Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 157.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

I’ve got my LE set up and played a few games. It’s by far my favorite game so far. I’ve only got a few games on it.
OMG. I almost freaked. I went to play a game tonight and hit the switch and nothing. I went back and fourth trying to figure out why it won’t come on. I thought it was DOA. Come to find out my wife unplugged it to plug in the air vent. Bad wife. My heart can’t handle these types of scares.
[quoted image]

Game looks great. Love my Le. I just finished modding the game!

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from Jstampa:

I’ve got my LE set up and played a few games. It’s by far my favorite game so far. I’ve only got a few games on it.
OMG. I almost freaked. I went to play a game tonight and hit the switch and nothing. I went back and fourth trying to figure out why it won’t come on. I thought it was DOA. Come to find out my wife unplugged it to plug in the air vent. Bad wife. My heart can’t handle these types of scares.
[quoted image]

That’s fresh! Still has a corner board stuck to the front.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Game looks great. Love my Le. I just finished modding the game!

Or did you

#1654 2 years ago

Ok so I complained and my Mando rewarded me broke 500B and got to precious cargo which was awesome!

#1655 2 years ago

Slave 1 is ready to go!!!

Information can be found here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mando-slave-1-#post-6502317

Thanks
Tom D
DIDDY'S MOD'S
20210916_193152 (resized).jpg20210916_193152 (resized).jpg20210916_193205 (resized).jpg20210916_193205 (resized).jpg20210916_193214 (resized).jpg20210916_193214 (resized).jpg20210916_193802 (resized).jpg20210916_193802 (resized).jpg20210916_193809 (resized).jpg20210916_193809 (resized).jpg20210916_193908 (resized).jpg20210916_193908 (resized).jpg

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

One thing is for sure, the bottom edge of your cabinet is safe!

LMAO

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Slave 1 is ready to go!!!
Information can be found here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mando-slave-1-#post-6502317
Thanks
Tom D
DIDDY'S MOD'S
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent Job!

FYI : Disney recently decicided to rename the Slave 1 as Firespray:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/boba-fett-ship-slave-i-new-name/amp/

But it will stay the Slave 1 for most of us.

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Excellent Job!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/boba-fett-ship-slave-i-new-name/amp/

No they didn’t! Like all of Disney’s stupid woke decisions I pretend they never happened

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

was an honest question . So no answer but a downvote.

Okay I’ll bite and answer.

A lot of the NIB sales are from speculators/scalpers who thought this would be the next TRON LE because it was Star Wars.

Other sales are always the same as every other release, newest game is brought a couple dozen or couple hundred plays later the next new title is revealed and they sell up for the newest release, happens every release.

As for the game itself, it’s fantastic, I prefer the LE/Prem because of the up/down 180 ramp shot that thing is just fun and both shots are great! Flow is great once you get it going and the foundry/beskar RPG element to the game is awesome!

My only real gripes are the upper playfield isn’t as good as it could have been and the child magnet above the rollovers is just a dump idea and complete waste - why randomise an area that’s already pretty random? But everything else makes up for those two gripes of mine and the upper playfield is still interesting and fun the only real negative is the magnet/child I mentioned above everything else is brilliant!

Now add Luke Dwight and his Mando S2 scene and this will be a keeper!!

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay I’ll bite and answer.
A lot of the NIB sales are from speculators/scalpers who thought this would be the next TRON LE because it was Star Wars.
Other sales are always the same as every other release, newest game is brought a couple dozen or couple hundred plays later the next new title is revealed and they sell up for the newest release, happens every release.
As for the game itself, it’s fantastic, I prefer the LE/Prem because of the up/down 180 ramp shot that thing is just fun and both shots are great! Flow is great once you get it going and the foundry/beskar RPG element to the game is awesome!
My only real gripes are the upper playfield isn’t as good as it could have been and the child magnet above the rollovers is just a dump idea and complete waste - why randomise an area that’s already pretty random? But everything else makes up for those two gripes of mine and the upper playfield is still interesting and fun the only real negative is the magnet/child I mentioned above everything else is brilliant!
Now add Luke Dwight and his Mando S2 scene and this will be a keeper!!

I agree, the design really compliments the theme and integration of all the assets. I love the way a lot of shots are close to the player which makes the game feel very intense, but there are still some longer sweeping shots. The upper playfield (premium/LE) is fun and really gets the adrenaline going.

One thing that definitely needs attention is the use of the upper post. As has already been commented, a clean right orbit shot just rebounds and comes back down. Apart from that it seems to be up the majority of the time during the game even when CHILD insert is not lit. PLEASE code team reduce the amount of time this post is up or at least some kind of option to reduce it. It doesn't work well as designed, and even when it does work that area is boring. It's fine to have it in play during the plunge, or at other times, but other than, limiting it will unleash the flow of the game.

Final point, a ball save timer for when a CHILD rollover is triggered would be helpful to stop those SDTM drains.

#1661 2 years ago

I'm sure Godzilla will be a great monster game!

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Excellent Job!

Nerd warning: Boba Fett’s ship was always a Firespray. Firespray is the name of the ship model, like how Mustang is a car model from Ford. Slave 1 is the name he personally gave his ship.

#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I agree, the design really compliments the theme and integration of all the assets. I love the way a lot of shots are close to the player which makes the game feel very intense, but there are still some longer sweeping shots. The upper playfield (premium/LE) is fun and really gets the adrenaline going.
One thing that definitely needs attention is the use of the upper post. As has already been commented, a clean right orbit shot just rebounds and comes back down. Apart from that it seems to be up the majority of the time during the game even when CHILD insert is not lit. PLEASE code team reduce the amount of time this post is up or at least some kind of option to reduce it. It doesn't work well as designed, and even when it does work that area is boring. It's fine to have it in play during the plunge, or at other times, but other than, limiting it will unleash the flow of the game.
Final point, a ball save timer for when a CHILD rollover is triggered would be helpful to stop those SDTM drains.

When CHILD is lit the callout says 'shoot the left orbit' but both left and right are lit, could be a bug?

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I still haven't even played it but it sounds like it could use some code "voodoo" like Batman 66 has, where the ball lock diverter flap is very responsive to the game state and even seems to anticipate orbit shots when you use the opposite flipper. I've never taken the time to figure out how exactly that works but it seems like a similar problem with the up-post on Mando. I've never had a "damnit that diverter shouldn't have been up" moment on BM66.

EDIT: is it truly an up post, or is it a down post? That is, what's the de-energized state? Asking in case it's actually a down post and there are electrical reasons it can't be (energized) down more often.

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I still haven't even played it but it sounds like it could use some code "voodoo" like Batman 66 has, where the ball lock diverter flap is very responsive to the game state and even seems to anticipate orbit shots when you use the opposite flipper. I've never taken the time to figure out how exactly that works but it seems like a similar problem with the up-post on Mando. I've never had a "damnit that diverter shouldn't have been up" moment on BM66.
EDIT: is it truly an up post, or is it a down post? That is, what's the de-energized state? Asking in case it's actually a down post and there are electrical reasons it can't be (energized) down more often.

Good point about Batman! "Damnit I wish that post wouldn't have been up" moments are normal on Mando, at least at the moment on 0.97 code.

I believe it's a up post, because when it's disabled in the settings it stays down. The game is a lot of more fun when it's disabled as there is less stop/go by the diversion into the CHILD area. Also my scores seem to be higher but this could be just a coincidence.

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

When CHILD is lit the callout says 'shoot the left orbit' but both left and right are lit, could be a bug?

It also sometimes says "shoot the right orbit ". Maybe based oh where the machine thinks the ball is currently (based on switch actuation).

#1667 2 years ago

Lots of comments about code fixes...

Completely uninformed speculation....they wait until the next release is ready with the insider connected features. That has probably caused a bit of a delay...

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was thinking of buying a second hand Mandalorian LE, but then I saw the Godzilla trailer and am not sure. Does anyone have buyers regret on Mandalorian and wished they had bought Godzilla instead? Trying to get opinions from people who have had Mandalorian at home for a while, and have more perspective on the gameplay. Thanks!

ZERO REGERTS

#1669 2 years ago

Not even one letter? Haha

#1670 2 years ago

New to the club, trying to learn this game. What is the best usage for the flamethrower?

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

New to the club, trying to learn this game. What is the best usage for the flamethrower?

I like using it on spider multiball and mudhorn mode.

Remember you gotta hold it to let it lite all shots. So do it while the video is playing when the mode starts

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I try to get a mission started, then start a miltiball and hold the flamethrower as the multi ball starts

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember you gotta hold it to let it lite all shots. So do it while the video is playing when the mode starts

Great advice! I had no idea. I have mine coming next month so I can't wait to get time on it. I've never modded a game before so would love to hear if any of the mods out there for Mando are more impactful than others, or if they're all just personal preference.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Deffo a bug !

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

The most productive use of the flamethrower is when you have multiple shots lit that are worth something as the flamethrower will then make those shots worth double.
I believe this is also true if you have a jackpot shot lit which would then double the jackpot.
Not sure if it stacks with the multipliers tho as haven’t yet got that far into the code

#1676 2 years ago

Last night I enjoyed playing 2-3 player co-op games by myself.

#1677 2 years ago

I LOVE playing 4-player co-op by myself on this game so I can keep getting deeper into the modes. All the new player options (co-op/impossible/etc) are the greatest additions to pinball in years if you ask me.

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Didn't know you're supposed to hold it. Will try!

#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Didn't know you're supposed to hold it. Will try!

Yes, you will watch the 'fire' effects pan over the arrow inserts from right to left. Only hitting it quickly will only lite one shot! You have to hold it a good bit, probably a good 4 seconds or so to get all the way across the PF.

#1680 2 years ago

Protector is a shit ! But it can offer you the chance to know better than before possible issues, how a mech work and to test your limit . It’s a real challenge sometimes. Thx Stern

435A1F98-90AA-4993-87BA-5B8D3F0EC2A1 (resized).jpeg435A1F98-90AA-4993-87BA-5B8D3F0EC2A1 (resized).jpeg4DFE6190-F96B-4D2B-AEB3-99D5F0CB473A (resized).jpeg4DFE6190-F96B-4D2B-AEB3-99D5F0CB473A (resized).jpegC03670BF-A718-4563-876E-5CFF9E2C3F11 (resized).jpegC03670BF-A718-4563-876E-5CFF9E2C3F11 (resized).jpegC649B4F7-A0CA-4394-8864-08A3B128EF96 (resized).jpegC649B4F7-A0CA-4394-8864-08A3B128EF96 (resized).jpegFF152691-89F9-47DF-A278-16A0A9A942B5 (resized).jpegFF152691-89F9-47DF-A278-16A0A9A942B5 (resized).jpeg
#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Protector is a shit ! But it can offer you the chance to know better than before possible issues, how a mech work and to test your limit . It’s a real challenge sometimes. Thx Stern
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t forget to put washers under the ambush scoop mech or it will dig into the protector and get stuck

#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Don’t forget to put washers under the ambush scoop mech or it will dig into the protector and get stuck

Ok thx

#1683 2 years ago

Didn’t realise people where still putting these on.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, you will watch the 'fire' effects pan over the arrow inserts from right to left. Only hitting it quickly will only lite one shot! You have to hold it a good bit, probably a good 4 seconds or so to get all the way across the PF.

Dwight added a cool visual cue to know when all shots have been “hit” by the flamethrower - at least when you are in a multi ball. The blinking ball save light will go solid while the flame thrower is active and go back to blinking when you can let go of the action button.

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Dwight added a cool visual cue to know when all shots have been “hit” by the flamethrower - at least when you are in a multi ball. The blinking ball save light will go solid while the flame thrower is active and go back to blinking when you can let go of the action button.

Dwight is great at visuals and a lot of the time the frame work of his code is superb, I think Mando might be his best, the flamethrower is brilliant theme integration on a code level and the foundry RPG elements are very fresh and fun.

I just wish he would follow through with the polish that always seems to be lacking with his games, not sure if it’s timeframes Stern impose on him but when other coders are polishing their games to a shine why can’t Dwight?

#1686 2 years ago

I have been attempting to get to This is the Way on co-op. I play 4 person. Encounters is always hardest to get through. However maybe it is a error but seems if I get through all encounters it stays lit til the next game. Then the next. Green and Yellow reset. Red doesnt until I have lit This is the Way. Still have not actually played it.

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I have been attempting to get to This is the Way on co-op. I play 4 person. Encounters is always hardest to get through. However maybe it is a error but seems if I get through all encounters it stays lit til the next game. Then the next. Green and Yellow reset. Red doesnt until I have lit This is the Way. Still have not actually played it.

I had done the same thing. Only got to this is the way once on my last ball and it didn’t last very long. I find that the encounters in co-op play sometimes repeat. I have had to repeat encounter 3 level 3 a few times before it registers.

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

I had done the same thing. Only got to this is the way once on my last ball and it didn’t last very long. I find that the encounters in co-op play sometimes repeat. I have had to repeat encounter 3 level 3 a few times before it registers.

Every player gets a chance to play the wizards. Every one has to complete to move along on that player. I just want to see it lol

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The drain hole area of the Premium/LE playfield protector is kind of off I found, does not fit the hole properly. Did you experience that? I ended up putting mylar on the drain hole and a cliffy on top of the leading edge.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t realise people where still putting these on.

Others have...The mini playfield has a protector as well. It's a ton of work we'll see if it was worth it sometime in the future.

PP Overall Final Look (resized).jpgPP Overall Final Look (resized).jpg
#1691 2 years ago

It's a really really nice touch to see some of the concept arts from Christian Alzmann and Ryan Church in the attract mode. And in some way, Cara Dune is in the game...

20210919_211220(0).jpg20210919_211220(0).jpg20210920_075410.jpg20210920_075410.jpg

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's a really really nice touch to see some of the concept arts from Christian Alzmann and Ryan Church in the attract mode. And in some way, Cara Dune is in the game...
[quoted image][quoted image]

If we can alter the code through pinball browser I would like to see a lot more of Cara Dune, loved her character and the fact Disney keep trying to push strong women as an agenda it’s ridiculous they removed her character.

Plus they don’t come much stronger or tougher than Gina, regardless of her political views she an actress playing a character that’s all that should be considered.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If we can alter the code through pinball browser I would like to see a lot more of Cara Dune, loved her character and the fact Disney keep trying to push strong women as an agenda it’s ridiculous they removed her character.
Plus they don’t come much stronger or tougher than Gina, regardless of her political views she an actress playing a character that’s all that should be considered.

Nice idea. I would like to change the foundry call out of "Welcome to the foundry! Use it wisely!!". I cringe at how cheesey that sounds...

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why does everyone care so much about whether or not angry Rosie O'Donnell is in the game.

Screenshot_20210920-061929_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210920-061929_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1695 2 years ago

I would like to change some videos like that one form the foundry, it seems so poor quality in the dark areas. Aslo would like to replace the extra ball scene with the one where luke enters. I love seeing luke, they say he's in the game but I have not reached that point.

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I would like to change some videos like that one form the foundry, it seems so poor quality in the dark areas.

I was surprised on how poor the quality on the video was. Hopefully they will fix it with higher quality/better compression.

#1697 2 years ago

The video quality throughout the whole game is quite poor, all the dark scenes show this up.

#1698 2 years ago

I'm waiting for the next code update before making any changes to the videos.

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The video quality throughout the whole game is quite poor, all the dark scenes show this up.

That’s weird because when people stream Mando using a direct video feed for the video assets the video quality looks great.

I wonder if the problem is the actual LCD display or how the gamma is calibrated?

#1700 2 years ago

Not to sound facetious... but how is the skill shot in any way relying on skill?

First on my machine it's sheer luck if the ball is diverted from the upper post into the CHILD area, or just rebounds off the post and down the right orbit. Second it then has to fall over one of the rapidly flashing CHILD lights. It's a poor implementation and skill has nothing to do with it.

Is there any chance the post can be fixed by a code update? Also what about the centre shot fouling on the left plastic? I can't believe some of these issues didn't get picked up in the first 5 minutes of play testing.

Also looking for an option to keep the upper post down during an auto-plunge, just to keep play going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/34?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.