Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 157.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The video quality throughout the whole game is quite poor, all the dark scenes show this up.

I know Gerorge Gomez is aware of this. It has been communicated to him personally. See what can be done.

#1702 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Others have...The mini playfield has a protector as well. It's a ton of work we'll see if it was worth it sometime in the future.
[quoted image]

Blimey !
I didn’t remove half that stuff to get my protector on and certainly didn’t remove the mini playfield!
I just put it into the vertical position, it took me an hour to fit both protectors

#1703 2 years ago

Mini pf is easily to remove , just two screws and 3 connectors

#1704 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The drain hole area of the Premium/LE playfield protector is kind of off I found, does not fit the hole properly. Did you experience that? I ended up putting mylar on the drain hole and a cliffy on top of the leading edge.

Mine fit properly

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's a really really nice touch to see some of the concept arts from Christian Alzmann and Ryan Church in the attract mode. And in some way, Cara Dune is in the game...
[quoted image][quoted image]

This!

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's a really really nice touch to see some of the concept arts from Christian Alzmann and Ryan Church in the attract mode. And in some way, Cara Dune is in the game...
[quoted image][quoted image]

The concept art actually made me want to watch the end credits of each episode. Really great stuff. To clarify though-- is this modified code, or does the official stern code have the concept art during attract mode?

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

The concept art actually made me want to watch the end credits of each episode. Really great stuff. To clarify though-- is this modified code, or does the official stern code have the concept art during attract mode?

It's in the official code 0.97. There's at least 10 of the official concept arts from the season 1 of the Disney+ serie The Mandalorian (artists: Christian Alzmann, Ryan Church and Nick Gindraux). It appears in the attract loop every 12 minutes approximatively. Each concept art appears twice before rotating to the next random one, 12 minutes later.

#1708 2 years ago

I just finished my bumper cap mod which required the design and manufacture of a replacement left ramp decal to cover the cut section of the rt. pop cap a'la STTNG.

I had to make a few extra's but it was worthwhile. The new decal looks much better than stock with or without the cap mod.

IMG_7820 (resized).jpegIMG_7820 (resized).jpegIMG_7821 (resized).jpegIMG_7821 (resized).jpegIMG_7824 (resized).jpegIMG_7824 (resized).jpeg
#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's in the official code 0.97. There's at least 10 of the official concept arts from the season 1 of the Disney+ serie The Mandalorian (artists: Christian Alzmann, Ryan Church and Nick Gindraux). It appears in the attract loop every 12 minutes approximatively. Each concept art appears twice before rotating to the next random one, 12 minutes later.

THANK YOU !
Xaqery (Dwight)
For adding the concept art to Mandalorian.
Hope to see new code in the future.
Is there a topper to come?

#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I just finished my bumper cap mod which required the design and manufacture of a replacement left ramp decal to cover the cut section of the rt. pop cap a'la STTNG.
I had to make a few extra's but it was worthwhile. The new decal looks much better than stock with or without the cap mod.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Nice work.

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

THANK YOU !
Xaqery (Dwight)
For adding the concept art to Mandalorian.
Hope to see new code in the future.
Is there a topper to come?

Love the concept art in the attract mode. Would love to see an option where if only shows concept art. I think this would be a huge selling point for home owners and bar passer by’s as well.

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Love the concept art in the attract mode. Would love to see an option where if only shows concept art. I think this would be a huge selling point for home owners and bar passer by’s as well.

You can turn off the learn to play pinball videos, that might help.

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Completely agree. That concept art is by far some of the best movie related art I've ever seen. In addition to seeing more of it in attract mode, I hope they continue to add more of that art...I know it's out there.

#1714 2 years ago

Hey folks

My encounter ramp broke after 15 plays (left side, cracked right where the screw takes all the pressure). Stern sent a new ramp, but to my eyes appears to be the exact same. If I install it, it will surely crack again.

Is there a new protector or something I should be asking Stern for before I install the ramp?

Thanks in advance!

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Not to sound facetious... but how is the skill shot in any way relying on skill?
First on my machine it's sheer luck if the ball is diverted from the upper post into the CHILD area, or just rebounds off the post and down the right orbit. Second it then has to fall over one of the rapidly flashing CHILD lights. It's a poor implementation and skill has nothing to do with it.
Is there any chance the post can be fixed by a code update? Also what about the centre shot fouling on the left plastic? I can't believe some of these issues didn't get picked up in the first 5 minutes of play testing.
Also looking for an option to keep the upper post down during an auto-plunge, just to keep play going.

Hold the left flipper on plunge, goes around left orbit, then you have to hit the right turn/scoop, then the right ramp, then left orbit/left ramp/razorcrest to achieve the super skillshot.

Also, if you time the above just right for when C is lit, you collect that skill shot as well... so plenty of skill required.

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey folks
My encounter ramp broke after 15 plays (left side, cracked right where the screw takes all the pressure). Stern sent a new ramp, but to my eyes appears to be the exact same. If I install it, it will surely crack again.
Is there a new protector or something I should be asking Stern for before I install the ramp?
Thanks in advance!

Cliffy makes protector if you are worried.

#1717 2 years ago

Considering selling or trading my Mando LE in order to make room for Godzilla. Pm me if you are interested. Thanks

#1718 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I just installed mine last night. The spacer is too long for the screw with the Cliffy installed so I swapped the front and back spacers and that worked. Now he has a protector for the right side of that ramp so time to place another order!

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey folks

Thanks in advance!

Quoted from Waxx:

He actually makes one for both sides of the ramp. https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Mick-mando-rt-001.jpg

#1720 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Hold the left flipper on plunge, goes around left orbit, then you have to hit the right turn/scoop, then the right ramp, then left orbit/left ramp/razorcrest to achieve the super skillshot.
Also, if you time the above just right for when C is lit, you collect that skill shot as well... so plenty of skill required.

What you describe with the combos is not the skill shot, that's the super skill shot and yes there is plenty of skill involved to do that.

Please read the manual, the skill shot is plunging any lit CHILD lane, not just the C. You can plunge the C while going for the super shot, but that's about the only letter you can realistically plunge, anything else is luck not skill.

I'm fine with the super shot, but the skill shot is poorly implemented. This game is sort of a take on CFTBL skill shots, however both of those work fine in terms of skill required and timing.

#1722 2 years ago

Just a heads-up:

I saw a small chunk of clear on the playfield. Found the chipping near the sling bolt. Wanted to fix it before it chipped into the art. Pulled the bolt/assembly, removed the loose clear. Gently sanded and brushed on some touchup clear to protect. 15 minute job and Looks 100%. Just letting it dry overnight before I reassemble.

The mech wasn't screwed down fully, which may have contributed. That bolt was carrying the entire force/vibration every time the sling fired. I've seen this on a few other games recently as well. Those bolts are definitely a weak point when it comes to clearcoat chipping. Not a huge deal, just something to keep an eye out for.

mando_chip (resized).jpgmando_chip (resized).jpgmando_chip_2 (resized).jpgmando_chip_2 (resized).jpgmando_chip_3 (resized).jpgmando_chip_3 (resized).jpg

mando_chip_4 (resized).jpgmando_chip_4 (resized).jpg
#1723 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Just a heads-up:
I saw a small chunk of clear on the playfield. Found the chipping near the sling bolt. Wanted to fix it before it chipped into the art. Pulled the bolt/assembly, removed the loose clear. Gently sanded and brushed on some touchup clear to protect. 15 minute job and Looks 100%. Just letting it dry overnight before I reassemble.
The mech wasn't screwed down fully, which may have contributed. That bolt was carrying the entire force/vibration every time the sling fired. I've seen this on a few other games recently as well. Those bolts are definitely a weak point when it comes to clearcoat chipping. Not a huge deal, just something to keep an eye out for.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

What grit sandpaper?

#1724 2 years ago

400, but that's just what I had easily accessible.

Quoted from crujones4life:

What grit sandpaper?

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

What you describe with the combos is not the skill shot, that's the super skill shot and yes there is plenty of skill involved to do that.
Please read the manual, the skill shot is plunging any lit CHILD lane, not just the C. You can plunge the C while going for the super shot, but that's about the only letter you can realistically plunge, anything else is luck not skill.
I'm fine with the super shot, but the skill shot is poorly implemented. This game is sort of a take on CFTBL skill shots, however both of those work fine in terms of skill required and timing.

I identified that much when I posted "to achieve the super skillshot."

And it bears repeating again, if you hold the left flipper to keep the post down and time the plunge for the C, it is a skill shot. Skill is involved to time that plunge.

#1726 2 years ago

Not Mando specific but I put anti-rattle tape on my Mando LE glass. Anti-rattle tape makes the playfield glass tighter in the machine slot and hard to remove. I bought this at Lowe's and suction it at the glass above the apron, makes it easy to get the glass off now. Maybe others do this as well, but this one was 8 or 9 bucks.

Suction Cup Glass Handle1 (resized).jpgSuction Cup Glass Handle1 (resized).jpg
#1727 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was thinking of buying a second hand Mandalorian LE, but then I saw the Godzilla trailer and am not sure. Does anyone have buyers regret on Mandalorian and wished they had bought Godzilla instead? Trying to get opinions from people who have had Mandalorian at home for a while, and have more perspective on the gameplay. Thanks!

I absolutely wish I had waited for Godzilla. I enjoy mando but Godzilla sings my song.

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I absolutely wish I had waited for Godzilla. I enjoy mando but Godzilla sings my song.

I have a mando le and will definitely get a Godzilla down the track. I just don't understand this mindset though. They are both unique and Godzilla looks great too. It will be for sale for the next 2-3yrs so just chill and enjoy what you have and grab a Godzilla down the track when you've finished with mando. Its the same with every new release and it will keep happening, don't get caught up in it is my opinion.

Also unless you want an le id be waiting and let stern iron out any game issues. Always better to get a later run and that massive building mech has potential problems written all over it. Subjective opinion here but I think the Godzilla le misses the mark art wise and the premium or pro is the pick of them anyway. Mando le is stunning.

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Blimey !
I didn’t remove half that stuff to get my protector on and certainly didn’t remove the mini playfield!
I just put it into the vertical position, it took me an hour to fit both protectors

I’m down for tips if you want to PM me. I haven’t done mine yet because it just looks frustrating on this game. I do really love the protectors though and I can vouch for how amazing they are for games you put on location. (Not an advertisement or endorsement, just a comment/opinion).

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I identified that much when I posted "to achieve the super skillshot."
And it bears repeating again, if you hold the left flipper to keep the post down and time the plunge for the C, it is a skill shot. Skill is involved to time that plunge.

Cool. In that case have that as the default plunge/skillshot, and avoid the daft upper post. The 'hold the button' option could be for the pointless post diversion.

I know it's a minor point but it's every ball...

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I think Mando is not in a good place right now. BBBBBuuuuttttt, I think it is going to be one of those games where the code update is going to change the experience completely. In my honest opinion, the shots are so tough but feels really good when I Make them.

#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think Mando is not in a good place right now. BBBBBuuuuttttt, I think it is going to be one of those games where the code update is going to change the experience completely. In my honest opinion, the shots are so tough but feels really good when I Make them.

Agreed - but the big question is when will the code be updated. Don't have a wonderful outlook on that knowing who is doing to coding.

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I sure hope so but I don't feel like Dwight has the greatest track record on tweaking and re-working code to address gameplay issues that are exposed by extensive play by the pinball community. I feel like TMNT is in a very similar place right now. It's a real shame because you can tell Dwight is passionate and excited about his rulesets when the games release and he's obviously a very capable rules designer and coder. But for whatever reason he lacks the follow through to really fill out and balance his games after release to take advantage of extensive public play testing. Frankly, it's probably due to short timelines and needing to move onto the next game rather than seeing a game across the finish line but who really knows.

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Agreed - but the big question is when will the code be updated. Don't have a wonderful outlook on that knowing who is doing to coding.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that any code updates that are ready or near ready will be released when Insider Connected is official released.

#1735 2 years ago

I think it's time for Dwight and team to either sh*t or get off the pot, figuratively speaking. There are design issues to overcome as already documented in this thread, but the code changes can do a lot to help.

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that any code updates that are ready or near ready will be released when Insider Connected is official released.

You may be right - I didn't think of that although the code could be put out incorporating whatever it is prior to that being released just as they do with the toppers.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Yes needs better code.
but I disagree with the shots beIng hard.
I believe they are tight and if you don’t nail them they brick but with time you should be able to nail them.
I had hard time at first with scope But now that I know it’s coming I set up for it.
Extra ball is a gimme

#1738 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been discussed on here before, but I can't seem to locate it.

Is there a fix for when the ball is flipped up the ramp to the upper playfield, but it's hit hard enough that it comes back down the ramp? Thanks in advance.

#1739 2 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:I'm sure it's been discussed on here before, but I can't seem to locate it.
Is there a fix for when the ball is flipped up the ramp to the upper playfield, but it's hit hard enough that it comes back down the ramp? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you need a small rubber or something on the back of the plate where the ball makes contact, just to absorb the bounce so it stays put.

#1740 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Yes needs better code.
I believe they are tight and if you don’t nail them they brick but with time you should be able to nail them.
I had hard time at first with scope But now that I know it’s coming I set up for it.
Extra ball is a gimme

On the Prem/LE I love nailing the right up/down ramp shot, combined with the sound fx and the way it comes straight back to the left flipper to nail again - very satisfying!

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Yes needs better code.
Extra ball is a gimme
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f6720befcd42dd8266674a7ebd42d92a91ba4747-1632331089-1800"};
//]]>

Yeah. Just need to turn the flipper power down. I have mine 245 left 247 right right now. Both orbit and next shot in still take a light touch.

On the default power, the up/down shot was so strong it was making the ball jump over the left inlane and into a drain. Wow.

I’ve also completely removed the upper rubber between H and I. I was getting a crazy amount of SDTM and now basically none.

Right now playing with lowering the eject power on the left scoop to get more consistency. Anyone had luck with a setting?

#1742 2 years ago

I’ve played about 15 or 20 games on a set of new titan pinballs (standard) and had this just happen to me. I would assume this would be typical for titan balls to become magnetized more easily than the stock stern balls…
I’m new to owning a pinball machine and just thought this to be odd.

38306815-6360-45E1-8BF5-E120BD3A034D (resized).jpeg38306815-6360-45E1-8BF5-E120BD3A034D (resized).jpeg6B96B62B-966C-4F2A-89F0-9F04B62BE2B8 (resized).jpeg6B96B62B-966C-4F2A-89F0-9F04B62BE2B8 (resized).jpeg
#1743 2 years ago

I've had my Mando pro for over a month and although I'm enjoying it, I'm finding the game is more difficult than I had hoped.

Either that or my skills have really diminished in the last few years that I haven't owned a game.

I'm seriously humbled by how shitty of a player I've become. My top score is 260 mil which compared to others is pretty pathetic.

Dropped more "f bombs" since I've owned it than I normally do in a year.

#1744 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I sure hope so but I don't feel like Dwight has the greatest track record on tweaking and re-working code to address gameplay issues that are exposed by extensive play by the pinball community. I feel like TMNT is in a very similar place right now. It's a real shame because you can tell Dwight is passionate and excited about his rulesets when the games release and he's obviously a very capable rules designer and coder. But for whatever reason he lacks the follow through to really fill out and balance his games after release to take advantage of extensive public play testing. Frankly, it's probably due to short timelines and needing to move onto the next game rather than seeing a game across the finish line but who really knows.

This is where my largest regret is. My first pin was a TMNT premium which I ordered on Day 1, Dwight's last patch on that in December 2020 broke some things like call outs in the final modes. He hasn't fixed those because he's been focused on Mando. I bought Mando Premium for my 2nd pin and here I am still with 0.97 code with buggy behavior at seemingly random points where the upper playfield doesn't register any hits. So now I have two Dwight games with what I consider to be incomplete code. I love the way both of them shoot and I love the high level concept of each of the games where you shoot the left and right ramps then a lock to start a mission/episode to progress through the game. I just feel a bit burned that both of my games are both struggling for code at the same time from the same team, especially after remaining patient the last ~9 months with bugs in TMNT understanding that his team was busy with Mando.

With all of that said, I think Godzilla looks like the better game overall and with my 1 purchase of 2021 I wish it had been Godzilla, not because I don't like Mando but because I think there is more value in Godzilla (I admit though I haven't played it and who knows maybe its code is full of issues as well). I'll still get a Godzilla sometime next year but I wish I had been able to act on an LE.

#1745 2 years ago

It looks like it's just stuck on the mylar edge. That an happen with a slow moving ball.

Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I’ve played about 15 or 20 games on a set of new titan pinballs (standard) and had this just happen to me. I would assume this would be typical for titan balls to become magnetized more easily than the stock stern balls…
I’m new to owning a pinball machine and just thought this to be odd.[quoted image][quoted image]

#1746 2 years ago

Wow!! In my experience it's the opposite where the Titan balls do not get magnetized but the stock Stern balls do. With TMNT I had stock balls being magnetized and switched to Titan and never had an issue.

#1747 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've had my Mando pro for over a month and although I'm enjoying it, I'm finding the game is more difficult than I had hoped.
Either that or my skills have really diminished in the last few years that I haven't owned a game.
I'm seriously humbled by how shitty of a player I've become. My top score is 260 mil which compared to others is pretty pathetic.

260m is a solid score. I think our best location players are only doing like 350-650 on their best games.

I don't take most of the pinside scores to heart at all... people set their games up ridiculous so they can 'enjoy it' more.

It's hard to grind a high score on the game. The big scores come from the lucrative stacks. Focus on earning a scope or hunter multiplier, and get a mode+MB going and scores will jump dramatically. You'll fall into the fett multiplier while playing the stacked stuff.

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Haha I’m that boat. Shots are tighter then previous stern games I’ve owned. On the flip side when I move back to my Batman I’m playing much better. So I think overall this game is making me better.

#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

It looks like it's just stuck on the mylar edge. That an happen with a slow moving ball.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarity! Makes much more sense.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarity! Makes much more sense.

If you do run into trouble ever, I use Ball Barron Polaris for all games with magnets and never have any issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/35?hl=brickbuilder14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.