Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 157.
#7301 11 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I started to post "It's amazing to me that some of you folks can just buy a machine without having played it" and then I realized that's exactly what I did for Mando, when it was initially announced.... sooo nevermind!
I knew I loved Deadpool and BM66 when I sought those out, but I guess there's something to be said about that "I have no idea what kind of experience I'm unboxing" excitement.

I got it a decent price and even if I lose 1k or so I am ok with it for the experience.

Probably 70% of my collection I bought before playing.

#7302 11 months ago

I have one of those toppers from the guy in Italy selling them through Facebook for around $150. The holes were in the wrong place, so I had to drill my own and the lights don’t plug in directly. So I added my own lights powered by a remote battery pack from Amazon. A bit of a headache but I love the end result which gives me the Pro graphics sitting right on top of the Premium.

Quoted from Utubereefer:

Joined the Order of the bounty hunters picking up this Mandalorian pro after a local laser tag joint went out of biz! Really loving this pin. Carl Weathers on call outs!!!!! Makes me smile every time. Just curious if you guys can help me find a topper that’s not $2,000. I do think the official Stern topper is cool but I’d rather not spend that kind of dough on a topper for a pro model. It’s begging for something on top tho.[quoted image]

IMG_7697 (resized).jpegIMG_7697 (resized).jpeg
#7303 11 months ago

It’s probably been discussed here before, but I recently added the armor light up kit from hooked and really like it.

A44CE143-D26A-42F6-BB69-7C3550751360 (resized).jpegA44CE143-D26A-42F6-BB69-7C3550751360 (resized).jpeg

#7304 11 months ago

So I just acquired a 2nd hand Mando Pro. I’ve yet to get the super skill shot to work. When I got it the machine I updated it from 1.02 to 1.42 (quick update).

Since I got the machine, the top post stays down regardless of whether you hold the left flipper. When holding the left flipper (all the way through the orbit) the screen never says ‘super skill shot’ and the shots don’t light.

Per another post on this thread, I tried setting the Top Post adjustment to “right orbit shots” rather than the default which was set to “raises as needed.” It now raises the post for right orbit shots, but doesn’t drop it for super skill shots.

Searching this thread and reading all of Dwight’s posts, I’m just confused at this point... I also saw various spots on this thread saying the skill shot was now disabled for some reason??

Side note: the top post tests fine.

TL;DR: What is the normal behavior for the super skill shot with the latest code?

Thanks!

#7305 11 months ago

Check out what my pinhead boss just dropped off at the company office! I guess I'll have to stick around. I'll get a hundred or so plays in by the end of the year for sure.

Mando1 (resized).jpgMando1 (resized).jpg
#7306 11 months ago

What is the best animated grogu mod?

Hard to tell from reading the thread.

#7307 11 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Check Joe Abate. But there are various versions where a Hasbro Grogu is disected to fit in the back with animations, moving ears, eyes and force move.

#7308 11 months ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

It’s probably been discussed here before, but I recently added the armor light up kit from hooked and really like it.
[quoted image]

That does look sharp

#7309 11 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I bought most of the guts required to do the animated Grogu, but ultimately decided not to mess with it. Eventually I just decided that while it was kind of cool to look at, all the other considerations (how to get it to not run during attract mode, whether you want to go the more advanced route and integrate it with the game events rather than electrically following an insert, getting it mounted just right and not getting balls stuck on it, etc) weren't really worth it for something only I would really notice or care about.

I think your options are basically the Acejedi (Joe Abate) approach (I think he might have a free guide you can follow even if you don't buy a kit from him) or possibly the Tekman route (a more "integrated" approach which may be out of production at this point). If you search pinside for threads they've started I think you'll find what you need.

#7310 11 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Best is subjective, but here is ours. I currently have one left in stock.

https://lermods.com/products/the-mandalorian-pinball-animated-interactive-grogu

#7311 11 months ago

Great value on low play loaded mando package

#7312 11 months ago

If anyone with the animated grogu mod is selling their original grogu figure shoot me a message, I’m looking to buy one.

#7313 11 months ago

Got mine signed today came out great

Man he must be good luck my best game yet

14D02AD6-2646-4E79-838A-BEDD3EFD59F1 (resized).jpeg14D02AD6-2646-4E79-838A-BEDD3EFD59F1 (resized).jpeg37358582-A325-4912-8B79-498978CCAC2D (resized).jpeg37358582-A325-4912-8B79-498978CCAC2D (resized).jpeg

0AD4755F-7AFB-4832-97A8-5A0F9F5A40AC (resized).jpeg0AD4755F-7AFB-4832-97A8-5A0F9F5A40AC (resized).jpeg
#7314 11 months ago

@Xagery, can you let the top post up in the magnet phase of the child?

The ball on my LE table often goes back to the right orbit instead or the top lanes, pushed by the force of the magnet.

If the top post was up, this exit would be closed.

TIA.

#7315 11 months ago

Hoping to pick up my Mando pinball this weekend (first table too!), I really like the Amban Rifle side protectors, but they seem to be pretty tricky to find here in the States now. Anyone seen them up for grabs recently? Thanks!

#7316 11 months ago
Quoted from Lidocaine:

Hoping to pick up my Mando pinball this weekend (first table too!), I really like the Amban Rifle side protectors, but they seem to be pretty tricky to find here in the States now. Anyone seen them up for grabs recently? Thanks!

Congratulations on your first pin! It's tough but rewarding when your hitting your shots. No brainer for Star Wars fans.

#7317 11 months ago
Quoted from mdmitch2:

TL;DR: What is the normal behavior for the super skill shot with the latest code?

Hold left flipper, full plunge. Keep holding the button until the ball passes through the C lane. The U-turn shot lights. If you hit that, the right ramp lights. If you hit that, then the scoop, left ramp, and center shot all light. Hit one of those to finish the super skill shot.

#7318 11 months ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Hold left flipper, full plunge. Keep holding the button until the ball passes through the C lane. The U-turn shot lights. If you hit that, the right ramp lights. If you hit that, then the scoop, left ramp, and center shot all light. Hit one of those to finish the super skill shot.

Thanks for the info -- that's what I've been doing, so I guess mine doesn't work for some reason. I'm going to inspect the top post mechanism and see if I can find any issues despite it testing correctly. If that doesn't work, I'll try wiping and re-installing code.

#7319 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Best is subjective, but here is ours. I currently have one left in stock.
https://lermods.com/products/the-mandalorian-pinball-animated-interactive-grogu

Good looking mod from Lermods. Works well if you put it on the child light and zip tie right wrist to ball gate. Get attract mode shut off switch too.

#7320 11 months ago
Quoted from mdmitch2:

Thanks for the info -- that's what I've been doing, so I guess mine doesn't work for some reason. I'm going to inspect the top post mechanism and see if I can find any issues despite it testing correctly. If that doesn't work, I'll try wiping and re-installing code.

I might be misunderstanding something here, but what does the up-post have to do with the super skill shot? It shouldn't be involved, the ball needs to go all the way around.

#7321 11 months ago

So for me, before last update left flipper used to have to be held in to keep post down so ball went all the way around for super skill shot . Now it doesn't pop up regardless of flipper being pressed or not after latest update....

#7322 11 months ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I might be misunderstanding something here, but what does the up-post have to do with the super skill shot? It shouldn't be involved, the ball needs to go all the way around.

***looks like I posted at the exact same time as the above post, so this was not a response to that post, but to the one before it***

My understanding is that the top post drops when you hold down the left flipper for the super skill shot. So I'm thinking that if the top post is behaving erratically for some reason, it would prevent the skill shot logic from triggering.

In my case, the top post seems to be normally in the down position, and then comes up seemingly randomly but not very often. And when I hold down the left flipper, and wait for the C switch to trip, the Super Skill Shot does not engage (regardless of whether the child is lit). I tried reinstalling the 1.42 code, but the install process only seemed to verify that the latest code was installed rather than actually reinstalling it.

#7323 11 months ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

So for me, before last update left flipper used to have to be held in to keep post down so ball went all the way around for super skill shot . Now it doesn't pop up regardless of flipper being pressed or not after latest update....

So does the super skill shot still work when you hold the left flipper even though it doesn't affect the post behavior?

#7324 11 months ago

Anyone interested in wireforms for the pro I am redoing them now. $235 shipped to U.S. just pm me.

#7325 11 months ago
Quoted from mdmitch2:

In my case, the top post seems to be normally in the down position, and then comes up seemingly randomly but not very often. And when I hold down the left flipper, and wait for the C switch to trip, the Super Skill Shot does not engage.

This almost sounds like some kind of switch issue, either a switch on the playfield activating when it shouldn't and telling the game that you've already Hit something else, or the switch on the C lane not registering correctly.

The way that up post mech works, it's always down unless the game turns it on. I think it's only supposed to come on to redirect balls to the child lanes, but I'm sure there are probably a few other cases.

#7326 11 months ago

Hey guys I was using the Ethernet port in the back box for my stern insider but since I got the topper that had to be removed . Do I use this Ethernet port instead ? What is that weird stick dongle ? Does it do anything. ? Thanks

DA489480-640B-4B65-AC7E-B4AC2A822675 (resized).jpegDA489480-640B-4B65-AC7E-B4AC2A822675 (resized).jpeg
#7327 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I was using the Ethernet port in the back box for my stern insider but since I got the topper that had to be removed . Do I use this Ethernet port instead ? What is that weird stick dongle ? Does it do anything. ? Thanks
[quoted image]

I use that one. That is just a dummy plug for the jack.

#7328 11 months ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Have you tested the coil is working in the test menu?

#7329 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you tested the coil is working in the test menu?

Yes, the coil tested normally.

As it turns out, the issue was the switch in the wooden section of the shooter lane, about one foot above the plunger. I didn't realize that switch had anything to do with the skill shot, but apparently it does. I bent the wire and it's working again. Super Skill Shot is back in action!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

#7330 11 months ago

What would be a decent score for this pin? Today I made it to 12.9 billion; is that a fair score?

#7331 11 months ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

What would be a decent score for this pin? Today I made it to 12.9 billion; is that a fair score?

Does it go that high?

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-mandalorian-premium/scores

#7332 11 months ago

I think you now the answer to that question, you damn show off!

#7333 11 months ago

Glass off, 6 balls, rubber bands in the outlines and a broken switch to rack up unlimited points. I’m a pro at this game!

#7334 11 months ago

You probably have a switch issue. That score is kind of impossible.

#7335 11 months ago

I honestly did not know what was a decent score. I've had this pin for over a month now ,and obviously, I get better at it the more I play it. Still don't know how I achieved the 12.9 Billion score. I'm also Vigilant and you can see what I was getting as high scores. Bottom line is that it is a fun pin with challenging shots, fast paced, great sound, and very intriguing light shows.

IMG_4153 (resized).jpegIMG_4153 (resized).jpeg

#7336 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You probably have a switch issue. That score is kind of impossible.

That could certainly be a reason, but this high score has only happened once. Oh well ... I'm enjoying it.

#7337 11 months ago

That could certainly be a reason, but this high score has only happened once. Oh well ... I'm enjoying it.

Check the switch in the pops. It’s behind a rubber right below the pops and behind the foundry scoop.

#7338 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check the switch in the pops. It’s behind a rubber right below the pops and behind the foundry scoop.

I stand corrected. It was a switch, I found it and adjusted it. Just now read your comment on which switch to look for and you were right on target. That was the faulty switch. Thanks for your help.

#7339 11 months ago

I stand corrected. It was a switch, I found it and adjusted it. Just now read your comment on which switch to look for and you were right on target. That was the faulty switch. Thanks for your help.

I thought you were some pinball god with that score haha. Although the be fair even if my target was sticking I still wouldn’t get 12 billion, I would be lucky to hit 2 billion haha.

#7340 11 months ago

This bastard is moon lighting as Keith Elwin.

GET HIM BOYS!!!

#7341 11 months ago

Does anybody have a good solid plan they use in playing through mando. I’m trying various routes and strategies to get better scores but feel like I’m missing something. I know the rules well enough now after playing a lot every day since I got my LE. is it all about the multipliers? How are you guys building them so well as I feel like for me, they are just luck shots (boba fet). (Lighting hunter) Should I start a multiball first off to get this up and then jump into a mission.

So yeh, I’d love to hear of some peoples go to strategies so I can try them out and see what works. Absolutely obsessed with this pin and it still excites me everytime I walk up to it.

I’m on 5 ball, probably getting couple of extra balls per game. I can usually average 300-400 mil. My top score is 650 million but I got lucky with a question mark in foundry 5or6x multiplier for this one.

#7342 11 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Folks,
This did the trick. I'll add some flavor to my previous post.
You'll need:
- #1 Philips Screwdriver
- 1/4" socket
- #2 Philips Screwdriver (longer one)
Use the #1 Screwdriver on the black screws that I've circled in red. Behind those screws is a 1/4" nut. There are 6 across the front.
Remove the 2 black screws on top of that ledge in the front.
Note, that the 2 screws on that ledge are a different size useful for when you put everything back together.
The front cover can come off. (It may need to be pulled up slightly and then out)
There are 3 screws on the screen bracket that must be loosened. Loosen these a good bit. I only loosened them slightly at first and the screen wouldn't budge. The picture I have is after I moved the screen. Mine was noticeable further back. You will need the long #2 Philips to be able to access the 2 screws on the sides of the bracket.
Pull the screen as far forward as it will go.
With the machine on, check to make sure that the graphics are level. Mine needed to have one side moved.
Tighten the 3 bracket screws.
Reinstall the front.
This took me about 15 mins.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did this to mine and what a difference…my screen was pushed forward about 1/4”- 5/16” very easy to do and I should’ve took a picture of the position of the screen before I moved it.

#7343 11 months ago

I just got my Mando premium a month ago. I have been really enjoying this game. It’s way better than some on Pinside give it credit for. Wish I would have gotten the LE! Considering swapping the premium out for one.

#7344 10 months ago

Busy day today, got a great deal on Mandalorian Topper from Old Town Pinball! Of course Will talked me into several more pins before I left.
Also got another 15 N-1 Star fighters done and shipped this week, just about caught up with orders and I will be focusing on the Foo Fighters tour van NEXT!

7097BBD6-5E46-4D4C-B794-E44AF85C04AD (resized).jpeg7097BBD6-5E46-4D4C-B794-E44AF85C04AD (resized).jpegD83E2E1E-29D5-4567-898E-A24BEF6E3B78 (resized).jpegD83E2E1E-29D5-4567-898E-A24BEF6E3B78 (resized).jpegD7533821-5410-4CA5-8547-7AC874A04F60 (resized).jpegD7533821-5410-4CA5-8547-7AC874A04F60 (resized).jpeg
#7345 10 months ago

My local distributor has a special on the topper for $1700 delivered.

#7346 10 months ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

My local distributor has a special on the topper for $1700 delivered.

ya, but did yours come with several new games at full price?
He… I… got a bargain! ….and several pins.

#7347 10 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

ya, but did yours come with several new games at full price?
He… I… got a bargain! ….and several pins.

I bought my Mando from Will. Just passing along the info on the topper in case anyone wants a "bargain" and that new ones can be found for under MSRP. I just went with a Mando helmet on mine.

#7348 10 months ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I bought my Mando from Will. Just passing along the info on the topper in case anyone wants a "bargain" and that new ones can be found for under MSRP. I just went with a Mando helmet on mine.

Thanks, below MSRP is always great! He called earlier and I said "hey it's Will"... my wife immediately said no more pins... hang up quick!" we all laughed. He's a great guy and an honest businessman I will always promote.

#7349 10 months ago

My Mandalorian Premium is in a weird state where every switch hit is awarding +2 beskar, including every time I press a flipper. Tried rebooting and it keeps doing it. I thought maybe some contact was stuck, but I don’t see in the rules how you would even get +2 beskar for something. Any ideas on either what may be causing this or what would have to normally happen to award +2 beskar so that I know where to look?

#7350 10 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

My Mandalorian Premium is in a weird state where every switch hit is awarding +2 beskar, including every time I press a flipper. Tried rebooting and it keeps doing it. I thought maybe some contact was stuck, but I don’t see in the rules how you would even get +2 beskar for something. Any ideas on either what may be causing this or what would have to normally happen to award +2 beskar so that I know where to look?

Check the switch behind the pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.