Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 157.
#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

This is where my largest regret is. My first pin was a TMNT premium which I ordered on Day 1, Dwight's last patch on that in December 2020 broke some things like call outs in the final modes. He hasn't fixed those because he's been focused on Mando. I bought Mando Premium for my 2nd pin and here I am still with 0.97 code with buggy behavior at seemingly random points where the upper playfield doesn't register any hits. So now I have two Dwight games with what I consider to be incomplete code. I love the way both of them shoot and I love the high level concept of each of the games where you shoot the left and right ramps then a lock to start a mission/episode to progress through the game. I just feel a bit burned that both of my games are both struggling for code at the same time from the same team, especially after remaining patient the last ~9 months with bugs in TMNT understanding that his team was busy with Mando.

I wouldn't be too worry about that. In an interview on the Flip N Out Pinball YT channel late june, Dwight said he had to finish Mando (for weeks, for months or forever), then switch to TMNT to produce a fix and then switch to Star Wars to update it.

The latest point on Star Wars is certainly in relation with the Insider Connected.

Aside from that, Dwight posted a little, but engaging, chunk of a new release note for Mando three weeks ago on Tilt Forums:

Here is what I did yesterday:

- Changed how and when the action button works with regard to equipment.
- As before, there are two types of presses: HELD and SHORT. HELD is
holding the button down for some time. SHORT is a quick tap of the
button.
- You can now use the Flame Thrower any time you want if it is available.
- The action button will be orange or toggle orange and another color
if you also have other equipment lit that is applicable.
- To use the Flame Thrower press and hold the button down. Soon it will
begin setting shots on fire from right to left across the game. When
you release the button after it begun, it will stop setting shots on
fire.
- If you also had other equipment available and you hold the button
past a very short tap the Flame Thrower will win and your other
equipment will not be used. Likewise, if you have Flame thrower and
something else available and you just tap the button you will use
your other equipment and not the Flame Thrower.
- The action button now flashes a bit differently.
- As before each equipment has its own color:
- ORANGE - FLAME THROWER - Set Shots on fire for 2X each
- GREEN - AMBAN RIFLE - Add-A-Ball in a Multiball
- YELLOW - WHISTLING BIRDS - Spot lit shots in a Mission
- RED - JET PACK - Spot a level during an Encounter
- The button will flash of the color that makes sense depending on the
Equipment and where in the game you are. But if you also have the
Flame Thrower and can use it the button will now toggle between two
colors, orange and the other of the 3 colors.

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I wouldn't be too worry about that. In an interview on the Flip N Out Pinball YT channel late june, Dwight said he had to finish Mando (for weeks, for months or forever), then switch to TMNT to produce a fix and then switch to Star Wars to update it.
The latest point on Star Wars is certainly in relation with the Insider Connected.
Aside from that, Dwight posted a little, but engaging, chunk of a new release note for Mando three weeks ago on Tilt Forums:

That’s encouraging. Hopefully there is an equally long list for the upper playfield coming.

Here are a few other things

- when you lose the ball early after activating the first of the 3 sequence skill shot (the up/down), it should not reset the sequence.

- you have to hit a shot to light the mission lights, but there is no light indication. This is just weird. There are a lot of times where the only shot lit is the left ramp but yet some of the shots do light the next sequence towards starting a mission.

#1753 2 years ago

Another bug/design issue. A right orbit short deflects into the back of the u-turn shot, rolls over the switch and drops the scoop. Ball is then stuck behind the scoop until it times out. Has happened to me quite a few times.

Altogether the right orbit is a bit of an abortion, with most shots hitting the upper post and floating back down. Reminds me of the upper left tardis shot in Dr Who, the difference being that is a dead-end by design. I'm hoping future code gives the option to have this post play a smaller part in the game, it's a nuisance.

Edit: Dwight if you're reading please consider this - leave the post down for the plunge by default, and actually for the whole game. The only time it should be up is when the CHILD lanes are all qualified. The CHILD lanes won't suffer as you'll gain letters from the plunge and the ball inevitably ends up in the CHILD lanes from some orbits.

#1754 2 years ago

Just joined the club getting my Madonna tomorrow. Godzilla looks interesting but difficult saw lots of Drains during the stream except for Elwin. I’ve played Mando on location and jive with it. I will wait to play Godzilla before making such a commitment to funds and space (besides it will not ship until next year).

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from Chumbuket:

Just joined the club getting my Madonna tomorrow. Godzilla looks interesting but difficult saw lots of Drains during the stream except for Elwin. I’ve played Mando on location and jive with it. I will wait to play Godzilla before making such a commitment to funds and space (besides it will not ship until next year).

You'll love it. I would say it's definitely a shooter's game with some nice close/tight shots. You've got to be on your A game or it hands you your ass. It seems to play better on the go, the only shot I cradle is the foundry off the left flipper.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Another bug/design issue. A right orbit short deflects into the back of the u-turn shot, rolls over the switch and drops the scoop. Ball is then stuck behind the scoop until it times out. Has happened to me quite a few times.
Altogether the right orbit is a bit of an abortion, with most shots hitting the upper post and floating back down. Reminds me of the upper left tardis shot in Dr Who, the difference being that is a dead-end by design. I'm hoping future code gives the option to have this post play a smaller part in the game, it's a nuisance.
Edit: Dwight if you're reading please consider this - leave the post down for the plunge by default, and actually for the whole game. The only time it should be up is when the CHILD lanes are all qualified. The CHILD lanes won't suffer as you'll gain letters from the plunge and the ball inevitably ends up in the CHILD lanes from some orbits.

I think you can turn off the post in settings. Not sure what side effects it might have tho.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

I think you can turn off the post in settings. Not sure what side effects it might have tho.

I know I have it turned off. But it makes getting the CHILD reward quite difficult.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

This is where my largest regret is. My first pin was a TMNT premium which I ordered on Day 1, Dwight's last patch on that in December 2020 broke some things like call outs in the final modes. He hasn't fixed those because he's been focused on Mando. I bought Mando Premium for my 2nd pin and here I am still with 0.97 code with buggy behavior at seemingly random points where the upper playfield doesn't register any hits. So now I have two Dwight games with what I consider to be incomplete code. I love the way both of them shoot and I love the high level concept of each of the games where you shoot the left and right ramps then a lock to start a mission/episode to progress through the game. I just feel a bit burned that both of my games are both struggling for code at the same time from the same team, especially after remaining patient the last ~9 months with bugs in TMNT understanding that his team was busy with Mando.
With all of that said, I think Godzilla looks like the better game overall and with my 1 purchase of 2021 I wish it had been Godzilla, not because I don't like Mando but because I think there is more value in Godzilla (I admit though I haven't played it and who knows maybe its code is full of issues as well). I'll still get a Godzilla sometime next year but I wish I had been able to act on an LE.

After watching the Godzilla stream, I bought a Pro yet I still think Mando has better rule set.

#1759 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the factory wire ramps on the pro?

Just wondering what post size is needed (the ones for the plastic are too tall).

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Has anyone installed the factory wire ramps on the pro?
Just wondering what post size is needed (the ones for the plastic are too tall).

Where did you order factory wireforms?

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Where did you order factory wireforms?

PinballLife

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

You hit the nail right on the head. There is really nothing Dwight can do about the ball getting stuck behind the scoop. This is frustrating. I think the only real way to stop this from happening is to install a one way gate to prevent the ball from entering the u-turn from the right orbit. As for the orbit shot I totally agree with you 100%. I really hope Dwight fixes that issue on the next update.
Come to think of it...why would the orbit post be up if the child lanes are not lit?

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Come to think of it...why would the orbit post be up if the child lanes are not lit?

To get you into the pop bumpers. I don't think there is any other way.

#1764 2 years ago

Anyone know when the next round of premiums will be ready for those who ordered months back? Just doesn't seem right for godzilla to ship before Mandos.

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

To get you into the pop bumpers. I don't think there is any other way.

Not true, I have shots going up in the middle that end up in the pops all the time.

Let's face facts, the CHILD area serve a purpose in the game, Grogu is awesome and an integral part of Mando-lore, but how it plays is boring. The fun is in every other area of the game.

What would be ideal is keep the post down on a strong plunge to light a CHILD light (with the option to hold the flipper button on the plunge to keep the post up). Light some others CHILD lights as the ball inevitably ends up there on some orbits. Then have post pop up once CHILD is qualified.

#1766 2 years ago

I need a code update so I can then move on from the game. If I move it now, the update will be released the next day.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Not true, I have shots going up in the middle that end up in the pops all the time.
Let's face facts, the CHILD area serve a purpose in the game, Grogu is awesome and an integral part of Mando-lore, but how it plays is boring. The fun is in every other area of the game.
What would be ideal is keep the post down on a strong plunge to light a CHILD light (with the option to hold the flipper button on the plunge to keep the post up). Light some others CHILD lights as the ball inevitably ends up there on some orbits. Then have post pop up once CHILD is qualified.

I also wonder if the magnet could be used more often, beyond just for the mystery award. For example, activate it after a pop bumper launches the ball up a CHILD lane, and then Grogu "grabs" the ball and throws it.

It just looks like the magnet is so underutilized and more frequent use could make it more of a feature.

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I also wonder if the magnet could be used more often, beyond just for the mystery award. For example, activate it after pop bumper launches the ball up a CHILD lane, and then Grogu "grabs" the ball and throws it.
It just looks like the magnet is so underutilized and more frequent use could make it more of a feature.

That's a sweet idea! Like Grogu's messing with you, like when he sneakily grabs the knob in the show or eats those egg things. He can be a bit of a pest!!

#1769 2 years ago

I just listed my Mandalorian Premium for sale, in case anyone is interested and doesn't want to wait or pay $8700 for a new one now.

Hope nobody minds me posting this here;

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121450

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I just listed my Mandalorian Premium for sale, in case anyone is interested and doesn't want to wait or pay $8700 for a new one now.
Hope nobody minds me posting this here;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121450

Good seller.

#1772 2 years ago

I read through their installation guide of their 'upgrade' kits and don't know why anyone would need any of these things.

None of them have been issues we have seen from day 1 ownership.

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I read through their installation guide of their 'upgrade' kits and don't know why anyone would need any of these things.
None of them have been issues we have seen from day 1 ownership.

One seems to correct my slightly raised right lip of the left ramp flap (although that can also be because my ramp is cracked and I'm awaiting my cliffy on Monday to install).

Unsure about the others...

Would be curious an explanation what each of the fixes is trying to do. At first I thought the Razor fix would make the target more centered but that doesn't seem to be the case.

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've had my Mando pro for over a month and although I'm enjoying it, I'm finding the game is more difficult than I had hoped.
Either that or my skills have really diminished in the last few years that I haven't owned a game.
I'm seriously humbled by how shitty of a player I've become. My top score is 260 mil which compared to others is pretty pathetic.
Dropped more "f bombs" since I've owned it than I normally do in a year.

I lowered the outlane posts on both sides. It made a HUGE difference for me.
Also learning which items to buy in the foundry really helps too. In example, buy light Razorcrest immediately after having a Razorcrest multiball. It saves several shots.
I still need to find out how much a 2nd light extra ball costs I had around 1200 and it still wasn't lit

#1775 2 years ago

I just got to 2 mini wizards...

Missions was completed with Victory laps

Razor Crest got to 2nd level in the 20 min timer and I lost my ball. I didn't look up but found it hard to tell Joe many shots were left. I did go up to the MINI-PF quite a few times.

Definitely a ton of fun. I'm actually liking Mando more than Iron Maiden at the moment.

20210924_181414 (resized).jpg20210924_181414 (resized).jpg20210924_181418 (resized).jpg20210924_181418 (resized).jpg20210924_181437 (resized).jpg20210924_181437 (resized).jpg

#1776 2 years ago

Playing Mando and loving it. Brian is every bit as awesome as we thought and even more so. His 2 new machines blow away his old efforts by light years and Mando proves it. The oldies were good, but in a far different era, where no one walking into a barcade cared these were unlicensed themes. They only put in a few quarters and played, then left. No one invested money in MM, AFM, or the shadow, because it was only operators buying. Put any of these themes out today and they’d not sell for the home market. Yes, they’ve sold remakes, but only because of the nostalgia factor.
Fast forward, Mando and ST are flow monsters, with interesting game play and far deeper code than MM, AFM and TS. Those games don’t last in the home environment they are so shallow. Every person I know who purchased the remakes have sold them off, from boredom. You can easily see everything those games have to offer, 2 or 3 times over in one session of playing. Brian’s new machines will stand the test of time and be a great deal more popular than his old ones, once enough people get to own and play them. Hoping when Mando’s code is done, it is a real treasure like ST has become.

#1777 2 years ago

What are the best / worst aspects of this game?

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Best aspects:
The video and sound assets
Code integration of the above
Innovative features like the Foundry
Cabinet art

Worst aspects:
Lack of interactive mechs
Plastic ramps (Pro version)
Geometry not perfect (some shots not smooth)
Lacks mystery/secrets

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have only played the LE so with that in mind:

Best

• Theme
• Full Audio/video assets
• RPG elements in the foundry
• Code implementation of the above 2 points
• shots as a whole are easy to shoot, Smooth and fun with special mentions to;
• Ambush up/down ramp both awesome and maybe my favourite shots!
• Ramps are both fast and fun to shoot
• Best Star Wars pinball machine!

Worst

• Upper playfield is repetitive and a little lacklustre to shoot
• Child lanes with magnet complete waste and make no sense although moving grogu mod makes that area feel less like a waste
• Razor crest swing target is abit meh a reverse drop target would have been interesting, or just a drop target.

Although it’s worth noting I wouldn’t call the worst parts bad, they are more like areas that should have a could have been better but what is there is still fun albeit repetitive, the child Lane and magnet is really the only WTF where you thinking part of the game, but the rest is so good you don’t really get hung up on it.

#1780 2 years ago

enjoying the mini playfield on pro. Getting better at it and reaping the rewards.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have only played the LE so with that in mind:
Best
• Theme
• Full Audio/video assets
• RPG elements in the foundry
• Code implementation of the above 2 points
• shots as a whole are easy to shoot, Smooth and fun with special mentions to;
• Ambush up/down ramp both awesome and maybe my favourite shots!
• Ramps are both fast and fun to shoot
• Best Star Wars pinball machine!
Worst
• Upper playfield is repetitive and a little lacklustre to shoot
• Child lanes with magnet complete waste and make no sense although moving grogu mod makes that area feel less like a waste
• Razor crest swing target is abit meh a reverse drop target would have been interesting, or just a drop target.
Although it’s worth noting I wouldn’t call the worst parts bad, they are more like areas that should have a could have been better but what is there is still fun albeit repetitive, the child Lane and magnet is really the only WTF where you thinking part of the game, but the rest is so good you don’t really get hung up on it.

Agree with this. Child area could be fixed with some creative thinking. It needs to be worked into the strategy better.

#1782 2 years ago

Any word on accessories yet? Namely topper?

#1783 2 years ago

Rigged up some Poor Man’s Stadium lighting. Before and After pics.

CCC7E812-3C01-41A3-B9A8-E99B3DEFDF83 (resized).jpegCCC7E812-3C01-41A3-B9A8-E99B3DEFDF83 (resized).jpegF2F77209-69C0-4C90-B29D-180D81982CD5 (resized).jpegF2F77209-69C0-4C90-B29D-180D81982CD5 (resized).jpeg
#1784 2 years ago

I'm on the waitlist for a pro, and I enjoy living vicariously through all of your posts I got a lot of time on one in a barcade and cannot WAIT to have it at home where the music and callouts aren't drowned out by other games and patrons.

#1785 2 years ago

As an FYI only, I love titan low-bounce on all of my machines. On this one it makes the backhand to the right ramp (which is a no brainer on regular thickness rubbers) nearly impossible. Of course this is with the default flipper position. Assuming moving those just a little bit could alter this observation. So I’m back to normal thickness Titans for this game!

#1786 2 years ago

Hi all just seeing if anyone else has had a similar experience. My shaker motor has a squeak to it but not if the playfield is up. If I have the playfield up and do the test on the shaker motor no squeak, but as soon as the playfield is down and it squeaks. It’s driving me nuts. I can’t track down the source of the squeak.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hi all just seeing if anyone else has had a similar experience. My shaker motor has a squeak to it but not if the playfield is up. If I have the playfield up and do the test on the shaker motor no squeak, but as soon as the playfield is down and it squeaks. It’s driving me nuts. I can’t track down the source of the squeak.

Mine too, although I don’t know if it’s different when the PF is up. Maybe it’s the supports rattling in the lock bar receiver?

#1788 2 years ago

Installed the full Cliffy kit on my premium today, fits like a glove and perfectly made, and Cliff is a great guy to boot!

4B8EF0F2-010F-4955-84C3-902CB34E2C10 (resized).jpeg4B8EF0F2-010F-4955-84C3-902CB34E2C10 (resized).jpeg58A7D54B-A9B5-4A5F-9045-610566B85CCD (resized).jpeg58A7D54B-A9B5-4A5F-9045-610566B85CCD (resized).jpeg
#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mine too, although I don’t know if it’s different when the PF is up. Maybe it’s the supports rattling in the lock bar receiver?

My shaker was obnoxiously violent. I removed it and adjusted one of the weight's positions to be offset so it looks like a L from one weight to the other. I put it back in the game and it still shakes the machine but it is much smoother and way less noisy.

Perhaps something to try, its really easy to do.

#1790 2 years ago

Not a whole lot of people talking about it, but man...

-When you can get in the groove and repeatedly nail the drop down ambush ramp on a prem/le it's pretty freaking rewarding. One of my favorite shots in pinball!

#1791 2 years ago

Is there any word on an upcoming code update?

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Is there any word on an upcoming code update?

No and worryingly it wasn’t mentioned on the last Stern of Union and without looking I can’t remember if it was on the one previous to that.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Not a whole lot of people talking about it, but man...
-When you can get in the groove and repeatedly nail the drop down ambush ramp on a prem/le it's pretty freaking rewarding. One of my favorite shots in pinball!

100% agree in my post above about the good and the bad that someone asked, that ambush ramp was one of my biggest plus points it’s a brilliant shot and super fun to hit and repeat as it drops and lifts

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No and worryingly it wasn’t mentioned on the last Stern of Union and without looking I can’t remember if it was on the one previous to that.

Bummer

#1795 2 years ago

If people love the flow of the game, I would strongly recommend disabling the upper post, just temporarily as an experiment. To me it just plays so much better opening up the orbits on the game. For example from a plunge you get straight into the game, or an auto-plunge you can skillfully claim a CHILD letter. You also chain orbits shots together which feels amazing.

CHILD still qualifies fairly quickly, but it's tricky (not impossible) to claim as obviously there is not post to drop the ball in to the magnet.

I hope code updates see the post feature more sparingly and I'm sure there is a better balance to be had.

#1796 2 years ago

Also not sure if this is a bug, or ar least a scoring hack. But when you need to hit the drop ramp shot (like on the super skill shot), you get an extra second or so grace period after the ramp goes back up. So you can cradle the ball on the right flipper, and just make the standard/safer u-turn shot and still claim the reward.

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

My shaker was obnoxiously violent. I removed it and adjusted one of the weight's positions to be offset so it looks like a L from one weight to the other. I put it back in the game and it still shakes the machine but it is much smoother and way less noisy.
Perhaps something to try, its really easy to do.

I did the same. It's better, but honestly it's still too strong. The shake off the centre shot and scope completion shot are too much, the game's vibration drowns out the audio

I also tried lining up both weights exactly the same way but then you feel nothing at all, so as you described is the best compromise unless code changes can be made.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Check the leg bolts on all the legs, make sure they are nice and tight. Had a weird squeak every time I nudged my Deadpool and that fixed. Maybe the playfield being up vs down changes how the force is distributed? Even as I type it it sounds stupid, but at least it is quick to check.

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Also not sure if this is a bug, or ar least a scoring hack. But when you need to hit the drop ramp shot (like on the super skill shot), you get an extra second or so grace period after the ramp goes back up. So you can cradle the ball on the right flipper, and just make the standard/safer u-turn shot and still claim the reward.

Brilliant. I can't post pass right-to-left so I'm going to try this.

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I did the same. It's better, but honestly it's still too strong. The shake off the centre shot and scope completion shot are too much, the game's vibration drowns out the audio
I also tried lining up both weights exactly the same way but then you feel nothing at all, so as you described is the best compromise unless code changes can be made.

You can change the shaker setting in adjustments. It defaults to Maximal use. Try setting it to moderate and maybe it will trigger less frequently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/36?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.