (resized).jpegF72F6C34-22A0-482D-8FC8-568AF9EC1368 (resized).jpeg
#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Dwight wasn't speaking to the popularity of combos. He was responding to the poster who said it was "popular opinion" to only have the post up when child was lit. As far as not having combos on Mando, designer's choice I guess. I am just glad Dwight posts in here and answers questions.

#1990 2 years ago

I just played several games and every shot to the right orbit that hit the post was rejected back down the right lane. So my success rate is 0%.

#1991 2 years ago

Not sure why, but I’ve never had a defect shot up the right orbit. I’ve literally never had a reject shot Up the left ramp off the diverter, and I think I can only count two times the ball went stdm off the child lanes. Maybe I got lucky with a dialed in machine!!

But I will say this…I’ve been massively unlucky when it comes to launching encounters. I’ve been working with stern support for OVER a month now with laxidasical responses trying to figure out why my ball gets stuck in the diverter and the encounter modes never launch. It kind of sucks.

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Dwight wasn't speaking to the popularity of combos. He was responding to the poster who said it was "popular opinion" to only have the post up when child was lit. As far as not having combos on Mando, designer's choice I guess. I am just glad Dwight posts in here and answers questions.

Yes I see now that he was alluding to the post. Either way it would be nice to see combos added to the code.

#1993 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yes I see now that he was alluding to the post. Either way it would be nice to see combos added to the code.

Just for the record. Combos are part of Missions. If you shoot a yellow mission shot the remaining mission shots will flash blue and yellow for a short time giving a combo value if you shoot it before the time runs out.

#1994 2 years ago

Xaqery Love the game but I’m curious if you have any new opinions/progress on improving encounter progress? I’m also curious about Ambush on the Pro because the consecutive shots on the Pro seem a lot less consistent/easy than the Premium. I’m wondering if there is a better solution involving the right ramp to horseshoe for a similar flow.

Unless the goal is to not have Ambush ever happen. I think I have done it once in hundreds of games.

#1995 2 years ago

Xaquery
We got one of the early Pros for our location..
Took me a long while to get a feel for this game but can now say I am addicted
Great job by you and team!
Its the little things and attention to detail that I have been noticing lately and keep
Me wanting to play that One More Game

Can you address the latest code concerns?
Was set to upload it tday but held off because of what others were saying about the action button
Is the dbl tap the answer?
Thanks and cant wait for 1.0!

#1996 2 years ago

Maybe disable the post when the orbit is lit for a mission shot or hunter?

#1997 2 years ago

Is there a way to toggle between blue and green on the razor crest modes? The new code seemed to add blue (the hurry-up mode), but I used to buy the razor crest in the foundry planning for multiball. What determines blue or green? Got 1.4b today (stage 3 of “I like the odds” , really enjoy the game and will get to “this is the way” soon enough! It’s a catch and shoot game for me (which is just fine). Anytime I feel some flow it’s about 5-10 seconds until I get a 100mph ball down the drain.

One thing I’m not crazy about and it’s common on all Sterns (compared to JJP or Bally/Midway) are the high powered slings. Has anybody had success dialing them back?

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

One thing I’m not crazy about and it’s common on all Sterns (compared to JJP or Bally/Midway) are the high powered slings. Has anybody had success dialing them back?

Strength is adjustable in the menus.

#1999 2 years ago

Game is awesome! I love the way it shoots!! Good video integration for sure. Play at least once a day the past month! On weekends all day. Lol

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Wait, so you mean the post being up ISNT a conspiracy to sell more Insider Connected kits? haha, that other dude sure had me convinced!

In all seriousness though, I love how you're willing to engage with the owner communities about coding decisions and future changes for this game and the others that you code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/40?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.