Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 157.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Got my grav charges 3-D printed today. Went with more of the beskar look to match the LE. Thanks to whoever posted that on thingiverse! I can't remember who.[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad they worked out for you, they look great!

#802 2 years ago

Test fitting pop bumper caps. I haven't used translucent resin before. Dimensions are perfect.
IMG_20210730_210037__01.jpgIMG_20210730_210037__01.jpgIMG_20210730_205240.jpgIMG_20210730_205240.jpgIMG_20210730_204846__01.jpgIMG_20210730_204846__01.jpg

I will probably just use the normal opaque white, transmits light well enough and would provide a good contrast, especially when airbrushed. Thoughts? Thicken the prints and stick with translucent?

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Test fitting pop bumper caps. I haven't used translucent resin before. Dimensions are perfect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I will probably just use the normal opaque white, transmits light well enough and would provide a good contrast, especially when airbrushed. Thoughts? Thicken the prints and stick with translucent?

These look cool! Great work!

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Translucent light blue would be nice.
Paint insignia silver/beskar

#805 2 years ago

I agree on some sort of blue color.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I like this idea with blue and beskar, but I would paint the cap and leave the insignia blue (or red). I think it would "pop" more that way... Sorry couldn't help myself

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Quoted from kidchrisso:

I agree on some sort of blue color.

Quoted from jrockne:

I like this idea with blue and beskar, but I would paint the cap and leave the insignia blue (or red). I think it would "pop" more that way... Sorry couldn't help myself

I'll see what I can do. Since red translucent and white/gray/black opague are what I have on hand... I'll do the signet in a beskar style and then glue it to the top of the red translucent top.

Also, check out the grav charger for the popper (my own design from scratch... they all tend to look the same).
IMG_20210731_144209__01.jpgIMG_20210731_144209__01.jpg

I also have a custom mushroom cloud/explosion as a popper topper - it is TOUGH to airbrush right where I would feel confident in selling them (it took me 2 hours today and I'm not happy, so you probably wouldn't be happy). That said, I'd be willing to make them for minimal cost so anyone could finish it on their own.

#808 2 years ago

Time to explore

9F92737D-F987-45A6-AFF1-0EA1D7F0E33F (resized).jpeg9F92737D-F987-45A6-AFF1-0EA1D7F0E33F (resized).jpeg
#809 2 years ago

I rejoined the club tonight (had a pro version before). Great game even though I only got to play a couple games on it so far. Installed the wizardmod artblades, shaker motor, pinstadium and HD glass.

0FA5E648-4F0B-4C62-9CFF-70BD0AC84285 (resized).jpeg0FA5E648-4F0B-4C62-9CFF-70BD0AC84285 (resized).jpeg8E91871B-A70B-45AD-B566-3A908F00225A (resized).jpeg8E91871B-A70B-45AD-B566-3A908F00225A (resized).jpeg9C5683BB-582B-497E-B31C-98DDFDD8EE73 (resized).jpeg9C5683BB-582B-497E-B31C-98DDFDD8EE73 (resized).jpeg
#810 2 years ago

Anyone having issues where the ball gets caught behind the upper play field (premium version). When hunting for a lost ball, the game doesn't move the upper play field, so it just stays lost and the game gets very confused. I couldn't find in the menu how to cycle test the play field.

Any thoughts?

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

Anyone having issues where the ball gets caught behind the upper play field (premium version). When hunting for a lost ball, the game doesn't move the upper play field, so it just stays lost and the game gets very confused. I couldn't find in the menu how to cycle test the play field.
Any thoughts?

Besides Dwight fixing it in code update there is a test setting for the mini. Go into service menu, Diagnostic, Game, and Uppf. Then close the coin door and use the flipper buttons to move it and Start button.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

Any thoughts?

I put a down payment on a decked out premium (delivery in 2022).

Gonna spend some time reviewing this thread. What’s the overall tone premium owners? Still enjoying it? Did you tire quickly?

I have a Munsters Premium and TMNT Premium and the family loves em.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Besides Dwight fixing it in code update there is a test setting for the mini. Go into service menu, Diagnostic, Game, and Uppf. Then close the coin door and use the flipper buttons to move it and Start button.

That works. Thx! That'll be good to have that fixed in a code update.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Gonna spend some time reviewing this thread. What’s the overall tone premium owners? Still enjoying it? Did you tire quickly?

Two weeks in and I think I'll like it. A few thoughts... I think the play field in the top right warrants premium over pro. For longevity of enjoying it, the different ways to play will help keep it entertaining between co-op mode (enjoyed that) and impossible mode (haven't done that yet).

It is relatively quick balls and games (my other machine is The Hobbit be which is the opposite) if that matters for your enjoyment.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

Two weeks in and I think I'll like it. A few thoughts... I think the play field in the top right warrants premium over pro. For longevity of enjoying it, the different ways to play will help keep it entertaining between co-op mode (enjoyed that) and impossible mode (haven't done that yet).
It is relatively quick balls and games (my other machine is The Hobbit be which is the opposite) if that matters for your enjoyment.

I usually tweak the #of balls and save time on my pins to ensure 5-10 minutes games. We like pinball in this house but we are far from pros

That’s cool that Mando has a co-op mode. We liked that on Ninja Turtles.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

They are gona LOVE your new mando!

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I had a TMNT and Mando is more in your face but not as fast overall. Both had a similar feel(adrenaline) like you were battling the machine which i really like. I dont have a Premium I have a LE but same game and both really nice looking pins. The mini once you get the way to play it down makes you just want to keep seeing more and more of it. The scoop 180 ramp when you repeat it is like the inner orbit on TMNT that you can repeat in a sense, both great ripping repeatable shots. The magnet by Grogu without it would feel weird, my son(11 yrs old) said he likes how the magnet grabs the ball. Ive had comment well it doesnt have toys, um the mini is the best toy in pinball in my opinion in a long time and ive owned basiclly all the newer games. Code wise there is so much breadth that there is always something to do. I grow old of games quickly if there not coded deeply and I cant stop playing Mando it keeps me hitting the start button over and over.

Did you order the side armor for your premium? They look really nice and would be a must have on premium.

#818 2 years ago

How do I play co-op mode? Also is there a way to end the game without needing to turn off power? Thanks

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

How do I play co-op mode? Also is there a way to end the game without needing to turn off power? Thanks

Hold both flippers in to get into the other modes before hitting start. To end game you have to wait until ball 2 then hold start in but it will just restart a game at ball 1 not actually end the game to attract mode.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I had a TMNT and Mando is more in your face but not as fast overall. Both had a similar feel(adrenaline) like you were battling the machine which i really like. I dont have a Premium I have a LE but same game and both really nice looking pins. The mini once you get the way to play it down makes you just want to keep seeing more and more of it. The scoop 180 ramp when you repeat it is like the inner orbit on TMNT that you can repeat in a sense, both great ripping repeatable shots. The magnet by Grogu without it would feel weird, my son(11 yrs old) said he likes how the magnet grabs the ball. Ive had comment well it doesnt have toys, um the mini is the best toy in pinball in my opinion in a long time and ive owned basiclly all the newer games. Code wise there is so much breadth that there is always something to do. I grow old of games quickly if there not coded deeply and I cant stop playing Mando it keeps me hitting the start button over and over.
Did you order the side armor for your premium? They look really nice and would be a must have on premium.

That sounds great! We really like the mini playfield on Munsters and the Krang loops on TMNT. I am getting good enough to pull off three loops in a row now and then!

As far as extras, I asked for:
HD Glass
Shaker
Shooter
Art Blades
Side Armor
External volume control
Rgb Speakers
And topper if it gets announced by then.

It’s going to be sitting next to decked out Munsters and TMNT.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hold both flippers in to get into the other modes before hitting start. To end game you have to wait until ball 2 then hold start in but it will just restart a game at ball 1 not actually end the game to attract mode.

There should be a setting in one of the adjustment menus to enable ending a game by holding start and the left flipper for a few seconds.

#822 2 years ago

I’ve finally had some time to really get into the LE and I like it, but I do feel that Stern either rushed the release or failed to test it properly. I’m going to list the issues I am having just to see if they are common. I know some of the top ones are:

- Ball clunks out of the shooter lane. Looks light it is going left then right.
- Orbits are not smooth. Particularly that area by Grogu with the metal post.
- Grogu event (magnet) can throw the ball back into the right orbit.
- Grogu event (magnet) can throw the ball directly down the center drain.
- Encounter diverter fails to catch the ball and rebounds it back down the ramp.
- Ball impacts plastic/flasher when cleanly hit up center ramp around Grogu.
- Right ramp ball guide is not well fitted into the plastic. Should be a screw.
- Scoop rejects shots often. Feels “shallow” compared to other scoops.
- Upper playfield can reject the ball on top of the right ramp plastic. There is no guide to ensure the ball drains into the chosen area.

So far I haven’t done much to fix things. I did put foal on the inside of the diverter to prevent that bounce back…I don’t really notice much difference.

Like I said, I like the game. Hopefully this doesn’t come across as negative. I think all of this can be improved, we just need some creative mods or Stern support. Let me know if you are having similar issues.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve finally had some time to really get into the LE and I like it, but I do feel that Stern either rushed the release or failed to test it properly. I’m going to list the issues I am having just to see if they are common. I know some of the top ones are:
- Encounter diverter fails to catch the ball and rebounds it back down the ramp.
- Upper playfield can reject the ball on top of the right ramp plastic. There is no guide to ensure the ball drains into the chosen area.
So far I haven’t done much to fix things. I did put foal on the inside of the diverter to prevent that bounce back…I don’t really notice much difference.
Like I said, I like the game. Hopefully this doesn’t come across as negative. I think all of this can be improved, we just need some creative mods or Stern support. Let me know if you are having similar issues.

--- Not noticed that on mine, kinda don't want to look because then it'll bother me. lol

--- Mine are smooth and fast as hell as long as the post isn't there for Child. I think it's just the way it is for the post mech that they used to make it work both ways. The bigger problem I have with the post is the bounce back down the right orbit after a clean shot. There was mention of a similar problem on Metallica solved by a metal post.

--- These are bad. The worst is the center drain ones as there's no switch for software to know it went down there. Soooo, you have a ball coming SDTM and the lights are off until the Child-times out.

--- Had it, and a little neoprene foam fixed it 100%, 1/8" thick did the trick.

--- Hate this. I was actually thinking about using some of those black spacers to try to elevate the entire plastic assy. I think there are rivets involved in changing the flasher stack and I don't have that technology. Note: it has probably saves my ass on occasion because, without hitting that, some of those shots would be ripping back at me.

--- Not sure I'm understanding this one...

--- Put a little piece of 1/16" neoprene in the back of the scoop and now shots seem to stick as expected.

- Upper playfield can reject the ball on top of the right ramp plastic. There is no guide to ensure the ball drains into the chosen area. '
--- Got this. Only a couple times, but both were SDTM. Could be fixed with a little plastic or maybe at least give you a ball save if you drain while the PF thinks you should be in the exit area.

Love the machine, it's getting 80% of the play right now. I'm shooting better on the other machines because of it. Mando is one you have to settle down and make the shots. Once you start flailing, it gets ugly.

#824 2 years ago

Sounds like the Child SDTM drops could be easily “fixed” by adding a short ball save timer after the magnet throws the ball and then give a reward if the ball drains with no switch triggered. The harder, actual fix would be programming the magnet to not throw the ball that direction.

Do you get a new attempt at a super skill shot when the ball goes back down the shooter lane like in Deadpool?

#825 2 years ago

Well it's official, I joined the club Sunday evening at 6:45. Mando Pro, my 1st NIB game! I'm happy to say it looks like Stern has addressed some of the issues on this run. They have added a metal retainer clip to keep the LED spot in place, it also looks like they've added a couple more weld spots to the diverter. Also they may have tweaked it as I have not had a single kick back from that diverter in over 60 plays without adding any foam or adjusting the flipper power. Still no washer under that guide however. It's shipped with the 9.7 code and is performing flawlessly! This is the way! Also, I added my first mod this morning, shout out to Andy at Rocket City pinball, his 3D prints are exceptional. I also had him print a set of the Detonator caps for over the red domes which I will have to paint before install. More mods on the way, including metal rails, speaker cover art and the trooper Kabob mod. I took the day off work today and honestly I may never return!

20210801_190042 (resized).jpg20210801_190042 (resized).jpg20210802_020030 (resized).jpg20210802_020030 (resized).jpg20210802_111805 (resized).jpg20210802_111805 (resized).jpg20210802_111902 (resized).jpg20210802_111902 (resized).jpg20210802_115639 (resized).jpg20210802_115639 (resized).jpg20210802_115737 (resized).jpg20210802_115737 (resized).jpg
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well it's official, I joined the club Sunday evening at 6:45. Mando Pro, my 1st NIB game! I'm happy to say it looks like Stern has addressed some of the issues on this run. They have added a metal retainer clip to keep the LED spot in place, it also looks like they've added a couple more weld spots to the diverter. Also they may have tweaked it as I have not had a single kick back from that diverter in over 60 plays without adding any foam or adjusting the flipper power. Still no washer under that guide however. It's shipped with the 9.7 code and is performing flawlessly! This is the way! Also, I added my first mod this morning, shout out to Andy at Rocket City pinball, his 3D prints are exceptional. I also had him print a set of the Detonator caps for over the red domes which I will have to paint before install. More mods on the way, including metal rails, speaker cover art and the trooper Kabob mod. I took the day off work today and honestly I may never return!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations and thank you for sharing the positive news! I get mine tomorrow and although I was disappointed at first with having to wait, in retrospect I'm glad I got in on the second run so they could address these issues.

Have a blast!

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

shout out to Andy at Rocket City pinball, his 3D prints are exceptional.
[quoted image]

That start button is sexy!

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice set up…
Looks familiar?
On your latest Mandalorian machine did Stern do anything to protect the ramp near the Carl Weathers plastic? Pics of the ramp protector and placement would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any response.
837E325E-5714-4D2E-A417-E32226231807 (resized).jpeg837E325E-5714-4D2E-A417-E32226231807 (resized).jpeg

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Nice set up…
Looks familiar?
On your latest Mandalorian machine did Stern do anything to protect the ramp near the Carl Weathers plastic? Pics of the ramp protector and placement would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any response.
[quoted image]

Here are some pics of the ramp entrance, not sure if they've made any improvements with out anything to compare them to. They don't seem too loose, or too tight. No cracks in the ramp yet so....

20210802_232632 (resized).jpg20210802_232632 (resized).jpg20210802_232702 (resized).jpg20210802_232702 (resized).jpg
#830 2 years ago

any sign of the accessories dropping as of yet?

#831 2 years ago

FYI: This is what could happen to your Manda encounter ramp if that gap between the ramp and protector isn't corrected. Might be able to put some type of foam between there or dremel the protector hole so can slide it closer to the ramp so the ball dont hit it on the way down. On a pro with around 100 plays.

If you take a close look at the picture and look at the gap between the protector and the ramp it could be the cause. More likely its the ball hitting the protector and it bending to the ramp that is stressing it to break off.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#832 2 years ago

I'm officially in the club! My pro is here!

A big thank you to ZMeny at Flipnout!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#833 2 years ago

Anyone else think the ambush ramp is tough to hit? Curious if it's just mine. If it's not a perfect shot mine gets rejected.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone else think the ambush ramp is tough to hit? Curious if it's just mine. If it's not a perfect shot mine gets rejected.

Do a quick wax job and i bet it will shoot smooth again. Its similar to the Captain Marvel ramp on AIQ premium/LE where it shoots alot nicer with just a touch more speed.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Do a quick wax job and i bet it will shoot smooth again. Its similar to the Captain Marvel ramp on AIQ premium/LE where it shoots alot nicer with just a touch more speed.

Good idea. Thanks

#836 2 years ago

Shooter lane needs some protection…

07E329CA-3E60-4AFE-AB1D-336C2A49AA77 (resized).jpeg07E329CA-3E60-4AFE-AB1D-336C2A49AA77 (resized).jpeg
#837 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Lower the power to 176 range.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

How many plays and at what power?

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Lower the power to 176 range.

It will still happen. Do that and put Mylar down.

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will cliffy protect it as well instead of Mylar?

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine is still perfect with around 100 plays. My cliffys will be here soon.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

I ordered my Cliffys a few days ago.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:How many plays and at what power?

Default - over 1200 plays

Other sterns in the row were also at default without the same quick wear. But several default at like 225… (if the scale is the same). Mando default is 255

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Will cliffy protect it as well instead of Mylar?

Probably. But way more expensive and could still allow damage eventually.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mine is still perfect with around 100 plays. My cliffys will be here soon.

Around 100 is when mine popped. After covering it with Mylar it didn’t get worse.

#846 2 years ago

Mine still looks new at 300 plays with power turned down from day 1.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Default - over 1200 plays
Other sterns in the row were also at default without the same quick wear. But several default at like 225… (if the scale is the same). Mando default is 255

On location or do you play a lot of pinball?

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On location or do you play a lot of pinball?

This example we have on location.

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This example we have on location.

Pics of your ramp near Carl Weathers, please. What did you do to protect it in location play?

#850 2 years ago

New Mando Premium checking in!
Crappy photo because I've been too busy giving it some plays...
Will add a shaker and all the Stern accessories when they arrive.
Debating getting some anti-reflection/invisiglass vs. some Pinstadiums (or both) to help with the reflection on the backglass.
Other than that, still in the honeymoon phase...

IMG_20210804_114447 (resized).jpgIMG_20210804_114447 (resized).jpgIMG_20210804_131945 (resized).jpgIMG_20210804_131945 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 22.95
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/17?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.