pasted_image (resized).png
20220114_235057339_iOS_LI (resized).jpg
20220113_192837 (resized).jpg
20220112_182436839_iOS (resized).jpg
image-23-12-2021_15-13-51-59 (resized).jpg
IMG-20211205-WA0007 (resized).jpeg
FD9FF0DC-F1FA-4B7C-8AC4-260DB711D9EB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 71.
#1901 3 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Stream tonight! Glad it's being streamed, I always find the changelog readme to be pretty vague.
[quoted image]

Deadflip never exactly does a good job either of explaining code. Nothing against him but if your looking for good code explanation he ain't it. He usually fluffs around loading it on then plays it... which is fine but not particularly thrilling viewing. I was hoping stern starts to broaden its use of streamers tbh.

#1902 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I did a full and still have all my presets and scores. But foundry on my LE is still angry.

I lost my scores and presets and the issue persists after a full install with verify.

If you keep changing your foundry item the counter resets to 10 each time to restart the count down.

You could consume a beer while taking a break doing this I guess...

Sorry the foundry is angry in your LE. The foundry in my Pro is just indecisive or lazy now on 0.98

#1903 3 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Deadflip never exactly does a good job either of explaining code. Nothing against him but if your looking for good code explanation he ain't it. He usually fluffs around loading it on then plays it... which is fine but not particularly thrilling viewing. I was hoping stern starts to broaden its use of streamers tbh.

I guess what I meant was that streaming > text files when it comes to understanding bullet points like “added polish to ______” and “updated light show for ____”, since it’s tough to get a sense of scale from the text file. I feel like code updates also tend to pepper in things like additional call outs or clips or light cues, etc— and those aren’t always in the notes.

I’ll agree that for actually learning the rules his format isn’t the best, but learning the nitty gritty of the rules also isn’t what I expect from his streams anyway, so it doesn’t leave me disappointed or anything.

#1904 3 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Well I got that neoprene you linked us to but there is still no Mando to stick it on. I just can't understand godzilla shipping before they fulfill Mando orders. Makes no sense unless stern is purposely delaying Mando to hike the price up.

It's not a delay on Mando, though. Stern already ran their first production waves of pro and premiums, and the second premium run was always planned for October after whatever their next reveal was (which we now know is Godzilla).

I knew when I placed my order that I was in the Oct. production run. If your distro didn't let you know what the production schedule was, and what wave you were in, that's on them.

#1905 3 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They said in the reveal stream it’s supposed to have that distressed look

Based on that comment by Brian Eddy at the stream, I decided to go with HookedOnPinball's version (3rd party supplied ball) with the skull shooter plate and it looks great on our LE. Did Stern have a shooter plate Mando theme option as well?

#1906 3 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did Stern have a shooter plate Mando theme option as well?

Nope - not a plate.
Hooked version hits the mark.

#1907 3 months ago

You guys can thank me for the code update. I sold my Mando premium to fund Godzilla LE right before the new code dropped lol.

#1908 3 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

How do you access this after you turn it on?

I don’t know if .98 removes it so make sure you are still on .97 go into the menu and off the top of my head without looking I think it’s in feature adjustments fairly close at the start maybe adjustment #6 you can’t miss it.

The adjustment will say “this is the way debug” with options “yes/no” set it to yes and when you start a game it will begin in the wizard mode, it’s a fantastic mode!

#1909 3 months ago

Noticed they still didn't fix the crappy video quality in some dark scenes. You think they would at least fix the bad image compression in the bonus count screen.

#1910 3 months ago

I have the foundry bug on my premium as well. Action button does nothing - hitting both flippers together does nothing - just need to let it time out. The odd thing is that it selects the item when the counter gets to 3 (not 0). I chose the default install options, which I always do (Quick - No Verify). Doesn't sound like they make a difference anyway.

#1911 3 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Noticed they still didn't fix the crappy video quality in some dark scenes. You think they would at least fix the bad image compression in the bonus count screen.

I hate to say it, but the problem might be the hardware. I’ve been living vicariously by watching streams while I wait for my Prem, and all direct-feed video looks great, which means video compression may not be the issue.

Has anyone tried running the video to another monitor to see if it makes a difference?

#1912 3 months ago

Hooray for challenge mode! I love those.

#1913 3 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I hate to say it, but the problem might be the hardware. I’ve been living vicariously by watching streams while I wait for my Prem, and all direct-feed video looks great, which means video compression may not be the issue.
Has anyone tried running the video to another monitor to see if it makes a difference?

You may be right. But it's not in every clip, only some. Deceive the Magistrate is one of the worst.

#1914 3 months ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Hooray for challenge mode! I love those.

I like it but hope the main focus now is placed on more polish. Simple fixes like upper diverter and toning down magnet pulse so it doesn’t auto score 2,5 mil and send ball SDTM seem like reasonable fixes. That area is just not very rewarding.
Happy to see some changes to scoring and the mini pf.

#1915 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

I like it but hope the main focus now is placed on more polish. Simple fixes like upper diverter and toning down magnet pulse so it doesn’t auto score 2,5 mil and send ball SDTM seem like reasonable fixes. That area is just not very rewarding.

I agree, get the main game right first and then work on the nice to have bits.

#1916 3 months ago

Ignore this message I can’t delete my post !

#1917 3 months ago

Came to see if anyone else has the issue with the foundry and the lockdown bar button and it seems so, I updated right before league last night and I had a few players point it out to me. Hopefully stern fixes that one quick. I did full install and verify as I had time to kill while working on some of the machines. Rechecked to make sure I had installed the pro code once the issue was reported and I had so not sure what the issue is. Button works for everything else we tested it on.

#1918 3 months ago

I agree that the main game is the most important thing. The challenge mode seems like it could use a little polish as well. Although I stink at it so what would I know, lol. Polish will probably happen along with the rest of the game. I just love that the game has one. Heck, I'd like to have a few challenge modes!

I got Ambush as a ? reward from the foundry. That was cool. It brings me back to a point I made earlier on how I'd like to see the ambush mode pop up on you. Or kinda feel like an ambush. It should be deterministic to be fair in competitive play. But I like how in Star Wars it felt kinda random. I've gotten better at looping the flip down scoop shot on the premium/le. It's pretty awesome when you get a few in a row. But, I was thinking that maybe some of the other modes in the game could contribute to qualifying Ambush mode. I believe it take 5 count ups to qualify. Maybe every two missions completed will advance the count up by 1. Every level 3 encounter advances it by 1. Razor Crest modes advance it by 1. This could be done quietly behind the scenes until BAM, you've qualified Ambush!

Just a thought. Fun game, it's a keeper.

#1919 3 months ago

I had just one game last night and also saw the Foundary button bug as well, but I did *something* that got around it. I don't know if I held the button in longer, or double tapped, or what exactly but I didn't have to wait for 10s.

#1920 3 months ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I agree that the main game is the most important thing. The challenge mode seems like it could use a little polish as well. Although I stink at it so what would I know, lol. Polish will probably happen along with the rest of the game. I just love that the game has one. Heck, I'd like to have a few challenge modes!
I got Ambush as a ? reward from the foundry. That was cool. It brings me back to a point I made earlier on how I'd like to see the ambush mode pop up on you. Or kinda feel like an ambush. It should be deterministic to be fair in competitive play. But I like how in Star Wars it felt kinda random. I've gotten better at looping the flip down scoop shot on the premium/le. It's pretty awesome when you get a few in a row. But, I was thinking that maybe some of the other modes in the game could contribute to qualifying Ambush mode. I believe it take 5 count ups to qualify. Maybe every two missions completed will advance the count up by 1. Every level 3 encounter advances it by 1. Razor Crest modes advance it by 1. This could be done quietly behind the scenes until BAM, you've qualified Ambush!
Just a thought. Fun game, it's a keeper.

Love that idea to add a surprise element to Ambush! And it's very in-keeping with the theme of the show.

#1921 3 months ago

Come on Dwight get this game polished like a marble floor this ones too good to leave buggy.

It does concern me that with every update there are always new bugs more so than any of the other code teams at Stern, really want to see this one polished to insane levels, I feel like this is Dwights best code package to date and one of the best code packages out of Stern period!

#1922 3 months ago

extra foundry mod from Tdiddy listed for sale in marketplace under my name.

#1923 3 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

extra foundry mod from Tdiddy listed for sale in marketplace under my name.

How good is the mod? Does it block the view of child lanes or anything?

#1924 3 months ago

PinMonk any chance you have done any testing on Mando yet Vic? I am positive that there is fade after a good 30/40mins of constant play the left ramp just seems harder and harder to make.

#1925 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

PinMonk any chance you have done any testing on Mando yet Vic? I am positive that there is fade after a good 30/40mins of constant play the left ramp just seems harder and harder to make.

I had an owner test it, and there is fade. I rated it as moderate overall (severe on one, mild on the other), and it seems to be most evident on the left flipper with a peak temp of 168F, but the right has it as well, to a lesser extent.

I updated the chart on the product page. Thanks for the reminder!

#1926 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Remove the rubber below and to right of H and all your sdtm issues are gone.

#1927 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had an owner test it, and there is fade. I rated it as moderate overall (severe on one, mild on the other), and it seems to be most evident on the left flipper with a peak temp of 168F, but the right has it as well, to a lesser extent.
I updated the chart on the product page. Thanks for the reminder!

Awesome thanks for the quick Reply Vic, anything moderate to high I feel is well worth the investment in your flipper fans.

Funny thing is I don’t notice it at all on my left flipper unless I am trying to back hand the left ramp (maybe that’s why after extensive play that seems harder, didn’t think of that previously) but right flipper most definitely starts struggling with the left ramp that’s what made me ask.

#1928 3 months ago

Backhands are always the first to get harder or become impossible once fade sets in.

#1929 3 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

I had just one game last night and also saw the Foundary button bug as well, but I did *something* that got around it. I don't know if I held the button in longer, or double tapped, or what exactly but I didn't have to wait for 10s.

I’ve seen this too, double taps or long presses, but only on some selections.

#1930 3 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

It's not a delay on Mando, though. Stern already ran their first production waves of pro and premiums, and the second premium run was always planned for October after whatever their next reveal was (which we now know is Godzilla).
I knew when I placed my order that I was in the Oct. production run. If your distro didn't let you know what the production schedule was, and what wave you were in, that's on them.

Been told end of the month 2 or 3 times. Now there isn't an arrival date. Maybe I should share some blame for not asking for more information. Lesson learned.

#1931 3 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

What I'm going to say is controversial, but I think this game has a better layout than Maiden. Don't get me wrong, you'll love Maiden and it's a very different game. But the design doesn't hang together as good as Mando (minus the upper post).

Quoted from thewool:

What I'm going to say is controversial, but I think this game has a better layout than Maiden. Don't get me wrong, you'll love Maiden and it's a very different game. But the design doesn't hang together as good as Mando (minus the upper post).

I own and love both, but in my opinion the only thing Mando has going against it is layout. Maybe it’s my play style, but for me it’s a catch and shoot, stop and go, complete objectives game vs IM you’re flowing and playing the whole time. Two very different play styles (for me), both hard to walk away from (because a definitive path to improve). I never was a big fan of GoT, all right there in your face, and Mando has a little of that. It’s one of my favorite games (the theme is grail for me) so hope nobody takes this as me ripping it, but just not a real “flowey” game. My opinion only.

#1932 3 months ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Finally received my Stern Mando shooter rod. The quality is... absolutely awful? I'm not sure if they're going for an intentionally distressed look, but it sure looks and feels bad.
As a comparison point, this was taking so long to get I recently picked up one of the Hooked on Pinball ones (which I think is a mod of this Etsy ball - https://www.etsy.com/listing/752909526/its-not-a-toy-razor-crest-baby-yoda-knob). Absolutely beautiful.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like it sat in the box when it got wet and rusted. Even if intentional i prefer the clean look!

#1933 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Backhands are always the first to get harder or become impossible once fade sets in.

This is accurate on my machine.

#1934 3 months ago

Maybe it’s meant to be, but the scope or ambush mode (where everything goes dead and red except for the return diverter on the u-turn) seems disruptive to me. I’ll be one shot away from stacking a mode and razercrest multiball, and that damn thing lights up and disable everything. Of course I shoot at it and great if I get it but high risk of fast reject to drain. Seems disruptive to game progress.

Maybe I need to embrace the mode, or study the rules more.

#1935 3 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Maybe it’s meant to be, but the scope or ambush mode (where everything goes dead and red except for the return diverter on the u-turn) seems disruptive to me. I’ll be one shot away from stacking a mode and razercrest multiball, and that damn thing lights up and disable everything. Of course I shoot at it and great if I get it but high risk of fast reject to drain. Seems disruptive to game progress.

Scope is huge because you can get Beskar or 2 pcs of equipment and then a multiplier with the reward. If you really don’t like it wait 5 seconds and it’s over but it’s worth it.

#1936 3 months ago

Yep, scope is big. Hit the left shot for whistling birds and a jetpack. Then you get a playfield multiplier on top. Good stuff!

#1937 3 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

That’s exactly what’s intended. You’ve been ambushed!

#1938 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yep, scope is big. Hit the left shot for whistling birds and a jetpack. Then you get a playfield multiplier on top. Good stuff!

200 Beskar is good because if you have enough you can then start Boba and buy the third for an easy 6x playfield multiplier. I’ve had some big scores doing it this way.

#1939 3 months ago

Good call, I always forget you can buy a multiplier.

#1940 3 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I own and love both, but in my opinion the only thing Mando has going against it is layout. Maybe it’s my play style, but for me it’s a catch and shoot, stop and go, complete objectives game vs IM you’re flowing and playing the whole time. Two very different play styles (for me), both hard to walk away from (because a definitive path to improve). I never was a big fan of GoT, all right there in your face, and Mando has a little of that. It’s one of my favorite games (the theme is grail for me) so hope nobody takes this as me ripping it, but just not a real “flowey” game. My opinion only.

Of course just opinions Mando does not work with stop/play for me, except for the foundry backhand to make sure it does not pop out. By playing quick I can string together many more shots that Maiden (Mando upper post disabled here). For example, both loops of Maiden (premium) are pretty clunky, the same with the ramps. I brick more loops/combos that I actually make. But it's all good, both games are amazing!

#1941 3 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

I brick more loops/combos that I actually make. But it's all good, both games are amazing!

Yes, In my experience Maiden is not clunky at all but keeps you honest.
Mando is similar but a bit more punishing when you miss.

#1942 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Good call, I always forget you can buy a multiplier.

Shit didn’t know that!

I was about to post how do you get all 3 multipliers lit on the right.

Get one from completing boba stand ups (green), the other from competing all 3 shots of scope? How do you get the orange x1?

#1943 3 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Been told end of the month 2 or 3 times. Now there isn't an arrival date. Maybe I should share some blame for not asking for more information. Lesson learned.

Not your fault. Your distro should know better.

The good news is, barring any actual delays, the next run is starting later this month. FWIW, Stern did have some delays due to parts and/or labor constraints last spring, so here’s to hoping that we don’t see a last minute delay to this Oct. run.

#1944 3 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Of course just opinions Mando does not work with stop/play for me, except for the foundry backhand to make sure it does not pop out. By playing quick I can string together many more shots that Maiden (Mando upper post disabled here). For example, both loops of Maiden (premium) are pretty clunky, the same with the ramps. I brick more loops/combos that I actually make. But it's all good, both games are amazing!

Agree with you here, maiden frustrates the hell out of me because looking at it from a layout point of view it should flow like a river but for me it’s clunk city, the ramps and inner loops rattle or clunk way more than they should.

And I totally admit it’s likely my fault and must play better but Mando is a flow monster for me - I will try that upper post disabled and see how I like that, does it affect the child lanes? Not much else the up post is used for to my knowledge other than the child lanes.

#1945 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agree with you here, maiden frustrates the hell out of me because looking at it from a layout point of view it should flow like a river but for me it’s clunk city, the ramps and inner loops rattle or clunk way more than they should.
And I totally admit it’s likely my fault and must play better but Mando is a flow monster for me - I will try that upper post disabled and see how I like that, does it affect the child lanes? Not much else the up post is used for to my knowledge other than the child lanes.

Some pros/cons of disabling the upper post.

Pros:

- Game flows so much better!
- Ball hardly enters the CHILD area, I find this area slows up the game with the ball eventually dribbling out, so I'm happy with that
- Default plunge is a realistic skill shot > round the left orbit, hit the C light for the skill shot
- Both orbits are unlocked during gameplay and can be chained together
- You qualify CHILD lights often through the orbits, it's fun to switch lanes to qualify as the ball is at speed
- My scores seem higher?

Cons:

- Ball hardly enters the CHILD area (again depends if you like this area to begin with)
- You can't really hit the CHILD magnet shot during gameplay, unless the ball snags on an orbit. But you can plunge it which takes some skill, which is fun and then feels like a real reward
- Pops are harder to hit, but you still get plenty of action as the ball deflects up the middle shot

Overall it takes seconds to turn the post on/off so easy to switch. I can only play a few games before turning it off, as you realise how many shots it bricks, especially that right orbit during the game. Hopefully there is a code option which means the post is only up as the CHILD is lit - this would be perfect.

#1946 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shit didn’t know that!
Get one from completing boba stand ups (green), the other from competing all 3 shots of scope? How do you get the orange x1?

You get the orange multiplier by completing Hunter but from a time perspective you can get the scope Beskar and buy the third multiplier and jump in a MB. It works pretty well and is easier to do then completing scope and hunter.

#1947 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shit didn’t know that!

1 from targets
1 from completing hunter
1 from successful scope shot

#1948 3 months ago

Just my luck after waiting for the clify protectors to arrive and other parts I wanted to install ... I go to put in my replacement ramp and it's deformed up top....

Right side looks like it was taken out of the mold while too hot or something and turned up instead of out. I don't have the tools or skill to fix so the top plastic won't go on. You think the person stamping the rivets would notice but I guess not.

image_67169025 (resized).JPG

#1949 3 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Just my luck after waiting for the clify protectors to arrive and other parts I wanted to install ... I go to put in my replacement ramp and it's deformed up top....
Right side looks like it was taken out of the mold while too hot or something and turned up instead of out. I don't have the tools or skill to fix so the top plastic won't go on. You think the person stamping the rivets would notice but I guess not.
[quoted image]

That sucks...time to message Stern.

#1950 3 months ago

During last night's deadflip stream Dwight said that the post always comes up on a right orbit so I guess it's working as intended? Not a fan of that decision.

There are 3,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside