Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 157.
#7001 1 year ago

THIS IS THE WAY!

Factory settings/3 ball. Outlanes on easy, fairly generous tilt. 2 EB-1 from missions 1 from Beskar. Finished with 1 ball left. This one one of those stars aligned moments. I managed to take the signet into one more MB on ball 3 but it was mostly a lackluster ball. What a fantastic pinball moment.

TBH I think "You have what I want" and "precious cargo" are more difficult than "This is the way" to complete.

THIS-IS-THE-WAY (resized).pngTHIS-IS-THE-WAY (resized).pnggubbin-2.4bill (resized).pnggubbin-2.4bill (resized).png
#7002 1 year ago

Well done, sir!

#7003 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

my mando on location already has 2k plays ;
What kind of things do I need to replace at this interval?
So far I changed the coil stops they were literally falling apart . I change balls every 500 games ; wipe the playfield down once a month or two;
What else is there to look at around 2k plays;
Thank you

Let the game guide you.

Look for loose hardware
Look for split or broke rubber
Clean and make sure the main mechs don’t have anything hanging on a prayer
Check your flipper performance - linkage and eos arms still good.

You don’t have to proactively change anything- just do your cleaning and install whatever wear guards you prefer (shooter lane etc).

Balls every 500 games is excessive. Change them when they are nicked up, not just not perfect.

#7004 1 year ago

Finally took the plunge on a topper and agree it’s way overpriced, but it adds a great deal to the game imo. It’s like getting a new giant mech that adds to the game play coding experience after having the game for a year or two. Mando is such an awesome shooting game!

#7005 1 year ago

After finishing This is the Way the missions and MBs reset were still playable, but not the encounters. If you get through either the missions or MBs again do you get to play those mini wizard modes a 2nd time?

#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

After finishing This is the Way the missions and MBs reset were still playable, but not the encounters. If you get through either the missions or MBs again do you get to play those mini wizard modes a 2nd time?

Notice the same thing. It let me start another MB and mission but not encounter. Maybe a bug?

#7007 1 year ago

Y'all report that bug to Stern?

Edit: not that I will have to worry about it...never even been to a mini wizard mode.

#7008 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

my mando on location already has 2k plays ;
What kind of things do I need to replace at this interval?
So far I changed the coil stops they were literally falling apart . I change balls every 500 games ; wipe the playfield down once a month or two;
What else is there to look at around 2k plays;
Thank you

Just check for loose parts and screws. I run balls for 6 months or 2500 plays, whichever runs first. 500 is a little overkill

#7009 1 year ago

With the latest code update, has anyone noticed the less brutal display of the head shot with the gaderffii stick once you complete the first mode? There use to be a crushing storm trooper helmet that was riveting and I no longer see it. Does it still creep in sometimes after you finish upper playfield modes?

#7010 1 year ago

I have a chance to snag a Mando Topper and was curious if anyone knows if there were any inherent issues with the 1st Gen of the toppers vs. what will be coming?

#7011 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I have a chance to snag a Mando Topper and was curious if anyone knows if there were any inherent issues with the 1st Gen of the toppers vs. what will be coming?

I don’t think there are any differences between the initial run and upcoming run of toppers sans code update.

#7012 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I don’t think there are any differences between the initial run and upcoming run of toppers sans code update.

10-4 I pulled the trigger! I have to say I've never felt more indifferent about a purchase.

#7013 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

With the latest code update, has anyone noticed the less brutal display of the head shot with the gaderffii stick once you complete the first mode? There use to be a crushing storm trooper helmet that was riveting and I no longer see it. Does it still creep in sometimes after you finish upper playfield modes?

I’m sure I have the previous update on usb, I might have to look at this, that’s a great scene watching Boba go nuts!

#7014 1 year ago

I have a topper that it’s lightly used…less than 50 plays that I’d sell for $2,100. Non smoking home

#7015 1 year ago

As I already stated mando topper is way overpriced, but it’s a game changer for sure. Has caused me to approach Mando differently than before and adds so much to game play imo. No issues with 1st gen. Very cool to see a second screen showing different Star Wars assets from the main screen, during game play.

#7016 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

As I already stated mando topper is way overpriced, but it’s a game changer for sure. Has caused me to approach Mando differently than before and adds so much to game play imo. No issues with 1st gen. Very cool to see a second screen showing different Star Wars assets from the main screen, during game play.

It is cool but it could certainly do with more interactive code and more animations on its display don’t you agree?

Xaqery any chance you have more updates planned for Mando and the topper?

#7017 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It is cool but it could certainly do with more interactive code and more animations on its display don’t you agree?
Xaqery any chance you have more updates planned for Mando and the topper?

Whole heartedly agree with you. It needs way more to justify the huge cost. More interactive modes and animations on the display is a must. Please Xaqery do your magic and don’t let us down, since we’ve spent our hard earned dollars on your efforts to make it even better. At $2,000.00 there’s plenty of profit there to make additional code/assets.

#7018 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Whole heartedly agree with you. It needs way more to justify the huge cost. More interactive modes and animations on the display is a must. Please Xaqery do your magic and don’t let us down, since we’ve spent our hard earned dollars on your efforts to make it even better. At $2,000.00 there’s plenty of profit there to make additional code/assets.

Yes! Greef Karga giving the missions? Carl Weathers callouts + Hologram + Razor Crest's Dashboard -> This is the Way !
MV5BNzFhOGVmODgtOTNhZi00MWMzLWE3MzQtZDY2YTMxMjExYzVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgxMzc3OTc@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNzFhOGVmODgtOTNhZi00MWMzLWE3MzQtZDY2YTMxMjExYzVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgxMzc3OTc@._V1_ (resized).jpg

#7019 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes! Greef Karga giving the missions? Carl Weathers callouts + Hologram + Razor Crest's Dashboard -> This is the Way !
[quoted image]

Good ideas to send to Stern.

#7020 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

F’in awesome idea!! Xaqery can you make this happen? Talk about a topper selling feature that would make the topper great, where as at the minute it’s honestly just kinda ok.

#7021 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good ideas to send to Stern.

Done

#7022 1 year ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Have a scratched or scuffed leg on your Mando LE? No? Want insurance in case that ever happens? Yes? Buy this new leg. $50 + actual shipping costs to be determine when you prov...”
2023-02-28
Boba, WY
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 169 times

#7023 1 year ago

For the price of the topper. It’s been a tad quiet to still not get the first machine turn on boot bug fixed in over 2 months. Sigh.

#7024 1 year ago

Upgraded my plastic ramps to the official wireforms today which at first seemed like a 10 minute job and I was about to call it a day but then after some play testing I realised a number of fast clean shots to the left ramp were derailing off of the associated exit wireform. After A LOT of swearing, sweating, adjusting and play testing I’ve managed to pretty much sort it. It looks much better.

E4800356-45BB-4988-B141-91ACAD75A95F (resized).jpegE4800356-45BB-4988-B141-91ACAD75A95F (resized).jpegD44A77D3-8D36-4DE2-A5EE-12F07F5FAF63 (resized).jpegD44A77D3-8D36-4DE2-A5EE-12F07F5FAF63 (resized).jpeg23688DF1-9182-44FD-8FFF-F807ABEC58E2 (resized).jpeg23688DF1-9182-44FD-8FFF-F807ABEC58E2 (resized).jpeg
#7025 1 year ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Upgraded my plastic ramps to the official wireforms today which at first seemed like a 10 minute job and I was about to call it a day but then after some play testing I realised a number of fast clean shots to the left ramp were derailing off of the associated exit wireform. After A LOT of swearing, sweating, adjusting and play testing I’ve managed to pretty much sort it. It looks much better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They make it so much easier to see the playfield. You'll be happy with them.

#7026 1 year ago

It ain't much but it's mine thanks to a couple of dudes on here! Thanks, Chris/Brandyn! Never thought I'd get this topper.

IMG_7150 (resized).JPGIMG_7150 (resized).JPG

IMG_E7176 (resized).pngIMG_E7176 (resized).png
#7027 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

It ain't much but it's mine thanks to a couple of dudes on here! Thanks, Chris/Brandyn! Never thought I'd get this topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the Way!

#7028 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

What does that mean? Dude that is a great collection and it's a lot. I now have 6 machines as well and it took me awhile to get there. Looks bad ass!!!!

#7029 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I'm guessing you're already on some list for a Godzilla topper!

#7030 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

What does that mean? Dude that is a great collection and it's a lot. I now have 6 machines as well and it took me awhile to get there. Looks bad ass!!!!

Thanks, brother! Pecking away!

#7031 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm guessing you're already on some list for a Godzilla topper!

Man I hope so. I'm really not. I'm not NEAR what some of you guys have for a collection or clout. Stern..hey, Sterny...can you put me on that list for a GZ topper? Asking for a Friend.

#7032 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Nice setup- Good Variety!

#7033 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Diverter blade is loose, swivels left and right. I tightened the screw but it didn’t help. Nothing appears broken. Anyone else have this issue?[quoted image]

I’m having this issue on both my pro and premium. I THINK the issue is that the mech uses the tension of the spring to keep the diverter aligned but as the spring wears in a bit it becomes easier for the diverter to drift out of position. Anyone else have ideas I’m happy to hear them!

#7034 1 year ago

Three months into owning my Premium and I FINALLY cracked the 1B mark! Epic game, at least for me - took about 40 minutes. 3 balls with 2 extra balls (one for the 4th Mission and along the way I bought the Light EB with Beskar in the Foundry). I completed I LIKE THOSE ODDS on the first ball and YOU HAVE WHAT I WANT by the third ball. I had just completed PRECIOUS CARGO with my last ball and then DRAINED!!! After losing that last ball, THIS IS THE WAY lit up as my bonus points were calculating, but there was nothing I could do with it as the game ended there for me. Heartbreaking, but still satisfying.

High Score PB (resized).jpgHigh Score PB (resized).jpg
#7035 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m having this issue on both my pro and premium. I THINK the issue is that the mech uses the tension of the spring to keep the diverter aligned but as the spring wears in a bit it becomes easier for the diverter to drift out of position. Anyone else have ideas I’m happy to hear them!

Take a picture of the diverter, they do break and sometimes need a spot weld.

#7036 1 year ago

I thought the diverter is supposed to freely spin around ? If it’s the one I’m thinking of when you hit the giant middle ramp to the top is it that piece that spins?

#7037 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Take a picture of the diverter, they do break and sometimes need a spot weld.

The diverters are intact. Had that issue when we first got the pro but solid since.

#7038 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I thought the diverter is supposed to freely spin around ? If it’s the one I’m thinking of when you hit the giant middle ramp to the top is it that piece that spins?

If your diverter (top of center ramp feeding mini PF) is spinning it's loose or broken.

#7039 1 year ago

So does anyone know what keeps the diverter aligned? Am I right to assume it’s just the spring tension?

#7040 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

So does anyone know what keeps the diverter aligned? Am I right to assume it’s just the spring tension?

If it was just tension wouldn't it be able to be moved with a decent amount of force? Mine has a very small (mm or 2) range of motion before it hits a hard stop. Something is definitely broken IMO (not the large metal quarter circle that is the top part of the entire diverter mech...as people keep suggesting) . Is the screw really long? Maybe the screw snapped?

#7041 1 year ago

are you sure your diverter still has this guiding pole/ rod attached to it? this prevents mine from swiveling...

IMG_20230307_193118_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230307_193118_HDR (resized).jpg
#7042 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

are you sure your diverter still has this guiding pole/ rod attached to it? this prevents mine from swiveling...
[quoted image]

This must be it! But hard to imagine a part that big broke off without me finding it on the playfield…

#7043 1 year ago

Put up a new personal best on location yesterday, 1.3B, finishing the mission mini wiz mode for the first time.

Pretty amazing that with over 150 plays I still see new content in the game. First time seeing Mandalorian Madness and I forget the name, but I was awarded every item in the shop all at once?

This is probably the biggest change of opinion on a game I’ve ever had, from any era. Was lukewarm on release but it’s really grown on me. It’s a simple fan layout, but the tightness of all the shots except the center loop and scoop are all very rewarding to hit.

The beskar for moving through scope and hunter are worth it to keep a ball save in play and the game just seems really well thought out.

The upper PF on the pro is cool in a way that reminds me of Grand Lizard - it’s a flat playfield but makes you think you have a 2nd one with how it’s separated. The prem/LE upper PF is one of the coolest mechs Stern has done in a while.

Had it not been released in the same year as Godzilla I think Mando would’ve had a better reception.

With all that said I have a raging hardon for Future Spa and would part with Mando for the right trade

#7044 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

This must be it! But hard to imagine a part that big broke off without me finding it on the playfield…

I've had my Mando at home for 1.5 years and on location for about 6 months before that, and I'm on my 3rd diverter. Granted it's gotten a lot of plays, but that guide has sheered off every time. It's almost certainly hiding out somewhere on your playfield or below.

#7045 1 year ago

I recently picked up a Mando Premium and am loving this game. As I’m starting to go through this thread - are there any items a new owner should look for on this machine within the first few hundred plays?

I saw above about checking the diverter, replacing balls (had no idea on frequency), and now I’m getting a topper. (WOW that thing is gorgeous!)

#7046 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick-C:

I recently picked up a Mando Premium and am loving this game. As I’m starting to go through this thread - are there any items a new owner should look for on this machine within the first few hundred plays?
I saw above about checking the diverter, replacing balls (had no idea on frequency), and now I’m getting a topper. (WOW that thing is gorgeous!)

Check the small screws around the outside of the upper playfield that hold the plastic cover on. I've had em back out a couple times. I've also had the spot light behind the foundry loosen.

#7047 1 year ago

Any leads on NIB toppers at MSRP? My distributor is still saying he’s not sure if/when a second batch is arriving. Thought I heard March earlier.

#7048 1 year ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Any leads on NIB toppers at MSRP? My distributor is still saying he’s not sure if/when a second batch is arriving. Thought I heard March earlier.

I'm still waiting for mine too.....ugh. Wish Stern could pump out toppers the way they pump out games.

#7049 1 year ago

Those with the Mando Topper, what are your thoughts on it. Is it worth the hefty price? Would you buy it again?

#7050 1 year ago

Would tightening the screw on top of the diverter stop it from swiveling ? What is the solution for loose diverter ? I still have that support brackets;

Games on locations with about 2k plays

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.