Quoted from RoyalJack:
This is where my largest regret is. My first pin was a TMNT premium which I ordered on Day 1, Dwight's last patch on that in December 2020 broke some things like call outs in the final modes. He hasn't fixed those because he's been focused on Mando. I bought Mando Premium for my 2nd pin and here I am still with 0.97 code with buggy behavior at seemingly random points where the upper playfield doesn't register any hits. So now I have two Dwight games with what I consider to be incomplete code. I love the way both of them shoot and I love the high level concept of each of the games where you shoot the left and right ramps then a lock to start a mission/episode to progress through the game. I just feel a bit burned that both of my games are both struggling for code at the same time from the same team, especially after remaining patient the last ~9 months with bugs in TMNT understanding that his team was busy with Mando.
I wouldn't be too worry about that. In an interview on the Flip N Out Pinball YT channel late june, Dwight said he had to finish Mando (for weeks, for months or forever), then switch to TMNT to produce a fix and then switch to Star Wars to update it.
The latest point on Star Wars is certainly in relation with the Insider Connected.
Aside from that, Dwight posted a little, but engaging, chunk of a new release note for Mando three weeks ago on Tilt Forums:
Here is what I did yesterday:
- Changed how and when the action button works with regard to equipment.
- As before, there are two types of presses: HELD and SHORT. HELD is
holding the button down for some time. SHORT is a quick tap of the
- You can now use the Flame Thrower any time you want if it is available.
- The action button will be orange or toggle orange and another color
if you also have other equipment lit that is applicable.
- To use the Flame Thrower press and hold the button down. Soon it will
begin setting shots on fire from right to left across the game. When
you release the button after it begun, it will stop setting shots on
- If you also had other equipment available and you hold the button
past a very short tap the Flame Thrower will win and your other
equipment will not be used. Likewise, if you have Flame thrower and
something else available and you just tap the button you will use
your other equipment and not the Flame Thrower.
- The action button now flashes a bit differently.
- As before each equipment has its own color:
- ORANGE - FLAME THROWER - Set Shots on fire for 2X each
- GREEN - AMBAN RIFLE - Add-A-Ball in a Multiball
- YELLOW - WHISTLING BIRDS - Spot lit shots in a Mission
- RED - JET PACK - Spot a level during an Encounter
- The button will flash of the color that makes sense depending on the
Equipment and where in the game you are. But if you also have the
Flame Thrower and can use it the button will now toggle between two
colors, orange and the other of the 3 colors.