IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 156.
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Not sure if this will be the end placement or not yet for Slave 1. Fits. Not as wild that it covers a little bit of artwork on the plastics. You can't tell from this pic, but you can still see Cara on the shooter lane. Good size though. Don't know. Will have to see if it stays in or not. Haven't made up my mind yet, but for those looking to mod, here is a pic. Is the seismic charge even in the game??
[quoted image]

Who make that slave 1 what brand ?

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Who make that slave 1 what brand ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSGRV85

Brand: Atomic Mass Games

#703 2 years ago

Not sure if this will be the end placement or not yet for Slave 1. Fits. Not as wild that it covers a little bit of artwork on the plastics and shooter lane. Good size though. Don't know. Will have to see if it stays in or not. Haven't made up my mind yet, but for those looking to mod, here is a pic. Is the seismic charge even in the game??
[quoted image]

You can always clock it a little left or right. Doesn't need to be straight up and down.

#704 2 years ago

Got mine set up today. Only my second pin but loving the hobby.

3746472A-8353-4C7B-BDD7-292053A6D5E4 (resized).jpeg3746472A-8353-4C7B-BDD7-292053A6D5E4 (resized).jpeg
#705 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Mine is the same way, hard to consistently get full super skill shot plunge. Orbits are also rattletraps. still tweaking

Noticed that exact problem. Having a hard time diagnosing - we played a few games tonight and the full super skill shot plunge was 50/50 - this is on 0.97 - not sure what it’s getting hung up on, but seems directly related to how smooth the ball is coming out of the shooter lane. Really need to solve this one…

#706 2 years ago

A94F42B2-D716-4506-A55C-D4F5ED94AF64 (resized).jpegA94F42B2-D716-4506-A55C-D4F5ED94AF64 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from pinballkyle:This crack occurs because they installed the screw in the wrong place. There’s a huge gap in between the ramp and protector, thus the screw takes all the force. This causes the crack.
Before I routed mine, I made the hole larger on the protector, then I used 2 sided tape between the ramp and protector, and used zip ties instead of screws. Been on route for a few weeks now, and all is fine.

@pinballkyle
I kinda understand what you are saying, but any chance can you post a pic of this….please. Thanks in advance for helping preserve the ramp. Has anyone used a plastic washer under the protector or will “cliffy” make a longer ramp protector for us, kinda like what he did for the space shuttle ramp protectors?
Here is an example.

#707 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned... Mando's helmet on the LE back glass is pretty much the proper distance, height and proportion to be as if the player is wearing the helmet.

#708 2 years ago

My brother in law and cousin just picked up their LEs, any preventative measures they should be taking?

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

My brother in law and cousin just picked up their LEs, any preventative measures they should be taking?

First thing I do is turn the trough power way down. For Mando though I think they are putting washers under the horseshoe guide now but I would double check.

#710 2 years ago

We had the diverter break on our Mando at the club. Stern sent out a new one. When I bolted the new one on, it wouldn’t sit all the way down onto the ramp. It binds against the left wall of the ramp, about half way down. I can see why the ramp is getting marred up(less of an issue) and why weak welds might break by binding there. Anyone else have this issue?

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

We had the diverter break on our Mando at the club. Stern sent out a new one. When I bolted the new one on, it wouldn’t sit all the way down onto the ramp. It binds against the left wall of the ramp, about half way down. I can see why the ramp is getting marred up(less of an issue) and why weak welds might break by binding there. Anyone else have this issue?

30 seconds against the grinding disc to shorten it

(Or just reshape it by bending the end in)

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Backhand the right ramp from a cradle with right flipper. Its really easy to get since it needs no rollout from a cradle to hit it.

Oops, I was actually talking about the flip up ramp. I guess that's called the ambush ramp? That is a tough shot on my machine.

#713 2 years ago

Played a coop game with my wife today. She was player two, on ball 3. Hit the foundry and bought an extra ball. Ball kicked out and she drained maybe 5 seconds later. I laughed and said, “at least you have an extra ball!”. Then the game ended….

Bug? Anyone experience this?

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Played a coop game with my wife today. She was player two, on ball 3. Hit the foundry and bought an extra ball. Ball kicked out and she drained maybe 5 seconds later. I laughed and said, “at least you have an extra ball!”. Then the game ended….
Bug? Anyone experience this?

It lights extra ball. Doesn’t collect it.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It lights extra ball. Doesn’t collect it.

Ah ha! Thanks man.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Saw this on the prem I pl

You must not be waiting on yours. More pics pls.

2 weeks until i have it

#717 2 years ago

Got a chance to play the LE yesterday at NextLevel Pinball and loved it. I’m in the market for a pin to liven up my lineup (StarTrekpro, BM66, JP, Stars) until Stern reruns Elvira and Deadpool Premiums. I read all the pages in this topic but still can’t quite get a feel for the consensus on the Pro version of Mando.

Pro owners, what’s your thoughts on the pro version (especially if you tried a prem/le before the pro)? How many of you immediately changed out the plastic ramps? I thought the upper play field on the LE was cool but not a must have. How about the other shots in the game?

Thanks all

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

How many of you immediately changed out the plastic ramps?

No one has because there is no means to yet. One guy is making them and the stern pns are known… but that’s it

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No one has because there is no means to yet. One guy is making them and the stern pns are known… but that’s it

8228E412-E73C-4222-9F3E-50BC9ABA43B3 (resized).jpeg8228E412-E73C-4222-9F3E-50BC9ABA43B3 (resized).jpeg

They work quite well

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Got a chance to play the LE yesterday at NextLevel Pinball and loved it. I’m in the market for a pin to liven up my lineup (StarTrekpro, BM66, JP, Stars) until Stern reruns Elvira and Deadpool Premiums. I read all the pages in this topic but still can’t quite get a feel for the consensus on the Pro version of Mando.
Pro owners, what’s your thoughts on the pro version (especially if you tried a prem/le before the pro)? How many of you immediately changed out the plastic ramps? I thought the upper play field on the LE was cool but not a must have. How about the other shots in the game?
Thanks all

Upper playfield is much more fun than I was expecting. It makes for a nice additional challenge.

#721 2 years ago

Joined up! 033B8C75-38A2-4AEC-A1E2-796E69E6CCC0 (resized).jpeg033B8C75-38A2-4AEC-A1E2-796E69E6CCC0 (resized).jpeg

#722 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ahhh, I saw where somebody commented that there were no more ramps at Marco and thought that was linked to everyone buying them up. It looks like premium L ramp exit would need modification anyway. The custom ramps look great... now to just find a machine.

#723 2 years ago

Am I the only one that finds that left ramp a bear to hit !?

#724 2 years ago

Stormtrooper helmets mod info

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-mandalorian-stormtrooper-helmet-spikes-mod-#post-6406570

Thanks again
Tom D
DIDDY'S Mods

409c3d3e-917d-459c-b8bf-c4480566b6c7_screenshot (resized).jpg409c3d3e-917d-459c-b8bf-c4480566b6c7_screenshot (resized).jpgd368c14d504fc7fa32df366359eae9993c1310a8 (resized).jpgd368c14d504fc7fa32df366359eae9993c1310a8 (resized).jpg20210720_113516 (resized).jpg20210720_113516 (resized).jpg20210720_113521 (resized).jpg20210720_113521 (resized).jpg20210720_113526 (resized).jpg20210720_113526 (resized).jpgreceived_1204626616649226 (resized).jpegreceived_1204626616649226 (resized).jpeg
#725 2 years ago

Ok two things are annoying the heck out of me !

1. I get a lot of STDM coming off the left orbit . Seems to hit this post and go STDM A LOT!

2. Auto launch on the orbit is 50/50 , hits this metal post behind grogu .

Also guess I have three on occasion the inner loop doesn’t register a clean shot .

Before I tweak wondering if anyone else has has success fixing any of these issues.

3FF547FE-F8FB-470A-B2A6-E97E9DCF793A (resized).jpeg3FF547FE-F8FB-470A-B2A6-E97E9DCF793A (resized).jpegCBDE41BC-3F05-4C2A-9566-325CFBC88E25 (resized).jpegCBDE41BC-3F05-4C2A-9566-325CFBC88E25 (resized).jpeg
#726 2 years ago

1. Is easy. Loosen the guide and move it out more so the ball doesn’t hit that post.

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1. Is easy. Loosen the guide and move it out more so the ball doesn’t hit that post.

Cool thanks ! I figured that may be the case .

#728 2 years ago

So I get the check switch #23 error. When playing the upper playfield flippers work fine. Just ignore the error?

0315FEDE-4203-452D-8A0A-2A71D5A5C8C7 (resized).jpeg0315FEDE-4203-452D-8A0A-2A71D5A5C8C7 (resized).jpeg
#729 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I get the check switch #23 error. When playing the upper playfield flippers work fine. Just ignore the error?
[quoted image]

Yes ignore I get this on my LE as well.

#730 2 years ago

Got my LE. What an awesome game. I think it's my favorite Dwight coded game for sure. Layout is awesome, Brian Eddy crushed it vs Stranger Things IMO! The overall package is great. The sounds, music (Jetpack MB is so epic), etc is so good.

Couple complaints. I think the Child/Baby Yoda integration could have been more thoughtful. I don't know, it just feels a bit weak with the magnet that randomly flings the ball to an inlane. Would have been cool to see his floating car seat thing open up and do something instead, or have it move and do something.

I'm having the typical switch error people have mentioned here (likely code related) and bounce outs front the upper playfield gate mech or whatever you call it. Turned power down on right flipper and put a piece of foam and it's helped a lot.

The main issue I'm seeing is literally 60-70% of all plunges that hit the diverter post end up going on the 'D' of the CHILD inlanes and it then goes SDTM. I think this area could have been designed better. Has anyone done anything to lesson that from occurring? It's pretty frustrating when a SDTM occurs back to back.

Other than that it's an excellent game, and way better than other Star Wars pins I've had. Great job Stern!! Playfield and everything is perfect.

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Got my LE. What an awesome game. I think it's my favorite Dwight coded game for sure. Layout is awesome, Brian Eddy crushed it vs Stranger Things IMO! The overall package is great. The sounds, music (Jetpack MB is so epic), etc is so good.
Couple complaints. I think the Child/Baby Yoda integration could have been more thoughtful. I don't know, it just feels a bit weak with the magnet that randomly flings the ball to an inlane. Would have been cool to see his floating car seat thing open up and do something instead, or have it move and do something.
I'm having the typical switch error people have mentioned here (likely code related) and bounce outs front the upper playfield gate mech or whatever you call it. Turned power down on right flipper and put a piece of foam and it's helped a lot.
The main issue I'm seeing is literally 60-70% of all plunges that hit the diverter post end up going on the 'D' of the CHILD inlanes and it then goes SDTM. I think this area could have been designed better. Has anyone done anything to lesson that from occurring? It's pretty frustrating when a SDTM occurs back to back.
Other than that it's an excellent game, and way better than other Star Wars pins I've had. Great job Stern!! Playfield and everything is perfect.

Re: plunges STDM...thank goodness I'm not alone in this! I was about ready to throw it on Pinside marketplace, I love it but it's really being a jerk to me with drains. Full disclosure, it got worse when I put my default translucent Titans in.

I got it dead level L-R and tried a bunch of slopes from 6.5 - 7. Nothing helped.

Here's what fixed it for me, the plastics between the lanes have a small ring on top and larger on bottom (3/16 and 5/16, I believe). I put a larger one on the tops of both the one it hits first (between H and I) and the last one on the right in case it exists right. I figured that it may change the trajectories just enough.

I'm now getting more reasonable plunges...most dropping through a lane. More importantly, the ones that exit right and come down the middle are hitting my right flipper.

The rest of the machine is still being jerky tho. LOL

#732 2 years ago

Did anyone else who picked up their LE notice that they went through and reinforced the weld on the diverter for the upper playfield? I noticed it on both of the ones I set up, looked like they went through and doubled up on top of the old joints.

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Did anyone else who picked up their LE notice that they went through and reinforced the weld on the diverter for the upper playfield? I noticed it on both of the ones I set up, looked like they went through and doubled up on top of the old joints.

Not an LE, but same on my Premium

#734 2 years ago

Not an LE, but same on my Premium

Nice, hopefully they hold up.

#735 2 years ago

It has been a long wait but Mando just arrived. Will set up hopefully today. Was freaking out had a hole in the bottom of the box but looks to be no damage.

103CF9FB-3F41-49A7-8CD4-AB239E4AC1F4 (resized).jpeg103CF9FB-3F41-49A7-8CD4-AB239E4AC1F4 (resized).jpegACA651BD-E899-4299-9DB8-F74FF243A38B (resized).jpegACA651BD-E899-4299-9DB8-F74FF243A38B (resized).jpeg
#736 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

pix?

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Mine definitely looks like they did something with the weld. Premium.

#738 2 years ago

They're at my brother in law and cousin's houses. I forgot to snap a pic, I'll have one of them shoot me one.

#739 2 years ago

Anyone heard any updates on how many premiums are out there right now? Getting frustrated with my distributor and can’t get any answers as to when mine is coming.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Re: plunges STDM...thank goodness I'm not alone in this! I was about ready to throw it on Pinside marketplace, I love it but it's really being a jerk to me with drains. Full disclosure, it got worse when I put my default translucent Titans in.
I got it dead level L-R and tried a bunch of slopes from 6.5 - 7. Nothing helped.
Here's what fixed it for me, the plastics between the lanes have a small ring on top and larger on bottom (3/16 and 5/16, I believe). I put a larger one on the tops of both the one it hits first (between H and I) and the last one on the right in case it exists right. I figured that it may change the trajectories just enough.
I'm now getting more reasonable plunges...most dropping through a lane. More importantly, the ones that exit right and come down the middle are hitting my right flipper.
The rest of the machine is still being jerky tho. LOL

Thanks, going to try this. No fun plunging and getting SDTMs more than half the time lol

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Anyone heard any updates on how many premiums are out there right now? Getting frustrated with my distributor and can’t get any answers as to when mine is coming.

Next shipment is supposed to be in October.

#742 2 years ago

Quick thoughts after playing the premium for a few days:

-Great game. At first it felt a little clunky. Then I realized it's an actual Stern with items on the playfield! LOL. I have it right beside my GNR and love them both! Not sure it's the game for flow addicts.

-I love the upper playfield but I also enjoy the pro upper playfield. I think it's great that they provide two different experiences. Can't go wrong with either.

-The magnet isn't so bad. Reminds me of Iron Man. The ball pretty much goes under BY so it's not taking up that much space.

-I could live without the ambush ramp but I like the metal wire forms over the plastic.

-I struggled to hit the right and left ramps for the first few games but now I can hit them easily. Easier for me to hit them when I'm trapped up.

-Really enjoy the rules and gameplay. It seems simple but it will take me a lot of practice to get to wizard mode. Beskar option is great, especially since the strategy changes based on the type of game you're playing.

-Theme integration is great. I'm not a huge fan of the show but I purchased the game for my kids. However; I really enjoy the theme integration and art.

Happy flipping!

#743 2 years ago

Not a great shot but has about 5 welds with a quarter inch space in between each.

C2574A81-AAD3-42A6-B23D-5F9B6956EF4C_1_105_c (resized).jpegC2574A81-AAD3-42A6-B23D-5F9B6956EF4C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#744 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok two things are annoying the heck out of me !
1. I get a lot of STDM coming off the left orbit . Seems to hit this post and go STDM A LOT!
2. Auto launch on the orbit is 50/50 , hits this metal post behind grogu .
Also guess I have three on occasion the inner loop doesn’t register a clean shot .
Before I tweak wondering if anyone else has has success fixing any of these issues.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok well #1 was easy ! Remove the plastic above that guide , loosen one screw , move guide good to go !

As for the ball launch , this is software related . The post goes up and then back down I suspect sometimes it doesn’t go down fast enough . When the game is off I can plunge that loop reliably 100%

Bounce backs off the right orbit in game play seem very much like Metallica and unavoidable! Maybe there is a metal post replacement ?

#745 2 years ago

Joined the Premium club today!

#746 2 years ago

On newly built premiums do you guys have to press the menu buttons with the strength of Hercules to get them to work? Someone besides me said their Pro was this way and I'm curious if I should request a new panel.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

On newly built premiums do you guys have to press the menu buttons with the strength of Hercules to get them to work? Someone besides me said their Pro was this way and I'm curious if I should request a new panel.

My LE is like yours. Not sure what they changed yet but I dont like it.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

My LE is like this too. Probably a bad run of switches.

#749 2 years ago

I ended up removing the rubbers on 2 of the CHILD inlanes. This really helped with the ball bouncing off them from a plunge and going SDTM. It essentially eliminated it from happening. Give that a shot if you have a similar issue with yours.

The rejects off the plastic post from the right orbit suck though. The fix for my MET was a metal post, hopefully someone can experiment with replacing the plastic one with a metal post so we know what part to buy. Pretty crazy how during all of Stern's playtesting they didn't think to correct that obvious flaw.

20210726_194500 (resized).jpg20210726_194500 (resized).jpg

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Next shipment is supposed to be in October.

My distributer still insists its shipping in July in an email last week (I ordered the day it was announced), well it's still not here and not sure whats going to change in the next 4 days, but I'm hopeful! Guess we'll wait and see... Anyone have any inside news on how the first round Premium shipping is coming along?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.